Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

bananamags123 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:12 pm I rarely appear on this forum lol, spend most of my time lurking, but I have a feeling they're in Gibraltar? Bryony's insta story featured a shelf of Toblerones, with a £ sign and English writing so I assumed they were home/ in an airport but then Phil's picture suggests otherwise. Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, so they use £ and English is one of the official languages. The shop Bryony was in looks like it might be an Iceland, which they had in Gibraltar last time I was there anyways. Climate, landscapes and seascape seem to match too? Tis only a theory!
I thought they were in Crete again, just judging by the scenery, but the Toblerone and the pound sign is weird. It's also possible that they've already gone back to London, and they're just posting pictures that they have saved up, or maybe Bryony and Wirrow left and Deppy stayed for a little bit longer.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

The font is very reminiscent of WHSmith so they're likely back in the UK and that photo was taken in the airport. The background in Phil's selfie looks like the same background in his video so it's possible it was taken on the same day, plus we have no idea when the photo was originally taken, D&P could definitely be back in their flat now for all we know and the selfie was a decoy (or on an extra little solitary holiday in another country???) :illuminati:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

SquishPhan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:19 pm I'm :garbage:
:garbage: :garbage: :garbage:

These are the pics of Phil that I love. In natural light with a natural expression on his face. The ones where I see a real man instead of an entertainer :drool:

And look even the sea thinks the choppy emo hair gotta go. We love an intellectual body of water! You gotta keep it now Philly. The sea has spoken.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 pm These are the pics of Phil that I love. In natural light with a natural expression on his face. The ones where I see a real man instead of an entertainer :drool:
He's still doing that raised eyebrow thing, and side smile, but at least it's not another :O face. :thanks:

[edit] parallels:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

SquishPhan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:19 pm I'm :garbage:
Oh dear god yes :garbage: please, please push your hair back more often, let us see your lovely forehead more often :sparkle: plus your lovely smirk/smile, more of that please

So many vacation pics I'm honestly so content, my week has been made :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Definitely can't unsee that picture being a There's Something About Mary moment.
silentorator
not a first-time poster

I would like to offer a side by side with a still from the most recent video:
Clearly the only reasonable explanation is that Phil has been bathing in the blood of unicorns to maintain his youth and look good on camera :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:

Not that I'm complaining, either way, liola said it best (below)
liola wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 pm I haven't stopped staring at that selfie of Phil yet. I can't believe we have been blessed so much. My skin is clear, my health is back, my crops are flourishing. :garbage:

That's just something about that pic that makes me swoon. He looks relaxed and mature and a little bit flirty, he's smirking but not quite so at the camera and the only way I can describe him is "hot dad".

Oh Dan, what a lucky little shit you are <3
quercussp
living flop

Phil's selfie effed me up. I can't get over it.
:garbage: :garbage: :garbage: [Offtopic] I'm so glad the trashcans are back[/Offtopic]
DatCog
blobfish

LOVE the new Phil selfie <3 <3 <3

I'm all for him looking a bit more rugged and mature - embrace the salty quiff Phil please!! :please:
sparkle
blobfish

Me @ Phil right now holy shit!
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

someone help my formatting i don't know what i'm doing
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube code
DatCog
blobfish

I tend to use the twitter link instead as I have trouble with YouTube!
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Phil's shirt is giving me major Animal Crossing flashbacks, plus I wasn't expecting a video today so what a nice surprise (unless they mentioned it and I forgot, in which case I'm being silly :D )
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that a lot. :D
The bants were good, plus I like seeing Phil be good at a game.
Hopefully they will do another one of these.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I haven't gotten in more than a minute yet but I need to say that I haven't seen that shirt of Dan's in sooo long.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I was so floored by Phil's selfie that my brain almost short-circuited. Now I can't process the new video. Send help. :garbage: :dead:
Ablissa
pastel persona

This video was amazing. So many innuendos, the bants were on point, and most importantly, Phil seemed really into it + he was in charge this time! I hope they play this again <3
lurker
janice from the shop

i've paused the video to come here and say that i'm living for them including 2010 footage, phil being in such a radiant mood and "i'm too young to be nostalgic about the first sonic game" -- "i'm not" :lol: i just really love phil acknowledging his age woops :lilheart:
thank's you were great
SneakyLizard
butt chair

I'm still fighting back happy years after that selfie ( Phil is so beautiful and I love how simple and natural it is) and now a video? It's like a wonderful dream. :love2:
we walk among you
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

I loved the dynamic in this video - Phil being the one with all the knowledge, and the one leading Dan. We got bits of them interacting like that in Mark of Oxin and in We Love Katamari, and it's such an interesting dynamic to see, cause Phil is normally quite passive.
I also loved how absorbed Phil seemed to be, I don't remember the last gaming channel video when he looked more interested in the game than the video they were filming! Even in Mario Kart, he was balancing the two. Lots of soft Phil moments in this video as a result - yay! :love1:
Last edited by mathsniel on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mm_sunny1993
spork

Is it just me or were they talking incredibly fast in this video? I feel like I missed 80% of what they actually said.
Well, time to rewatch (many times) :thumb:
Flomy
sofa crease

Damn they look good together in this video! The colors are so aesthetically pleasing, the red in both their shirts, the brown in Phil's shirt matches Dan's hair and the vice versa. I am living for it. :garbage: The video was nice, not my fave but did not expect one so I am not complaining. Also, Phil being Sonic and thus being in charge, YES please. :love2:

[Offtopic]I legitimately thought there was a Minion on Phil's shirt.[/Offtopic]
liola
rankussy

I just... I never thought that in a single video we would get Dan talking about his fursona, Phil saying "daddy's here", the word balls said so many times I lost count, the flirty "Lester", a reference to 2010 and in general so much innuendo about wanting balls that I had to make sure I was wearing headphones.

This video was a lot and I could barely focus on the screen because of how fast it was.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lurker
janice from the shop

okay after actually watching it: this video is definitely added to my pile of favourite gaming videos Of All Time. i can't pin down any specific moments, but they both seemed to be in such a good mood and genuinely having fun, their dynamic was lovely, there was an undeniable aspect of nostalgia, and i was living for phil making inappropriate comments and actually being good at the gameplay. it brightened up my day and i'll definitely rewatch. so, 10/10, made me laugh and was very sweet. i'm happy. :lilheart:
thank's you were great
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

A video to end the week and distract us from them coming back home? Check.

An unexpected game that kicks us back to our childhood and makes me want to sway-sway my credit card? Check.

Phil taking charge of a game and being good at it? Check.

Dan being supportive and extra? Check.

Phil looking particularly handsome, so much that I had to watch the video twice to comprehend it? Check.