Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Trolls need to try harder and actual tea spillers need to spill some hotter shit than this. Next.
captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 pm
DnP Insider wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 am Believe me, don't believe me. The illusion will continue for a while yet. They're very good at what they do. Call me a disgruntled ex-employee if you like. It's close enough. Just think carefully about what you've been shown and whether what I've said adds up.

If you think it doesn't, fair enough. Nothing I can say will convince you. Doesn't bother me either way.
I can't believe Dan and Phil secretly fired Maryanne and now she's joined idb to spill the tea. Wild.
lmao I had the same thought :rofl:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
MaggieW
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

DnP Insider wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 am Believe me, don't believe me. The illusion will continue for a while yet. They're very good at what they do. Call me a disgruntled ex-employee if you like. It's close enough. Just think carefully about what you've been shown and whether what I've said adds up.

If you think it doesn't, fair enough. Nothing I can say will convince you. Doesn't bother me either way.
That's a good plot for a fanfic! But I think you are confused, this is IDB, not Wattpad. :mrgreen:
autumnhearth
senpai

rizzo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

well, shit. you've convinced me. i've had a complete paradigm shift. everything i knew to be true and real is suddenly false and inconsequential. 8 years worth of affirmative posts and tweets and videos all down the drain, because an anonymous insider has let me know otherwise.

cancel my phan-scription, y'all. i have seen the light.

:sobs:
rizzo I'm highly amused that your current rank is "unduly facetious"

So YouNow today eh? Will Dan finally return to the piano nook and have a nice sit down chat with us? It's only been one month, one week and four days...

Looking forward to it. :piano:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Welp. Pack it up everyone. Let's get #phanisover trending worldwide. Some rando on IDB said so, I'm afraid it must be true. We can all rest easy now knowing The Truth™. RIP.

Anyways.
I'm super looking forward to the live show later. Wonder if he'll share some vacay details with us. :6-year-old dan:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ewok wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:30 pmI'm super looking forward to the live show later. Wonder if he'll share some vacay details with us. :6-year-old dan:
He better share a damn selfie of them. I don't care if it's a 'hold the phone up to the camera' deal.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Predictions for today's LS:
  • (Ever so slightly) Tan Howell talks about the vaca.
  • Tells us his thoughts on the movie Mother!
  • Gets starry-eyed talking about Phil playing Sonic.
  • Promos "what NOT to do at university" and gives us some BTS info.
  • Is generally glowing.

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:20 pm

well, shit. you've convinced me. i've had a complete paradigm shift. everything i knew to be true and real is suddenly false and inconsequential. 8 years worth of affirmative posts and tweets and videos all down the drain, because an anonymous insider has let me know otherwise.

rizzo I'm highly amused that your current rank is "unduly facetious""
I do my best to honor my rank. :lol:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I heard about this 'ex-employee' tea and needed to witness it firsthand, apologies for the long abandonment IDB but in my defence it's been a year for my family and I just have not had the time :roll:
@DnP Insider forgive me if I don't believe any of the very little you've actually said, but as hilarious as all this is you can't actually expect such vague, sweeping statements to sway anyone here? :ribena: I may have truly fallen off the deppy stan bandwagon and have my doubts, but you've still got to bring real tea and receipts :shrug:

In other news, the last few videos have been a bit boring imo, and the flooding of on-holiday social media posts have thrown me for a bit of a loop, but I am hyped that pinof and spooky week season are soon approaching and ready to see if we ever hear what mysterious projects and things were going on in the spring :corn:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
DryCereal
koi pond

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:08 pm
blackdenim wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am

Go on then, I'll bite.

If you've got so much inside information: how much longer is the 'illusion' going to continue for, and how do you think they're going to break the news to us that they secretly hate each other.

I'd say we've only got about another three years. Dan did say that he might get a girlfriend when he's 29. He just wanted to spend his twenties playing video games with his platonic friend/flat mate/frequent YouTube collaborator. (It's just convenient is all.)
Dan won't handle the pressure of turning 30 nearly as well as Phil has, he'll have another crisis, move out, then find a lovely wife and have some lovely children. 2022 was never going to happen when 2020 comes first. Stay woke people.
Dan will have a turning 30 crisis the year he turns 29?
Shit me... that's the rebrand we were promised kids! End of the procrastination! :D

LS tonight, hopefully... I echo @rizzo 's predictions, plus a review of what they listened to / downloaded to watch on the plane (easyjet, natch) possibly a brag/moan about status of the houseplants, and unfortunately a chat-demanded ramble about DD. :sideeye:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My liveshow predictions/wishlist:

- Dan alludes to how filthy Phil was in the Sonic video. (Are we living in a post hedgehog furry universe?)
- Shows us a couple of pictures he didn't post from the holiday on his phone
- Maybe mentions that youtube has been glitching with the video notifications lately?
- Echoing Ickle, but plane movie reviews, maybe Mother/It/whatever else is new. Bonus points if they've seen It and he talks about how much Phil loved It.
- Promotes Phil's new video along with his own uni video.
liola
rankussy

I can't believe I came back to PhanIsOverParty, I'm wearing my glitzy googles, gotta open up the wine!

My liveshow predictions:

-Dan will show us some selfies, he bettah
-Promo for his last video AND Phil's video, obvs. Gotta get those £££
-Will probably mention Phil an unnecessary amount of times, particularly whenever someone ask "Dan what did you think of/how did you like" because if he found necessary to say that Phil is now milky white when someone asked if DAN was tan :roll:
-He'll tease a coming video, probably on DAPG or promise a liveshow
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm - Echoing Ickle, but plane movie reviews,
A review of the current in-flight magazine and safety card. I'm sure both are LOVELY. ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm - Echoing Ickle, but plane movie reviews,
A review of the current in-flight magazine and safety card. I'm sure both are LOVELY. ;)
Maybe Dan will review the flight attendants and Phil will show up out of nowhere to smack him on the back of the head, or just say the words "Tom Daley" to shut him up.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Maybe Dan will review the flight attendants and Phil will show up out of nowhere to smack him on the back of the head, or just say the words "Tom Daley" to shut him up.
Wait though. I really need Dan to talk about Tom Daley and his raging jealousy. This is important for my health.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

DnP Insider wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 am If you think it doesn't, fair enough. Nothing I can say will convince you. Doesn't bother me either way.
It doesn't bother you either way, yet here you are trying to convince us all otherwise. Gave us a laugh at least, but no-one will ever troll us as much as kiro55 did, that was at least funny.
captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 pm I can't believe Dan and Phil secretly fired Maryanne and now she's joined idb to spill the tea. Wild.
Oh my, I would love Marianne to sign up to IDB, I stan her more than Deppy tbh :number1:

Liveshow predictions:
- Discussion about his "ironic" donut selfie
- Discussion about anime
- Discussion about the new FOB song.

This will be the first LS I've watched in a long time!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm
Wait though. I really need Dan to talk about Tom Daley and his raging jealousy. This is important for my health.
Guarantee there will be SOME mention of Tom Daley tonight, Dan's too much of a jealous prat to not comment on it. :blackheart:

Which I am so here for 100%, we can talk about Tom Daley anytime, anyplace. :drool:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Ewok wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 pm
Guarantee there will be SOME mention of Tom Daley tonight, Dan's too much of a jealous prat to not comment on it. :blackheart:

Which I am so here for 100%, we can talk about Tom Daley anytime, anyplace. :drool:
I CANNOT WAIT for this - I'm looking forward to the snark and the priss face.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I had briefly forgotten about the Tom Daley thing and now I am so ready for this liveshow! I would pay good money to see a collab between D&P and Tom (and his hubby?) :drool: please boys it would really improve my week
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Yay for YouTube live stream!! But :sideeye: for the 4g thing because they literally fixed their wifi and it worked great with the last gaming live stream... :tinfoil:
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

Hyped for YouTube live show :thumb: Far better quality than YouNow. I'm curious though, didn't they have a contract or agreement of some sort with YouNow? Is it okay that he's been skipping it for a while?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm Hyped for YouTube live show :thumb: Far better quality than YouNow. I'm curious though, didn't they have a contract or agreement of some sort with YouNow? Is it okay that he's been skipping it for a while?
I found this on their help page... Image Maybe they bring in enough views that the consistency doesn't matter? But I think not doing a stream in over a month would start to be an issue with some companies. :shrug:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

If YouNow is anything like Twitch (about which I know a fair amount), then those rules concern the threshold you need to pass to become a partner, but you will not get downgraded if you fall below the requirements. After all, YouNow earns money when he streams by taking a cut - and that cut is probably the reason that Dan is switching to Youtube. Mobile livestreaming has been in their app for a while now and is likely tested and bug-free, and there's a good chance Youtube takes a smaller cut off the superchats and sponsors. Once again I can only compare to Twitch, but if you are an especially popular streamer on that platform, you can get special deals with smaller cuts than the average partnered streamer - maybe YT offered something similar to them in order to get more livestreams going?
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

[Offtopic]i'm so desperate waiting for dan's ls that i went and found a bake off live stream. this feels so weird, one of the rare times i see a show in english without subtitles.. what the heckity heck is this? they have wholesome grandmas, pastel shirts, calming violin music on the background. is this even a competition? i better understand dan's ls mood and bake off references better after this or something[/Offtopic]
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Question: Has Phil strayed from younow yet? Maybe they have a contract together and since Phil still does his weekly shows there, they don't need to worry about the sponsorship?
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
000dia000
emo goose

DnP Insider wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 am My dear, sweet little Phannies, allow me to throw you a bone because you are so far off it's not funny.

Dan and Phil no longer live together. They make appointments to film videos together. Most of the "apartment" you see is a studio. They are very committed to the brand, not so much to the relationship.

I know it's hard when an illusion is crushed. Consider it crushed. It was over a long time ago. It was only ever about views and £££.
Confession: I love a good troll.
But seriously? This was crap.
:cactus:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

000dia000 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 pm
DnP Insider wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 am My dear, sweet little Phannies, allow me to throw you a bone because you are so far off it's not funny.

Dan and Phil no longer live together. They make appointments to film videos together. Most of the "apartment" you see is a studio. They are very committed to the brand, not so much to the relationship.

I know it's hard when an illusion is crushed. Consider it crushed. It was over a long time ago. It was only ever about views and £££.
Confession: I love a good troll.
But seriously? This was crap.
Right? I feel the same way. I never commented on this when it happened this morning, but I have to say it was the first thing I saw when I woke up and I laughed and laughed.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17