Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so glad they went to see It! I had such low expectations for that movie but ended up loving it. Cute boys on their cute date night in an empty theatre... that's some fanfic ish right there. Made me go :garbage:

whoops top of the page and I'm talking about clown themed date nights... soz
Last edited by Ewok on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Ablissa wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 pm
EDIT: "...and annoying my friends, and Dan" - I love that Phil puts Dan in a separate category from his friends.
came to post about this too. Dan ain't a friend :rofl:
SneakyLizard
butt chair

Not even halfway in and I love this liveshow. I love it. He's sweet and energetic and so freaked out by It (unexpected, from a horror buff. it must be really scary) and there's a collaaaab!

Edit: the closed laptop prank. oh. oh my, poor phil.
Last edited by SneakyLizard on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we walk among you
citizen_erased
truth bomb

there's going to be a video with Louise where she quizzes the boys on pregnancy & baby things.

Personally, I'm incredibly NOT interested in this, but that might be just me.
Ablissa
pastel persona

citizen_erased wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 pm there's going to be a video with Louise where she quizzes the boys on pregnancy & baby things.

I will watch it with adblock on and pretend Louise is not there. :lol:

EDIT: in the boyfriend tag vid, Dan is going to be off-camera. :(
Last edited by Ablissa on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SneakyLizard
butt chair

citizen_erased wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 pm there's going to be a video with Louise where she quizzes the boys on pregnancy & baby things.

I'm looking forward to it -- partly 'cause all my friends are having babies so I'm neck deep already and quite enjoying it in real life, and partly because it always fascinates me to watch d&p interact with other people, and Dan especially has always had good chemistry with Louise.
we walk among you
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

that tom daley evasion... i don't know what i expected :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

He's very forthcoming about Dan so far this liveshow. Talking about spontaneously going to the movie with Dan and the theater being empty, "annoying my friends, and Dan," and saying how he tried to lean into Dan as much as he could on the flight to get away from the guy on the other side of him. I really appreciate when he just casually tells stories like that and it feels like he's not really filtering the way they sometimes do.

but lmao @ the tom daley part
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Looking forward to the in-depth dream analysis :lol:
(fo real though)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

This was such a fun ls, thought Phil was in a great mood and looked really good. :love1:

I’m excited for the collab with Louise, should be a fun video.

Going on an excursion type thing for youtube. Maybe Youtube Rewind?

We are free to analyze Phil’s nightmare, so I hope someone does.
Ablissa wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 pmEDIT: "...and annoying my friends, and Dan" - I love that Phil puts Dan in a separate category from his friends.
Yeah that was pretty funny.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was such a lovely livestream. I think when he goes weeks between I always forget how his shows leave me feeling after - just, settled and content. I don't think he's super passionate about doing them but I don't think that he's completely checked out either. He's engaged in them while he's doing them, and if having the 45 minute time frame or only doing 2-3 a month is what makes it work for him then I'm all for it.

Oh man, Phil and his anxiety dreams. I love that he's so forthcoming about them lately? And I love that he made the connection himself between the dreams and the real life source of them. It's interesting that he seems to be saying he did most of the planning/arranging for their holiday last week.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

lemme just say, i want him to make a 15 minute long main channel video just showing us all of his freckles. i am entirely enamored
(also, i too am looking foward to someone analyzing the dream)
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I was driving through the middle of nowhere for work when I got the notification for the liveshow. I just listened to it through the bluetooth in my car, so I missed all the visuals. I was still smiling like a fool in my car! It was so good. He seemed so happy and content to tell us all about his life. I missed a bit of it, but I am in such a good mood now. A+
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Haven't had time to catch up on the thread yet because uni's eating all my time again but I managed to watch this liveshow and it was so nice. Phil was in such a great post holiday relaxed mood, looking v cute and freckly in grey.There was also a good share of cute and new stories, yay for Phil giving us what Dan didn't. :love2:

Some random comments:

• "my friends, and Dan" lol
• I always enjoy hearing about his and Dan's little cinema dates
• Phil explaining his newfound passion for fish... someone hire him as a nature documentary narrator pls
• shows us his freckles, also mentions Dan's comments on them.
• sexy centaur girl. lmao does this count as a furry mention?
• plane story where the guy next to him didn't have any concept of personal space.... do i remember it wrong or did Dan say the exact same thing happened to him ??
a)they are continuing the whole merging/symbiosis process
b) one of them is 'lying' (dont take this word as me being like "omg liArs!!" sometimes u just change some details to make telling a story easier no big deal)
anyway phil's sounded more convincing to me but idk
• video with Louise on baby stuff, yay
•"i didn't steal the jacket, i asked if i could steal it" also omg phil in that denim jacket all autumn, yessss sign me up for this
• changing the subject of tom daley so fast lol ok
•"feel free to analyse me"
• He mentions his anxiety over organising/planning stuff
• I love it when he tells us about his dreams, feels more personal than most stuff he shares
• He didn't even mention his new(last) video in the ls at all ?? confirms it really was a filler i guess
• someone asked him what was coming for him or smth like that and he didn't really reply to the question..... so well where are you guys standing on the moving theories atm ?
MaggieW
glabella

I'm still watching the liveshow but "[Tom Daley] tweeted me... is that a mosquito?" amazing :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

AroboticPhil wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:11 pm • plane story where the guy next to him didn't have any concept of personal space.... do i remember it wrong or did Dan say the exact same thing happened to him ??
a)they are continuing the whole merging/symbiosis process
b) one of them is 'lying' (dont take this word as me being like "omg liArs!!" sometimes u just change some details to make telling a story easier no big deal)
anyway phil's sounded more convincing to me but idk
I thought this at first too. I was like "wait, was Dan just internalizing Phil's discomfort and lack of personal space?!" But Dan was telling us about the plane ride there and Phil said the plane ride back

My notes, no times on them sorry.

-His chair is very close to the living room
(the upstairs is probably smaller than I thought)
-Says his internet is being weird
-Polishing horse statues, saw a horse hedge today (okay Philip)
-Ah the *blooping* lava lamp, that explains it

-Just saw IT
-Dan is at a family thing
-Alone and 15% terrified
-Stranger things vibe
-Phil doesn't have "the clown phobia"
-Lots of teeth, "woof" (not that kind of woof)
-Dodgy lift in building, on edge
-Completely empty cinema, spontaneous daytime outing

-"Such a good load of freckles", "tan-esque?"
-Quoting Dan about his skin
-Phreckly Phil channel
-Has a shorts line, factor 50 sunblock made for babies
-Shows off shoulders "freckle fest 2016", what year is it Phil?
-Turning into a fish nerd now
-Sea fear, sea-a-phobia
-"Pootling" in the cove
-Having his own nature documentary, annoying friends *and* Dan
-New hobby as a fish watcher

-Few excursions, mostly relaxing
-Read Buffy comics
-"Sexy centaur girls", embarrassed at the possibility of someone looking over his shoulder while reading.
-Horse Prince reference of course.
-"Why is it getting sexy while she's half horse?"
-Don't shame Lauren, Phil

-Phil had middle seat on the plane ride back, no personal space, tried to lean into Dan as much as he could (how tragic)
-Sounds like Dan's story on the ride there.
-Poor tall boys weren't traveling first class to the Mediterranean.
-No plane rage Phil, "I think he could help it"
-Alone with own thoughts, had some ideas, feelings about world, then slept. Crickety neck.

-Louise came over to film collab on her channel
-Quizzing on pregnancy and baby terms, bet they did horribly
-Hadn't seen her since she got pregnant, "pretty pregnant", "woah"
-Very excited for new "baabae"
-Watched birth video with Louise "The Miracle of Life"
-Not while eating his Wagamamas.
-Crowning baby jump scare on laptop next time he opened it.

-Anti-Akinator, encourages commenting
-Nothing goes to plan on DAPGs.
-"The opposite of you" is now a result
-Side eyes or suggestive eyes on shirt? Open to our interpretation.
-Loves his cozy fleece "fluff" lined denim jacket, asked to steal it from their Stranger Things segment of YT Rewind but hasn't worn it enough.

-Next video promo transition, #ClothesForPhil
-Dan may judge off camera as a voice (noooo we want his face)
-Dan has made short list of outfits, may add a few more

-No souvenirs, just a mosquito friend
-Maybe blood has changed
-Jungle Formula level 5, stank, surprised anyone wanted to sit next to him, waiter imitation "here's your rose sir."

-School talks with chat
-Try to be more educational on DAPGs
-"Mutant hedgehog physics"

-One person in back corner of the cinema, definitely the clown
-Fav films of 2017, Dunkirk!
-iPhone X too expensive for what it is, likes 8, fine with 6S, might get new phone contract, headphone jacks are important. Unlimited 4G data is hard to come by
-Are you watching trailers now Phil?
-Tom Daley, tweeted him about dive, definitely needs practice, not Olympic level yet.
-Flight turbulence puts him a bit on edge, looks for exits
-Steven King Bad Dreams Compilation
-Should start thinking about 2018 calendar
-Not paying a website for a psychology fact sorry.
-"Relaxed from holiday" Sims moodler
-Might try caramelized pecan latte tomorrow
-Game suggestions, still doesn't know how they would film a board game, come on Phil!
-Little excursion for YouTube thing next week, might see pics. Guessing this is Rewind.
-Rick & Morty (I can relate to being put off by burping)
-American Horror Story, surrounded by clowns.

Terrifying dream probably brought on by organizing anxiety, often happens when planning things for family and friends holidays. Dream: trying to get his family from theater to restaurant, hailed a cab, wasn't real authorized taxi, driver scared, full hooded man in passenger seat, "pillow man". Superhero Phil, kicking window, shouting to stop the car, pulled pillowcase off head, wrinkly old man said "you are a witch!"
6 am had to get a glass of milk.

-"You're a witch Philly!" "witchy"
-Going to eat, brew cauldron
-"Inspo" for ls thumbnail and title
-Hope you're okay Philly
IamMe(Ayame)
tol bean

That was an amazing liveshow <3 , i didnt realize how much i missed just spending an hour hearing him talk about things untill now. He also looked very beautiful today :blush: that holiday did them well. I can never imagine listening to his liveshows as a podcast tho, i wouldnt miss out on his expressions or like just the way he moves when he talks, it makes it much more enjoyable. But thats maybe just me cause i cant actually listen to like talking or sth while im working or studying, so yeah.
Im really hyped for the video with Louise tho, i really like her chemistry with them and her as a person kinda.
But I really do hope Phil changes his mind about Dan bieng offscreen :stan: :please: I want him there and present and trying to hold in his laughter when Phil enevitably tries something silly :garbage: :rofl:
That wasnt what I was expecting with the Tom tweet but i dont know what i wanted either, it just wasnt that :hmmm:
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ok but why is 'squinting into the sun' apparently the angle dan thinks looks good on him?

Is it that he thinks it gives him a stronger jawline? Because that just makes me sad, that he's still measuring the height of attractiveness as strong jaw.
Vanderlyle
spork

how obsessed are the lads going to be with this movie?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That selfie is some objectively bad Tinder shit right there.

I'm at least mildly tokophobic, it's my personal hell D: Plus I dislike Louise these days due to her ignorant behavior on social media and such. I'll wait a bit when it comes out and judge by social media reaction on whether I can deal.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onetruetrash
blobfish

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 pm That selfie is some objectively bad Tinder shit right there.
True, it looks like he has the sun in his eyes. Everyone on Twitter is raving about it though.
dontpanic
#relatable

EDIT: "...and annoying my friends, and Dan" - I love that Phil puts Dan in a separate category from his friends.
I guess the contract from hiring dan to be his friend must have expired
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Loved how instantly he left the topic of Tom Daley, very smooth.
Also interested in hearing an analysis of Phil's dream.
snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 pm lemme just say, i want him to make a 15 minute long main channel video just showing us all of his freckles. i am entirely enamored
New amazingphil video: freckle haul
autumnhearth
senpai

dontpanic wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 pm
I guess the contract from hiring dan to be his friend must have expired
And with it their contract to take photos of each other. RIP.