Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Lain
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

twix wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:27 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am As a middle aged nose pervert, I lack the 11/10 eyesight required to analyze their shelves and groceries. :philtrash:
Does anyone recognize the books and dvd's on sight here?
Well, I tried.
1) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
2) The New Earth, a new age self help book popularized by Oprah
3)The Daemon, another new age book
4)The Lost Barkscrolls by Paul Stewart
5)The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6) I think the green and yellow/beige book + the two black books behind Louise's head in the screencap are books by Garth Nix but I'm not sure.
7) A whole bunch of ASOIAF books by GRR Martin
8) The Great Pyramid Decoded by Peter Lemesurier, actual conspiracy theory shit (I'm like 80% certain that's what the spine says but I can't find a cover match)
9) The Politics Book by Sam Atkinson et al; it's a reference book.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
A couple additions:

4 books: Some of The Edge Chronicles books by Paul Stewart & Alex Riddel
13: Sword Art Online
14: Cinema Collection
annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:23 pm
goldenmermaid wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm Excited for the video with Louise, but where do we reckon they filmed it? Surely they wont all try to fit in Phil's room?
That's a good question. Maybe they all sat where Phil does his liveshows at?
I'm thinking on the grey couch where she was filming the vlog (aka Dan's new liveshow spot) since the background is semi-interesting and I think you can hear Dan collapsing a tripod or light in that clip. Plus there would be enough space for all of them.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am As a middle aged nose pervert, I lack the 11/10 eyesight required to analyze their shelves and groceries. :philtrash:
Well, I tried.
6) I think the green and yellow/beige book + the two black books behind Louise's head in the screencap are books by Garth Nix but I'm not sure.
8) The Great Pyramid Decoded by Peter Lemesurier, actual conspiracy theory shit (I'm like 80% certain that's what the spine says but I can't find a cover match)
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
This is going to be of absolutely no use whatsoever, but the book right next to number 3 is Looking for Alaska, by John Green. I wonder if they got rid of many books/DVD's during the move, that shelf looks pretty sparse and I remember when they were first in Manchester, Phil had that humongous suitcase of DVD's. It also surprises me that they would own a book like The Lovely Bones..I thought they were more thriller readers. I mean, I know Dan likes a cry, but...
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Lain wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Well, I tried.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
A couple additions:

I've been checking the video and behind louise's head is I Am Pilgrim . I don't recognise any of the other books/things there. I am a disgrace to all booknerds.
asnazzyphil
tol bean

citizen_erased wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm
Well, I tried.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
A couple additions:

I've been checking the video and behind louise's head is I Am Pilgrim . I don't recognise any of the other books/things there. I am a disgrace to all booknerds.
I'm pretty sure the book on the right of TFIOS is The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. They also have BINGE by Tyler Oakley and This Book Loves You by Pewdiepie on the far right which are visible at 28:21. That seems to be their YT book section so they might have some others but I cant read any of the other spines.
Bekah
tol bean

asnazzyphil wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 pm
citizen_erased wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm
Well, I tried.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
A couple additions:

I'm pretty sure the book on the right of TFIOS is The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. They also have BINGE by Tyler Oakley and This Book Loves You by Pewdiepie on the far right which are visible at 28:21. That seems to be their YT book section so they might have some others but I cant read any of the other spines.
Friends blu ray box set on the left next to the wire. Kill Bill, Matrix and Lord of the Rings on the right.
kenzieisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That little video with Louise is gorgeous. They all look stunning and Dan's fricking glowing with that tan, plus the big brown eyes, cutest smile on earth etc etc. Crosstalk about the father and Phil also being pregnant, well :wink:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i was a bit weary about the louise video even though our awkward fancy meal is one of my favourites *war flashbacks to dan's collab with carrie* but the snippet from her vlog was nothing but lovely -- louise providing us with the real content here. :stan: i just really really hope they won't bleep female anatomy and act a bit self-aware about the ignorance they mentioned. but the three of them seemed to be in a lovely (if slightly awkward, in dan's case) mood and i'm hopeful that this will translate to the actual collab :lilheart:
thank's you were great
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm starting to have more and more mixed feelings towards the collab with Louise now. I mean, I've always found the videos they do with Louise to be really funny, but her behavior lately has made me like her a little less. They all seemed to be in good spirits in the vlog we saw so I'm hoping for the best.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alch wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 pm I'm starting to have more and more mixed feelings towards the collab with Louise now. I mean, I've always found the videos they do with Louise to be really funny, but her behavior lately has made me like her a little less. They all seemed to be in good spirits in the vlog we saw so I'm hoping for the best.
I'm in the same boat. I'm actually starting to dislike her, I've unsubscribed from her channel, but... The collab does seem like it will be quite cute, so I'm going to try to put my resentment on the shelf and enjoy it for what it is. I think it will probably be good, all things considered, they do seem happy in the vlog.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

Ablissa wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:27 pm
alch wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 pm I'm starting to have more and more mixed feelings towards the collab with Louise now. I mean, I've always found the videos they do with Louise to be really funny, but her behavior lately has made me like her a little less. They all seemed to be in good spirits in the vlog we saw so I'm hoping for the best.
I'm in the same boat. I'm actually starting to dislike her, I've unsubscribed from her channel, but... The collab does seem like it will be quite cute, so I'm going to try to put my resentment on the shelf and enjoy it for what it is. I think it will probably be good, all things considered, they do seem happy in the vlog.
what about louise are you starting to dislike if you dont mind me asking
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I never followed her individual content (not because I don't like her, it just doesn't really seem like something that's up my alley) but the other videos she's done with the guys have left me cry-laughing so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

cherrybomb3 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 pm
The temper tantrum being livetweeted from the train the other day, complete with attempted public humiliation with tweeting a picture of him and describing the ways she tried to ruin his trip afterwards, has left a bad taste in my mouth most recently.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I read a bit of her thread on here and apparently her book got bad reviews and she asked her fans to go leave nice ones because they were all so negative. She's also very out-of-touch and arrogant nowadays. She also had some drama with Emma Blackery last month though I'm not entirely sure what the deal there was. You should really read through Louis' thread if you wanna know more.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 am
The temper tantrum being livetweeted from the train the other day, complete with attempted public humiliation with tweeting a picture of him and describing the ways she tried to ruin his trip afterwards, has left a bad taste in my mouth most recently.
Plus her absolute disconnection not only with her viewers, but to the real, non-Youtube world.

The last three pages on Louise's thread can be helpful if you want to catch up with the tea:
http://indepthbants.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6&start=75
grenadine
crusty sponge

did she tweeted his picture or sth? because i can't find that and those tweets does not seem offensive or entitled? did she delete sth? they are from 21.09 if someone wants to check.

maybe those posts belong to another thread, but many people seem to freak out and be really conflicted over her so... i just want to know why. she is actually entertaining when she appears in videos i'm watching.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

grenadine wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 am
did she tweeted his picture or sth? because i can't find that and those tweets does not seem offensive or entitled? did she delete sth? they are from 21.09 if someone wants to check.

maybe those posts belong to another thread, but many people seem to freak out and be really conflicted over her so... i just want to know why. she is actually entertaining when she appears in videos i'm watching.
Still all there sis, if you can't find it it has been compiled under a spoiler on page 5 of her thread on here.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Re: Louise - I've found her insufferable on twitter recently (acting super entitled and out of touch, and lacking any humility), but she didn't come across too bad in that vlog. I watched the whole thing, and aside from one moment (the bit where she was reflecting on the time where she was on British TV and asked whether she was rich) she seemed quite likeable to me. The clips with Dan and Phil were great, and not only because the coupley vibes the two of them were projecting were off the charts. I think their collab together has the potential to be really entertaining, I am tentatively keeping my hopes up!

Re: The content of dnp's bookshelves - I am laughing at the fact that there are multiple new age self-help and conspiracy theory books, what the hell?? They don't strike me as the type to get much out of those books, given that Dan especially seems to be quite the cynic, and Phil as well when it comes down to it. Those books must belong to Janice :illuminati:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Ticia wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 am
Plus her absolute disconnection not only with her viewers, but to the real, non-Youtube world.

The last three pages on Louise's thread can be helpful if you want to catch up with the tea:
http://indepthbants.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6&start=75
I just read up on her thread to catch up and now I'm not sure how I feel? I'm not subscribed to her and don't follow her so I only really know her personality through deppy collabs. She always came across as just funny and sweet though, not as entitled as her tweets and posts make her seem. Has she always been kinda out-of-touch and I just didn't notice or is it a more recent personality shift??

I mean I'm still excited for the upcoming collab, the vlog snippet showed such a nice, relaxed vibe and they all seemed at ease and lovely :love2: But I dunno how I would have missed Louise acting entitled or insufferable, she never rubbed me the wrong way before, maybe I'm just bad at reading people? :shrug:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I might feel annoyed with Louise right now (and generally in this past year much less inclined to say I like her as a person) but I do still enjoy her youtube content, and in particular I think she vibes well with Dan and Phil so I'll still be watching that collab for sure.

(I don't, however, think she and Phil do nearly as well when it's just them - and that's always fascinated me.)
twix
butt chair

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 am Re: The content of dnp's bookshelves - I am laughing at the fact that there are multiple new age self-help and conspiracy theory books, what the hell?? They don't strike me as the type to get much out of those books, given that Dan especially seems to be quite the cynic, and Phil as well when it comes down to it. Those books must belong to Janice :illuminati:
I laughed too, but phil might have a dabbling interest in new age stuff (if not necessarily beliefs). I mean, it's basically the occult for wimps. And one of his birthday gifts to dan was a glass full of crystals that are supposed to predict the weather. Dan said it's BS but also that it's "so Phil, honestly."
@13:00
Here's the shelf, updated with everyone's contributions:
6) (Four books) Some of The Edge Chronicles books by Paul Stewart & Alex Riddel
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
13) Sword Art Online
14) Cinema Collection
15) Looking For Alaska by John Green
16) I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (behind Louise's head)
17) The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
18) Friends
19/20/21) Kill Bill, The Matrix, and LOTR
SneakyLizard
butt chair

Interesting variety on those shelves, (good work on the decoding!) but it seems like a pretty small sample of all their books and various media things -- I'd guess there's more elsewhere. And it's possible some of the books, like the conspiracy theory stuff, may not be personal/actually have been read, even. I say that because I am a book keeper, I can't bear to get rid of 'em, even when they were a white elephant or misguided gift, so I have some strange stuff on my own shelves. The guys do strike me as people who might keep and even display books that were gifted to them. Or maybe their taste is just a bit more eclectic than we expected!
we walk among you
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

just a couple more additions to the bookshelf decoding bc yet again im bored and apparently enjoy straining my vision as much as possible:

1. the ascension mysteries by david wilcock, a conspiracy book about the earth’s, uh, millennia-old battle with extraterrestrials, that we’re still apparently in the middle of, and the impending ‘massive cosmic event’ that will ‘transform matter, energy, consciousness, and biological life as we now know it and will utterly defeat the great villains of our time' .... seriously who gave them like a conspiracy theorist starter kit i need the backstory here??? i laughed so much reading about this book though, god bless

2. love sick by jessie cave - a book by the girl who played lavender brown in the harry potter films, who, when going through a creative dry spell, decided to challenge herself to draw a doodle a day and post it to twitter. those doodles are compiled in this book and they focus on ‘all aspects of liking someone’ and falling in love and it’s rly heavily marketed as being relatable to women and told from a woman’s perspective which is just interesting

3. all i know now, carrie hope fletcher's book

4. i feel like this one is soooo nearly detectible for me (esp in the first 2-3 seconds of the vlog) but i can't quite make out all the letters? i feel nearly certain the first word on the spine is 'living' and then there's a word that looks something like "IN_S_ _ ITY' but ... i dont even know. if someone can recognize this i will mail u flowers or some shit .. i think i stared at it and fiddled around with the resolution for like 30 minutes and now my eyes genuinely hurt hahaha

also:
-behind louise like directly to the left of the george rr martin books is a small book w a red spine which is angels and demons by dan brown.
-and second from the left right beside lovely bones is captain corelli's mandolin, which is written by a brit author and is basically like a war story with some romance, set on a greek island during ww2

and on the tv/boxset shelf you can see the edge of a big white box with a red top behind louise and peeking out from her right side which is the miyazaki boxset that dan bought phil a few years ago
Ablissa
pastel persona

Everyone else has basically said what I would have wanted to say. I used to be fond of her, because she seems like a nice person (her content doesn't interest me much, but I would put it on while doing something else). She seems out of touch with reality these days though.
Examples: claiming that hair appointments once a week should be mandatory, liveshaming that guy on the train for not offering to help her carry her bag, begging her viewers for positive reviews on her book, this tweet. She acts like the world owes her something, which it really doesn't.

I will definitely watch the collab, but only for D&P, not her.