Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am Image

2. love sick by jessie cave - a book by the girl who played lavender brown in the harry potter films, who, when going through a creative dry spell, decided to challenge herself to draw a doodle a day and post it to twitter. those doodles are compiled in this book and they focus on ‘all aspects of liking someone’ and falling in love and it’s rly heavily marketed as being relatable to women and told from a woman’s perspective which is just interesting
I know Dan and Phil have worked with Jessie in the past, I think during Geek Week on youtube maybe? Or was it Comedy Week? I can't remember, but I'm sure they did something with her. I also know they all follow each other on twitter, so they seem to have some sort of professional relationship. Could be either that they bought it to support her, or they were sent it by the publishing company as part of promotion maybe? Regardless, I love Jessie Cave, her vlogs she used to make are really funny.
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am 4. i feel like this one is soooo nearly detectible for me (esp in the first 2-3 seconds of the vlog) but i can't quite make out all the letters? i feel nearly certain the first word on the spine is 'living' and then there's a word that looks something like "IN_S_ _ ITY' but ... i dont even know. if someone can recognize this i will mail u flowers or some shit .. i think i stared at it and fiddled around with the resolution for like 30 minutes and now my eyes genuinely hurt hahaha
Oh man, I just spent like forty minutes trying to figure this out, and I came up with nothing. About half way through my search 'living' started to look a bit like 'divine', and I can also see 'THE' after 'living/divine' maybe? This is gonna drive me mad, it's just slightly too blurry to make out properly.

lmao sorry for such a pointless contribution, apparently my eyesight is absolutely horrendous
sparkle
blobfish

Dear Dan, Phil, Martyn etc.. if any of you are currently lurking.

announce a side channel bookshelf tour yeah :bigthumbsup:

love all of us at IDB who value our eyesight. <3
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 am
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am Image

2. love sick by jessie cave - a book by the girl who played lavender brown in the harry potter films, who, when going through a creative dry spell, decided to challenge herself to draw a doodle a day and post it to twitter. those doodles are compiled in this book and they focus on ‘all aspects of liking someone’ and falling in love and it’s rly heavily marketed as being relatable to women and told from a woman’s perspective which is just interesting
I know Dan and Phil have worked with Jessie in the past, I think during Geek Week on youtube maybe? Or was it Comedy Week? I can't remember, but I'm sure they did something with her. I also know they all follow each other on twitter, so they seem to have some sort of professional relationship. Could be either that they bought it to support her, or they were sent it by the publishing company as part of promotion maybe? Regardless, I love Jessie Cave, her vlogs she used to make are really funny.
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am 4. i feel like this one is soooo nearly detectible for me (esp in the first 2-3 seconds of the vlog) but i can't quite make out all the letters? i feel nearly certain the first word on the spine is 'living' and then there's a word that looks something like "IN_S_ _ ITY' but ... i dont even know. if someone can recognize this i will mail u flowers or some shit .. i think i stared at it and fiddled around with the resolution for like 30 minutes and now my eyes genuinely hurt hahaha
Oh man, I just spent like forty minutes trying to figure this out, and I came up with nothing. About half way through my search 'living' started to look a bit like 'divine', and I can also see 'THE' after 'living/divine' maybe? This is gonna drive me mad, it's just slightly too blurry to make out properly.

lmao sorry for such a pointless contribution, apparently my eyesight is absolutely horrendous

"Living Energies: An Exposition of Concepts Related to the Theories of Viktor Schauberger" by Callum Coats

Oh, and I like lillies and colourful flowers in purple or orange! :undertaledog:

Edit: I am pretty sure this is the sharpest, most in-focus frame in the video so here you go: https://i.imgur.com/cCQ172z.jpg You can use the , and . button in the fullscreen mode on Youtube to jump one frame (image) at a time! Really helpful for stuff like this.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I want to add that at some point in Louise's vlog, you can see that there is another shelf above the two that are on frame. You can see it at 28:31
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 am
"Living Energies: An Exposition of Concepts Related to the Theories of Viktor Schauberger" by Callum Coats

I owe you my life, thank you so much :')
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Jessie Cave's book is by the same publisher, I think. It was given in the UK tour VIP goodie bag, anyway.

Edit - wow, 1000 posts, I am now an angel bean :angel:
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

flarequake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:24 pm
and now i ammmm...

cheeky spon whoop whoop tyvm everyone go check out audible.com pick up a copy of dangerous by milo yiannopoulos dont forget to #buymybook like rate comment subscribe
grenadine
crusty sponge

cherrybomb3 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 pm
and now i ammmm...

cheeky spon whoop whoop tyvm everyone go check out audible.com pick up a copy of dangerous by milo yiannopoulos dont forget to #buymybook like rate comment subscribe
For a moment i thought i misclicked and shared sth because i researched milo for like few last hours. Now that the book that they wouldn't put on display, but who knows what books they actually read, what beliefs they are not sharing with us. 8-)
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

grenadine wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 pm
and now i ammmm...

For a moment i thought i misclicked and shared sth because i researched milo for like few last hours. Now that the book that they wouldn't put on display, but who knows what books they actually read, what beliefs they are not sharing with us. 8-)

obvs not the expert but im pretty sure that anyone with half a brain cell would rather cover themselves in honey and jump into a human-sized wasps nest than interact with milo on any substantial level dw
twix
butt chair

Thanks to @LtrllySusan's screencap, I identified Black Butler, Work in Progress by Connor Franta, and The Power of Now which is another new age self help book.

1) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
2) The New Earth, a new age self help book popularized by Oprah
3)The Daemon, another new age book
4)The Lost Barkscrolls by Paul Stewart
5)The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6) (Four books) Some of The Edge Chronicles books by Paul Stewart & Alex Riddel
7) A whole bunch of ASOIAF books by GRR Martin
8) The Great Pyramid Decoded by Peter Lemesurier, actual conspiracy theory shit
9) The Politics Book by Sam Atkinson et al; it's a reference book.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire
13) Sword Art Online
14) Cinema Collection
15) Looking For Alaska by John Green
16) I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (behind Louise's head)
17) The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
18) Friends
19/20/21) Kill Bill, The Matrix, and LOTR
22) the ascension mysteries by david wilcock, a conspiracy book about the earth’s, uh, millennia-old battle with extraterrestrials, that we’re still apparently in the middle of, and the impending ‘massive cosmic event’ that will ‘transform matter, energy, consciousness, and biological life as we now know it and will utterly defeat the great villains of our time
23) love sick by jessie cave - a book by the girl who played lavender brown in the harry potter films, who, when going through a creative dry spell, decided to challenge herself to draw a doodle a day and post it to twitter. those doodles are compiled in this book and they focus on ‘all aspects of liking someone’ and falling in love and it’s rly heavily marketed as being relatable to women and told from a woman’s perspective which is just interesting
24) all i know now, carrie hope fletcher's book
25)

26) Black Butler
27) A Work in Progress by Connor Franta
28)captain corelli's mandolin, which is written by a brit author and is basically like a war story with some romance, set on a greek island during ww2
29)The Power of Now (with the bright blue spine), another new age self help book

Additionally:
nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am also:
-behind louise like directly to the left of the george rr martin books is a small book w a red spine which is angels and demons by dan brown.
[...]

and on the tv/boxset shelf you can see the edge of a big white box with a red top behind louise and peeking out from her right side which is the miyazaki boxset that dan bought phil a few years ago
asnazzyphil wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:25 pm They also have BINGE by Tyler Oakley and This Book Loves You by Pewdiepie on the far right which are visible at 28:21. That seems to be their YT book section so they might have some others but I cant read any of the other spines.
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

Oh, and I like lillies and colourful flowers in purple or orange! :undertaledog:

Edit: I am pretty sure this is the sharpest, most in-focus frame in the video so here you go: https://i.imgur.com/cCQ172z.jpg You can use the , and . button in the fullscreen mode on Youtube to jump one frame (image) at a time! Really helpful for stuff like this.
omg LtrllySusan you are the actual best, and i also did not know this about being able to shift thru frames. i was just playing the vid at .25 speed and hoping for the best. lol one bouquet of lilies coming right up!!!!!!

also super interesting to hear more about jessie cave and her book! i don't think i knew she had any connection to dnp, but that (plus the shared publisher) really makes a lot more sense than them owning this book themselves bc i took a look at a bunch of the doodles on google and ,, i was really confused what they would've gotten out of reading it haha (so i just assumed it'd been a kind of poor gift idea from someone)

bc i definitely am just losing my mind at this point i decided to also go back through some of the old shots of their bookshelves and boxset collection theyve given us over the years and compile those too and actually some of these shots kind of help with identifying a couple of the blurrier titles in the shot from louise's vlog (putting under a spoiler bc this post would be massive otherwise and i recognize this verging on overkill hahaha):

from 'HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz':

-angels and demons by dan brown
-othello and romeo and juliet by shakespeare
-a guild wars book lol (ghosts of ascalon)
-a streetcar named desire by tennessee williams bc dan truly is a theater kid i guess
-a brief history of time by hawking
-to kill a mockingbird which ik he's mentioned at some point as being one of his favorite books
-tales of beedle the bard by jk rowling bc gotta have that full hp lore obvi
-what looks like an older version of the lost barkscrolls than the one seen in louise's vlog

from 'Get Ready With Me':

(from right to left but skipping the obvious)
-captain correlli's mandolin as visible in louise's vlog
-freeglader and vox which are two of the edge chronicles books
-that yellow book next to the da vinci code which you can also see in between the da vinci code and the edge chronicles in louise's vlog!!!!!! ugh!!! what is it!!!!!!!!! someone tell me!
-and then directly to the left of that is another book i can't identify which looks like 'clash of --' something, so i thought clash of kings since they clearly have all the GoT books but i cant find a version of clash of kings with cover design/font like that, and the longer i look at that spine the more it looks like there are a few more than 3 words in the title so idek man

from 'Another Sleepless Night With Phil':
BOXSETS~~

(from left to right):
-fullmetal alchemist brotherhood x 2
-steins gate
-not sure of that white one w the black silhouette of a person at the top, but you can see it in louise's vlog as well, directly to the right of SAO
-cowboy beebop
-not sure what that series of rly thin white boxes is, but they are also visible in louise's vlog
-fullmetall alchemist brotherhood complete
-eden of the east (movie): king of eden
-darker than black
-miyazaki boxset
-SAO
-blue exorcist (1-3 presumably)
-black butler
-?? not sure of the one right next to black butler w that gold bit on the spine and i could not find a clearer frame :(
-eden of the east
-magi, which you can also see like 4 boxes of directly to the left of sword art online in louise's vlog
-(also let's not talk about how emo i got looking at that photobooth printout from tatinof again and how phil placed it and balanced it behind a lil totoro plushie jfc </3)

BOOKS~~
sorry in advance for how blurry and giant these pics are but phil did a rly fast scan which was quite zoomed in so i couldnt get the full thing in one shot or any snap that was clearer than these :( in this case if ur really curious it's probably better to go back and watch the clip in really slow motion (starts at ~ :53)

1. bazaar of bad dreams, short story collection by stephen king
2. youre never weird on the internet, by felicia day
3. all i know now, by carrie hope fletcher
4. seconds, by bryan o'malley - a cool graphic novel about a chef named katie who can fix her mistakes by writing them in a notebook, eating a mushroom, and then going to sleep
5. the animal world, which is weirdly not a book im able to find anywhere? though there's a documentary film by that name that seems popular. anyone got any ideas on this one??
6./7. the death cure and the kill order from the maze trial series by james dashner
8. the hunger games
9. wreck this journal, by keri smith - one of those silly journals w prompts on every page except this one is slightly weirder; some of the prompts are like, 'rip holes in this page w your pen,' 'stand on this page and wipe your feet on it,' etc.
10. japan tour book i presume
11. the book of magic by david ovason, literally a beginner's guide to being a magician
12. love sick again
(i got lazy w the second half of the shelf bc its stuff we know about/have identified before but!!)
13. unlikely friendships, by jennifer holland - listen!!!!!!!!!!!! this whole quest was WORTH IT for this ONE find bc this is possibly the cutest book i've ever heard of. its a book full of stories of unlikely animal friends :( some of the cutest ones i saw include fawn/kitten and cat/cockatiel :( there are photos too :( so cute
14. terrible old games you've probably never heard of, by ashens, also visible on the far right in louise's vlog, 2 to the right of love sick and 2 to the left of carrie's book
15. a dean koontz book, to carry forward phil's obsession w mystery/crime thrillers

wow this took .. so long. i am tired
anyway ..... to summarize new finds for the shelves seen in louise's vlog (and thank you so much twix for compiling all of them in one post/photo):

-boxsets: to the right of the miyazaki boxset, something as yet unidentified, then 2 blue exorcists, then black butler, then eden of the east, then 4 magi boxes
-ashens' book 'terrible games you've probably never heard of' - the black title squarely between love sick and carrie's book

i still feel like apart from the random assortment of new age conspiracy books, everything we've seen is quite expected and in line with what they have told us about their reading interests. also im just a tad emotional to see what were separate collections stored in their individual bedrooms at the old flat pretty fully mixed together on these shelves .. even though i guess that's a bit of an obvious thing. but also bc here in dan's may 2nd live show, he describes the shelves as v separate, saying the top shelf is a 'phil shelf' for his comics and stephen king books and the middle one is a 'dan shelf' for 'all my old poetry and theatre and some, like, shitty philosophy books ... hey, jean paul sartre.' <-- pointing to the left half of the middle shelf. so maybe it started out w that intended divide but at this point, what we can see of the middle shelf seems perhaps a bit mixed together--some of dan's old favs and new stuff about politics and both of their (?) conspiracy/self-help books and GoT and youtube books all in one. or maybe it's not mixed, and dan is really the one taking an interest in these conspiracy things which would be, interesting,,, to say the least!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Anytime, guys :platonic:

I know you guys don't like Pewdiepie at all but he talks about the internet situation in the UK in his most recent video and I found that quite interesting, considering it's been a big issue for DnP and I have no idea about how things work over there. If you're interested as well (turn on adblock if you dont wanna support him): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJ6BaWdi9s
malday
emo goose

cherrybomb3 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 pm
grenadine wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 pm
and now i ammmm...

obvs not the expert but im pretty sure that anyone with half a brain cell would rather cover themselves in honey and jump into a human-sized wasps nest than interact with milo on any substantial level dw
Too late, you just soiled everything just by mentioning that waste of space.
LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm If you're interested as well (turn on adblock if you dont wanna support him)
Not worth giving even an adblockview. I'm sure there a are plenty of other uk residents that have talked about shitty internet.
fancybum
senpai

Ok well looking forward to vlog footage from other people maybe, but also wtf YT that better be fake leather.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

wtf...those dudes are silent for a day and then all of a sudden they're in Spain ?
And Phil in his liveshow telling us that there were no more holidays ahead.... :sideeye:
That said, this looks very interesting and I hope we get to see them in vlogs and on pannels ! Maybe a DITL ? (please)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AroboticPhil wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 pm wtf...those dudes are silent for a day and then all of a sudden they're in Spain ?
And Phil in his liveshow telling us that there were no more holidays ahead.... :sideeye:
That said, this looks very interesting and I hope we get to see them in vlogs and on pannels ! Maybe a DITL ? (please)
He did say they were going on a youtube related excursion, though! So I'm guessing this is what he was talking about there.

I really hope there are lots of daily vlogger types there. Louise's brief bit of them as made me thirsty for that kind of content.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

fancybum wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm Ok well looking forward to vlog footage from other people maybe, but also wtf YT that better be fake leather.
Looking at a couple of other peoples tweets, more swaggy jackets in store for the boys?
Also a lot of tea. :daddy: Although I'm not sure if they will wear them anywhere with the :yt: logo on it.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Ok well looking forward to vlog footage from other people maybe, but also wtf YT that better be fake leather.
This is prime af material for a ditl. If they don't film one, I'm going to hold a bitter grudge for AT LEAST.... a month. :tsk:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Okay, so who wants to sell their soul for a Spain DITL? :lol:
malday
emo goose

I saw Anthony Padilla posting instagram stories from Spain since yesterday, and i suspected they might be there too, since it was for a youtube thing.
fancybum
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm Okay, so who wants to sell their soul for a Spain DITL? :lol:
I'll go halfsies with someone.

But honestly I'm kind of losing hope of a ditl happening this year. There is just a tiny part of me clinging to a moving theory if only so their ditl is of them unpacking in a house. Maybe some light decorating. Is that so much to ask? I'm not even talking bedrooms, just common areas, totally reasonable.. :ninja:
malday wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm I saw Anthony Padilla posting instagram stories from Spain since yesterday, and i suspected they might be there too, since it was for a youtube thing.
All right, I'm going to need a list of everybody there right now so I can anticipate, and then inevitably be disappointed by the nonexistence of, COLLABS. Also need to know whose social media to stalk I mean what
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:49 pm

omg LtrllySusan you are the actual best, and i also did not know this about being able to shift thru frames. i was just playing the vid at .25 speed and hoping for the best. lol one bouquet of lilies coming right up!!!!!!

also super interesting to hear more about jessie cave and her book! i don't think i knew she had any connection to dnp, but that (plus the shared publisher) really makes a lot more sense than them owning this book themselves bc i took a look at a bunch of the doodles on google and ,, i was really confused what they would've gotten out of reading it haha (so i just assumed it'd been a kind of poor gift idea from someone)

bc i definitely am just losing my mind at this point i decided to also go back through some of the old shots of their bookshelves and boxset collection theyve given us over the years and compile those too and actually some of these shots kind of help with identifying a couple of the blurrier titles in the shot from louise's vlog (putting under a spoiler bc this post would be massive otherwise and i recognize this verging on overkill hahaha):

from 'HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz':

-angels and demons by dan brown
-othello and romeo and juliet by shakespeare
-a guild wars book lol (ghosts of ascalon)
-a streetcar named desire by tennessee williams bc dan truly is a theater kid i guess
-a brief history of time by hawking
-to kill a mockingbird which ik he's mentioned at some point as being one of his favorite books
-tales of beedle the bard by jk rowling bc gotta have that full hp lore obvi
-what looks like an older version of the lost barkscrolls than the one seen in louise's vlog

from 'Get Ready With Me':

(from right to left but skipping the obvious)
-captain correlli's mandolin as visible in louise's vlog
-freeglader and vox which are two of the edge chronicles books
-that yellow book next to the da vinci code which you can also see in between the da vinci code and the edge chronicles in louise's vlog!!!!!! ugh!!! what is it!!!!!!!!! someone tell me!
-and then directly to the left of that is another book i can't identify which looks like 'clash of --' something, so i thought clash of kings since they clearly have all the GoT books but i cant find a version of clash of kings with cover design/font like that, and the longer i look at that spine the more it looks like there are a few more than 3 words in the title so idek man

from 'Another Sleepless Night With Phil':
BOXSETS~~

(from left to right):
-fullmetal alchemist brotherhood x 2
-steins gate
-not sure of that white one w the black silhouette of a person at the top, but you can see it in louise's vlog as well, directly to the right of SAO
-cowboy beebop
-not sure what that series of rly thin white boxes is, but they are also visible in louise's vlog
-fullmetall alchemist brotherhood complete
-eden of the east (movie): king of eden
-darker than black
-miyazaki boxset
-SAO
-blue exorcist (1-3 presumably)
-black butler
-?? not sure of the one right next to black butler w that gold bit on the spine and i could not find a clearer frame :(
-eden of the east
-magi, which you can also see like 4 boxes of directly to the left of sword art online in louise's vlog
-(also let's not talk about how emo i got looking at that photobooth printout from tatinof again and how phil placed it and balanced it behind a lil totoro plushie jfc </3)

BOOKS~~
sorry in advance for how blurry and giant these pics are but phil did a rly fast scan which was quite zoomed in so i couldnt get the full thing in one shot or any snap that was clearer than these :( in this case if ur really curious it's probably better to go back and watch the clip in really slow motion (starts at ~ :53)

1. bazaar of bad dreams, short story collection by stephen king
2. youre never weird on the internet, by felicia day
3. all i know now, by carrie hope fletcher
4. seconds, by bryan o'malley - a cool graphic novel about a chef named katie who can fix her mistakes by writing them in a notebook, eating a mushroom, and then going to sleep
5. the animal world, which is weirdly not a book im able to find anywhere? though there's a documentary film by that name that seems popular. anyone got any ideas on this one??
6./7. the death cure and the kill order from the maze trial series by james dashner
8. the hunger games
9. wreck this journal, by keri smith - one of those silly journals w prompts on every page except this one is slightly weirder; some of the prompts are like, 'rip holes in this page w your pen,' 'stand on this page and wipe your feet on it,' etc.
10. japan tour book i presume
11. the book of magic by david ovason, literally a beginner's guide to being a magician
12. love sick again
(i got lazy w the second half of the shelf bc its stuff we know about/have identified before but!!)
13. unlikely friendships, by jennifer holland - listen!!!!!!!!!!!! this whole quest was WORTH IT for this ONE find bc this is possibly the cutest book i've ever heard of. its a book full of stories of unlikely animal friends :( some of the cutest ones i saw include fawn/kitten and cat/cockatiel :( there are photos too :( so cute
14. terrible old games you've probably never heard of, by ashens, also visible on the far right in louise's vlog, 2 to the right of love sick and 2 to the left of carrie's book
15. a dean koontz book, to carry forward phil's obsession w mystery/crime thrillers

wow this took .. so long. i am tired
anyway ..... to summarize new finds for the shelves seen in louise's vlog (and thank you so much twix for compiling all of them in one post/photo):

-boxsets: to the right of the miyazaki boxset, something as yet unidentified, then 2 blue exorcists, then black butler, then eden of the east, then 4 magi boxes
-ashens' book 'terrible games you've probably never heard of' - the black title squarely between love sick and carrie's book
i still feel like apart from the random assortment of new age conspiracy books, everything we've seen is quite expected and in line with what they have told us about their reading interests. also im just a tad emotional to see what were separate collections stored in their individual bedrooms at the old flat pretty fully mixed together on these shelves .. even though i guess that's a bit of an obvious thing. but also bc here in dan's may 2nd live show, he describes the shelves as v separate, saying the top shelf is a 'phil shelf' for his comics and stephen king books and the middle one is a 'dan shelf' for 'all my old poetry and theatre and some, like, shitty philosophy books ... hey, jean paul sartre.' <-- pointing to the left half of the middle shelf. so maybe it started out w that intended divide but at this point, what we can see of the middle shelf seems perhaps a bit mixed together--some of dan's old favs and new stuff about politics and both of their (?) conspiracy/self-help books and GoT and youtube books all in one. or maybe it's not mixed, and dan is really the one taking an interest in these conspiracy things which would be, interesting,,, to say the least!
At least one of those conspiracy theory books has to do with his crazy uncle, because at 44:12 in the Aug 7 liveshow he starts to show a book from the shelf and says: "I was gonna show you that, but that would be making fun of my crazy uncle." and then he pulls out the Delia Smith biography instead.
grenadine
crusty sponge

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

grenadine wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:17 pm
Ole

annetamiau
lady door

Ablissa wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm Okay, so who wants to sell their soul for a Spain DITL? :lol:
Right now I would strongly dislike a Spain DITL, I'd prefer no DITL at all. Reasons behind the spoiler because it's political stuff, but hey, it's not completely off-topic as Dan and Phil are currently in Spain.
Said political stuff has to do with the Spanish government limiting freedom of speech, imprisioning Catalan politicians and intimidating the general population with militarised police due to a referendum for independence that Catalonia is trying to one-sidedly hold on October 1st. So yeah, voting is bad and needs to be prosecuted.
I feel the entirety of the world doesn't even know this is happening as of now, so here is an article by The Guardian (there are some on the topic):
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... um-ballots
To keep it a bit more on-topic, I'm actually looking forward to Louise's pregnancy video with deppy (I want to know the extent of their ignorance regarding female biology). Other things to look forward to: The 'boyfriend buys my outfit' challenge and That Week In March (it's October next week, which is two months after August).
Behind every great person, there is a great cat