Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MaggieW
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

I like this kind of short, simple videos because they are really relaxing to watch. I had a bad day so this definitely made it better :love1:

Also, them playing DDR while doing shots is the content I want. But really tho, I'd like them to play a board game. They seem to enjoy those and I think it would be relaxing too! I used to play lots of board games so them invested in one would be great.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

lurker wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pmAny good short games that would fit on AP rather than the video channel? Phil teaches Dan about the benifits of moisturizing?
i've discovered just yesterday upon watching jenna marbles that my newest guilty pleasure desire for an amazingphil video would be "dan buys my outfits" :shush:
um i haven't had the time to catch up with the thread yet and by now this is old news but??? i'm shook what is this
i'm not used to this sort of wish fulfilment
does that mean phil is really lurking here
will he credit me
can i make another suggestion

i'm just...what
thank's you were great
onetruetrash
blobfish

lurker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 pm
lurker wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pmAny good short games that would fit on AP rather than the video channel? Phil teaches Dan about the benifits of moisturizing?
i've discovered just yesterday upon watching jenna marbles that my newest guilty pleasure desire for an amazingphil video would be "dan buys my outfits" :shush:
um i haven't had the time to catch up with the thread yet and by now this is old news but??? i'm shook what is this
i'm not used to this sort of wish fulfilment
does that mean phil is really lurking here
will he credit me
can i make another suggestion

i'm just...what
I noticed that too. Why does this always happen :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

To celebrate this miracle of The Outfit Video incoming, let me present you these desperate prayers from just 5 days ago:
lurker wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 pm i've discovered just yesterday upon watching jenna marbles that my newest guilty pleasure desire for an amazingphil video would be "dan buys my outfits" :shush:

(about doing a "boyfriend picks my outfit" video without calling Dan his boyfriend):
sparkle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 pm ....
Which is why I'd be interested if Phil did it - even though he wouldn't.
randomthoughts wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 pm And a "Dan buys my outfits or even a "Phil buys my outfits" would be amazing, 99% of the time I just don't get Dan's fashion sense, but it would be so interesting.
whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 am I would definitely die if deppy ever did 'Dan dresses Phil' or one of the 'My Boyfriend ___' videos :blush: :blush: I'll keep dreaming :lol:
I'm pretty sure this is either a fever dream that all of us are having and we're soon gonna wake up and face reality, where Phil still has his 2012 banner, does that :o face on every photo of him, is only doing videos where he talks about his future wife, has undercut and never wears black. OR they actually lurk here, 110% confirmed, and I will never get that out of my head
riperoni
smol bean

Ive thought that deppy reads idb for quite a few months after seeing the danthony twin collab. This was a few weeks after there was that big ten page idb discussion of teeth/dentistry and how it differs in america vs the uk specifically.

I remember in the collab at 3:35 dan says "I have good teeth for a British person."

SOOOOO i have my suspicions

Id assume theyve probably visited this site at least once or twice??? Its not as if its difficult to find or hidden at all...
Loafer
sofa crease

Ok the "boyfriend/viewers buys my clothes" is amazing and I'm so excited. I really hope dan picks a variety of styles (and limits the punk/pastel ones bc they already did that). basically I would like to see Phil in one of the Try Guys outfits from their recent video where they got style makeovers from highschool girls. They were all out there but super fun so PLEASE.

I'm guessing they will emphasize that these were outfits the viewers wanted Phil to wear, Dans just the messenger, but maybe Dan will share why he picked the outfits he did. I'm thinking Dan will consider entertainment value as a priority over what will actually look good? If he just gets Phil mostly nice outfits, it will def seen more "boyfriend picked my outfits" rather than "viewers picked my outfits" and I do think he's going for the second approach. (This seems like such a downer I'm sorry. Maybe they will be like wow our viewers have such great taste! And then have mostly nice outfits)

Also, assuming he gets some good outfits out of this, a new style could signal an AP persona shift...hmm...
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm Other youtubers that have submitted ideas for #clothesforphil:
i s2g nathans merch is the best in the bloody business and without a single problematic use of language
rainydays
sofa crease

The video was fun and kinda sweet? I actually don't mind them uploading a low-effort video once in a while, I still enjoy it. And I like that they sometimes listen to their subscribers for video ideas, it's nice that they seem to be especially aware of their fanbase as of late and trying to involve their viewers in their videos in some way (featuring their favorite comments from gaming livestreams, phil letting people pick his outfits, even dan's tour of the gaming room in his liveshow a few weeks ago seems to be a part of this trend). The gaming channel is super close to 3M, so it makes sense that they're trying to promote it more. I wonder if they will do something fun when they actually reach 3 millions though... like the ultimate phanservice, playing board games or doing some sort of challenge/game that actually forces them to move or go outside (playing DDR while doing shots honestly sounds catastrophically great, please dan and phil consider).

And yeah I definitely think it's likely that dan and phil lurk here. I mean, they seem like the type, and finding this place is not really difficult (if even emma blackery got here somehow, I'd guess dan and phil did too)

lol I also tried the reverse akinator game and I legit got a Black Smurf lmao wut
twix
butt chair

riperoni wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 pm Ive thought that deppy reads idb for quite a few months after seeing the danthony twin collab. This was a few weeks after there was that big ten page idb discussion of teeth/dentistry and how it differs in america vs the uk specifically.

I remember in the collab at 3:35 dan says "I have good teeth for a British person."
While the video was uploaded (7 July) after the infamous teeth discussion (30 June - 2 July), it was actually filmed before the discussion, during vidcon (21-25 June).

of course, the editing could have happened closer to the upload date, meaning anthony is the lurker.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Hoping Dan does something with Phil's hair as well as the clothes.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

All I got out of that video was the realization that Phil regularly touches Dan on camera now and that he's comfortable with it. And that he's gonna do it as often as he can now, because Phil is touchy-feely and he's ok with letting us see that part of him again.

So, yeah, it was 11 minutes of fail, but I'm not sad. :shrug:
malday
emo goose

How interesting that :omgsomuch:bomb comes back in the middle of this lurking discussion. :illuminati:

But seriously, not to ruin the fun, but after Jenna (and Shane) did the boyfriend picks my outfit challenge i think people on tumblr and twitter also expressed the desire to see d&p do it, and they're more likely to see it there than anywhere else.
woottootfruitboot
placenta

So I know not everyone here's a big fan of Shane Dawson but... he just paid a rapper on Fiverr to create a rap about :deppy: , and it's so good!
At 11:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoDrMsdmJ0c
karma_yeah
philussy

I actually enjoyed the anti-akinator video. Not the game play itself, but I enjoyed the bants and their interactions, because really, I'm just :garbage: ! I'm looking forward to reading everyone's time stamps! :D

And if they do lurk, I think it's a smart move on their part. I think the IDB community is highly dedicated and also generally mature and sane in it's feedback and ideas. Kind of like their own personal focus group. They could definitely do worse than perusing our opinions!
What goes around, comes around Image
alch
ar·tic·u·late

karma_yeah wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:53 pm And if they do lurk, I think it's a smart move on their part. I think the IDB community is highly dedicated and also generally mature and sane in it's feedback and ideas. Kind of like their own personal focus group. They could definitely do worse than perusing our opinions!
Yeah, if you're looking for what your fans think of your content, IDB is probably the best place to look. It's a forum site, so there's only really one main discussion going on at once, and it's small, so there can actually be a discussion where people respond to each other. Also the fact that Instagram and Twitter don't quite have enough space to put fleshed-out opinions.

And IDB isn't as corrupt as ... other forums.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

alch wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 am
karma_yeah wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:53 pm And if they do lurk, I think it's a smart move on their part. I think the IDB community is highly dedicated and also generally mature and sane in it's feedback and ideas. Kind of like their own personal focus group. They could definitely do worse than perusing our opinions!
Yeah, if you're looking for what your fans think of your content, IDB is probably the best place to look. It's a forum site, so there's only really one main discussion going on at once, and it's small, so there can actually be a discussion where people respond to each other. Also the fact that Instagram and Twitter don't quite have enough space to put fleshed-out opinions.

And IDB isn't as corrupt as ... other forums.
Have to echo this sentiment. I guess it's called in depth bants for a reason. Harrrr har. :philtrash:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

…I’m gone for less than 24 hours and come back to all of this? :shock: Okay, let’s do this (I had so much I wanted to say I literally started taking notes :lol:) it’s gonna be long, get the popcorn :corn:
Loafer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 pm Ok the "boyfriend/viewers buys my clothes" is amazing and I'm so excited. I really hope dan picks a variety of styles (and limits the punk/pastel ones bc they already did that). basically I would like to see Phil in one of the Try Guys outfits from their recent video where they got style makeovers from highschool girls. They were all out there but super fun so PLEASE.
Also, assuming he gets some good outfits out of this, a new style could signal an AP persona shift...hmm...
:yippee: I mean how did this even become real?? I literally choked on my coffee, wasn’t this just a fantasy like two days ago? Jesus Christ I’ll take it :stan: this more than absolves you for the lack of a vacation selfie.

BUT- danny boy you better take this somewhat seriously, you hear?? I know you gotta save for that Forever Home :foreverhome: but maybe just one haute couture piece for me? :pls: And you absolutely need to show the buying process, I've been dying for a deeper look into Dan's fashion sense for years. I loved the Try Guys video, but it doesn’t have to be that crazy- I’m loving all the Twitter suggestions, any of those might actually kill me if I saw them on Phil Lester’s actual living body :lol: If he started dressing like that full time… :faint:
rizzo wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29 pm All I got out of that video was the realization that Phil regularly touches Dan on camera now and that he's comfortable with it. And that he's gonna do it as often as he can now, because Phil is touchy-feely and he's ok with letting us see that part of him again.
So, yeah, it was 11 minutes of fail, but I'm not sad. :shrug:
Basically exactly how I felt- I liked it, but I like literally everything they do. Probably won’t rewatch but the idea was cute and the casual touching was great. It was nice seeing the OMFG shirt again, what a throwback (Oh, and nice try Phil- not a ging my left elbow :lol: but at least you admitted the jet black’s not natural)
woottootfruitboot wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 pm So I know not everyone here's a big fan of Shane Dawson but... he just paid a rapper on Fiverr to create a rap about :deppy: and it's so good!
I was going to mention this but you beat me to it! I actually thought this was a lot better than how he’s used them in the past- funny, etc. Still not sure how I feel about him using them so much for views though (they were literally in the thumbnail :sideeye: I won't dwell on it though since we've been down this path before...

So much has happened I’m still reeling, super happy you would not believe it. :valentine: So much lovely content, I mean this is literally how you kill someone from happiness :lilheart: If this is the Phil rebrand (fanservice, acknowledging his age and real hair color) than I’m okay with it :bigthumbsup:

ALSO- if there’s even a .0001% chance deppy lurks… thanks for cheering me up every day, inspiring to follow my dreams just a bit, and also find friendship and adventure everywhere :love2: (Oh and ditch Fabrice, no rush)
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i liked the reverse akinator video! it was a bit short and didnt work out the way i wanted it to but i still found it cute and found their conversations with each other cute c:
:transheart:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

The video was a bit of a fail but the interaction was still pretty cute and I liked that jumpcut right after reading the red hair question.

Re/ the possibility of lurking: I like to think they are lurking cause it makes things more thrilling and would also explain some coincidences. But I also like to think that they are not lurking cause it would terrify me and I'd never make a comment again (remember dickscourse?). Additionally, if there were ever proof that they lurked, the forum would quickly be overrun by people trying to get in touch and I don't like the idea of that. So, Schrodinger's cherry. They are lurking and not lurking at the same time and I keep my peace of mind.

Dan or not, I like cherrybomb3 for saying the most random things and then disappearing again for weeks :D
smol beans
squish

i would cry if they did a "dan and phil swaps clothes" type of video.
as much as i was excited to see that tweet suggesting the internet sends in outfit ideas to phil and dan choosing them, i want to see clothes we can all recognize from their own closets! [ :number1: ] it probably would just be dan wearing most of graphic tees from phil's closet and phil being drowned in dan's shrek sized jumpers lol... but still!

like when dan and anthony swapped each others clothes for the "stop saying we look alike" video; rather than anthony picking something black and dan wearing a random light colored tee, i liked that they just switched what they were currently wearing.
*also cue to PINOF 6 when they did this when they got asked to imitate each other's first videos*
i loved they did that! :love2:
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
sparkle
blobfish

I really liked the gaming video, it was a bit crap, a bit of a flop, but something about it just made me :love1: also I did reverse Akinator on myself and got Scooby Doo :facepalm2:

also they said they'd play viewer suggestions, all I now want is for them to play Spy Party after they played Overcooked :stan: or have them play Stanley Parable or something?

I'm still SO FUCKING HYPED for the clothes video. I'm hoping Dan will be in the video too, and i'm really hoping that its a long one (or that we get a 'directors cut' on LAP because :garbage: sign me up for 40 minutes of Dan talking about fashion) and that Dan will throw in some of his more 'iconic' clothing items too. I need to see Phil wearing the stripy jumper. Give the people what they want and all that.

Though I do have a trashy phan-theory because of course I do :rofl:
Like this video will go up next week because its Phil's schedule and Dimple needs to pick stuff and it needs time to arrive, which is the week before October (and Sunday is October obviously). That week in March that was super stressful? 'five months' and 'another two months' = October. Maybe they're related somehow? Like this is a couples tag - Philly Cheesesteak knows this, we all know this. So MAYBE he's getting us all to think this is viewer involvement and in reality he's going to call it 'boyfriend chooses my outfits' and this is related to them deciding to announce their relationship and be more open in March? Or it could be them hinting at another move because how the fuck is Phil supposed to film in that shoebox? Basically I'm a little bit :illuminati: at this video because the timing AND the content is suspicious.

On the last note, i'm interested to see where he's going to film it. There is absolutely no way that he can comfortably film it in his room without it being super awkward. I'm expecting it to be in the moon room tbh or maybe the gaming room? Both of those we've seen and seen that they have a lot of space. Calling it now that nothing beyond the introduction will be on the bed.

I want with all my heart this to be called 'boyfriend picks my outfits' and it being filmed in the moon room and this is how they undeniably announce their relationship but its never explicitly mentioned again. And when asked about 'that week in march' on his 3/10 live show, Dans just like 'did you not see Phil's last video?". I'd say it will never happen but I never thought Phil would make a video like this so never say never :lol:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I saw it posted about in here but I wasn't aware that Shane was actually selling the song. I mean, it's good that the money goes to the person who made it and not him, but that Shane okayed (or orchestrated?) it being on iTunes still seems so attention grabby and sketchy to me, considering his recent history with the ways that he's brought up Dan and Phil.
autumnhearth
senpai

I wasn't able to watch the video until late last night after which point I had drooled over all the gifs. I just really like Phil in that shirt. The OMFG and NYC tees are two of my favorites and definite exceptions to the Phil shouldn't wear white/light clothes rule. The B&W aesthetic just really works on him, with his milk/pale ivory skin and dyed black hair. Contrast is good.

Unpopular opinion: I think there is a strong possibility that they didn't get the idea for Phil's next video from lurking here. We seem to agree that yesterday's gaming video was filmed before vacation, right? And Dan made a point to talk about the age of Phil's shirt. Also in a liveshow not too long ago Phil was talking about needing some new fall fashion. He said he didn't want to do a lookbook, but might do something (maybe in a liveshow?). I'm pretty sure he implied sharing or some sense of subscriber involvement. (Which I think is brilliant btw). So it seems he's been thinking about it for awhile and just happened to be on the same wavelength as lurker (which still, kudos to them). I could be wrong though.

Not too much new to say about the gaming vid itself. It was a cute idea and it was nice that they gave it a try. I tried it out before watching and could see the pitfalls of it, though I got some firebird Pokémon. They were cute. I love assertive Phil and the poking. The gifs looked good on my blog. How very superficial of me.

Looking forward to Phil's livestream today. I expect very little about their vacation, just relaxing and a mention of his colouring book creature, maybe a nod to the Tom Daley tweet (I didn't expect Dan to address it honestly), a giggle and tiny acknowledgement when someone brings up his behavior in the Sonic vid, but mostly just gloss over it, talk about other gaming vids, livestreaming, the chilly weather/season, Make a Wish and the promotion of #ClothesForPhil

sparkle I love you dearly, but I disagree that this upcoming AP will intentionally reveal anything about their relationship, sleeping arrangements or hint at moving (but we will still read into all of it). I too had thoughts of it taking place in the moon room (please not the gaming room) but I think they will try their darndest and make it work in the AP room. Maybe we'll get a good look at the closet and corners. I just want Phil to start getting undressed behind Dan and then for him to move out of shot a la Pastel Edits, which I know will be trickier in the tighter quarters. No, actually I'm really looking forward to the fashion and the lols. I hope it is at least half good choices, with at least one totally outrageous gag at the end.
smol beans
squish

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I saw it posted about in here but I wasn't aware that Shane was actually selling the song. I mean, it's good that the money goes to the person who made it and not him, but that Shane okayed (or orchestrated?) it being on iTunes still seems so attention grabby and sketchy to me, considering his recent history with the ways that he's brought up Dan and Phil.
ya this is what i mentioned the other day about wondering how you guys feel about when people comment on shane's videos to urge him to collab with dan and phil.
am i the only one that thinks, "yeah right, they would never", although (low key) at point i did want them to.
i love shane and have been watching him much longer than dan and phil but i don't like his conspiracy theories on them.
now that shane mentions them so often, i get a feeling that maybe he feels bad for "exploiting" them so this is his way of promoting how much he likes them and "means no harm". idk it just makes me wonder how dan feels about it since he too has watched shane as a viewer in the past.
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 pm Looking forward to Phil's livestream today. I expect very little about their vacation, just relaxing and a mention of his colouring book creature, maybe a nod to the Tom Daley tweet (I didn't expect Dan to address it honestly), a giggle and tiny acknowledgement when someone brings up his behavior in the Sonic vid, but mostly just gloss over it, talk about other gaming vids, livestreaming, the chilly weather/season, Make a Wish and the promotion of #ClothesForPhil
Didn't Dan say there would be another gaming stream this week? I wouldn't be surprised if Phil cancelled because of that; feel like it's already pretty rare that they both do a LS in one week, but three in total?