Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:37 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 pm wtf...those dudes are silent for a day and then all of a sudden they're in Spain ?
And Phil in his liveshow telling us that there were no more holidays ahead.... :sideeye:
That said, this looks very interesting and I hope we get to see them in vlogs and on pannels ! Maybe a DITL ? (please)
He did say they were going on a youtube related excursion, though! So I'm guessing this is what he was talking about there.

I really hope there are lots of daily vlogger types there. Louise's brief bit of them as made me thirsty for that kind of content.
Yes that's true! I guess for me "excursion" sounded more like roadtrip to the english countryside, not actually flying to Spain haha

And same, that bit was only like 2 minutes long but it almost had more 'content' than some gaming videos and yeah it's weirdly nice to seem them actually moving around and standing up lmao (and them looking all coupley when interacting with someone else in vlogs is always welcome :ribena: )

@ Dan stop teasing, now I'm dreaming of a DITL complete with getting drunk on sangria and trying out flamenco classes(gone wrong)
Internet Homo
smol bean

I know this would never happen in a million years but I would sell my soul for them to vlog properly (that Louise content made me thirsty for more)
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

My hopes for a DITL are revived! Can't believe that their idea of an "excursion" is a flight to a different country but alright :lol: I've always wanted to go to Spain so maybe I'll go there vicariously instead :love2: still lowkey hoping for a DITL moving day though, plus it would align well with 'that week in March' which I NEED resolution on. basically just DITL anything, please boys!! or a nice vlog, that would be lovely too :lilheart:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Ticia wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 pm
grenadine wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:17 pm
Ole

What a masterpiece. 10/10.
*insert 10 dancing woman in a red dress emoji here*

I'm also prepared to sell my soul for a DITL but of course my expectations are set in the negatives. :shrug: I'm craving new contenttttt! I'll take anything at this point lmao
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Those flip-flops are hideous, but Dan's tweet made me laugh. Yoga reminds me of his koala pose in the Australian DITL. Upside-down Dan was cute.

I've got The Power of Now, it's a good book. Hard to shut up the ego in your mind, but quiet and calm if you can.
liola
rankussy

So since they have youtube stuff tomorrow, do we think Dan is gonna trade his liveshow for a new video? I wish it was already time for Phil's video, I honestly cannot wait.

I'm keeping my hopes for a DITL in Spain at ground level but..I can feel them getting stronger..
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm surprised they're still able to hop off to Spain without people catching them in the airport or something.

I would want a DITL right now, but I feel like they're mostly just going to be doing business and conference stuff and not really enough personal activities to vlog about.
liola wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm So since they have youtube stuff tomorrow, do we think Dan is gonna trade his liveshow for a new video?
I would really hope we get a Dan video, but he's probably just going to cancel. It doesn't seem to have been long enough since his last video for him to have a new one.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm definitely feeling a Dan video or nothing tomorrow - when was the last time either of them had a live show not from home? Has it ever happened? :hmmm:

Also, @nihilist-toothpaste and anyone else who worked on uncovering bookshelf content - I commend you and thank you, so interesting! The only book that struck me as super odd was The Daemon - I mean the idea that all aware beings have "not one but two separate consciousnesses - the everyday consciousness and the one of The Daemon, a higher being that seems to process knowledge of future events" seems really out there, to me.
:lion: :prideflag:
howadorableright
sad dimple

liola wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm I'm keeping my hopes for a DITL in Spain at ground level but..I can feel them getting stronger..
I'm mad at everyone who entertained this idea and stuck it in my head :lol:
back back back back again
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dailybooth wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm I'm definitely feeling a Dan video or nothing tomorrow - when was the last time either of them had a live show not from home? Has it ever happened? :hmmm:
They did one during tour last year... beyond that... man, idk. Bryony's back when they first moved to London? lmao
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm
dailybooth wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm I'm definitely feeling a Dan video or nothing tomorrow - when was the last time either of them had a live show not from home? Has it ever happened? :hmmm:
They did one during tour last year... beyond that... man, idk. Bryony's back when they first moved to London? lmao
A random London hotel room when they were flat hunting, Ian's place and Vegas. All in 2012, so a long ass time ago :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:42 pm
A random London hotel room when they were flat hunting, Ian's place and Vegas. All in 2012, so a long ass time ago :')
Maybe Dan needs to plan an afternoon (Madrid time) liveshow to get out of that flamenco class.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:51 pm
Maybe Dan needs to plan an afternoon (Madrid time) liveshow to get out of that flamenco class.
"WHERE'S PHIL??" the viewer demands.
"Shaking his Shakira hips at a Flamenco class!" he says, actually having a legit answer this time.
"He wanted me to go too, but I'd rather spend time with u guys < 333"
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Catallena wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:51 pm
"WHERE'S PHIL??" the viewer demands.
"Shaking his Shakira hips at a Flamenco class!" he says, actually having a legit answer this time.
"He wanted me to go too, but I'd rather spend time with u guys < 333"
That genuinely made me laugh (again enhanced by your avatar). But yeah, that was back when they were trying to build up a dedicated following. I think it's possible we could get gaming vids on Tues and Thurs. Or perhaps just Dil on Wednesday and something on the weekend.

:ribena: Cheers to everyone on the bookshelf and board games! That's some wholesome detective work. :sherlock: <3
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

[Offtopic]I fell into the pit that is Dan and Phil BBC Radio 1 shows & I can't get over how absolutely adorable they were on those shows. Some of their comments made me shake my head, some of them made me go aww, some made me back up and listen again because I couldn't believe what they had just said & some actually made me smack my forehead.
That is the kind of interaction that I wanna see between them, we get it in the gaming videos to a certain extent but it's still a little put on or edited for the sake of the video. I want natural, banter, the feeding off each other in silly moments, not caring where the conversation goes, the little screw ups that happened, the almost behind the scenes feeling that those shows gave.

I've come to the conclusion that I would absolutely love a podcast from them - let them be themselves, speak on topics that they wouldn't talk about on their live streams or in a video, no interruption from the dreaded waterfall of comments.

I know that Dan likes to be in control when it comes to how things look, come off, sound, are written and edited but in this case, I would want him to just go with it, unadulterated & uncensored , let loose and go on tangents, have his little rants, throw a tantrum if need be. Not the typical LS conversations like - what is your playlist right now? what about that tweet? what about that video? That is the content that is just filling a time slot. I want topics with substance, opinions and honesty.

With Phil, I want him to show the side of himself that isn't rated PG because he is just speaking from the heart and not censoring himself, I don't need Phil to swear or whatever but I want 30 year old Phil to talk about things that bother him, things that matter to him, topics that really make him think, you know, all the things that Phil tends to stray away from in his videos or LS.

I feel that they both are very intelligent men that have a lot to say yet don't say any of it because of their online personas.
No censorship, no worrying about projecting that wholesome image in a video and no BS answers to pacify their audience, I want the ugly truth, I want them to get down to the nitty gritty and I want them to talk about things that they are passionate about other than YouTube.

I know, I'm not asking for much am I? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy their main channel videos (most of the time), I enjoy their gaming videos (most of the time) and I enjoy their live streams (usually every time because I just like listening to them speak without being crazy animated and reacting to a game or whatever). I just feel that a podcast would be less pressure to be Daniel Howell & Phil Lester from YouTube and just be Dan and Phil, guys with real thoughts, real opinions and real conversations about real things that aren't surface topics.

Anyways, again, sorry for the long post[/Offtopic]
lurkin
squish
Pronouns: they/them

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 am [Offtopic]I fell into the pit that is Dan and Phil BBC Radio 1 shows & I can't get over how absolutely adorable they were on those shows. Some of their comments made me shake my head, some of them made me go aww, some made me back up and listen again because I couldn't believe what they had just said & some actually made me smack my forehead.
That is the kind of interaction that I wanna see between them, we get it in the gaming videos to a certain extent but it's still a little put on or edited for the sake of the video. I want natural, banter, the feeding off each other in silly moments, not caring where the conversation goes, the little screw ups that happened, the almost behind the scenes feeling that those shows gave.

I've come to the conclusion that I would absolutely love a podcast from them - let them be themselves, speak on topics that they wouldn't talk about on their live streams or in a video, no interruption from the dreaded waterfall of comments.
I know that Dan likes to be in control when it comes to how things look, come off, sound, are written and edited but in this case, I would want him to just go with it, unadulterated & uncensored , let loose and go on tangents, have his little rants, throw a tantrum if need be. Not the typical LS conversations like - what is your playlist right now? what about that tweet? what about that video? That is the content that is just filling a time slot. I want topics with substance, opinions and honesty.

With Phil, I want him to show the side of himself that isn't rated PG because he is just speaking from the heart and not censoring himself, I don't need Phil to swear or whatever but I want 30 year old Phil to talk about things that bother him, things that matter to him, topics that really make him think, you know, all the things that Phil tends to stray away from in his videos or LS.

I feel that they both are very intelligent men that have a lot to say yet don't say any of it because of their online personas.
No censorship, no worrying about projecting that wholesome image in a video and no BS answers to pacify their audience, I want the ugly truth, I want them to get down to the nitty gritty and I want them to talk about things that they are passionate about other than YouTube.

I know, I'm not asking for much am I? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy their main channel videos (most of the time), I enjoy their gaming videos (most of the time) and I enjoy their live streams (usually every time because I just like listening to them speak without being crazy animated and reacting to a game or whatever). I just feel that a podcast would be less pressure to be Daniel Howell & Phil Lester from YouTube and just be Dan and Phil, guys with real thoughts, real opinions and real conversations about real things that aren't surface topics.[/Hide]

Anyways, again, sorry for the long post[/Offtopic]

I completely agree. I feel like a lot of the times in their collabs and gaming videos, save for a few moments. The gaming livestreams are closer to the kind of content I want. Their banter is really moderated and filtered in everything else. It's not like it seems forced or anything, just definitely edited because they know it's gonna be under a lot of scrutiny. I feel like it makes a lot of their content dry, especially for the older audience like many of us here who have seen and experienced first hand their more unfiltered interactions with each other. They're definitely pressured to be "on brand" all the time, and it really sacrifices some quality of the content.

I honestly think a podcast would be a great idea. It could take some derived elements from the radio show and SAP (obviously not the same exact things, but the same dynamic and creativity) and make an hour or so of it. Just as I grew older and continued to watch their content I wanted them to grow up and develop it in the same direction. But it's not really a great idea considering their main demographic, but I honestly just want to hear them talk and discuss and have a good, unfiltered time. I'm a hair away from 20 now, and bottom line is that I don't enjoy watching videos from personalities I love aimed at kids who are the same age as I was when I started watching Dan and Phil (hoo boy 14). And I also realize more and more that as D&P age, content aimed towards 14-year-olds seems more and more...disingenuous. I don't want the "brand". I just wanna listen to their minds work for an hour instead of having to do what feels like psychoanalysis on each processed video to get to who I feel like Dan and Phil even moderately are instead who they want us to think they are.

now watch that be what dan's "big announcement" from march is about lmao
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yes to both of you :thumb: That would be amazing.
malday
emo goose

susan2
rainbow nerd

i kinda want dan to set up for a liveshow as normal tonight, but then when the screen goes live it's anthony sitting there instead of dan.

the first 5 minutes is anthony wearing dan's sweater and completely pretending he's dan - re-capping the recent gaming video, his spotify playlist, and poking fun with generic persona bants like how his jumper is black like his soul and telling us how he's in madrid but hasn't gone outside etc - then dan bursts in, and we get a lovely danthony liveshow for the remainder of the time (whilst phil's busy at his flamenco class of course).

...but lbr, expecting no show tonight.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

susan2 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 am i kinda want dan to set up for a liveshow as normal tonight, but then when the screen goes live it's anthony sitting there instead of dan.

the first 5 minutes is anthony wearing dan's sweater and completely pretending he's dan - re-capping the recent gaming video, his spotify playlist, and poking fun with generic persona bants like how his jumper is black like his soul and telling us how he's in madrid but hasn't gone outside etc - then dan bursts in, and we get a lovely danthony liveshow for the remainder of the time (whilst phil's busy at his flamenco class of course).

:rofl:

Or just 10 minutes of only Anthony rambling on about the inevitability of death and then Phil comes in and they continue on together as if everything's normal.
susan2
rainbow nerd

citizen_erased wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am
susan2 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 am i kinda want dan to set up for a liveshow as normal tonight, but then when the screen goes live it's anthony sitting there instead of dan.

:rofl:

Or just 10 minutes of only Anthony rambling on about the inevitability of death and then Phil comes in and they continue on together as if everything's normal.
even better :lol:
and as the chat fills with "where's dan?" they completely :haru: him on his own show...love it!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Is one video clip of Dan following Phil across the room really all we've gotten so far today? This is torturous. On a normal day I can understand that they're just at home doing boring home things, but right now they're surrounded by people with cameras and look I know it's bad to use Dan and Phil for views and etc etc but come on someone point a camera at them please.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm Is one video clip of Dan following Phil across the room really all we've gotten so far today? This is torturous. On a normal day I can understand that they're just at home doing boring home things, but right now they're surrounded by people with cameras and look I know it's bad to use Dan and Phil for views and etc etc but come on someone point a camera at them please.
Agreed. The only thing I've found is this picture of Phil from the youtube instagram story...I'm assuming D&P are sharing one picture instead of having individual ones if it's a drawing from pinof?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
liola
rankussy

"Where in the world is Deppy" should be a worldwide hashtag. I mean, we know where they are but...WHERE ARE THEY. What are they doing. Why are they camera shy. Do they even exhist outside their videos, are they real, sometimes it's hard to believe it.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ewok
rainbow nerd

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:02 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm Is one video clip of Dan following Phil across the room really all we've gotten so far today? This is torturous. On a normal day I can understand that they're just at home doing boring home things, but right now they're surrounded by people with cameras and look I know it's bad to use Dan and Phil for views and etc etc but come on someone point a camera at them please.
Agreed. The only thing I've found is this picture of Phil from the youtube instagram story...I'm assuming D&P are sharing one picture instead of having individual ones if it's a drawing from pinof?
I can't be bothered to attach a photo as I'm running off to work right now but I saw only an "AmazingPhil" square drawing. This was on the #creatorsummit IG story. I was looking for one of Dan but either there wasn't one or nobody was uploading anything about it. Where the heck are they? How has there not been more sightings of them? Interesting that they're able to lay so low at these sorts of events full of cameras haha
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««