Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
asnazzyphil
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

The drawing bit at the end was quite cute but other than that...the rest of the video was a bit meh.
I really wish they would play some proper games instead of apps like this (even though I don't really like gaming that much), so that we could get some more insight into their actual opinions and what they personally like in a game
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I only watched half of the gameplay and then skipped to the drawing game at the end. I don't like mobile games for their revenue system (pay to win), and I think they are incredibly boring and repetitive to watch. Even with cute cats and DnP banter.
archived wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm I really haven't been enjoying the gaming channel recently. I'm still not sure why they don't just play some actual games? Like I get that some people enjoy watching them play those games but they always play the same games over and over. Like Battle Cats is a very generic game, I've seen lots of variations of it. The novelty of these games has definitely worn off.
I think it was Dan who said it in a LS - they are trying to target the gaming channel towards their general audience, which is why he suggested "Even if you don't like games, check it out!" (paraphrased). I wish they played more actual games that required some brainwork and skill, or had some great lore and storytelling, and not just some silly flash games. I can see where they are coming from with their strategy, but as a selfish person, I wish they took a different approach.
imruined
banned

archived wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm I really haven't been enjoying the gaming channel recently. I'm still not sure why they don't just play some actual games? Like I get that some people enjoy watching them play those games but they always play the same games over and over. Like Battle Cats is a very generic game, I've seen lots of variations of it. The novelty of these games has definitely worn off.
Hi! I've been a lurker for a while and finally made an account, although I wish I had made one when I was enjoying the content a bit more as I'm not that thrilled with it at the moment. I agree with archived's post. That video left me...disappointed. It doesn't bother me that they do spons and random lazy games every so often, but I don't feel that they are giving enough really good content in between those types of videos to keep me excited, which is more disappointing than anything because I know they are capable of so much more and have done more in the past. Does anyone watch any other gaming channels that are like this? I am not very familiar with many gaming channels, but people like Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye upload so frequently that I don't think either would make a good comparison.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Anyway, someone explain to me how this game gets away with that Hatsune Miku ripoff design..
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lurkin
squish
Pronouns: they/them

I just wish their gaming content was more banty and dynamic, really. Or for them to play more games with good storylines, so they can kind of feed off that. A girl can only handle so much golf with friends 8-) .

unpopular opinion: i still do enjoy the sims a lot tbh
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

imruined wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 pm
Hi! I've been a lurker for a while and finally made an account, although I wish I had made one when I was enjoying the content a bit more as I'm not that thrilled with it at the moment. I agree with archived's post. That video left me...disappointed. It doesn't bother me that they do spons and random lazy games every so often, but I don't feel that they are giving enough really good content in between those types of videos to keep me excited, which is more disappointing than anything because I know they are capable of so much more and have done more in the past. Does anyone watch any other gaming channels that are like this? I am not very familiar with many gaming channels, but people like Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye upload so frequently that I don't think either would make a good comparison.
I think part of the problem is that we're now going on about three weeks where what we've been seeing is pre-filmed content. I can't quite put my finger on what the big difference is, but I just feel a lot more connected when I watch a video that they've filmed within the past few days and then one of them talks about it on the liveshow? With all these prefilmed videos and then no liveshows following the videos end up just kind of existing without much acknowledgement from them, and in turn not that much acknowledgement from us.

The live streaming does actually kind of help but it's not regular enough that it fits into any kind of routine in my head just yet. (And as I type this I am actually realizing that maybe they did the livestreaming because it requires no editing and they only had so many games to cover their trip with wirrony and now Spain.)

I'll still take this over two gaming videos a month though. I don't care how special and how much of an event them posting a gaming video last summer was, or how nostalgic people remember it or how many views it got, that little content sucked. Give me 2-3 videos a week on a consistent basis and I'll overlook a lot.
annabanana
sofa crease

A+ Caspar :lol: :lol:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:09 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm So, uh, have we found out yet why they are there? If they are filming YT Rewind, shouldn't the rest of the UK peeps also be there? Or might they not have time when the filming crew is in the UK and therefore joined this event? I don't follow a lot of other youtubers but from what I've seen, there aren't a lot of big names there (?)

So many questions, so little time, plus one or two unasked....
I'm guessing it's because they missed the New York one earlier this year? Anthony is there, and Caspar and Joe, so maybe youtubers are now just given the option to attend whatever summit wherever in the world fits their schedule best? It is interesting though.
I see... I am terribly unaware of the youtube scene :lol: Hope something more than being in the background of random vlogs comes of the event attendance!
(afaik) creator summits have always been like that, you choose which ones you go to. im not sure how it works with the biggest ytrs tho, there are subscriber limits, didnt check but this one might be a "lower level" event. and as deppy are on the "highest level", they technically shouldnt be able to go, but yt sometimes sends invites based on consideration, so it could be that they were invited bc they werent in ny, or they are big enough to break yt's rules. so as dizzy said, this is just an ordinary creator summit :D haven't heard of people attending other countries events before tho (except the usa ones, but i mean apart from the english speaking world), does anyone know if this is held for english-speaking creators, or is it primarily for spanish ones? or both?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Is that a roller rink? People seem to be gliding by.

That game was awful, but the drawing part was fun. I had a simple idea so did a quick sketch and sent it in. I'm curious to see what more elaborate designs people come up with. I hope these crap little games are rare, though, it wasn't even cute. They were at least, I watched them instead.
liola
rankussy

annabanana wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:43 pm A+ Caspar :lol: :lol:
I need a close up pic of their outfit, what are those jackets??? <3 They look super cute? I don't really follow Caspar but I love this exposure. :love1:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
asnazzyphil
tol bean

I don't know how I feel about this... On one hand I am desperate for any kind of glimpse of deppy, on the other it feels a bit weird for Caspar to be creepshotting them :shrug:

Im loving Dans jacket though! Have we ever seen that before?
SneakyLizard
butt chair

I kinda liked that video -- not the game so much, but Phil especially just struck me as relaxed and happy, and they both look great. I usually watch them instead of the gameplay anyway, so it's not a new thing for me. It was a cute spin to include the drawing thing, that elevated the whole video quite a bit, to me at least.

Very interested to see if this little "excursion" does bring us some good side channel footage, it's a great opportunity for that!
we walk among you
autumnhearth
senpai

confusedpanda wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm Looks like it wasn't a vlog, but a cute video on YouTube's ig! I'll take it anyways! Love the three of them so much! <3
Aww whisking matcha!

Lol at Caspar's clip. Put on some skates boys! I'm really curious about what shirts/jackets they are wearing. It's hard tell with that lighting.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay I need a full color pic of this right now.
vortexofphan
drama llama

asnazzyphil wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 pm
I don't know how I feel about this... On one hand I am desperate for any kind of glimpse of deppy, on the other it feels a bit weird for Caspar to be creepshotting them :shrug:

Im loving Dans jacket though! Have we ever seen that before?
That's pretty funny. A couple of years ago? Dan and Caspar had that whole creepshot war, which was hysterical. I'm all for them starting it up again.

Edited to add: Those outfits!The shirts! The glitter faces! I want to see more!
mm_sunny1993
spork

(afaik) creator summits have always been like that, you choose which ones you go to. im not sure how it works with the biggest ytrs tho, there are subscriber limits, didnt check but this one might be a "lower level" event. and as deppy are on the "highest level", they technically shouldnt be able to go, but yt sometimes sends invites based on consideration, so it could be that they were invited bc they werent in ny, or they are big enough to break yt's rules. so as dizzy said, this is just an ordinary creator summit :D haven't heard of people attending other countries events before tho (except the usa ones, but i mean apart from the english speaking world), does anyone know if this is held for english-speaking creators, or is it primarily for spanish ones? or both?
From what i've seen it is quite international. There are a lot english-speaking creators but also spanish and germans ones
Ewok
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 pm Okay I need a full color pic of this right now.
Oh. My. Lord. This 100% makes up for the shitty notmyfavorite spon gaming vid. HOO boy. Phil is so beautiful, it hurts man :happytears:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Ewok wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:10 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 pm Okay I need a full color pic of this right now.
Oh. My. Lord. This 100% makes up for the shitty notmyfavorite spon gaming vid. HOO boy. Phil is so beautiful, it hurts man :happytears:
And they're wearing rollerblades (at least Phil is)! I'm looking forward to stories of horrific 'I fell and accidentally groped a stranger' stories. Also, this is the first picture in a long time where Phil looks taller (I know he's not) and my feels....
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Appa
dank meme

they're skating and i'm shaking
liola
rankussy

I'M DEAD??? The sparkly jacket Dan is wearing? The glitter? Phil's shirt?? PHIL LOOKS SO TALL AND HIS SHOULDERS SO BROAD?? Oh my god I'm speechless. They look so good. SO. GOOD.

Where's a color pic. Where's a video. I never knew I needed a proof of Phil's clumsiness more than I do now that I'm imagining Dan lughing fondly at him not quite good at rollerskating and keeping him up. I'm done. Goodbye :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I thought the cat video was alright, nothing too special and definitely forgettable, but ok while it lasted. (The game looks so weird though, definitely not a thing I would play.) Some fun bants, and an absolutely terrible drawing from Phil which was hilarious.

Re: the 'I'm bored with the gaming channel' discussion: I think it's because I've spent years literally just watching their videos, and ignoring the livestreams and the entire phandom, so I never got that extra sense of community or other people's opinions. So I'm still really enjoying these videos, I'm not at all bored and I'm actually incredibly happy that they've been uploading so much more. Then again I'm usually fairly easy to please. Give me a new Sims video and I'm happy, really.

Now I want to go skating in a roller rink. I live in the middle of nowhere, we don't have a rink. I'd love to go to a fifties themed one :cry:
DatCog
blobfish

Glittery boys!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
moaninglisa
drama llama

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Is that Phil skating while Dan sits on the wall? lmao.