Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm Do they only have one suitcase between them? (Why is that so cute, if it's true?)
2 bros sharing only one suitcase because they're not gay?

No wait it wasn't like that :philtrash:

Also, I'm gonna Dudley Dursley with you: I keep hoping for the final blessing of a selfie of just the two of them. I swear, it doesn't even have to be with glitter on. Just..just one.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Waggle9007 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:10 pm This is adorable! But it also made me realise that as things stand, we'll likely never get a picture of Dan being soft with Phil like he is with Caspar in that picture, just because of the phandom reaction, and that makes me sad. Idk I've just had a really bad few weeks, and the content we've been getting from this creator summit has made me feel so much better, but I guess I still like making myself feel sad about things :lol:
I feel you. It is unfortunate. I've thought similar things when watching the phanthony collabs this summer and even their collabs with Caspar (though I didn't personally enjoy those two, they were still touchy feely).

I saw this edit on Tumblr, which would ordinarily make me cringe, but it illustrate the point.

https://japhandreaming.tumblr.com/post/165796806380

The single suitcase has helped restore my couples cuteness quota.

Edit: This ask helps http://nihilist-toothpaste.tumblr.com/p ... -glaringly
rainydays
sofa crease

The same girl also posted the selfie she took with them. I'm afraid this is the closest to a selfie we will get, but if anything for once they are on the same side of the person they're posing with :(
Hal
smol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm Do they only have one suitcase between them? (Why is that so cute, if it's true?)
[Offtopic]I was SO weirded out by that video because the guy standing next to them at the very beginning is a quite famous French youtuber whom I love. My brain had a little break down because D&P and him are not supposed to live in the same reality, you know? I'm not sure I'm making much sense...

Do you guys ever experience things like that as well? Especially for all of us not living in the UK or US, don't you find it weird when you see Deppy next to a youtuber from your country? It's happened before for me, when I was watching some vlog from a random French beauty guru, and suddenly she was at a convention next to TomSka.

Anyway loving all the new content we've been getting these past few days - though I was really bored watching the last gaming video. :shrug: [/Offtopic]
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Hal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm [Offtopic]I was SO weirded out by that video because the guy standing next to them at the very beginning is a quite famous French youtuber whom I love. My brain had a little break down because D&P and him are not supposed to live in the same reality, you know? I'm not sure I'm making much sense...

Do you guys ever experience things like that as well? Especially for all of us not living in the UK or US, don't you find it weird when you see Deppy next to a youtuber from your country? It's happened before for me, when I was watching some vlog from a random French beauty guru, and suddenly she was at a convention next to TomSka.

Anyway loving all the new content we've been getting these past few days - though I was really bored watching the last gaming video. :shrug: [/Offtopic]
(Pssst, this isn't off-topic. :-D )

I was just saying something similar to someone a few days ago! There's a very prominent Russian youtuber (~6 million subscribers) who was in a snap with phanthony and she was freaking out a bit about taking a photo with Anthony. It was just so strange to see and made my brain melt a bit.

Also, just because, it's weird to see someone equally or even MORE popular than our boys get excited/nervous around them? IDK My brain can't compute. :lol:
twix
butt chair

I'm still not over the sudden mass pandemonium of last night.
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm Good morning folks. First of all, brilliant thread name! The only thing I could think of last night was "disco dads" and I didn't want that to be it, so cheers to the pun master twix!
aw, thanks!
(tbh I'm disappointed in myself b/c i couldn't figure out a way to work in a Xanadu reference.)
Hal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm I was SO weirded out by that video because the guy standing next to them at the very beginning is a quite famous French youtuber whom I love. My brain had a little break down because D&P and him are not supposed to live in the same reality, you know? I'm not sure I'm making much sense...

Do you guys ever experience things like that as well?
Yep! I'm subscribed to a number of Spanish vloggers who were at the summit.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I think the fact that we count a bunch of pictures as a lot of content goes to show how little content we normally get
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I only watch a couple of youtubers who speak French and they're French-Canadian and too small to get invited to these kinds of things afaik. :lol: It would be kinda surreal to see them with youtubers like D&P though.

One of them that I watch infrequently is like a Quebecois Tyler Oakley though and I'd love to see the two of them together just because it would be sooo bizarre. :shock:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Hal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm I was SO weirded out by that video because the guy standing next to them at the very beginning is a quite famous French youtuber whom I love. My brain had a little break down because D&P and him are not supposed to live in the same reality, you know? I'm not sure I'm making much sense...
I have yet to find a YouTuber from my own country whom I'd enjoy watching (not for a lack of trying), but I can understand the feeling of two worlds colliding you experienced. Not very long ago I saw George R. R. Martin walking to a tram stop in my hometown, which felt unreal and like it shouldn't have happened because we live on the opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean. I'm not even a fan of him or his work, but it was so weird it still made my day. :lol:

I don't think I've got anything to say about the recent content that hasn't already been said multiple times. I just became so excited last night when all the pictures and videos started coming in that I could hardly go to sleep even though I had to go to uni this morning. In the end, I managed to wake up early enough to go to a morning seminar despite my sleep deprivation, but I might have spent the whole 90 minutes of the seminar on Tumblr...
Ewok
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:10 pm
2 bros sharing only one suitcase because they're not gay?

No wait it wasn't like that :philtrash:

Also, I'm gonna Dudley Dursley with you: I keep hoping for the final blessing of a selfie of just the two of them. I swear, it doesn't even have to be with glitter on. Just..just one.
I just have to say, Dan seems so sweet when meeting subscribers. I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to go up to any YTers, let alone Dip & Pip. (I think I'd be equal parts terrified and not wanting to bother them.) That girl is brave as hell.

I'm also confused about the suitcase?! How in the world can you pack 3 days worth of clothes between two people in that tiny suitcase? I'm a chronic over-packer though so maybe that's just me. :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
imruined
banned

This might be an unpopular theory, but it could be that they had the porter for the hotel bring their luggage to their car, if they are going to the airport, and that is Dan's personal bag/carry-on. It seems about that size and Phil is wearing a backpack. I doubt everything for one person could be fit in just one bag like that, never mind two people.

Edit: Actually it looks like Dan has a backpack too. I feel like there needs to be an explanation because the suitcase is too small, but where is Phil's suitcase?!?!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

imruined wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 pm This might be an unpopular theory, but it could be that they had the porter for the hotel bring their luggage to their car, if they are going to the airport, and that is Dan's personal bag/carry-on. It seems about that size and Phil is wearing a backpack. I doubt everything for one person could be fit in just one bag like that, never mind two people.
I dunno, they were only there for two days - so they'd need, what, three outfits each? And potentially rewore jeans? I think one suitcase that size plus a backpack each would be more than enough!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ewok wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 pm I'm also confused about the suitcase?! How in the world can you pack 3 days worth of clothes between two people in that tiny suitcase? I'm a chronic over-packer though so maybe that's just me. :lol:
One suitcase because they wear their pants, shoes and jacket already and don't need much else. I guess they can't be bothered to travel carry-on only cause then they'd need to fill their shampoo etc. into tiny bottles and I am sure they'd rather check a bag than do that - and they need some extra space for the gifts.

I am secretly hoping for a joint LS tomorrow. Especially when telling stories, I feel like their different styles compliment each other so well and it just makes it so much more exciting to listen to than Phil saying "Oh we went rollerblading and I couldn't get my foot out of the shoe"
imruined
banned

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 pm
imruined wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 pm This might be an unpopular theory, but it could be that they had the porter for the hotel bring their luggage to their car, if they are going to the airport, and that is Dan's personal bag/carry-on. It seems about that size and Phil is wearing a backpack. I doubt everything for one person could be fit in just one bag like that, never mind two people.
I dunno, they were only there for two days - so they'd need, what, three outfits each? And potentially rewore jeans? I think one suitcase that size plus a backpack each would be more than enough!
I didn't notice Dan's backpack when I first wrote the post because - suprise suprise - he's wearing black on black. :lol:
rainydays
sofa crease

Check out this video, dan and phil are in it! Watch the whole thing, there's a cute outtake at the end!

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that's cute especially the end bit. I can't really stomach all that go-getting positive advice, you'd think these people never have bad days.
Ablissa
pastel persona

The Deppy bits from Susan's video are cute, but honestly, the video itself just rubs me the wrong way. She's probably had some underpaid intern write it, find the people to participate and then edit it and did none of the work herself. I love that she's getting so much hate in her comment section.
Appa
dank meme

looks like they forgot to credit phil in the description rip (dan got linked tho)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Get that promo boys.
Ablissa wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm The Deppy bits from Susan's video are cute, but honestly, the video itself just rubs me the wrong way. She's probably had some underpaid intern write it, find the people to participate and then edit it and did none of the work herself. I love that she's getting so much hate in her comment section.
mte, it's a somewhat suspicious attempt at saying "I AM ONE OF YOU!" with the apocalypse scandal going on imo.
Appa wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:24 pm looks like they forgot to credit phil in the description rip (dan got linked tho)
Seems like they added him 'cause his name is there now :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Ablissa wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm The Deppy bits from Susan's video are cute, but honestly, the video itself just rubs me the wrong way. She's probably had some underpaid intern write it, find the people to participate and then edit it and did none of the work herself. I love that she's getting so much hate in her comment section.
Agreed.
And it seems like a lot of people have been thinking the same way, judging by the comments and dislike ratio.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I actually quite liked the video with Susan and what she's trying to do. I definitely don't envy her position. She's in a tough spot and I think, as a PR person, this is exactly what I would have done. But I am in no way surprised by the response.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
drearyquery
drama llama

*psst* both the bag and backpack they're sharing but dan's just fulfilling their caddy lad fantasy :illuminati:
malday
emo goose

Did you really expect her to edit the video herself? Lots of youtubers don't even edit their own videos, let alone the CEO.
People are coming to complain about youtube issues in the comments, like it happens on all official youtube videos, it's understandable.
But why do you think it's a good thing that she gets hate? Especially since she seems to be getting stupid hate for made-up issues too.
Ablissa
pastel persona

malday wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:19 pm
Did you really expect her to edit the video herself? Lots of youtubers don't even edit their own videos, let alone the bloody CEO.
People are coming to complain about youtube issues in the comments, like it happens on all official youtube videos, it's understandable.
But why do you think it's a good thing that she gets hate? Especially since she seems to be getting stupid hate for made-up issues too.
I didn't really expect anything, but the channel is made out to seem like it's hers, when it's really not. Saying that I love her getting hate is a bit of an exaggeration as I don't really care either way, but I see a lot of valid issues being brought up. It's as good a chance as any, she may read these comments at least.

The reason I don't like the whole thing is because it's just a bit fake, reminds me of all the crap I have to do at work, preparing something for the CEO from start to finish and then having to put their name on it so they can claim they did it. I think she'd do better discussing the real challenges that youtubers face than making a video with useless tips that most people don't need.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Watching them cycle through expressions is amusing.