Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

This is one of those photos just ends up puzzling me with the logistics of how it was taken.
freesocks
spork

liola wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 pm
dailybooth wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 pm
rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm - the story about the youtuber from dubai asking phil his whatsapp made me smile, I can picture phil being all awkward and trying to deflect any of the guy's attempts at getting his contact info. But what really surprised me is that phil doesn't have whatsapp? I don't know how it works in other countries, but where I live there's not a soul (at least under like 40, but actually even older) that doesn't have it. Maybe I have a distorted perception, but I swear I've never met anyone who doesn't use it.
Funny, I've had the exact opposite experience. I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone who DOES use it lol
I relate to rainydays obvs bc everyone in Italy uses whatsapp and it's usually extremely used in Europe as the major texting app over texts. However I always thought the UK was a lot like the US and because of phone plans they mostly use iMessage. I wouldn't put it past them to actually not have a WA

Oh Dan and his instagram, he did post
I’m an American who does not use whatsapp. I never really needed it so I never downloaded it. I’m not even sure what the difference is between regular texting. My brother has it though and uses it to talk to friends abroad I think because he lived in Thailand for a while and keeps in touch with his friends from traveling in Asia.
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 pm I will be disappointed if Phil didn't sneak in something about lambing or mpreg.
I don't think Phil will let us down there :lol:
freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm My intention isn’t to offend anyone here as I know people have different things that are more or less important to them, but kid she did say “future wives” or if she talks about her own experience and that involves some traditional gender roles, is it really the end of the world? Sometimes I think there is so much pressure to not say anything that could be deemed problematic that we miss out on hearing different perspectives (even if we disagree) and having valuable conversations come from these opportunities. Also, maybe Dan or Phil might have said one or both of them want a wife one day. How the hell do any of us know? Everything we talk about is speculation. It’s going to be a ten minute video probably and I have enjoyed all of their collabs in the past, so I have high hopes for this one too. I have had some issues with Louise recently, but I really admire her for taking the risk to age up her channel and not worry so much about offending and just trying be be more authentic. I actually liked Dan’s videos when he was more problematic, not because I always thought the jokes were funny, but because he seemed more open and authentic, rather than separating himself and his persona. Ok, end dissertation.
I mean I never said it would be the end of the world, just that I wouldn't find it enjoyable under certain circumstances and I'm only speaking for myself :shrug:
And personally I'm tired of 'traditional' expectations not being questioned, how much perspective is 'missed out on' because people who don't line up with, or want to line up with, those expectations just nod or shrug along because 9 times out of ten doing anything else it ends in some kind of argument. Traditional bullshit (and framing it as normal or ideal) makes ~nontraditional people feel like shit and I'm just tired of it. So hey there's another perspective for the pile.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
goldenmermaid
drama llama

freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm I'll give her slightly more credit than that (making a wives comment lmao), I'm just thinking more general gender role and body ideas she'll perpetuate. And I think Dan was just being coy, not trying to say anything about the collab or when to expect it bc that's just how he rolls. Never commit to anything so nobody can be disappointed.

Edit: and she literally lost the footage of her collab with Phil last year (allegedly..), so it's probably safer not to say something is 100% coming when she still has time to drop the sd card in the toilet or something
My intention isn’t to offend anyone here as I know people have different things that are more or less important to them, but kid she did say “future wives” or if she talks about her own experience and that involves some traditional gender roles, is it really the end of the world? Sometimes I think there is so much pressure to not say anything that could be deemed problematic that we miss out on hearing different perspectives (even if we disagree) and having valuable conversations come from these opportunities. Also, maybe Dan or Phil might have said one or both of them want a wife one day. How the hell do any of us know? Everything we talk about is speculation. It’s going to be a ten minute video probably and I have enjoyed all of their collabs in the past, so I have high hopes for this one too. I have had some issues with Louise recently, but I really admire her for taking the risk to age up her channel and not worry so much about offending and just trying be be more authentic. I actually liked Dan’s videos when he was more problematic, not because I always thought the jokes were funny, but because he seemed more open and authentic, rather than separating himself and his persona. Ok, end dissertation.
I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world. And of course we have no way of knowing whether d+p want future wives one day. However, I just personally hate the heteronormative assumption that in order to have children you have to be part of a straight couple etc. Also, I really wouldn't call this assumption a 'different perspective' - its the perspective we are taught is normal from day 1 (at least in most societies).

Also in terms of Dan, I like to think he no longer makes problematic jokes not because he now has a more public persona (and thus still makes them in private) but because hes grown up and learned from his mistakes? i.e. i think Dan not being problematic is authentic to who he is now, if that makes sense. (but of course we have no way of knowing what they are actually like in private)
lost686girl
living flop

Why are we mad at Louise? She's provided us some of the highest quality recorded d&p moments. I bugged out by the phantoms nature to jump any women who dares to interact with them.
goldenmermaid
drama llama

lost686girl wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 pm Why are we mad at Louise? She's provided us some of the highest quality recorded d&p moments. I bugged out by the phantoms nature to jump any women who dares to interact with them.
I think if you read Louise's thread on here you'll see why people are a bit annoyed at her at the moment, and it has nothing to do with her interacting with d&p, and all to do with her being a bit rude and out of touch with the world right now.
malday
emo goose

goldenmermaid wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 pm I'll give her slightly more credit than that (making a wives comment lmao), I'm just thinking more general gender role and body ideas she'll perpetuate. And I think Dan was just being coy, not trying to say anything about the collab or when to expect it bc that's just how he rolls. Never commit to anything so nobody can be disappointed.

Edit: and she literally lost the footage of her collab with Phil last year (allegedly..), so it's probably safer not to say something is 100% coming when she still has time to drop the sd card in the toilet or something
My intention isn’t to offend anyone here as I know people have different things that are more or less important to them, but kid she did say “future wives” or if she talks about her own experience and that involves some traditional gender roles, is it really the end of the world? Sometimes I think there is so much pressure to not say anything that could be deemed problematic that we miss out on hearing different perspectives (even if we disagree) and having valuable conversations come from these opportunities. Also, maybe Dan or Phil might have said one or both of them want a wife one day. How the hell do any of us know? Everything we talk about is speculation. It’s going to be a ten minute video probably and I have enjoyed all of their collabs in the past, so I have high hopes for this one too. I have had some issues with Louise recently, but I really admire her for taking the risk to age up her channel and not worry so much about offending and just trying be be more authentic. I actually liked Dan’s videos when he was more problematic, not because I always thought the jokes were funny, but because he seemed more open and authentic, rather than separating himself and his persona. Ok, end dissertation.
I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world. And of course we have no way of knowing whether d+p want future wives one day. However, I just personally hate the heteronormative assumption that in order to have children you have to be part of a straight couple etc. Also, I really wouldn't call this assumption a 'different perspective' - its the perspective we are taught is normal from day 1 (at least in most societies).

Also in terms of Dan, I like to think he no longer makes problematic jokes not because he now has a more public persona (and thus still makes them in private) but because hes grown up and learned from his mistakes? i.e. i think Dan not being problematic is authentic to who he is now, if that makes sense. (but of course we have no way of knowing what they are actually like in private)
goldenmermaid
drama llama

malday wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm
Oh shit I forgot Janice and Sabrina! my bad :tu:
freesocks
spork

goldenmermaid wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 pm I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world. And of course we have no way of knowing whether d+p want future wives one day. However, I just personally hate the heteronormative assumption that in order to have children you have to be part of a straight couple etc. Also, I really wouldn't call this assumption a 'different perspective' - its the perspective we are taught is normal from day 1 (at least in most societies).

I think part of the issue when talking about reproduction is the biological fact that you do need a man and woman to reproduce. Yes, there are other ways, such as IVF, etc., that allow people more options, but I believe (and I don't have stats here) that a man and a woman having sex is still the most common, which is why most people are likely to have witnessed or experienced reproduction that way and from what we know, that has been Louise's experience. She was married with her first child and in a relationship while pregnant with this second child. But anyway, Louise is an adult that is capable of making her own decisions as to her content and she doesn't need me to defend it, especially when none of us know what "it" is yet.

Re: Dan: I agree with you that some of the jokes Dan used to make (the rape jokes stand out to me) are jokes that he doesn't make anymore because he has grown up and learned from his mistakes. I am probably not expressing myself correctly, but I don't miss Dan saying things (ie rape jokes) that are problematic and I think growing as a person is good and I would be concerned if he didn't grow at all in the past eight years. However, what I find disappointing is that he is so afraid of being problematic that we get less authenticity and actual opinions. I have no idea how people think that he is more open now than he was in the past. I've seen him called problematic for saying what hair color he finds most attractive. Maybe its just that I miss the way YouTube used to be and hate to get it seeing so corporate and just like any other TV network.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

goldenmermaid wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 pm
lost686girl wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 pm Why are we mad at Louise? She's provided us some of the highest quality recorded d&p moments. I bugged out by the phantoms nature to jump any women who dares to interact with them.
I think if you read Louise's thread on here you'll see why people are a bit annoyed at her at the moment, and it has nothing to do with her interacting with d&p, and all to do with her being a bit rude and out of touch with the world right now.
Yeah, the two things Louise has done recently that bothered people (fighting with/blocking fans who tried to explain the concept of gender not being sex, and trying to publicly shame/ruin the rest of the train ride for the guy who didn't stop his meal to volunteer to help her on the train) had nothing at all to do with Dan and Phil, and I don't really hold it against anyone who is put off her for that. It's not really the same situation to me as people who suddenly only have an opinion on someone when they're filming with Dan and Phil; the Louise stuff gets lots of attention and conversation just because she's a fairly prominent youtuber in her own right.
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm This is one of those photos just ends up puzzling me with the logistics of how it was taken.
I hope Phil took this to insinuate that Dan is the "hot content"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:15 pm
fancybum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:45 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:36 pm
freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm Louise tweeted that the collab she is posting tonight is a Not Worth Watching with Zoella, which means the D&P collab probably won’t be until next week. She usually uploads main channel videos on Mondays or Wednesdays.
ugh louise why are you hurting me like this

(Truthfully, I can't decide if I think the collab will be awful and I want it over with, or if I'm genuinely excited for it. But either way: now please.)
I think it's going to be awful, but at least that leaves room to be pleasantly surprised. I wish they had taken inspiration from the catrific collab and just filmed them meeting and playing with Louise's kittens. Or like, go on another group cat cafe outing. Cats. :happytears:
I’m cautiously optimistic about the collab. D&P usually have good chemistry with Louise, especially Dan, who seems to let loose a bit. I’m not sure if anyone else watches Louise but a while back she did a successful (take notes Dan) rebranding and basically said she was not a children’s entertainer and her content is for people her own age and she has aged up her content. I think with this collab, we will at least get Dan not talking at us from a corner like the last dinof videos have been, Phil interacting with people beside Dan (and D&P together) and about a topic that we would never see him choose on AP.

I’m really hopeful (hey, we all need hope, right?) that since it is on Louise’s channel and her demographics are older, we will get to see D&P acting their age (hopefully that makes sense), similar to how Dan’s collabs with Tyle and (I’m not very familiar with AP as I have mostly been a casual Dinof viewer until recently, but there must be someone who he has collared with that brought out a different side of him).

TL;DR I’m cautiously optimistic re the Louise collab because of the direction she has taken her channel in after the last time they collabed and because the topic will push them outside their comfort zones.
I know that at this point I'm one of the resident Louise antis here (and I don't even wanna be, I used to genuinely quite like her but she's just been so awful lately..) but I had to laugh at 'since her demographic are older we might see D&P acting their age' as if Louise ever does :')

Although her audience has slowly become older than the average Gleamers (but judging by her Twitter replies you really couldn't tell the difference between them and 14 year olds), she also faces a lot of criticism for being childish and petty and seemingly having lost any grasp on reality for 'normal' people. And as far as I can tell from these past few weeks, it's justified.

Honestly, if we ever see them 'act their age' I doubt it will be on Louise's channel. I just expect another video of her and Dan being loud and somewhat obnoxious while Phil fades into the background. Houseplants!

Considering Louise often belittles and brushes off the concerns people have about her more 'traditional values'.. yeah it's a bit of a problem. She immediately feels attacked even when people are being nothing but nice, instead of having a grown up discussion. It's easier to be sassy on Twitter and have the minions take care of the rest I guess :roll:
Calm it sis. The phandom is gross but jumping on people and accusing them of hating all women who interact with D&P when you didn't even know what was going on is too.
Last edited by Catallena on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 pm
goldenmermaid wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 pm
Yeah, the two things Louise has done recently that bothered people (fighting with/blocking fans who tried to explain the concept of gender not being sex, and trying to publicly shame/ruin the rest of the train ride for the guy who didn't stop his meal to volunteer to help her on the train) had nothing at all to do with Dan and Phil, and I don't really hold it against anyone who is put off her for that. It's not really the same situation to me as people who suddenly only have an opinion on someone when they're filming with Dan and Phil; the Louise stuff gets lots of attention and conversation just because she's a fairly prominent youtuber in her own right.
In addition, something that really bothered me and I hope we're not getting any of that was something she did in a vlog - I didn't watch it, so I'll just quote the discussion from her thread:
NarrysCanary wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:23 pm
Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:57 pm I skipped around the vlog Depz were in a bit to see how she interacted with the Gleamers because there was a cringe picture earlier in the week and I didn't think I could dislike her more rn but here she goes. Wtf was she doing FORCING Joe to touch her belly?? He was obviously uncomfortable and it got played off as a joke by everyone.. The hell Louise, the world does not revolve around your and your pregnancy. Leave people alone. Am I just sensitive (I mean yes I am I know that) or what?
No, you're not sensitive, I would feel a bit uncomfortable touching the belly of a pregnant woman even though she'd ask me to do it. She also asked Marcus to touch her belly in a previous vlog, he was clearly uncomfortable and she would take his hands and show him where to touch, the entire thing was uncomfortable to watch....
So yeah, I am really unsure how to feel about the collab too. I am not big on babies and the whole pregnancy shebang, and I just hope it's not awkward/forced/jumpcut into pieces.

~~~~

In other news: Gaming vid tonight? Maybe Dream Daddy?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan’s tweet is cute, and correct (well, not all his posts as such, but him) :onfire:
rainydays
sofa crease

freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:00 pm Re: Dan: I agree with you that some of the jokes Dan used to make (the rape jokes stand out to me) are jokes that he doesn't make anymore because he has grown up and learned from his mistakes. I am probably not expressing myself correctly, but I don't miss Dan saying things (ie rape jokes) that are problematic and I think growing as a person is good and I would be concerned if he didn't grow at all in the past eight years. However, what I find disappointing is that he is so afraid of being problematic that we get less authenticity and actual opinions. I have no idea how people think that he is more open now than he was in the past. I've seen him called problematic for saying what hair color he finds most attractive. Maybe its just that I miss the way YouTube used to be and hate to get it seeing so corporate and just like any other TV network.
What kind of opinions would he not be able to express for fear of being problematic though? Unless, of course, he had actually problematic opinions. Which brings me to the meaning of the word itself. I'm not sure what you mean here by "problematic".
This is why I dislike this word so much, because what does it really mean? It's an umbrella term that different people attach different meanings to. I think the general consensus is that problematic behaviours are those of generally privileged people speaking from their place of privilege in such a way that hurts others (less or non-privileged people). So I don't know exactly what you mean here, but if you think dan is holding back comments or jokes that might hurt people and losing in "authenticity" because of it, then that makes me wonder what kind of person do you think he is. Because personally I definitely wouldn't be watching him, if I thought that of him. And while yes, the internet tends to be a bit sensitive and sometimes blow things out of proportion, there's a difference between having shitty opinions and holding them back to not be called out on them, and being careful to word things in a way that doesn't hurt your audience and provides a safe space for everyone. And in my opinion that is not "lack of authenticity", but rather a profound understanding of your audience and their struggles. I actually really admire dan for usually trying to be sensitive and adjusting his behaviour and his content to fit the way more dynamic social discussion of these days.

I think your consideration applies more to phil than dan, as he is the one who doesn't share a lot, except that he has always been like that and I don't think it's bc he's scared of being problematic, but simply bc he has decided that his audience is not entitled to any of his personal opinions (which is fair) and that the only thing he wants his viewers to get from his videos is mindless entertainment that doesn't prompt any type of discussion.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello yes thank you anthony you just bought my gratitude, which equates to one more month of me staying subscribed to your channel
freesocks
spork

rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm What kind of opinions would he not be able to express for fear of being problematic though? Unless, of course, he had actually problematic opinions. Which brings me to the meaning of the word itself. I'm not sure what you mean here by "problematic".
This is why I dislike this word so much, because what does it really mean? It's an umbrella term that different people attach different meanings to. I think the general consensus is that problematic behaviours are those of generally privileged people speaking from their place of privilege in such a way that hurts others (less or non-privileged people). So I don't know exactly what you mean here, but if you think dan is holding back comments or jokes that might hurt people and losing in "authenticity" because of it, then that makes me wonder what kind of person do you think he is. Because personally I definitely wouldn't be watching him, if I thought that of him. And while yes, the internet tends to be a bit sensitive and sometimes blow things out of proportion, there's a difference between having shitty opinions and holding them back to not be called out on them, and being careful to word things in a way that doesn't hurt your audience and provides a safe space for everyone. And in my opinion that is not "lack of authenticity", but rather a profound understanding of your audience and their struggles. I actually really admire dan for usually trying to be sensitive and adjusting his behaviour and his content to fit the way more dynamic social discussion of these days.

I think your consideration applies more to phil than dan, as he is the one who doesn't share a lot, except that he has always been like that and I don't think it's bc he's scared of being problematic, but simply bc he has decided that his audience is not entitled to any of his personal opinions (which is fair) and that the only thing he wants his viewers to get from his videos is mindless entertainment that doesn't prompt any type of discussion.
I actually HATE (with a passion) the term 'problematic' as well because I think it is overused and has many different meanings depending on who is using it, which is why I usually put it in quotes. I would not watch him either if I thought he didn't genuinely care about others and one of the things that originally attracted me to the dinof channel was the whole theme of joking about absurdities in life and mistakes and learning from each other. Dan does worry about being called "problematic" though. He said it in his diss track: "You try so hard to be peaceful and diplomatic but can't make toast without Tumblr saying you're problematic." I agree that creating content that is inclusive and encourages more dynamic social discussion is great, but from what I see (and what has kept me from being anything more than a casual fan for quite some time) is that the phandom really goes overboard with the "problematic" thing and I am not sure if it is just the younger audience that maybe lacks understanding, but a compilation came up in my recommends recently and it basically said Dan was problematic for saying what hair color he found most attractive, saying the sententence "when a guy gets kicked in the balls," saying he wouldn't want to have sex with Kristen Stewart, talking about feminism (in a way that showed an understanding of the political climate in a way the person making the video obviously didn't understand). For an example of something I do find very problematic: The CEO of YouTube having a video made for her new channel and not including captions. If you have a team of people working for you to make a PR video, it is unacceptable to not make it accessible. I hope this explains what I was trying to say a bit better. I really think that word needs to die because I see it being thrown around way too much.
fondsmiles
phabergé

can we please just agree that at least half of these have happened because phil needed to communicate without words with someone (dan). those would make such good stories
[x]
[x]
blackdenim
procrastinator

fondsmiles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 pm can we please just agree that at least half of these have happened because phil needed to communicate without words with someone (dan). those would make such good stories
'Take ur feet of the seats as it's warrens car' was 100% written and shown to Dan while they were in the backseat of a car somewhere. But who is Warren!? My bet is on Phil's secret husband :sideeye:

PS I know it doesn't matter and the conversation has moved on but I find it totally believable Phil doesn't have Whatsapp. We have good phone plans in the UK and lots of people do use it but I never saw the point: you've got texts, email, Facebook Messenger, etc. if you need to get hold of people.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I want to know what Dan was opening, who Warren is (I can second the Phil's husband theory, seems solid), if it's Dan who had his feet on Warren's car, and if those notes were a prelude to his plan to steal the neighbor's dog before they moved.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

God Phil, another secret spouse?
I want to know the story behind all of these notes.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sarmstr2 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 am Maybe that's why he likes doing the YouTube chats. Can you black list on YouNow? :tinfoil: :illuminati:
Yes you can. I once tried to send a premium message on younow to Phil back in 2015 about doing another Mario PhanPrix, it blocked the word phan.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm This is one of those photos just ends up puzzling me with the logistics of how it was taken.
Haha how does it puzzle you? It was obviously when Phil was gazing over at Dan and he just realised that Dan was

8-)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
twix
butt chair

fondsmiles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 pm can we please just agree that at least half of these have happened because phil needed to communicate without words with someone (dan). those would make such good stories
I like the third group of notes; it's vaguely poetic.

rainydays wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm What kind of opinions would he not be able to express for fear of being problematic though? Unless, of course, he had actually problematic opinions.
an example: when dan seemed to imply he was not enjoying Yuri On Ice especially much and said that it was "queerbaiting." Now, i don't think YOI queerbaits, and iirc most of the people who weighed in on it here didn't think so either, so it was surprising that dan did. there was much discussion had about the broader context in which the anime was developed, such as how the director had to navigate japanese broadcasting standards. is it problematic to not understand that context, perhaps assuming that the broadcasting standards, etc are the same as in the UK where entirely unambiguous representation of same sex couples is possible? I'd say it's narrow minded.

as for the taste component-- it's not inherently problematic to dislike YOI. (It bored me tbh; i don't go for sports anime at all & i only got through it because i watched it with figure skating stans.) There's been a weird situation over the past five or so years where performative consumption of media commonly regarded as progressive is taken as a proxy of a person's own progressive beliefs, and if you say that you don't care for it people will assume it's because you're homophobic/racist/misogynist/etc. and can't deal with that sort of representation in media. I mean, it's not without basis-- look at all the people who throw fits about a black guy being a main character in Star Wars-- but you are allowed to not like things without having a political justification. Maybe that's why dan chose to bring up the queerbait criticism in the first place.
freesocks wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm [...] a compilation came up in my recommends recently and it basically said Dan was problematic for saying what hair color he found most attractive, saying the sententence "when a guy gets kicked in the balls," saying he wouldn't want to have sex with Kristen Stewart, talking about feminism (in a way that showed an understanding of the political climate in a way the person making the video obviously didn't understand).
I have not seen the compilation in question and don't remember offhand what those clips might be from, but comments like the hair color one regarding women's physical appearances are often objectifying in nature. Teenage girls tend to be (rightly) sensitive to it.

oblig nathan zed video
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

fondsmiles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:48 pm can we please just agree that at least half of these have happened because phil needed to communicate without words with someone (dan).
Totally agree. The only other guess I have is 'hats seperate', which made me think they considered tatinof plushies with detachable/seperate hats?
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
rainydays
sofa crease

@freesocks and @twix, I agree that it's hard to determine what is "problematic" and what isn't and to what degree, and that a lot of people throw this word around without probably understanding what it really means. I get that creators need to be especially careful about the opinions they express publicly and I'm sure dan does feel the pressure of that, of being worried all the time that anything he says might be taken the wrong way, but I don't think he holds back opinions because of this concern, at least not to a degree where he's not being authentic, which is what I was trying to say in my first post. He might have been hesitant to express his opinion on YOI, but eventually did, albeit briefly. Basically what I'm trying to say is that even if he's afraid of being considered problematic (and he probably does), that doesn't stop him from being open with his audience and expressing his true opinions, he just puts extra care and effort into wording those opinions in a way that doesn't upset people. And I think that's admirable.
blackdenim wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:02 pm 'Take ur feet of the seats as it's warrens car' was 100% written and shown to Dan while they were in the backseat of a car somewhere. But who is Warren!? My bet is on Phil's secret husband :sideeye:
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 pm I want to know what Dan was opening, who Warren is (I can second the Phil's husband theory, seems solid), if it's Dan who had his feet on Warren's car, and if those notes were a prelude to his plan to steal the neighbor's dog before they moved.
omg but what about janice and sabrina? ok here's my theory: janice is phil's wife, warren is janice's brother. phil wrote that note while he and dan were riding in the car with warren and janice on the road to the hospital, where she would finally give birth after a long and exhausting pregnancy. warren was driving, janice was in the front seat next to him and phil was in the backseat with dan. nobody really knows why dan was even there, i guess he was just being a supportive business pal. maybe he was gonna live tweet the birth like kevin jonas did with his wife. he eventually decided against it though, bc he didn't want to risk sabrina (phil's secret lover)seeing it and finding out the truth about phil's double life. also friendly reminder that phil already had a child with sabrina, lola, that dan fondly talked about in that one liveshow. so get ready for the next big conspiracy theory: WHAT IF while phil was cheating on sabrina with janice, sabrina was also cheating on phil with dan? lola is actually dan's child, y'all open your eyes, him saying she was phil's was just a cover, a way to deflect. this explains chris' comment about dan and phil's girlfriends and also any potential allusion louise might make to them having wives in her next video.. a video about pregnancy. coincidence? I think not.