Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

- They took an hour to upload a 6 minutes video?
- Some of those "bloopers" we've seen before as they left them in the actual videos. :sideeye:
- It was still a nice video.
freesocks
spork
Pronouns: she/her

malday wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 pm - They took an hour to upload a 6 minutes video?
- Some of those "bloopers" we've seen before as they left them in the actual videos.
A certain YouTuber with many subscribers recently made a video about how bad the internet is in the UK. I don't really know anything more about it though, since I am American. If it is that bad, it kind of shocks me because I'm so used to cities being the easiest places to get service and/or wi-fi. Maybe some British posters can confirm how big of a problem this actually is in London.
parallel
phabergé

freesocks wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 pm
malday wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 pm - They took an hour to upload a 6 minutes video?
- Some of those "bloopers" we've seen before as they left them in the actual videos.
A certain YouTuber with many subscribers recently made a video about how bad the internet is in the UK. I don't really know anything more about it though, since I am American. If it is that bad, it kind of shocks me because I'm so used to cities being the easiest places to get service and/or wi-fi. Maybe some British posters can confirm how big of a problem this actually is in London.
Never used the internet in America, but I don't think our wifi is that slow? I've been to other countries and the internet there wasn't faster.

But anyway, my opinion on the video! Does anyone know where the oatcake video comes from? I can't find it for the life of me. The video was amazing though, and all that touching with the eyelashes!! Aaah. I'm definitely rewatching that :)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I'm not a fan of the slip of tongue followed by silly sound ones. Got nothing to do with DnP, it's the same when I watch TV show vloopers.
Luckily there were some other kind of bloopers too!

Correct me if I'm wrong, is the "door left open" scene after Dan's rage in the Impossible Quiz video (that I can't watch because I don't like angry people)? I always wondered how much time passed between the two sequences of the video.

And something probably no one but me is interested in is that we get to see how they sync their recordings (last scene, coke spill - disturbing, my phone just autocorrected to "come spill"). Tbh I've noticed a few times that their videos weren't synced so well, so maybe they are trying to improve the procedure?
DatCog
blobfish

Loved it, might be about to watch again for the 3rd time :garbage:

These two are just too cute...the eyelash picking, hair checking and so much fondness :love1:

I'm in the UK and supposedly have high speed fibre optic broadband...it's been really shit recently :x
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

freesocks wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 pm
I'm in student accom, notorious for bad WiFi, not in London but still in a modern city, and a trial just showed I could upload a 10 minute long HD video in about 5 minutes? For it to take them an hour to upload a 6 minute video they must seriously have bad WiFi.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

This video made me soft :love2: even though it was not quite what I was expecting. (Not really sure what I was expecting tbh?)

Love their off camera voices, wowie zowie. They're so deep and... wow. It hardly sounded like them at some points because I'm just not used to it? They're just so damn cute when they're relaxed.

2:30 "Like it always is, Pinky. Ready to take over the world." Oh, OW my heart.
Dan's "fuckin' hell" at the end made my whole month. Also "bloodyfuckinghell, you made me jump." @ 1:41. Lmao. So cute.

I've already watched this twice, all I can think currently is cute. I need to go sit on this and come back with coherent comments later. :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
liola
rankussy

You know whats my favorite thing about the eyelash exchange?

That they are just so comfortable in each other's space when they're not playing it up for the camera, they both move to touch the other's face before they even say why, the soft looks but like just..it's normal for them to be up close to each other's face and touch each other without announcing it and making sure the other is comfortable because THEY KNOW they are

How do people honestly believe they're not together :garbage:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
zazzed
squish

<3 <3 <3 -- pretty much sums up my thoughts

also what the hell @5:58 i can't be the only one who read that as v suggestive. either that or my mind always goes to :philtrash: with these two
autumnhearth
senpai

That was nice. I had to rewatch right away because I didn't really retain anything besides the double eyelash grooming and Dan confirming that he is drinking Diet Coke, which I seriously want to scold him for.

Umm the few moments of natural voices were really lovely (like Phil after Dan's French? count down) but most of the time they stayed at least partially "on".

Four or five of those bloopers were definitely kept in full in their vids, mainly Dream Daddy.

Lots of sneezing, fringe checks, Phil asking if his hair looked combovery/Trumpy (it occasionally does...) Also love that Phil's fringe is ready to take over the world.

Phil correcting Dan to say Dab not Dil, twice. I could watch how they interact/work together for hours.

Phil suggesting the Dil plushie could sit on... anything... and knowing immediately it should be cut.

Dan's voice/accent when Phil throws the towel at him is interesting, especially after having watched a couple clips of Dan going a bit northern.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Seconding everyone - loved the off-camera voices, loved the quiet natural exchanges, loved them mocking each other when they mess up, love the grooming. Though I'm pretty sure it was eye goo and not an eyelash that Dan cleared off Phil's face which is pretty gross but I guess that's just how they roll.

I love how Phil seems to be the one to decide what'll stay and what'll go. Dan might do most of the technical editing but Phil's "we'll see how it flows" kind of proves to me that his mind is definitely always on the video making process.
Ewok wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:31 pm2:30 "Like it always is, Pinky. Ready to take over the world." Oh, OW my heart.
Okay but I really need someone to do a Dan and Phil fanvid set to the Pinky and the Brain theme song now.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I mean yes?? What wasn't there to love! :valentine: Eyelashes I mean come on :garbage: this is the content my heart lives off of (I replayed that scene more times than I'd admit...)

Also low-Phil voice plus a casual Phil swear! (but censored :sideeye:) I've been sooo busy lately I haven't posted in forever, but that was so nice and relaxing :love2: super nice way to mark such an important milestone :sparkle:

(Also, since I never posted about it- the Phil clothes video basically exceeded my expectations, I was very thrilled, for all of the reasons people posted before me. I know, this is late and no one cares but I just had to say it :D)
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
freesocks
spork

I just listened with headphones and can confirm that I don't have any permanent ear damage caused by screaming. New favorite video.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, that was something, I’m here for Phil’s deep voice. With that and his straight face he’s almost a deadpan snarker compared to his typical ramped-up energy. I didn’t notice any difference in Dan. Phil’s combover comment was interesting, though I guess from all the fringe-checks we already know how hair-conscious they are.

The eyelash bits were sweet, I wondered if they’d have left the first one in this if they hadn’t played it up straight afterwards. So many noises after word-flubs, cute way of dealing with them. Phil correcting Dan on things like “Dab” and, of course, “copacetic”, so lowkey and with the deep voice, he’s so different.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

zazzed wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:36 pm <3 <3 <3 -- pretty much sums up my thoughts

also what the hell @5:58 i can't be the only one who read that as v suggestive. either that or my mind always goes to :philtrash: with these two
You're not alone I thought this as well because of the look Dan gives him like really? Pervy Phil.

Also, I know their grooming of each other is going to be overanalyzed to hell and back, but. It really just reminds me so much of my own marriage. When you're comfortable (and in love) enough to pick someone's eye boogers off of their face... yeah. That does it for me. (As if I didn't fully believe before, lmao.) You can pry my belief in their relationship from my cold dead hands.

:garbage:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
tyhane
delia smith

I found it interesting that 3 of the scenes were already included in their respective original videos. (The copacetic one, the "protect me" eyelash one, and the one from Mark of Oxin.) I wonder if they forgot that they had included them, or if they were just doing "bloopers" in general and not only ones that were cut out. Gotta admit I had my hopes up for something a bit longer but I still loved it, obviously. :love1: I really liked seeing the extended version of the "shells up my ass" comment... and I loved that even though they felt it was a bit much they ended up including it in the main vid anyway haha.
FandomLurker
crusty sponge

I loved it and need to rewatch a thousand more times and will have so many more thoughts then when my heart has calmed down. I do just want to say I LOVED how gentle they are with each other. Literally when they physically groom each other(lol) but also when they mess up. As someone who has spent so much of my life surrounded by impatient and angry people this was so blatant. I think its kinda been obvious before but it was so refreshing to see it from a behind the scenes perspective.

Also, Phils tongue when he want to drink. Yas. Loved it.
Last edited by FandomLurker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

that was sweet and genuinely made me laugh. <3
it's just really nice to see that they have fun while filming, like, we know they usually do because it translates to the finished product, but it's nice to get a tiny peek to some off-camera moments and see that they really do have this warm and relaxed atmosphere.
thank's you were great
loonyradish
living flop

About the internet thing, I don't think theirs is that bad?
I think you could actually see their download speed in the last "Sleepless night with Phil", and it was about 32mb/s, which is a lot. I'd be surprised if their upload speed is bad.

(I hope this is correct, I'll go check on it now).

Actually, forget about that, I just looked it up and you couldn't even see the download speed, I guess my brain made that up :sideeye:

Second Edit: Okay, but you COULD see the remaining steam download time and file size to download, and if my math is correct, their internet speed is around 500 to 600 kb/s. So yeah, it sucks.
Source is this (can't post a picture rn): https://youtu.be/pSHJBHbvJ0I at around 3:13

(I have nothing else to do with my time right now :lol: )
Last edited by loonyradish on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pilotlight
#relatable

That was so cute honestly. :D Not to just repeat what's already been said but it's cool to hear their off-camera voices, even if it takes me a couple of replays to figure out what Dan mumbles half the time lol. The eyelash-plucking was interesting, I can't believe Dan didn't even flinched. I like to think I trust my s/o but I think I'd still startle if he stuck his finger that close to my eye without warning. :lol:
IamMe(Ayame)
tol bean

The onlly fault i see is that it was soo short, but defeniatly worth the wait. It was all cute/soft moments and such fondness <3
it was too short for timestamps, nd these arent exactly that anyway, but just my super fav bits.
1:51 P: u left the door open
D: Are u gonna move it
(for some reason i found that too cute nd had to rewatch it)
2:06 Phil correcting Dan, even tho i was left in the video, the look on Phils face just warms my heart :blush:
2:27 Dans laugh at Phils joke
2:47 when Phil was like "sneeze sneeze" his expression was so fond looking at Dan.
+ All the sneezing moments when Phil scoots away, like I love you but keep ur germs away :mate:
3:15 D" happens every now and then"
3:58 Dan trying so hard to tame his curls, No let them free!!
4:12 P: We'll see how it flows
serious Phil :love3:
5:15 P: uve got a friend nd then "oh its just a timer" i really like those moments, makes my heart feel fuzzy.
5:20 THE CUTEST MOMENT :angel2: :sparkle:
THE GROOMENING :garbage:
Even if they were as they described like monkeys picking stuff off eachother, The way Dan leaned in was just so :xoxo: I litterly paused after that moment to breathe. :fan:
5:42 "Blugh Blugh Blugh Phils the winner" Well that was the hottest day of the year
6:04 Phils laugh Dans smile :valentine:
Litterly this is the quality content I signed up for. :thankyou: :thx: :xoxo:
eel
dank meme

Did Phil just sing to the tune of my neck my back?
Just a fish who loves watching Dan and Phil.
malday
emo goose

eel wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 pm Did Phil just sing to the tune of my neck my back?
It's not the first time, they sang it in other videos before.
pilotlight
#relatable

eel wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 pm Did Phil just sing to the tune of my neck my back?
Yup. :ribena: They can celebrate their next subscriber milestone with a full version of the song maybe. :lol:
liola
rankussy

After watching that video again I can now say that the love eyes Lester compilations are shorter than Dan's because it's too much to handle and it gets cut out for our own sake. <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor