Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Light02
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I wanted to say I (mostly) agree with queerofcups.
freesocks
spork
Pronouns: she/her

I know Dan was joking, but I still really want his drunk DDR challenge to happen. I have a hard time thinking for games for them to play to be honest just because of the way they tend to upload things. I want them to do more series, but when they play things with a lot of story, they drag it out so much that it gets hard to remain emmersed. I usually love watching YouTubers play Telltale games, but I don't know. I do like when they play things they actually enjoy though and things that actually challenge them. I do wish they wouldn't shy away from playing some more adult games. Isn't a new The Last of Us coming out? I would LOVE to see them play that but I don't think that will ever happen (ahh I'm being so pessimistic oops, but I simultaneously really love the gaming channel and get frustrated with how much potential it has that is left unused, although I do get that they don't want to be just gamers). Good question!
malday
emo goose

zazzed
squish

clippedteapot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm
There's a lot of pots to draw from here - homophobia within society (keep in mind I can really only speak for where I am in the US, since cultures variate here and there from country to country on how they look at it, and frankly the way the US is right now the culture in say, California or New York is vastly different from Texas or Arkansas or something), the way the patriarchy affects our view of all men and how that crosses over with how society views men who like men vs men who fit the heterosexual mold, sexism and how THAT affects our perceptions of others, sex and sexual liberation and how those things have historically tied to LBGT movements and the drawbacks as well as gains from those ties, personality traits leading to people making assumptions on what people are okay with, and probably a whole pile of other things I don't have enough knowledge of to even try and speak on.

Sexualization isn't inherently flawed, but when it overtakes a person's perception of something it is. EX: You can find m/m or f/f smut fiction hot without necessarily being a part of those communities, but it becomes a problem when you start attaching that sexual energy (? Er, words, I'm having a hard time with them today) to the m/m / f/f aspect and not the situation aspect (aka, the "they are having sex" part), and it becomes especially a problem when you start associating just m/m or f/f attraction with only sex/getting off, aka fetishizing. There's also the matter of humans often finding the "exotic" more interesting than what we know - I think that some of that interest, both for teen girls who like m/m and for teen boys who like f/f, does have a root in just...Being different than what experiences you could ever have. This is sort of putting aside the matter that sometimes looking for this can actually lead a person into explorations of the self - like, say, a teen "girl" really enjoying m/m stories, then slowly realizing they like it because well, they want to be in that...Specifically as a boy, specifically, they are a boy. Or a boy realizing they like guys too as they read more/seek out m/m as well as m/f and f/f...Which is a thing that does actually...Happen sometimes, as odd as it sounds. It's a really weird web to get wrapped up in, how materials that technically have a base in objectification+voyeurism (like say, BL manga, or fanfiction, or well, most romance novels/movies/anything tbh) can lead people to personal revelations, and how these things can both do positive things as well as negative things...People's perceptions variate so widely it's hard to say anything particularly concrete, imo. Two people can read the same thing and get wildly different understandings from it, thanks to a combination of peer group+personality+life experiences. I am very firmly rooted in "fiction is NOT reality", so I'm trying to be careful with how I put all of this. A boy can read+enjoy+get off to f/f fiction and not sexualize all female attracted girls in reality, same for a girl reading m/m...But that's an entire other thing.

There's the matter that men in general are often seen as sexual by default - not in the way women are seen as sexual objects, per say, but as participators IN sex. The reason you don't see as much sex "headcanons" for m/f couples I largely feel is related to this, because the thought process seems to be "guys like sex, therefore 2 guys = must REALLY be into it". And it's not seen as intrusive because they're two dudes, whereas with a woman/women it's like a mixture of how society likes to suppress female sexuality and how people are trained to see women as much more demure about their sex lives, how it's often insulting/degrading to bring up a lady's sex business, whereas with guys it's often more like a badge of honor, congrats you got laid. (Whether it is or isn't depends on the person I feel, I know some people who are very open about their sex lives with anyone, and some who keep that under lock and key.) That also ties with how Dan is more open about things in general than Phil tends to be, which...Leads to him being more objectified - people see Dan's openness with certain subjects (his kink jokes, the furry "jokes"we're onto you man, his general blase` attitude towards sexual references ("I love putting shells up my ass", ahem) ), and make an assumption from there than Dan is OK with people speculating about his sex life, and Phil just kind of gets dragged along for the ride since well, they're Dan AND Phil, after all. At least, that's how I see it.

There's also the ripple effect of fandom and what parts you go into - a fandom is a large group that's often splintered depending on ships. Even the phandom is splintered on the basis of whether you ship dan and phil together, or if you don't, or if you think they're together but you don't "ship" them with fanfiction and the like, or if you don't think they're together AND you don't do the ship thing, or if you think they're together AND you ship them. It's an even muddier thing because Dan and Phil are real people as opposed to fictional characters who can be whoever you want them to be, really, without any averse effect to them - Dan and Phil can actually see what people do and what people say about them. You can't actually control Dan and Phil the way you can characters that don't exist. If you come from a fictional fandom to Dan and Phil, you can miss how the game changes because Dan and Phil are real, actual humans, and for a lot of people that makes shipping them weird, which I get as someone in that general camp. It can feel intrusive based on your own personal preferences - I don't ship them because I wouldn't like that being done to me and my friends, but I understand that some people really would not even care. DNP don't even seem to care, they NEVER really seemed to care, it's only when people started trying to control them (stalking them, demanding they get together, harassing their families) that it became an issue for them. It became like a fan hassling a creator demanding their ship be canon, except these aren't fictional people, these are their Real Lives. (Not that hassling a creator to make your ship canon is ever good. Please don't misunderstand me there.) It was people taking their fanon and somehow convincing themselves it was reality that was the problem...That's always the problem, and I really don't know how to stop people from doing that because it tends to come with a certain type of fanaticism that comes with loving something a lot. I don't want to tell people "stop being so enthusiastic", but also...It might be good to take it down a couple notches before you trip and end up in a hole of fetishization and objectification. But that's just me.
Don't worry, you make perfect sense! I find this conversation so valuable and thought-provoking. It's refreshing to see no one pointing fingers or signaling anyone out (for the most part). I don't really have anything new of substance to add that I can articulate well enough, but I just wanted to butt in and say that I agree with all of this. The third paragraph in particular resonates with me.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

clippedteapot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm Quite the discussion here, huh.
There's a lot of pots to draw from here - homophobia within society (keep in mind I can really only speak for where I am in the US, since cultures variate here and there from country to country on how they look at it, and frankly the way the US is right now the culture in say, California or New York is vastly different from Texas or Arkansas or something), the way the patriarchy affects our view of all men and how that crosses over with how society views men who like men vs men who fit the heterosexual mold, sexism and how THAT affects our perceptions of others, sex and sexual liberation and how those things have historically tied to LBGT movements and the drawbacks as well as gains from those ties, personality traits leading to people making assumptions on what people are okay with, and probably a whole pile of other things I don't have enough knowledge of to even try and speak on.

Sexualization isn't inherently flawed, but when it overtakes a person's perception of something it is. EX: You can find m/m or f/f smut fiction hot without necessarily being a part of those communities, but it becomes a problem when you start attaching that sexual energy (? Er, words, I'm having a hard time with them today) to the m/m / f/f aspect and not the situation aspect (aka, the "they are having sex" part), and it becomes especially a problem when you start associating just m/m or f/f attraction with only sex/getting off, aka fetishizing. There's also the matter of humans often finding the "exotic" more interesting than what we know - I think that some of that interest, both for teen girls who like m/m and for teen boys who like f/f, does have a root in just...Being different than what experiences you could ever have. This is sort of putting aside the matter that sometimes looking for this can actually lead a person into explorations of the self - like, say, a teen "girl" really enjoying m/m stories, then slowly realizing they like it because well, they want to be in that...Specifically as a boy, specifically, they are a boy. Or a boy realizing they like guys too as they read more/seek out m/m as well as m/f and f/f...Which is a thing that does actually...Happen sometimes, as odd as it sounds. It's a really weird web to get wrapped up in, how materials that technically have a base in objectification+voyeurism (like say, BL manga, or fanfiction, or well, most romance novels/movies/anything tbh) can lead people to personal revelations, and how these things can both do positive things as well as negative things...People's perceptions variate so widely it's hard to say anything particularly concrete, imo. Two people can read the same thing and get wildly different understandings from it, thanks to a combination of peer group+personality+life experiences. I am very firmly rooted in "fiction is NOT reality", so I'm trying to be careful with how I put all of this. A boy can read+enjoy+get off to f/f fiction and not sexualize all female attracted girls in reality, same for a girl reading m/m...But that's an entire other thing.

There's the matter that men in general are often seen as sexual by default - not in the way women are seen as sexual objects, per say, but as participators IN sex. The reason you don't see as much sex "headcanons" for m/f couples I largely feel is related to this, because the thought process seems to be "guys like sex, therefore 2 guys = must REALLY be into it". And it's not seen as intrusive because they're two dudes, whereas with a woman/women it's like a mixture of how society likes to suppress female sexuality and how people are trained to see women as much more demure about their sex lives, how it's often insulting/degrading to bring up a lady's sex business, whereas with guys it's often more like a badge of honor, congrats you got laid. (Whether it is or isn't depends on the person I feel, I know some people who are very open about their sex lives with anyone, and some who keep that under lock and key.) That also ties with how Dan is more open about things in general than Phil tends to be, which...Leads to him being more objectified - people see Dan's openness with certain subjects (his kink jokes, the furry "jokes"we're onto you man, his general blase` attitude towards sexual references ("I love putting shells up my ass", ahem) ), and make an assumption from there than Dan is OK with people speculating about his sex life, and Phil just kind of gets dragged along for the ride since well, they're Dan AND Phil, after all. At least, that's how I see it.

There's also the ripple effect of fandom and what parts you go into - a fandom is a large group that's often splintered depending on ships. Even the phandom is splintered on the basis of whether you ship dan and phil together, or if you don't, or if you think they're together but you don't "ship" them with fanfiction and the like, or if you don't think they're together AND you don't do the ship thing, or if you think they're together AND you ship them. It's an even muddier thing because Dan and Phil are real people as opposed to fictional characters who can be whoever you want them to be, really, without any averse effect to them - Dan and Phil can actually see what people do and what people say about them. You can't actually control Dan and Phil the way you can characters that don't exist. If you come from a fictional fandom to Dan and Phil, you can miss how the game changes because Dan and Phil are real, actual humans, and for a lot of people that makes shipping them weird, which I get as someone in that general camp. It can feel intrusive based on your own personal preferences - I don't ship them because I wouldn't like that being done to me and my friends, but I understand that some people really would not even care. DNP don't even seem to care, they NEVER really seemed to care, it's only when people started trying to control them (stalking them, demanding they get together, harassing their families) that it became an issue for them. It became like a fan hassling a creator demanding their ship be canon, except these aren't fictional people, these are their Real Lives. (Not that hassling a creator to make your ship canon is ever good. Please don't misunderstand me there.) It was people taking their fanon and somehow convincing themselves it was reality that was the problem...That's always the problem, and I really don't know how to stop people from doing that because it tends to come with a certain type of fanaticism that comes with loving something a lot. I don't want to tell people "stop being so enthusiastic", but also...It might be good to take it down a couple notches before you trip and end up in a hole of fetishization and objectification. But that's just me.

IDK sorry for how long and rambly this is. I'm not sure a lot of it even makes a lot of sense. Hopefully I didn't piss anyone off.
In other, lighter dan and phil stuff though - are their any games you really want them to play on the gaming channel, even if you think it probably wouldn't make a good video? I've been playing love live again, and now I REALLY want to see them play another rhythm game.
I thought that made total sense, interesting thoughts!

Games -

I'm still extremely salty that they played Geoguessr instead of Streetcrowd, like I wanted to see either a Dan vs. Phil Streetcrowd even if the bants wouldn't be as good, and also just want to see them collaborate on the team aspect because it would be interesting to see how their thought processes work when they're trying to help each other with this style of game instead of mess each other up.
parallel
phabergé

000dia000 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:12 pm
jaej wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 am as a queer man i feel massively uncomfortable with a lot of the phandom because a lot of it definitely steps into fetishing. people might watch straight couples on youtube more to find them cute, but how often are they talking and speculating about their sex lives? implying things about the sex lives of people like zoe and alfie when like... one looks a bit tired or mildly touches the other ones arm or something would be criticised far more than if it was dan and phil. a lot of people think they're genuinely a couple but also talk about their private life in a way you wouldn't feel comfortable about with a heterosexual couple and it's important to evaluate that and why you feel fine saying it about own couple and not another
I think that people overlooking how gay relationships are fetishized probably has a lot to do with how men are often sexualized with no repercussion, while women sexualized gets more widespread attention and backlash. Not always, but you get more outrage online, for example. Ever since people here pointed out how Dan, in particular, is publicly objectified by his fans, by the media, and by his own YouTube peers, I haven't been unable to see it. Yet, while it was the right reaction, Zoella got a public outcry of attention and support when The Sun called her underwear picture inappropriate.
I know this is off-topic at this point but I want to add my thoughts.
I completely agree with you there, dia. Because if an adult female fan makes ridiculously oversexualised comments about Dan, it's entirely okay, but take an adult male fan of a woman, and if he makes ridiculously oversexualised comments about her, he'll likely be seen as creepy and gross.

I get that it goes a lot deeper than that and is related to how men and women's roles in society are perceived + historical stuff. But I don't think that we should treat equality like trying to balance out something one gender doesn't have by taking away something else the other gender has. It's seen as perfectly acceptable to hypersexualise men whereas unsavoury sexual comments about women are disgusting. Which they are, but they should be seen as bad for men, too. I understand that it can be empowering for a man and be seen as degrading for a woman, and I never said that people felt bad about this, but rather that there shouldn't be these two separate standards in the first place.

BTW, dia, do you have a link to that Reddit thread? I think it would be an interesting read to see the whole context.
Grey
lady door

I’m still interested in the serious conversation that’s happening but I don’t have anything to add.

Games: I want them to play monopoly. I really really really really want them to play monopoly. Please.

I also like when they play older games that they played a lot when they were younger. I also like when they play puzzle-solving type games.
I'm having a stress.
000dia000
emo goose

emerald wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 pm BTW, dia, do you have a link to that Reddit thread? I think it would be an interesting read to see the whole context.[/spoiler]
[It was from an anime shipping discussion:000dia000's secret other fandom
Also, it's been interesting hearing people's responses. I definitely went too hard on my initial post, and like it was said, it's not so black and white and I'm not condemning shipping in any way, shape or form, I was just trying to start a discussion. The various responses have been interesting, so thanks guys!
:cactus:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Fascinating conversation to wake up to! I genuinely think most arguments that have been made have merit, and as such don't have much to add other than a) general fandom etiquette requires us to interrogate why we feel the way that we do about certain things, and to constantly question how our actions may potentially cause harm or distress to certain populations (e.g. straight people need to avoid fetishising m/m or f/f ships, and should consider the way they talk about same gender relations; white people need to question why it may be that a majority of characters they interact with in fandom are white, and avoid reproducing stereotypical/offensive/whitewashed representations of non-white characters etc), and b) we also need to keep in mind power relations between men and women, and recognise that in no situation can we remove objectification from these power relations - as such, men objectifying women has real-world repercussions that simply do not exist in situations in which women objectify men.

In other news, Dan recently followed @KatiMorton on twitter. She's a therapist who has a youtube channel where she talks about mental health, and she has made videos with Dodie, Hannah Hart, Jon Cozart etc. I wonder if Dan contacted her for help with a video on mental health? I feel like him following her points toward an affirmative on his next vid being about mental health.
autumnhearth
senpai

clippedteapot wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm Quite the discussion here, huh.

IDK sorry for how long and rambly this is. I'm not sure a lot of it even makes a lot of sense. Hopefully I didn't piss anyone off.
In other, lighter dan and phil stuff though - are their any games you really want them to play on the gaming channel, even if you think it probably wouldn't make a good video? I've been playing love live again, and now I REALLY want to see them play another rhythm game.
Really good post under the cut :tu: I've been enjoying the conversation, it's a lot to digest and I don't have anything to add right now, but it's much appreciated after seeing several uninformed call outs in the phan tag on Tumblr this weekend.

I will chime in that I would love to see them play Guitar Hero and/or Rock Band, DDR and some serious singing game. I'm also really hoping for a not my arms challenge on the gaming channel, I don't care what game it is (oops that sounds kind of fetishizing). I thought they would livestream today, I'm glad I wasn't at home waiting. They must be quite busy.
captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 pm In other news, Dan recently followed @KatiMorton on twitter. She's a therapist who has a youtube channel where she talks about mental health, and she has made videos with Dodie, Hannah Hart, Jon Cozart etc. I wonder if Dan contacted her for help with a video on mental health? I feel like him following her points toward an affirmative on his next vid being about mental health.
Ooo nice! Any idea how recently? I think we might get an ISG this week and mental health in the near future.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:45 pm Ooo nice! Any idea how recently? I think we might get an ISG this week and mental health in the near future.
He wasn't following her yesterday my time, so it must have been within the last 24 hours. I think you're right that it'll probably be either ISG or mental health - I actually think he might upload the mental health video first, or maybe somehow combine the two (something like a mental health themed ISG?). I'm intrigued as to how he'll handle the topic, but I think it's a really good sign that he seems to have consulted a professional.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I'm really curious about Dan's mental health video. Is he gonna talk about his own mental health and his experiences or just give some general advice? Maybe both? Either way, I'm glad that he is at the very least researching what he should/shouldn't say.
malday
emo goose

captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:45 pm Ooo nice! Any idea how recently? I think we might get an ISG this week and mental health in the near future.
He wasn't following her yesterday my time, so it must have been within the last 24 hours. I think you're right that it'll probably be either ISG or mental health - I actually think he might upload the mental health video first, or maybe somehow combine the two (something like a mental health themed ISG?). I'm intrigued as to how he'll handle the topic, but I think it's a really good sign that he seems to have consulted a professional.
She also did several videos with Tomska, that's where i know her channel from.
sorryimnotclever
squish

Life is Strange

Please, make my little gay heart happy.

They would probably never play it, but it's nice to fantasize. I really wonder if they would go for the straight timeline or the gay timeline. Would they follow the rules or go for the less moral choices? I'm just so so curious as to what they would chose! As for dialogue, you can talk in between minor choices, so you can go at your own pace without having to talk over the characters.

I just really love LiS, can you tell?
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I am sorry if this is offtopic but I am currently laughing my ass off and maybe some of you have the same terrible humour as me? I was watching an editing tutorial and there was ...something... that voice reminded me off.
It's Dil's channel :lol:
Same text to voice software as used in TATINOF
On-topic: Dan is pretty quiet on twitter and Phil's making up for it, so it's likely he's filming the new video. I am not a fan of ISG at all, so I'd welcome a new twist (or just a different video).
DatCog
blobfish

I still can't stop watching the Bloopers...the bit where Dan does the Pinky & the Brain quote just turns my insides to mush, it's so soft :love2:

Hopeful for a gaming video soon (more daddies perhaps) and of course the DINOF. I don't dislike ISG but I'd be happy to wait another month or two so am hoping he's chosen to do something else.
fancybum
senpai

Am I blind or is Kati Morton not following Dan back? I think mutually following each other would be a better indication that there's any communication or potential collab happening between them. Internet etiquette and all. Otherwise it's totally possible he just started watching her videos or something and felt like following and that's all there is to it. He only specifically mentioned a mental health vid in response to someone in the chat suggesting it to him and his response was a list of reasons why it would be difficult to do and a vague maybe. So I'm not really sure where the expectation that it's totally on the horizon is coming from. I mean, maybe it is, but I don't think there's that much to go on right now to expect it in the immediate future as a foregone conclusion since the idea seems mostly fan created. Personally I think there's a better chance of a furry-related vid happening. Or like. Hair care.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:29 pm Am I blind or is Kati Morton not following Dan back? I think mutually following each other would be a better indication that there's any communication or potential collab happening between them. Internet etiquette and all. Otherwise it's totally possible he just started watching her videos or something and felt like following and that's all there is to it. He only specifically mentioned a mental health vid in response to someone in the chat suggesting it to him and his response was a list of reasons why it would be difficult to do and a vague maybe. So I'm not really sure where the expectation that it's totally on the horizon is coming from. I mean, maybe it is, but I don't think there's that much to go on right now to expect it in the immediate future as a foregone conclusion since the idea seems mostly fan created. Personally I think there's a better chance of a furry-related vid happening. Or like. Hair care.
Oh I'm totally ready for Internet Support Group #whatever, don't worry. I do think though that based on the fact he expressed interest (albeit hesitant) in doing a mental health vid when asked about it (as opposed to flat out saying something like "nope, I don't want to ever go there"), and then his comments in the most recent liveshow about having an idea for an upcoming video that needed to be handled with care (and following those comments with a discussion on his own mental health), would suggest that it could plausibly be on the agenda. Him following Kati Morton falls in line with this theory, and seems like a coincidence if it's not something he's thinking about right now.

I don't think anyone said they thought he was actually going to make a video with Kati Morton in it, just that he may have either consulted her directly or even just watched some of her videos out of interest. Maybe it's not the next video, but he followed her in the hope that she would follow back so he could dm her and ask for advice (is that how DMs work these days? I don't know how twitter works tbh). There's definitely a high chance his next video will have nothing to do with mental health (I'm nowhere near certain enough to call it or anything), but there are solid reasons to suggest he is thinking about it. No one's plucking things out of thin air.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Kati Morton’s lovely, I've seen two panels with her, and TomSka, at cons and watched some of her videos and liveshows. She’s collabed with a few people recently so if Dan was going that route, that seems a great way to do it.

I’m totally here for hair care or ISG, though. The Daddies are quite overdue and I’m always here for more voices so I hope they’ve got that in the works.
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:29 pm Am I blind or is Kati Morton not following Dan back? I think mutually following each other would be a better indication that there's any communication or potential collab happening between them. Internet etiquette and all. Otherwise it's totally possible he just started watching her videos or something and felt like following and that's all there is to it. He only specifically mentioned a mental health vid in response to someone in the chat suggesting it to him and his response was a list of reasons why it would be difficult to do and a vague maybe. So I'm not really sure where the expectation that it's totally on the horizon is coming from. I mean, maybe it is, but I don't think there's that much to go on right now to expect it in the immediate future as a foregone conclusion since the idea seems mostly fan created. Personally I think there's a better chance of a furry-related vid happening. Or like. Hair care.
Didn't he joke about making a video about kinks in a previous liveshow? i think the chances are not that bad . :lol:
flarequake wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 pm The Daddies are quite overdue and I’m always here for more voices so I hope they’ve got that in the works.
I hope they're not thinking of dragging it until gamingmass (if they are planning on doing one this year).
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:37 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:29 pm Personally I think there's a better chance of a furry-related vid happening. Or like. Hair care.
Didn't he joke about making a video about kinks in a previous liveshow? i think the chances are not that bad . :lol:
Oh my goooood has he started following any dentists lately, maybe he's finally ready for the dentist kink video.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:47 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:29 pm Personally I think there's a better chance of a furry-related vid happening. Or like. Hair care.
Oh my goooood has he started following any dentists lately, maybe he's finally ready for the dentist kink video.
New conspiracy theory: Dan really does have a secret account, he just follows nothing but dentists on it.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

flarequake wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 pm The Daddies are quite overdue and I’m always here for more voices so I hope they’ve got that in the works.
I hope they're not thinking of dragging it until gamingmass (if they are planning on doing one this year).
Hoping for a new DD this week, they haven't done one in so long
I feel like they would've outright denied it if they weren't doing gamingmas, since everyone would assume it's happening if they don't say it's not
onetruetrash
blobfish

Does anyone knows when Dan is gonna upload? I think he said something in his liveshow about uploading Monday or Tuesday.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

We're gonna ignore how long it actually took me to do this (though my frequent partner-in-obsessive-timestamping-crime mermaid blood helped) but here is the blooper video broken down into what video every moment came from, along with the date - and I think everyone pretty much knew this already but they definitely picked exclusively from 2017 videos.

:08 - DAB BECOMES A CHILD! - Sims 4 #39 (5 May 2017)
:20 - Dan vs. Phil: QUICK DRAW! (3 Feb 2017)
:27 - IS IT PAINFUL TO DIE?! Google Feud #2 (8 Feb 2017)
:31 - Dan vs. Phil: QUICK DRAW! (3 Feb 2017)
:40 - IS THIS THE END? THE IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ! #6 (16 Feb 2017)
:45 - BATTLE OF THE BALLS - Golf With Friends (24 Feb 2017)
:49 - HORSE BOYFRIEND SIMULATOR?! - My Horse Prince (19 Feb 2017)
:53 - DIL GETS A FREEZE RAY - Sims 4 #35 (11 Feb 2017)
:58 - DAB BECOMES A TODDLER - Sims 4 #34 (25 Jan 2017)
1:04 - We hAVE to SHOUT to juMP??! - YASUHATI Don't Stop Eighth Note (11 March 2017)
1:21 - IS IT PAINFUL TO DIE?! Google Feud #2 (8 Feb 2017)
1:26 - HAVING A BLAST - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (8 March 2017)
1.35 - Dan and Phil play CLUB PENGUIN! (RIP) (2 April 2017)
1.43 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
1.45 - Making Eliza PREGNANT - Sims 4 #37 (15 March 2017)
1:50 - IS THIS THE END? THE IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ! #6 (16 Feb 2017)
2:01 - BATTLE OF THE BALLS - Golf With Friends (24 Feb 2017)
2.03 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
2:18 - 14 YEAR OLD PHIL’S GAME - The Mark Of Oxin! (25 March 2017)
2:30 - HORSE BOY LOVE STORY - My Horse Prince #4 (GRAND FINALE) (11 May 2017)
2:37 - BOMB DISPOSING DISASTER - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #2 (16 May 2017)
2:42 - DAB BECOMES A TODDLER - Sims 4 #34 (25 Jan 2017)
2:50 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe BATTLE MODE SHOWDOWN!!! (9 May 2017)
2:56 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
3:04 - DIL GETS A FREEZE RAY - Sims 4 #35 (11 Feb 2017)
3:18 - Making Eliza PREGNANT - Sims 4 #37 (15 March 2017)
3:24 - DIL'S BOWLING DESTRUCTION - Sims 4 #40 (26 May 2017)
3:33 - HELP WE ARE SO LOST 🌎🤔 - Dan vs. Phil: GeoGuessr (25 June 2017)
3:55 - THIS GAME IS TOO BLOODY HARD - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #3 (19 June 2017)
3:59 - TWO SANDY BALLS - Golf With Friends #2 (11 April 2017)
4:03 - WATCH US WRECK SOME LOSERS ONLINE - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - (29 June 2017)
4:13 - DAB BECOMES A CHILD! - Sims 4 #39 (5 May 2017)
4:23 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
4:30 - We hAVE to SHOUT to juMP??! - YASUHATI Don't Stop Eighth Note (11 March 2017)
4:39 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
4:50 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
4:56 - THIS GAME IS TOO BLOODY HARD - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #3 (19 June 2017)
5:08 - The ANTI-AKINATOR CHALLENGE! (20 Sept 2017)
5:19 - BOMB DISPOSING DISASTER - Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes #2 (16 May 2017)
5:31 - HELP WE ARE SO LOST 🌎🤔 - Dan vs. Phil: GeoGuessr (25 June 2017)
5:45 - Dan and Phil play CLUB PENGUIN! (RIP) (2 April 2017)
5:50 - DIL'S BIRTHDAY IN THE BIG CITY! - Sims 4 #45 (29 Sept 2017)
6:06 - MEET HOT DADDIES IN OUR AREA! - Dream Daddy #2 (18 Aug 2017)
6:15 - MEET DILDY LESTOWELL - Dream Daddy #1 (3 August 2017)
6:23 - WATCH US WRECK SOME LOSERS ONLINE - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - (29 June 2017)
6:30 - DIL'S BIRTHDAY IN THE BIG CITY! - Sims 4 #45 (29 Sept 2017)