Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
onetruetrash
blobfish

awkwardly wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:42 amHonestly, I really worry where youtube is heading. There was always so much censorship on regular TV and youtube became a great diverse place and source and now... :ddd:
YouTube has been going to shit for a while now. Extremely unfair copyright strikes, allowing fucked up content on their site, it's all a mess.
malday
emo goose

onetruetrash wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:09 pm
Catallena wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 pmAdding to this to further clarify that these 'stricter' rules means videos being demonetized for little shit like swearing or sketches with mild violence and fake blood. News, opinion and educational channels also get demonetized for discussing 'controversial' topics. LGBT+ content is one of the biggest victims getting mass demonetized for absolutely no reason at all. Straight people kissing? Great! Here's money. Gay couple kissing? I think the fuck not.

YouTube's communication about this issue has been an absolute joke and they just keep saying 'we're sorry it's the ~algorithm~' and then continue to do absolutely nothing people are rightfully pissed.

(and yeah I accidentally left the d out of adpocalypse)
Videos are being demonetized for the stupidest shit. There's a YouTuber named Kendall Rae who does a lot of conspiracy theories and videos about missing people. She nows relies completely on her merchandise due to these stricter rules. She might have a Patreon too, but I'm not sure.

YouTube's been singling out gay content even before this year. Remember that video that went viral in 2015 of the two women who kissed behind that x-ray screen? I couldn't even watch it because it was marked as 18+ content even though it was literally just a kiss. Then they had the nerve to put it in YouTube Rewind to show how "supportive" they are.
You mean this video? It's unrestricted.
Are you sure you guys are not confusing the restricted mode filtering lgbt content issue with demonetization?
All the videos of lgbt couples i've seen have ads on them, coming out videos have ads on them, Tyler's videos about lgbt issues have ads on them.

In other news, HelloWorld got Tom Daley to attend? I bet d&p regret not going now.
Last edited by malday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

That was such a nice liveshow!! It's so sweet that Phil likes to always have a show that both he and his mum watch so they can bond over it, I loved hearing about Phil's vision for his glitter look, as well as all the other stories about the creator summit (the magician one sounded incredible, I probably would have almost cried too), and I relate a lot to Phil's Neville-Longbottom-esque tendencies re: being the only one to fail at the matcha tea and to get the shoe stuck on his foot. Anyway I love Phil :love1: :love1: :love1:
onetruetrash
blobfish

malday wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:06 amYou mean this video? It's unrestricted.
I know that it was restricted at one point because I had to go onto nsfwyoutube.com to watch it. Maybe the video was reuploaded by someone else and that video was age restricted? It happened over two years ago, so I don't know.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

onetruetrash wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:53 am
awkwardly wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:42 amHonestly, I really worry where youtube is heading. There was always so much censorship on regular TV and youtube became a great diverse place and source and now... :ddd:
YouTube has been going to shit for a while now. Extremely unfair copyright strikes, allowing fucked up content on their site, it's all a mess.
YouTube has been getting worse about what they let on their site, one of the examples that most stood out to me was earlier this year when they started putting lgbt+ content on restricted mode, but they're still infinitely better than TV. At least YouTube allows anyone who wants to upload something to upload something, while TV gets to decide what airs and what doesn't, and what can air in a preexisting show.
Content that's supremely awful is a very unfortunate side effect of allowing anyone to post anything, but at least they have a report button so it can get taken down.
They could use some edits to their algorithms for what should be restricted, though.
autumnhearth
senpai

I know so little about what is going on with YT, so I'm not able to add anything to that discussion.

I just came here to amend what I said about Phil's Tom Daley mention. On the second watch I noticed he was actually giving a shout out to someone called "The Diver Dude" and then he said "Tom Daley's here". So probably just a little joke/what came to mind when he read it. Though I do like the idea of Tom watching Phil. To think, Diver Dude and Snow Dude could have been a thing. Night!
fancybum
senpai

:dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2017 :haru:
What Happened In Spain (Sept 28, 2017)

Prompted Dan Mention
;ghost;
Unprompted Dan Mention
29:15 “[chat] met their girlfriend, thank you— because of me? How-what- that’s awesome. People make friends because of me and Dan, they tell me that sometimes, and I’m like, that’s the best. I wish I was into something that much when I was younger and made friends because of it. The closest thing I had to that was Buffy and there was no twitter or anything like that back then. Back in the old days of the internet. I guess I had the YT community, I was friends with lots of YTers.”
-his voice when he says ‘that’s the best’ just punched me in the heart and I’m gonna cry
:happytears:
Neutral Dan Mention
2:00 “We got [to the airport] way too early. Me and Dan were just like ‘what do we do with all this time’. I think we went in every airport shop about 17 times, and we smelled all the fragrances until I got really dizzy
-imagine if he had only smelled half the fragrances and what could have been..

8:05 “Me and Dan went up to this rooftop party and we were like ‘we don’t know anyone, what’s happening’, so tried to make some small talk with some people, but then a magician stopped us and it was crazy”
“I got a card out of the deck, signed my name on it, then I shuffled the deck, Dan shuffled the deck, it was in there somewhere”
“My signed card was in the envelope” [which was sealed and in the magician’s wallet in his pocket]
“He was definitely a witch or a demon or something. I just couldn’t believe it. I think it was half ‘cause I was tired from the plane, but I almost cried I was just so overwhelmed by my reality just bending out of shape. It was so crazy.”

14:00 “Yes, I’m filming that [#clothesforphil] video tomorrow”
“The clothes have all been ordered; Dan did the shortlisting. I’ve seen a few things arrive, but I’m trying not to spoil it before I put them on. So I’m gonna film it tomorrow, I’m very excited and slightly nervous”
(chat) What clothes are there?
“I don’t know, we’re gonna have to wait and see. I think there’s a mixture. That’s what Dan said, ‘there’s a mixture of options’, so I don’t know.”

16:20 “We hung out with Anthony as well, obviously. We chatted with loads of people at the party, and then Anthony popped up and I was like ‘I forgot he was here! My bro! My friend!’ so we got some prime Anthony time.”

17:00 “We got a choice of what activity we could do, and there was one that—I’m sure you saw Dan tweet—one was a flamenco dancing session. One was a freerunning class with the expert parkour guy” “there was a yoga session, a 7am 5km jog, I was like ‘what are these options, what am I gonna pick’, then right at the bottom I saw a matcha tea ceremony session. I was like ‘if one thing involves me sitting down and drinking tea, that is the activity I’m gonna pick'. Anthony didn’t get one of these things, he was technically a speaker ‘cause he’s not from Europe, he wasn’t like attending the thing, he was doing a talk. So he didn’t get this option to do all of these activities, so on Dan’s, he put ‘+Anthony’ and signed him up for the tea ceremony, so Anthony was like ‘what is happening, what am I doing’”
18:35 “I was terrible, I was the worst in the class”
“You have to whisk up your matcha tea and get a thick foam on the top—one thicc foam—and mine just wouldn’t foam! Why am I so bad at everything? And I was getting quite embarrassed ‘cause I was looking around and Anthony’s was foaming away, Dan’s was like a foam-fest” etc
“mine was just a murky swamp” had to get the instructor to do it for him lol Phil
“Obviously don’t have much of a good wrist action when it comes to foaming up tea”
-don't worry Phil, I'm sure you've got the good wrist action where it counts

24:20 “But then I couldn’t get the rollerskates off my feet. I don’t know how they do it, it was some kind of ridiculous mechanism where there was some kind of clip that I didn’t understand how to work. So I had literally Dan and Anthony trying to pull it off my leg while loads of people were looking at us like ‘what is happening over there, he’s trapped in his boots’”
“This was so embarrassing. They had like some cool dudes who were in charge of all the rollerblades and I had to go up to them and say ‘I can’t get my rollerblade off’ and the guy literally had to pull it off my foot, it was so embarrassing. That was a low moment of the day.”

25:55 (chat) Did you do any stunts
“No. Dan, Anthony, and Joe and Caspar were like 10 times faster than me, so like Mario Kart, they just kept lapping round me”
26:20 (chat) It looked like Dan and Anthony were gonna have to amputate
“I know! My poor legs”
Miscellaneous
1:23 (re: YT event) “I haven’t been that social in a long time. It was lots of socializing. But good socializing. As an introvert, I still enjoy socializing. Or am I an ambivert? We never really found out what I am, I don’t think I fit in one of those boxes.”

10:32 “[Day 2] was a big day of chats, so you go down into this “confidential room”, so no one’s allowed to snapchat in there or anything, you’ve just got to listen to the talks, which I really appreciated actually, ‘cause I didn’t want everyone to be like filming the whole thing. It was just like a chill vibe.”
-talks/illuminati initiation orgies... potato/potahto

30:30 (chat) What do you think about [twitter going up to 280 characters]
“Yeah, I’m not a fan of it.”
-I await in terror the day Dan shitposts double the gibberish. It’s coming.

32:30 (chat) What did you have for breakfast in Spain?
-STOP ENABLING HIM. I bet his fav character from Breaking Bad was Walt Jr and I also bet this is a totally original joke.

33:50 (chat) Do you miss the tour?
“Yes, I do miss the tour! It was so fun. It was a great time. I was very exhausted at the end, but I feel like I’ve recharged now. I’m no longer the before and after picture of Obama”

36:37 “Sorry I keep playing with my fringe, I think I need a haircut again; Fabrice did not cut enough off. Was he even cutting my hair? I swear it was like last week [I’ve had?] a haircut. Maybe it’s a scam just so I get more haircuts.”
-#firefabrice2017

37:00 (chat) Say something in French for science
“Bonjour, je m’appelle Philip, uh, j’habite a Londres.. (laughs) I’m not saying any more”
-hey at least it's better than his Spanish

37:36 (chat) You should do more ditty memes
“No, I should never do any ditty memes. They are the worst. And I finally got it out of my head so I don’t want to do it anymore”
-flashes back to one thicc foam from literally 20 minutes ago, he doesn't even know he's doing it, we've lost him

38:40 (posting Sims vid tomorrow) “So if you have not checked out the gaming channel, go give it a check it out, ‘cause we’ve got this virtual child called Dil and you can witness his adventures and live vicariously through them”

40:00 (chat) Got any Halloween baking ideas yet?
“That’s if we’re doing Halloween baking, I mean, it’s never a given, but I haven’t thought about it yet. I don’t think that far in advance, do you think I plan things?”
-well 1. didn’t they say the same thing last year and look what we got at the last minute and 2. if they do pumpkin carving instead I won’t riot about no baking MAYBE. bonus points if they carve the pumpkins on Phil’s bed just for the absurdity

40:50 (chat) Talk about Louise and the collab
“I don’t know when it’s coming out” ~soon
-honestly I’d be more interested in watching them discuss pumpkin innards than anything to do with uteri. I anticipate a cringe fest and I Do Not Want
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 13 times :whiskers:
~13/44 mins = 0.29 per min
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 am2:00 “We got [to the airport] way too early. Me and Dan were just like ‘what do we do with all this time’. I think we went in every airport shop about 17 times, and we smelled all the fragrances until I got really dizzy
-imagine if he had only smelled half the fragrances and what could have been..
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

So uh this was uploaded just a few hours ago by a youtuber named mac and he literally starts the video by saying he had this idea first and three days after he posted the initial tweet, phil posted the same thing.
But all and all, it was pretty funny and it makes me even more hyped for Phil's video! While Mac's was him just picking out whatever he saw first and just laughed trying it on, I'm pretty sure Phil's is going to be even funnier because he doesn't even know what's coming. im expecting dan to have ordered him some kind of furry outfit tbh
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
smol beans
squish

confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:45 am
So uh this was uploaded just a few hours ago by a youtuber named mac and he literally starts the video by saying he had this idea first and three days after he posted the initial tweet, phil posted the same thing.
But all and all, it was pretty funny and it makes me even more hyped for Phil's video! While Mac's was him just picking out whatever he saw first and just laughed trying it on, I'm pretty sure Phil's is going to be even funnier because he doesn't even know what's coming. im expecting dan to have ordered him some kind of furry outfit tbh
i thought the trend was going on for quite some time now, in all different types of variations; sure, both phil and mac used their twitter audience to pick their outfits but other youtubers like safiya nygaard as an example, went out to the mall and let strangers pick outfits for her at the actual store. it's so hard to say who started what trend at this point because the style of it changes. i also really like videos like this where they have a limited price range and they let strangers pick out an outfit spending just $20 to $50 only.

i'm imaging dan and phil actually going outside with a vlog camera and asking strangers to pick outfits for them that have no idea who they are and laughing to myself about it :D
:garbage:
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
sparkle
blobfish

fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 am 30:30 (chat) What do you think about [twitter going up to 280 characters]
“Yeah, I’m not a fan of it.”
-I await in terror the day Dan shitposts double the gibberish. It’s coming.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 am40:00 (chat) Got any Halloween baking ideas yet?
“That’s if we’re doing Halloween baking, I mean, it’s never a given, but I haven’t thought about it yet. I don’t think that far in advance, do you think I plan things?”
-well 1. didn’t they say the same thing last year and look what we got at the last minute and 2. if they do pumpkin carving instead I won’t riot about no baking MAYBE. bonus points if they carve the pumpkins on Phil’s bed just for the absurdity.
you know, i cried a little bit while watching him produce glitter slime on his bed instead, say, a table, but i would so be here for him embracing the absurdity and putting out a series of increasingly odd videos to be filmed on his bed.
pumpkin carving: they complain about not being able to "get there" properly 95% of the time. pumpkin gets everywhere. phil wipes his hands on his sheets, dan is appalled.
christmas baking: both of them sit on the edge of the bed with a bowl in their lap. whenever heating, cooling, or baking is involved, there's just a "15 minutes later" overlay. dan accidentally gets egg on phil's bed and is appalled.
DYING MY HAIR: you know, i was going to suggest that, but then i remembered that he actually did #that already. maybe he could do a hair routine video instead where he washes his hair in a kitchen bowl.
phil plays shelter 2: but it's on his macbook and he's sitting on his bed. he's using dapgo as a mousepad.
christmas glitter beard diy: phil continues to fulfill my dreams of producing that sweet jennamarblesque content and grows a beard, then puts glitter on it while sitting on his bed. oqua uploads a "dan rants about glitter in the washing machine for five minutes straight" after his next liveshow.
WE'RE MOVING OUT PT 2: the first part of it is filmed on phil's bed in the old apartment, the second one on his bed in the new apartment. it'd be a hard-mode spot the difference game if the drawers weren't a different shade of wood.
WE GOT A DOG: the dog doesn't understand the concept of being filmed and pees on phil's bed. dan is appalled.
thank's you were great
citizen_erased
truth bomb

lurker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:24 am
fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:56 am40:00 (chat) Got any Halloween baking ideas yet?
-well 1. didn’t they say the same thing last year and look what we got at the last minute and 2. if they do pumpkin carving instead I won’t riot about no baking MAYBE. bonus points if they carve the pumpkins on Phil’s bed just for the absurdity.
you know, i cried a little bit while watching him produce glitter slime on his bed instead, say, a table, but i would so be here for him embracing the absurdity and putting out a series of increasingly odd videos to be filmed on his bed.
pumpkin carving: they complain about not being able to "get there" properly 95% of the time. pumpkin gets everywhere. phil wipes his hands on his sheets, dan is appalled.
christmas baking: both of them sit on the edge of the bed with a bowl in their lap. whenever heating, cooling, or baking is involved, there's just a "15 minutes later" overlay. dan accidentally gets egg on phil's bed and is appalled.
DYING MY HAIR: you know, i was going to suggest that, but then i remembered that he actually did #that already. maybe he could do a hair routine video instead where he washes his hair in a kitchen bowl.
phil plays shelter 2: but it's on his macbook and he's sitting on his bed. he's using dapgo as a mousepad.
christmas glitter beard diy: phil continues to fulfill my dreams of producing that sweet jennamarblesque content and grows a beard, then puts glitter on it while sitting on his bed. oqua uploads a "dan rants about glitter in the washing machine for five minutes straight" after his next liveshow.
WE'RE MOVING OUT PT 2: the first part of it is filmed on phil's bed in the old apartment, the second one on his bed in the new apartment. it'd be a hard-mode spot the difference game if the drawers weren't a different shade of wood.
WE GOT A DOG: the dog doesn't understand the concept of being filmed and pees on phil's bed. dan is appalled.
:rofl:

I highly approve of all of this, although I do wonder what absurd item he'd come up with for a "kitchen bowl" for the hair washing, considering his idea of a cereal bowl and a drinking glass. Would he have a bucket? A kiddie pool? Drag around an actual sink? :shrug:
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

citizen_erased wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:52 am

I highly approve of all of this, although I do wonder what absurd item he'd come up with for a "kitchen bowl" for the hair washing, considering his idea of a cereal bowl and a drinking glass. Would he have a bucket? A kiddie pool? Drag around an actual sink? :shrug:
:lol: a good and valid point that also inspired me to add THROWING MY DOG A POOL PARTY but the pool is on phil's bed to the list
thank's you were great
onetruetrash
blobfish

smol beans wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 am
confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:45 am
i thought the trend was going on for quite some time now, in all different types of variations; sure, both phil and mac used their twitter audience to pick their outfits but other youtubers like safiya nygaard as an example, went out to the mall and let strangers pick outfits for her at the actual store. it's so hard to say who started what trend at this point because the style of it changes. i also really like videos like this where they have a limited price range and they let strangers pick out an outfit spending just $20 to $50 only.

i'm imaging dan and phil actually going outside with a vlog camera and asking strangers to pick outfits for them that have no idea who they are and laughing to myself about it :D
:garbage:

Yeah, this trend has bee going on for a while now. Emma Blackery did one where she lets her dad pick out her outfits.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

lurker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am
citizen_erased wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:52 am

:lol: a good and valid point that also inspired me to add THROWING MY DOG A POOL PARTY but the pool is on phil's bed to the list
:lol: :lol: that's a great addition. Also don't forget the glitter that's everywhere for some unknown reason, including on the dog and Dan.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

jdhkdh this made me laugh so much - don't forget 'A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil in: Phil's bedroom', we're due a ditl any minute now, it'd be very timely :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

captainspacecoat wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 am
jdhkdh this made me laugh so much - don't forget 'A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil in: Phil's bedroom', we're due a ditl any minute now, it'd be very timely :lol:
I started writing how that DITL could work out (starting with Phil trying to make coffee on the bed by balancing the kettle on the sheets and spilling coffee powder everywhere) but then it quickly became a crack fic and I remembered I'm pretty terrible at writing. Why don't we have a fanfic prompt thread?`We have some many talented writers here!
alch
ar·tic·u·late

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:29 am I started writing how that DITL could work out (starting with Phil trying to make coffee on the bed by balancing the kettle on the sheets and spilling coffee powder everywhere) but then it quickly became a crack fic and I remembered I'm pretty terrible at writing. Why don't we have a fanfic prompt thread?`We have some many talented writers here!
We do need a fic prompt thread!
Also I wish I could write so I could try to figure out how that would turn out
citizen_erased
truth bomb

alch wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:37 am
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:29 am I started writing how that DITL could work out (starting with Phil trying to make coffee on the bed by balancing the kettle on the sheets and spilling coffee powder everywhere) but then it quickly became a crack fic and I remembered I'm pretty terrible at writing. Why don't we have a fanfic prompt thread?`We have some many talented writers here!
I have something really scary to do first (have to call a company where I had a job interview but they haven't called me back yet, so my social anxiety is at maximum peak rn :cry: ), and I'm not a super good writer, but I'm willing to give this a try later today? Could be a fun little writing practice.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

citizen_erased wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:13 pm
I have something really scary to do first (have to call a company where I had a job interview but they haven't called me back yet, so my social anxiety is at maximum peak rn :cry: ), and I'm not a super good writer, but I'm willing to give this a try later today? Could be a fun little writing practice.
a) Good luck with the call! I'll cross my fingers for you.
b) omg yes please write it
autumnhearth
senpai

lurker & company, thanks for the laugh this morning!

I know this isn't the thread for it, but since both fic and DITL were just mentioned, if you aren't reading 'A Year in the Life' drop everything (okay not everything, maintain your responsibility). It is my favorite series right now and is fulfilling all my realistic domestic deppy needs. The dialogue is spot on, it's not an AU (it just takes place two years in the future) and there is no smut. Everything you read is what is filmed. It's brilliant. :love2:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11924 ... s/26950893

Good luck citizen!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Louis teased an exciting collab "next week" at the end of her video today. I think she posts on Monday, so I guess we have deppy to look forward to in a few days.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 pm
citizen_erased wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:13 pm
a) Good luck with the call! I'll cross my fingers for you.
b) omg yes please write it
a) thanks! They just informed me that a former employee also applied for the job so they're letting me know what the next step is on monday (my bet is on 'we're hiring our former employee soz lol')
b) I really need cheering up and something to distract me so uh, I have a file open already. Give me a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll get it done before the new Sims video tonight but no promises.

In other news: new sims! Dil's birthday! (I think?) Phil did say we're getting it tonight, right? I'm looking forward to it, always love the sims videos <3
fancybum
senpai

I'm excited for Sims today? Event episodes, as predictable as it all is by now, are still more fun because D&P are more focused and in plan/goal mode. Plus decorations and party hats.

Hm, Dil's birthday.. birthdays in general.. cake.....
I'm not saying I demand to see the cake scene but I'm saying that I demand to see the cake scene. Or see them recreate it. For Dil. All for Dil. :cake:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me