when/how did y'all first get into the phandom??

You can make your first post here!
goodbants
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: when/how did y'all first get into the phandom??

Post by goodbants » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:06 am

I've just made an account to this site although I've known about Dan and Phil since the end of 2012/beginning of 2013. The first ever video I watched was Phil's My American Accent. It was recommended to me after I watched Charlie McDonnell's vid where he did an American accent. It's funny, I remember being really confused at first, probably cause I was a dumb 13 year old, but I couldn't tell if Dan and Phil were British and pretending to put on an American accent or if they were actually American and faking an English accent lol.

I became absolutely fascinated with them. They shaped my adolescence, in a way. They showed me the world of tumblr, which I'm slightly less addicted to than I was 5 years ago. I was kind of a copycat when I first discovered them and listened to Muse, MCR, and went through an emo phase just cause of them.

I'll go long periods of following them really closely and then following them casually. I saw TATINOF in 2016 and didn't follow them as closely after that. Recently I've been struggling with depression so I find myself gravitating to them more to help me feel better. I'm so proud of them and I'm thankful that they exist. It's just recently I got as into the Phandom as I was when I was 13/14. I'm almost 20 now. It takes me back in time. There's something so comforting about returning to a fandom, knowing that it still exists and is still thriving, and there are still people who love and adore these emo nerds as much as I do. I love them with all my heart ❤️
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:

nurikii
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: she/her

Post by nurikii » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Hello! I actually found dnp because I'm an avid fanfic reader. Sometimes when I'm bored of my current fandoms I read other AU fics of other fandoms even when I don't know who the characters are. And that's how I found dnp. I was aware of them but I didn't watch them at first, well I didn't really watch vlogers at all actually. I was searching for some new fics and searched the reality show AU tag on AO3 (i think?) n there they are. and then I googled them to get general impression and there I was, reading AU phanfics. After that I read their TV tropes and got more curious and watched their videos and got hooked! I genuinely like watching them now, and the abundance of quality phanfics here doesn't hurt too. :D I was just a lurker, but I really enjoyed reading theories and reactions of everyone here. People are just so nice and respectful.

anushwa
phillion/danosaur <//3

Post by anushwa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 am

i like other cool kids was super into parody music videos and youtubers like nicepeter? and the key of awesome and stuff. I think i just happened to stumble upon dan's videos and got sucked in. Later i even found out that he had a supernote team! meanwhile i was supporting nicepeter's team lol.

I started watching loads of their videos and superamazingproject and what not. And oh god, The radio. I used to stay up till 12:30 am when their stupid radio show would begin and stay up (on a school night smh) for it and liveblog it on tumblr. I didn't even have a laptop then so i could only listen to it on my phone! As for "phan" i think tumblr won me over? at first it started off as jokes about them being together (which i found kind of fun, the phandom is funny) and then i read a few fics and suddenly got hit with the thought that "This Could Totally Happen. In fact there's no way for me to know it's not happening Right Now!" and since then i've been fairly in love with the concept of them in love (even if it is only platonic, it's lovely) <3

@nurikii funnily enough, that's how i got into the bbc merlin fandom! the modern AU fics were like fully different from the show and SO Good oh god. I still love the fics and it's unbelievable but the fandom is still alive! Though the show isn't.
"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"

dc34
drama llama

Post by dc34 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello!

I first saw deppy on youtubers react back in 2013 but never checked in on them. A year later, I then went on a binge of youtubers reacting to reactors reacting to them, and I discovered them. So, my first video was Dan and Phil react to Teens react to Dan and Phil. I liked their personalities so i binged all of Dan's videos first since I was on his channel , and found them hilarious, then I binged Phil's. I joined the phandom when I was 14 and im now 20 so its been a long ride. Actually when I first went to college I stopped watching since I got busy, but this year youtube recommended me GTPWTW and I fell back in the hole again, thats how powerful that video was. I bought the ii tickets and caught up on what I had missed for the past 2 years and now im back and more trash than ever :garbage: