I have reached my existential crisis

You can make your first post here!
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Hey there! :) My name's Hannah and I've been part of the phandom for a solid six years now. I have something I want to share and I didn't know what the appropriate forum to post it in would be, so I'll post it here.

I have been watching since I was 13 and now I'm almost 20! (my god time flies). I want to share a very important milestone I've reached in my life. You know Dan's vid, College Dropout, where he talks about the inevitable fate of having to decide what the hell to do with your life while society tries to push you down a carefully formulated path and crush all your dreams? Little did my 13 year old self know at the time of first watching that video that it is real and relatable as heck!! Alas, I have made it. I am the same age as 2011 Dan. Honestly I never thought this day would come.

I'm not where I want to be in life right now. There are so many things I want to change about myself, and honestly, sometimes it just seems impossible. Sometimes it feels like I've dug myself so deep in a ditch that's impossible to get out of, that there is no hope. Then, I look at Dan. Dan, who once stated that he hates everything about himself. Dan, who is world famous and brings smiles to millions of people's faces. Dan, sweet, precious, Dan, who I have adored and idolized for years, was once a depressed 20 year old just like me.

And yet, somehow, he was able to completely reinvent himself. I don't know how, but it somehow gives me hope that I can, too. The words he says in his vids The Meaning of Life, College Dropout, and Living My Truth hit me straight in the gut. I know they are true, I just have to live by them. I have to because Dan told me to. Thank you, Dan. You have helped me and so many people and you deserve the world :love2:
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Hello and :welcome: ! I loved reading your introduction, it's so sweet--and inspiring! :lilheart:

I'm sure you will be able to grow and change many of the things you want to change about yourself. In the meantime, bring your old-timer's perspective and join in the bants! :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."