Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
shalini00
placenta

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
oqua wrote:
majitzu wrote:
shalini00 wrote:Hi everyone, trying to break out of 2-3 years of lurking! A little afraid of doing this, ngl.

Well anyway:
-I'm a 20 year old uni student (boring I know)
-I'm bisexual and only a very very very select handful of people know
-I started watching Phil in 2009
-I met Dan and Phil at a VIP Playlist Live party last February before I lurked much on GG. I didn't really know about Dan yet, and I went straight up to Phil and asked for a selfie because I am shameless, but I totally blanked Dan and made an ass out of myself.
-I have never ridden a rollercoaster because they scare the shit out of me
-I think I'm addicted to this fandom an unhealthy amount, but I love some of the people within it!
Wait how is possible to don't know Dan if you have been watching Phil since 2009?

:welcome:
Haha I'd like to know more about this as well. Also, what was Dan's reaction? :lol:
And Phil's (it's the "after" I'd pay to have seen though, ngl!) :lol:
Haha well I wasn't a regular watcher of him as I dipped in and out of youtube "culture" for a while, but the first video of his that I saw was AmazingJason. I knew who Dan was, and I'm pretty sure I watched one or two of his older videos, but I was always just an occasional viewer of Phil during high school and only vaguely knew about the huge fandom that was shipping them.

But anyway, I'd seen them all night at the party (who wouldn't, their heads were towering above the crowd) and when I went up to them they were in line to refill their alcoholic drinks and I just tapped on Phil's shoulder. They both turned around but I just asked Phil for a selfie and promptly walked away after thanking him(it was 3 AM in my defense). Never got a chance to see Dan's reaction, he may not have really cared tbh. After Playlist I felt pretty bad about it and decided to look into them more and that was when I discovered the website-that-shall-not-be-named.

All I remember besides that interaction is that they stayed in the corners of the party huddled together with Cat for most of the night and rarely mingled with anyone else.

Pretty boring (albeit embarrassing for me) story guys, sorry! :?
ritaks
not a first-time poster

Well, I'm a true lurker (always have been, never contributed in any forums that I've read) but decided to give this a try, so here we go.
- The first fandom that I've ever been in is HP and the books (not the films :/) will always be a very important part of my life (my ships are Hermione/Ron, Harry/Ginny, Rose/Scorpius, Sirius/Remus and Dean/Luna)
- I'm 23 y.o. and never had a boyfriend. I'm just really not motivated to be in a relationship. Sometimes I think that this just can't be normal....
- English is not my first language and the reason that I've been lurking past year (since gg) is that I'm very insecure about my english. And what is a point to write your thoughts down if you can't present them correctly?
- My biggest fear is to say smth stupid, which is pretty stupid itself so... yeah :)
I always enjoy your discussions on Dan and Phil and while I don't always agree (which is natural) I like the tone of discussion that is set in the threads. Thank you :)))
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

ritaks wrote: - I'm 23 y.o. and never had a boyfriend. I'm just really not motivated to be in a relationship. Sometimes I think that this just can't be normal....
- English is not my first language and the reason that I've been lurking past year (since gg) is that I'm very insecure about my english. And what is a point to write your thoughts down if you can't present them correctly?
There's nothing wrong with not being in a relationship or wanting to be in a relationship, degrees of aromanticism and asexuality are things that are perfectly normal.

Also your English seems just fine! Many of us who speak English as a native language fuck things up regularly when trying to express our thoughts too ;)
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
septemus
not a first-time poster

Making a reply here so I can post a link. Hi all.
ritaks
not a first-time poster

adequack, thanks :) It's one of those things that your brain knows but sometimes u just feel weird :?
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

in those times of intense boredom I took the sorting tests on pottermore. As usual I am pretty late to the party (like years late, in my very own fashion) because though I read the books and absolutely loved them, I never got into the films and the fandom... But anyways, I got sorted into Slytherin and my wand is this: Ash, Phoenix feather, 12 ½", Unyielding. I gotta say I got pretty surprised to be in Slytherin but after reading the description I am ok with it.

What were everybody's houses again and what do you think of it??
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

Gryffindor, and I just let a 13¼" Vine wood wand with a unicorn hair core, and rigid flexibility choose me. :D

Either can't or don't want to argue with any of that, seems to fit me(!)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

I took the test a while back and was all "I want to be Ravenclaw or Gryffindor!" so of course the Pottermore sorting hat was all "Dude you are either a Hufflepuff or a Slytherin." The final decision was Slytherin, which I think is hilarious.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
mez29
procrastinator

Every test I've ever taken has made me a Ravenclaw, although during my "random phase" I liked to call myself a Slytherin for some reason. (slytherin is the random house? idk) My wand is apparently 10¾ inches, alder, unicorn core, unyielding, whatever that's supposed to say about me.
daphenaxa
blobfish

mez29 apparently you are very loveable and helpful :) and IckleMissMayhem seeks a "greater purpose".

adequack , hello house-mate :D
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

daphenaxa wrote:mez29 apparently you are very loveable and helpful :) and IckleMissMayhem seeks a "greater purpose".

adequack , hello house-mate :D
Well, if someone could let me know exactly what that greater purpose is, let me know, mmmkay? :lol:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Ravenclaw & elderwood with a phoenix feather core, 12 1/4 inches and unyielding flexibility :lol: make of that what you will
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
icklebrina
living flop

I always assumed I was a Ravenclaw, but apparently not (I'm also late to the party)!

Slytherin. Elm wood with a pheonix core 10 3/4" and a hard flexibility.
daphenaxa
blobfish

everyone's wand seems to be hard i wonder if it means something
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Thought I would post mine! I love how everyone is different

Hufflepuff (never any doubt). Willow with a phoenix feather core. 11" and slighty yielding flexibility.

Tbh reading what it all means. It is completely correct especially Willow wood!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
majitzu
angel bean

First pottermore test put me on Hufflepuff, then this year I take it again and now I'm a slytherin... My wand: Black Walnut wood with a Dragon heartstring core 12 ½" and Unyielding flexibility
mez29
procrastinator

daphenaxa wrote:mez29 apparently you are very loveable and helpful :) and IckleMissMayhem seeks a "greater purpose".
Ha, interesting. I'll admit that those are not first on the list of positive attributes I'd consider myself to have.
daphenaxa wrote:everyone's wand seems to be hard i wonder if it means something
:lol:
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hi guys! I just spent the past 3 hours or so scrolling through the D&P discussion Part 4 (I have no idea why this particular part either and cannot remember how I stumbled upon it???) and decided oh heck why not just join this forum.

So about me, I'm a 20 year old heterosexual Asian girl. I'm pretty insecure about my opinions and get swayed really easily so I hope I'd have the guts to actually have some discussions here? Though I'm constantly caught between states of "oh I love these guys for entertaining me" and "oh my gosh I'm going to graduate from university in 2 years what am I doing with my life" so... let's see how long my dedication to this forum holds out?

(I have to admit it was probably discussion on Phil's filtered persona on tipsy talks that really gave me the final shove to join this forum since I've been thinking about it and it's been bothering me for a while now and I'D REALLY WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT if I can feel coherent enough to form some opinions and defend them.)

On the topic of Hogwarts houses, I'm a Ravenclaw although I really identify with the loyalty of Gryffindors, but I guess my inner nerd that enjoys watching science videos on Youtube shone through too much. I cannot remember my wand specs but I remember the core being phoenix feather and I was really happy about that (I don't mean to offend anyone but don't dragon heartstrings sound like a really icky thing to have in a wand???).
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

districthirteen - Hello there lovely, "3rd year and just f-d up my ability to graduate this year" here. You'll fit right in with the existential crisis crew and middleaged nose pervs,
welcome! :platonic:
districthirteen wrote: I'm pretty insecure about my opinions and get swayed really easily so I hope I'd have the guts to actually have some discussions here?
Common problem. I go from Phan agnostic to Phan believer mid-post so...

We are actually phancoholics here who are trying to recover but they give us just enough to keep us hooked. (and when they don't, we just talk about dogs, houses, polyarmory and stuff).

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

DryCereal
koi pond

Anonymousse wrote:districthirteen - Hello there lovely, "3rd year and just f-d up my ability to graduate this year" here. You'll fit right in with the existential crisis crew and middleaged nose pervs,
districthirteen wrote: I'm pretty insecure about my opinions and get swayed really easily so I hope I'd have the guts to actually have some discussions here?

We are actually phancoholics here who are trying to recover but they give us just enough to keep us hooked. (and when they don't, we just talk about dogs, houses, polyarmory and stuff).
And the logistics of bus and mi-cro-wave sex. Don't forget those.

Welcome districthirteen
iero
phabergé

i've always been slytherin every time i've taken the test
i've only just took the wand test it's acacia wood with a unicorn hair core, 12 ¼" and brittle flexibility :D
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Hi I guess I'm going to post here! I've been lurking on GG for a while and got redirected here.
Been a fan of D & P for 6 years!

- I'm in the middle of an existential crisis where I don't know what I want to do what I want to study or if I really wanna do this whole Pre-Law thing and go to law school.
- Mixed Asian that always gets the questions "what are you" "where are you really from"
- I was really into anime/manga and Japanese stuff in general before this. But still am.
- The first video I saw of AmazingPhil I saw was his toxic video which made me cry, I actually went to one of my parents and started crying.
- I've been very unsure of my sexuality when I was growing up and still am. I grew up always in religious schooling and environment. I identify as being asexual but not quite sure on my romantic orientation. I've had bad experiences telling people I'm asexual. I've gotten a lot of, "You're too pretty to be asexual. You haven't found the right person. It's just a phase." comments which makes me very uncomfortable.
- My Mother wants me to be a famous youtuber. Thanks Mom.
- I have one friend who likes D & P but she's very hardcore pro-Phil.
- I'm a ravenclaw but pottermore said I was a gryffindor.
- I still have the biggest crush on Dan Howell. I'm not even afraid to say it anymore.
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:districthirteen - Hello there lovely, "3rd year and just f-d up my ability to graduate this year" here. You'll fit right in with the existential crisis crew and middleaged nose pervs,

And the logistics of bus and mi-cro-wave sex. Don't forget those.

Welcome districthirteen
Aww thanks guys! You just have to say mi-cro-wave, and I'll totally be there.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

lol I'm not new to this forum at all, but hey, no harm in doing this (since I never got around to doing it when I first signed up)

-The first fandom I really got into was for the Anne of Green Gables series, when I was about nine or ten. I still love it, and the books especially will always have a place very close to my heart.
-I got Dan and Phil mixed up when I first came across them on YouTube. :gg: I don't really have an explanation for this, except that I was subscribed to Carrie Hope Fletcher at the time, watched her Twelve Days of Christmas videos and somehow got D&P muddled in my mind? Whenever I watched a video of one, a video of the other was always recommended. Deffo the same person :facepalm: (please note that I realised pretty quickly!)
-I started off as vaguely anti-phan and now am almost certainly a phan shipper.
bee
phabergé

I like reading all of these

- Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff here. Took the test multiple times and it's about 50%/50%. So maybe in that case the hat can make me choose. Which is fitting for my personality since I can't decide on anything and hate making decisions.
- My first fandom was the Guano Apes fandom when I was 13. Sandra Nasić was my hero (okay, I had a huge crush on her).
- I'm happy to read more people not having English as their first language