Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
Amelie
delia smith

I really wish actual getting to know you things were like this. This is hilarious

My personal list of facts about myself :

-I'm very picky when it comes to fanfiction. I hate overly fluffy/short/lacking in plot development fics. I will literally only read it if it is decent in length and actually has a captivating storyline. As soon as it gets too sappy I'm out

-Never get me started talking about my favourite tv shows. I will never stop, and can guaratee I can talk longer than you (examples include Game of Thrones, the walking dead etc.)

-I hate staying out past like 8pm. I actively avoid evening events for this reason

-I have an unhealthy obsession with doge. Every single doge meme is hilarious to me
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

CallMeAyana wrote: -..I shipped Filthy Frank and iDubbbz. DON'T ASK ME.
Please do elaborate.
manicpixiedreamgirl wrote:I'm gay.

Dan with wavy hair makes me question my sexuality.
Apparently this is a fairly common "problem".
Amelie wrote:
-I have an unhealthy obsession with doge. Every single doge meme is hilarious to me
Same, but prepare to being bullied :( , Some people get it, others don't.

Anyways, welcome.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Anonymousse wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote: -..I shipped Filthy Frank and iDubbbz. DON'T ASK ME.
Please do elaborate.
Oh.. about this.. Ah.. Just, if you watched the.. Hair Cake vid.. I think Filthy Frank first kissed maxmoefoe, then iDubbbz commented that "what are you, gay?" towards Filthy Frank, and.. Frank kissed him, and you can see that iDubbbz kinda puckered out his lips for Frank to kiss, so..
Well, they're two attractive guys (I find them attractive, anyways), and they kissed, so.. why not ship them? The FF Fandom is already as bad as it is, so why not just make it a little bit worse? :lol:

On a side note, I just realized this about myself:
I'm.. I just recently found out that I can't exactly fit myself into society's box when it comes to my sexuality, so.. :?
hannah
butt chair

Look what the garbage man brought in today!
Hello everyone, I've been hesitating to make an account because I never actually give any relevant input. I would like to get more involved though simply because I find the community of IDB lovely.
So to start off my first post, here are some facts about me.

*I constantly sketch and doodle things with my drawing tablet but I never post anything so I'm just slowly building up a giant folder of regret. Now all that's left is 10 years from now where I've hopefully improved and can then cringe at the horrible, messy clusters of scribbly lines.

*I was born on Valentine's Day, which is both a blessing and a curse to me. The curse is that anybody I want to hang out with on that day are usually busy with their partners or family and I'm left home sobbing into a soggy cake topped off with melting ice cream. The good part about it though is that even if I'm extremely lonely and lack any close friends, I still get pretty gifts, chocolates and cards.

*I spend at least 70% of my time being upset about how messed up the political system is. A good word to describe me would be 'malcontent,' a word my mother taught me when I would rant to her over the phone. She may have had too strong of an influence on me though, now I'm a cynical conspiracy-theory-obsessed government-hating trash bin.

*Im in love with astrology and the concept of it, also probably due to my mother. I'm an Aquarius like Phil and I've always found it interesting that my brother, best friend(online) and Dan are all geminis that remind me of each other. I don't know if it's their personalities or their looks but whatever it is, im strangely attracted to it. (not in a romantic way)
I'm just gonna end the post here because it's really extra and I should probably stop typing out paragraphs in the dark. Rest in fringe, 20/20 vision.

tl;dr im a dork
spider
ar·tic·u·late

hannah wrote:Look what the garbage man brought in today!
:welcome: Good introduction. You will fit right in this trash dump.
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Well, fuck it, I gave up on lying to myself: I am Phan trash and I really want to get involved So hello :)

Here are some things about me I won't usually admit:

- I dream of being an author but I never finished anything, except for like two crappy short stories. I have a million ideas in my head and no motivation or talent to write a book. That's the secret, subconscious reason I'll study English and German Studies soon, I hope it'll help me in some way.
- Sometimes I hate everyone around me (including family & friends) because they can be sooo problematic. They are all nice people, but they don't seem to understand. And they act as if I never told them that I am bisexual, which hurts a lot.
- Studying in a different city might be the worst decision I've ever made. I really wanted to leave, but mainly because I want to run away from myself and that's impossible. Now I'm worried what it'll be like to live in a city with no friends and family and instead having a stranger (who seems nice, but still) as a flatmate. I'm horrified :?
pulvis et umbra sumus
mio
#relatable

Just realized I've never done this and this thread is so much fun to read!

- my first "fandom" activity was posting and chatting in the pokemon corner of a kids site when I was 11. I recently re-used the very first nickname (which is a pun on my name and a pokemon) I had there for my pokemon go account. I feel like my internet history has come full circle. (unrelated to this friends started calling me this nickname a few years ago but I never told anyone I actually used it before on my own :lol: )

- when I watch a lot of content from a single youtuber I tend to adopt their patterns of speech (mostly in my head when I'm talking to myself. Oh yeah I'm talking to myself a lot. In english. Which is not my first language)

- since somebody else mentioned astrology: when I found out that I share Dan's birthday I had a minor heart attack because I have always related to his personality so much it's almost scary. And I don't even believe in astrology. Or at least I try not to.

- I still hope the european tour will happen because I dont know any Deppy fans IRL and it would be a great excuse to meet some of you guys
nephilimcat wrote: - Studying in a different city might be the worst decision I've ever made. I really wanted to leave, but mainly because I want to run away from myself and that's impossible. Now I'm worried what it'll be like to live in a city with no friends and family and instead having a stranger (who seems nice, but still) as a flatmate. I'm horrified :?
Don't worry! I felt the same when I moved to another city after school. It's weird at first, and I felt lonely for the first few months but it will be fine in the end! I think the best thing about moving away is being forced to break with all your old habits and be more open and try new things/meet new people. Good luck!!!
...und jetzt bin ich neugierig in welche stadt du gezogen bist
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
nephilimcat
woodland creature

mio wrote: - when I watch a lot of content from a single youtuber I tend to adopt their patterns of speech (mostly in my head when I'm talking to myself. Oh yeah I'm talking to myself a lot. In english. Which is not my first language)
Omg, this happens to me all the time :lol:
mio wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: - Studying in a different city might be the worst decision I've ever made. I really wanted to leave, but mainly because I want to run away from myself and that's impossible. Now I'm worried what it'll be like to live in a city with no friends and family and instead having a stranger (who seems nice, but still) as a flatmate. I'm horrified :?
Don't worry! I felt the same when I moved to another city after school. It's weird at first, and I felt lonely for the first few months but it will be fine in the end! I think the best thing about moving away is being forced to break with all your old habits and be more open and try new things/meet new people. Good luck!!!
...und jetzt bin ich neugierig in welche stadt du gezogen bist
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that your experiences were good, I really hope it will be the same for me.
Es ist übrigens Bonn :mrgreen:
pulvis et umbra sumus
jaffacake
not a first-time poster

hello everyone
after years of watching d&p and lurking here, i've finally admitted to myself that i won't be leaving the trashcan any time soon, so i might as well join
some facts about me:
- I'm 20
- i dropped out of law school last semester (should've listened to Dan on that one) but i'm going to a different university this fall to study something entirely different. So this summer has been a emotional rollercoaster for me and trying to convince myself, that I make good life choices still not sure about that, but oh well
-no one in my real life would ever suspect that this is what I do in my spare time and I'm trying really hard to keep it that way. I just complain a lot about Youtube in real life. German Youtube is the worst, I cant help it
- I've never been a part of a 'fandom' before this one and have never been obsessed with something to this extent (fanfics and all that), before d&p came along. Still trying to figure out what it is about those two
-like other people in this thread, i really don't know when to comma in English, it's a problem, sorry!
just like mio, I don't think you need to worry! I was in a similiar position last year. It really helped me to attend as many stupid activities and orientation week and all that in the beginning as possible, and I found my people. Many, who start uni are in the same situation as you and it's quite easy to bond over that :)
...Bonn und die Uni sind echt super schön, gute Wahl! Du schaffst das
spider
ar·tic·u·late

jaffacake wrote:- I've never been a part of a 'fandom' before this one and have never been obsessed with something to this extent (fanfics and all that), before d&p came along. Still trying to figure out what it is about those two
Us too. :welcome:
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

well, ive been lurking for a while and ive finally given in and made an account so... hi, y'all seem nice i wanna get involved because i've been in the phandom for 5 years and never made any friends.

some things about me then, i guess:

- i have a weird obsession with glaciology and map projections, which you think would be a cool thing but mostly when i get passionate about these things it just freaks people out. i just like ice ok? and its really interesting to see how the shape of the continents is shown from the perspectives of different people in different eras. idk. at least i know geography was the right degree for me.

- at my secondary school my friendship group used to play this game where we would come up with the most obscure harry potter ship possible and search for m rated fanfiction on ff.n. this resulted in me being scarred by harry/firenze smut. oh god. my eyes.

- i secretly enjoy nobody knowing who my favourite bands are. i revel in being a hipster. ask me who d.i.d. are again, i love it.

- i'm bad at coming up with facts about myself.

- when i meet new people i try too hard to be funny, can you tell?
anthinacorona
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: honestly whatever

Hi! So, my name is *awkward pause + finger brackets* [ anthinacorona ]
sorry that must be the most overused joke on this website haha

Uhhh..? Here we go:
-I am allergic to formaldehyde + parabens (aka almost everything)
-Also why I dont wear any makeup^^
-I'm 1000% going to look back on this in a couple of days and cringe
-I'm highkey addicted to cartoons/anime, exercise, and eating
-I was tired of lurking on this forum and figured, why not join? I'm already trash
-I'm fairly new to the Phandom (I had watched quite a few of their videos before a couple of months ago, but was never super-invested)
- I missed my one chance to go to tatinof because I only started to get interested only a week or so after my friend offered me her extra ticket T-T

Ugh gotta post this before I erase this entire thing
I’m still waiting for my hogwarts letter to fly through the fireplace
spider
ar·tic·u·late

anthinacorona wrote:Hi! So, my name is *awkward pause + finger brackets* [ anthinacorona ]
sorry that must be the most overused joke on this website haha
It is not a very common joke on IDB. It is used more on Twitter.
:welcome:
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

Here we go

-hi i dont know how to talk to people
-sorry for dissapointing you
-i look and act straight but im gay

Thats it.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
hypothesised
phillion/danosaur <//3

i'm boring but some facts:
- i'm closet d+p trash
- i haven't watched a single anime or studio ghibli film... despite d+p constantly talking about those... lol soz
- on important documents i write 'remember REMEMBER' on the top page and every time i see it i am reminded of when dan licked the inside of his lip piercing and said that (very helpful in getting myself motivated!)
- i'm a creeper
yay
thank you for being brave
myselfandI
phillion/danosaur <//3

HI! I'm very shy, so I almost never post, but I figured I probably should introduce myself (Think of me as a friendly ghost)

Facts about me?

- I'm from Brasil (And no, I don't need Dan and Phil to come here, they could come on vacation tho, there's a lot of beautiful places to visit)
- I normally don't watch Youtubers, but I fell into the deep dark hole that's Phan, so here I'm.
- I love tv shows, writting and lurking
- Currently obsessing over Luke Cage...
- I have no gender, so no worries about what to call me, I'm anything you want me to be.

Yeah, That's about it. Now I can post without feeling bad for not introducing myself, I swear I'm usually not that rude! :thumb:
Don't come to Brasil, pay us to come to your country instead :thumb:
fakelights
living flop

myselfandI wrote: Facts about me?

- I'm from Brasil (And no, I don't need Dan and Phil to come here, they could come on vacation tho, there's a lot of beautiful places to visit)
Hello fellow brazilian who also wants nothing to do with Temer
iggy
phillion/danosaur <//3

hi!
uh here goes:
- i used to have a pet chicken named eglantine
- i'm bi
- i'm really into art history; it's my favorite thing to study
- i pretend i'm a beauty vlogger when i'm doing makeup in front of a mirror, and i've gotten caught twice
- i break everything i touch; my friends will go out of their way in order to avoid letting me help them carry something
- the choreography in many kpop music videos makes me sad cause i can't dance but also happy because it's really good

i think that's it
ccgs
phillion/danosaur <//3

long time lurker here! i've been in the phandom for 3 years which sounds really pathetic now that im typing it out yikes

fact's about me

-i am OBSESSED with the x files
- for some reason i used to hate d&p and the phandom in general
- i always say im gay even though i dont have a gender so im a mess basically
- i celebrate hanukkah AND christmas (i used to brag about that in school and it made every second grader jealous)

thats it tbh
Alizzay
not a first-time poster

Hi! I just made an account 5 mins ago after lurking for a few hours
So facts-
-I'm a bi girl, and I noticed I have a huge thing for blonde girls but besides that I'm not very picky and don't have a type, yet for guys I'm extremely pick and it takes double the time for me to develop feelings for them
-My first ever smut fic was Levi/Eren from Attack on Titan (I repress this a lot) (sorry, if you ship them)
-When I first started watching D&P I was low key homophobic and pretty grossed out that people shipped them, but I was 13 and that was years ago. I've grown a lot since then and am now an on/off believer in phan
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

Wow, ok here goes nothing.

- I pretend I have some kind of talent in the way of singing and dancing to make myself feel better that I can't.
- Found out that I was an unplanned kid. (Long story short, my mother thought she couldn't have kids due to her fallopian tubes not being wide enough to let eggs pass through or something.)
- I lowkey hate this friend of mine but I'm too scared to tell her in fear that she'll blow up completely
- To add to the people I hate list, I really hate my family for making me feel like less than I am constantly with the "You're useless", "Dumb", "Fat" etc.. comments

mmm so many secrets
(tbh theres probs heaps more)
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

basictrashfan

This scene from rick and morty, i will always remember summer finds out that she was an accident she thinks shes the reason of her parents failing marriage and tries to run away morty consoles her by saying inherently life has no meaning, nothing matters. you yourself give meaning to your life not your parents, friends, achievements. If borderline stalking 2 British boys makes you happy then go wild.

( I hope that made sense :P )
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

Skeletorsrighthand

It made perfect sense, don't worry! And thank you for showing me this clip, the message in it is really good for anyone and I've been meaning to watch Rick and Morty for ages and this has made me more eager to watch it. :D

(lol yep borderline stalking two british boys definitely makes me happy)
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
starwillow
dank meme

myselfandI wrote:HI! I'm very shy, so I almost never post, but I figured I probably should introduce myself (Think of me as a friendly ghost)
Same! :platonic:

I have been lurking here (and the bad place) for about a year and a half. I literally don't know how to forum because I never post anywhere! I really wanted to try and join in with all you lovely people. I tried to resist becoming total trash for , but here I am!
dannonfill
spork

hi all! I’d feel guilty if I was a 100% lurker forever so, hi.

-I've been watching D&P since 2011, very proud of where they are today :')
-youtube drama is my lifeblood, it keeps me healthy
-I am yet another bisexual, glad and kinda surprised to see how many of us there are here tbh
-I only have one non-LGBT friend in my group now, but I started out as the token bi friend when we all met. I stg we gravitate towards each other through subconscious gaydar
... let's talk about house plants.