Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
angrymob
hobbit hair

- I too am strangely attracted to female persona Dan.

- I probably already have a low-level crush on a hand-full of people on this forum just from reading your posts.

- I regret not getting more into Youtube when I first started watching. I knew some popular youtubers (popular for that time) irl, but I was too shy to ever talk to them or do something so outgoing as post videos. I probably would've had more friends if I had have, though.
daphenaxa wrote: - I have written A/B/O Larry fanfic
- I've probably read it. :|

EDIT: Godammit, top of the page. :?
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

So far I'm concluding that most people here are also Harry Potter/Doctor Who/Sherlock/GBBO fans and I'm loving it it's all very #relatable. Anyone an obsessive gilmore girls fan by any chance? Bit of a long shot probably :)
Very comforted that people are going through similar things to me that I couldn't talk to my irl friends about
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancybum wrote:
swofro wrote:
IzzySmi wrote:
fancybum wrote: (Yes I was deep into Sherlock at the time that I rescued her)
:o AMAZING!
Three things I adore: Cats, Bendy C and Sherlock.
I have a hedgehog plushy called John (watson). And during my stay in England throughout summer 2014 - 2015, I have a rose houseplant that I named Rose Tyler.

I think I am more cringier in that aspect. Lol.
I am truly among my people
Rose/Ten were my favourite years of Dr Who (followed closely by Donna Noble). I'm like two seasons behind right now even though I like Capaldi. I really love all the overlapping of fandoms ahh everybody here is so great.
beanie
Yes I found other people that love Rose/Ten as well. They were my faves, followed by Donna Noble and ten, I loved their friendship.

Also Beanie is adorable.

Edit: I am not an obsessive fan of Gilmore Girls , but have watched all seasons and really liked it. It has been a long time though since I have seen it. I should rewatch is again soon.
fancybum
senpai

bluebox-away wrote:So far I'm concluding that most people here are also Harry Potter/Doctor Who/Sherlock/GBBO fans and I'm loving it it's all very #relatable. Anyone an obsessive gilmore girls fan by any chance? Bit of a long shot probably :)
Very comforted that people are going through similar things to me that I couldn't talk to my irl friends about
:shock:
Meeee. I'm also an obsessive Gilmore Guys Podcast fan as well (welcome to my ass!! I hope someone understands that haha) and I'm excited but also terrified about it coming back to Netflix. Team Jess (after he grew up and stopped being a douche)!
Also my hatred for Dean is what kept me from watching Supernatural for the first 7 years of its run
Padalecki's acting still doesn't do much for me, but Supernatural S1-5 is pretty damn great.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:So far I'm concluding that most people here are also Harry Potter/Doctor Who/Sherlock/GBBO fans and I'm loving it it's all very #relatable. Anyone an obsessive gilmore girls fan by any chance? Bit of a long shot probably :)
:shock:
Meeee. I'm also an obsessive Gilmore Guys Podcast fan as well (welcome to my ass!! I hope someone understands that haha) and I'm excited but also terrified about it coming back to Netflix. Team Jess (after he grew up and stopped being a douche)!
Also my hatred for Dean is what kept me from watching Supernatural for the first 7 years of its run
Padalecki's acting still doesn't do much for me, but Supernatural S1-5 is pretty damn great.
I was about to say I'm a fan just not an obsessive fan, but idk, I actually did stand in line three hours last year to go to the Gilmore Girls cast reunion panel so... maybe I count.
DryCereal
koi pond

Doctor Who OTP has to be River and her Doctor(s). And Amy and Rory. I might be ever so slightly biased by the fact that Alex Kingston would have absolutely no trouble turning me if she ever so desired, which has been the case since I first saw her in ER maaaaaaaaaaaany years ago.
I cannot STAND Clara, (or Jenna whatsername, for that matter,) so I am soooo behind with DW. Planning on waiting for the next series, after she's finally off-fucked, then having a massive catch-up/hate watch binge.

Probably over-sharing rn, and will probably articulate this very poorly, but screw it. "Phan" if it is real gives me hope (on the thankfully few and far between bad days!) for the relationship I'm currently in. Ummm, yeah. As expected, I'm saying no more.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
catch
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hey people :)

Full-time lurker since Septemberish here. Have been internally cheering you on seeing this develop (so impressed with the great work!) and that’s how I usually do things. But then there was this thread and I have a soft spot for personal facts and bold question games, so here we go:

- I’m queer too, bi/pan but not really out to anyone. Want to become more open. Like others are saying the atmosphere here is great; feels so natural I sometimes almost forget that’s not what society in general is like. I support the theory of subconscious elements playing into why so many of us are here.
- I’m team avocado.
- Several things about Dan and about Deppy's history remind me of my old best friend and first love/sort-of-girlfriend, and tbh it’s probably a big reason why I’m invested.. and why I’m so attracted to Dan's softness.
- This is my first ever attempt at joining a forum and I'm 24 years old. Also highly relatable about adulting fancybum, gosh.
- Whenever I do household work I like to listen to old liveshows on a loop.
- I want a coffee with everything, especially potatoe chips.
backin09
living flop

SquishPhan wrote: Yes I found other people that love Rose/Ten as well. They were my faves, followed by Donna Noble and ten, I loved their friendship.
Also Beanie is adorable.
I'm a big Rose/Ten(and nine/rose) shipper as well (And I have an unhealthy obsession with David Tennant )

Omg, there are so many language nerds here! I speak 6 languages (i grew up trilingual and i've been learning spanish for 2 years, french for 4 years and english for 9 years, i also had a few italian lessons a few years ago but i didn't really pay attention, i regret it so much :( ). i love learning new languages and finding similarities and differences between languages/cultures. i'd love to learn languages like russian and japanese!
sry for so much language talk i'm just very passionate about it and it's the only thing i'm slightly good at
without the internet, we never would have met
bluebox-away
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote:
fancybum wrote: :shock:
I was about to say I'm a fan just not an obsessive fan, but idk, I actually did stand in line three hours last year to go to the Gilmore Girls cast reunion panel so... maybe I count.
I wish I had been at the reunion panel, I've watched the youtube video of it a bunch of times, also so excited about the revival although it could all go horribly wrong..
Also, I love the Gilmore Guys SO MUCH, (welcome to my ass! ) I only discovered them a couple of weeks ago so I've listened to a lot of the recent ones and am making my way through the earlier ones now (almost up to the horror/amazingness combo that is 4x22!) Controversial perhaps but I'm actually Team Logan
because I'm in denial about the whole proposal debacle at the end

backin2009 wrote: Omg, there are so many language nerds here! I speak 6 languages (i grew up trilingual and i've been learning spanish for 2 years, french for 4 years and english for 9 years, i also had a few italian lessons a few years ago but i didn't really pay attention, i regret it so much :( ). i love learning new languages and finding similarities and differences between languages/cultures. i'd love to learn languages like russian and japanese!
sry for so much language talk i'm just very passionate about it and it's the only thing i'm slightly good at
Woo languages! I grew up with English, Dutch & French, so fluent in those, have Spanish and some Latin that I've totally forgotten from school and now doing Russian
DryCereal
koi pond

bluebox-away wrote:
backin2009 wrote: Omg, there are so many language nerds here! I speak 6 languages (i grew up trilingual and i've been learning spanish for 2 years, french for 4 years and english for 9 years, i also had a few italian lessons a few years ago but i didn't really pay attention, i regret it so much :( ). i love learning new languages and finding similarities and differences between languages/cultures. i'd love to learn languages like russian and japanese!
Woo languages! I grew up with English, Dutch & French, so fluent in those, have Spanish and some Latin that I've totally forgotten from school and now doing Russian
Yessssssssss!!!!!! :D I did French, German and Italian at Uni, currently learning as much Spanish as I can as quickly as I can (is what I'm telling myself, anyway!) Any children I have will definitely be raised OPOL, (English, Spanish - and probably in France) - I think it's so important to be able to communicate effectively with as many people as possible, and it's certainly true/proven that you pick it up easier the younger you are! I'm oooooooooldddddddddd!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
angrymob
hobbit hair

bluebox-away wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
fancybum wrote: :shock:
I wish I had been at the reunion panel, I've watched the youtube video of it a bunch of times, also so excited about the revival although it could all go horribly wrong..
Also, I love the Gilmore Guys SO MUCH, (welcome to my ass! ) I only discovered them a couple of weeks ago so I've listened to a lot of the recent ones and am making my way through the earlier ones now (almost up to the horror/amazingness combo that is 4x22!) Controversial perhaps but I'm actually Team Logan
because I'm in denial about the whole proposal debacle at the end

I've been meeting so many fluent French Ontarians recently. In the east we have this stereotype that anything past Gantineau is bad French immersion only (this coming from someone who in fact went through the French immersion program in an area that speaks mostly Chiac :P ).
grazieninseenot
smol bean

Hi Guys!
Since I've spent seriously way too much time lurking on the old thread instead of actually doing anything I actually finally convinced myself to create an account here. :)
These question games give me war flashbacks to high school class introductions and even then I didn't know how to present myself, but here we go anyway:

-I study religion even though I'm not really religious.
-About 99% of my wardrobe are striped shirts. Imagine SpongeBob's wardrobe but with shirts instead of pants.
-I cannot fall asleep without listening to any kind of audiobook/podcasts. It reeeeally annoys my roommate.

Also this is my first ever attempt at joining anything, so I'll just hope it all goes well...
backin09
living flop

grazieninseenot wrote:Hi Guys!
Since I've spent seriously way too much time lurking on the old thread instead of actually doing anything I actually finally convinced myself to create an account here. :)
These question games give me war flashbacks to high school class introductions and even then I didn't know how to present myself, but here we go anyway:

-I study religion even though I'm not really religious.
-About 99% of my wardrobe are striped shirts. Imagine SpongeBob's wardrobe but with shirts instead of pants.
-I cannot fall asleep without listening to any kind of audiobook/podcasts. It reeeeally annoys my roommate.

Also this is my first ever attempt at joining anything, so I'll just hope it all goes well...
welcome so cool to have more german people on this forum :D
bluebox-away
woodland creature

angrymob wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: Woo languages! I grew up with English, Dutch & French, so fluent in those, have Spanish and some Latin that I've totally forgotten from school and now doing Russian
I've been meeting so many fluent French Ontarians recently. In the east we have this stereotype that anything past Gantineau is bad French immersion only (this coming from someone who in fact went through the French immersion program in an area that speaks mostly Chiac :P ).
I'm not actually Canadian I'm afraid! It's confusing AF but to simplify: I'm British, grew up in Europe and am living in Ontario for an exchange year :)
angrymob
hobbit hair

bluebox-away wrote:
angrymob wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: Woo languages! I grew up with English, Dutch & French, so fluent in those, have Spanish and some Latin that I've totally forgotten from school and now doing Russian
I'm not actually Canadian I'm afraid! It's confusing AF but to simplify: I'm British, grew up in Europe and am living in Ontario for an exchange year :)
Ah, I see. That's cool, how are you enjoying it? Pretty good year to visit, the winter was thankfully not too cold.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

It's been fun reading all these snippets about people. Hi to all the Dutch peeps. I'm only half dutch but people always tell me I "look Dutch"...whatever that means!

mine:
-I'm really not sure what I would call my sexuality. I'm usually attracted to rather feminine men (I LOVE Dan's curves) and to really strong or masculine women.
-My husband knows I spend a lot of time on youtube but I don't like talking to him about D&P because I worry that he'll think I love them more than I love him. (I also worry that he might be right!)
-I almost never post anything on GG because every time I do I cringe the next time I read it.
-I sometimes read Phanfiction but the smutty ones really annoy me because most of them are so badly written and it's like they all just copy and paste the sex scenes from one fic to another. Some of the non-smutty ones are really captivating though.
-I don't have any friends at all IRL. I'm very shy and I just can't seem to figure out how to make friends with people. :cry:

As a big HP fan I'm quite intrigued that so many people here read HP fan fiction. I have never read any. Can anyone recommend a good introductory one?
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

oh man, this forum surely attracts a whole lot of cool people.
I'm soo jealous of all of you who are fluent in more than one or two languages. I may be alright when it comes to German and/or English but French as a third language is already ruining my life and my academic career. lol
trashqueen wrote: - i have 31 tabs open on my phone right now, all of them are fanfics, it's a problem, but i don't fight it anymore
*hugs* i feel u, sister. i feel u
IzzySmi wrote: - Good god I love Marvel (and DC too but that may change once I see Batman V Superman :| ) films and I am soooo excited about CA: Civil War but I try not to geek out too much
Noo, don't ever be sorry for geeking out. I'm SO excited for Civil War I've been hyping myself up through Stucky fanfics for weeks.

And it's nice to see there are so many HP fans present!! Wolfstar, anyone? ...Deamus??
bluntedclaws wrote:It's been fun reading all these snippets about people. Hi to all the Dutch peeps. I'm only half dutch but people always tell me I "look Dutch"...whatever that means!

mine:
-I'm really not sure what I would call my sexuality. I'm usually attracted to rather feminine men (I LOVE Dan's curves) and to really strong or masculine women.
-My husband knows I spend a lot of time on youtube but I don't like talking to him about D&P because I worry that he'll think I love them more than I love him. (I also worry that he might be right!)
-I almost never post anything on GG because every time I do I cringe the next time I read it.
-I sometimes read Phanfiction but the smutty ones really annoy me because most of them are so badly written and it's like they all just copy and paste the sex scenes from one fic to another. Some of the non-smutty ones are really captivating though.
-I don't have any friends at all IRL. I'm very shy and I just can't seem to figure out how to make friends with people. :cry:

As a big HP fan I'm quite intrigued that so many people here read HP fan fiction. I have never read any. Can anyone recommend a good introductory one?
Ahh bluntedclaws, it's good to have you back!! Dw, maybe I'm just *too young* but I've never been a fan of smut either. I mostly just skip it whenever I come across it in a fic.
As for HP fanfic recs - I'm glad you asked as I can now push my Wolfstar agenda onto you
But seriously Stealing Harry is a HP fandom classic and imo the right place to start your journey into the world of HP fanfiction.

Anyway, here are my facts:
  • the concept of gender is very confusing to me and probably my no. 2 cause of headaches (right after dehydration). Am I a girl? Am I a boy? All I know is that the sun will one day turn into a red giant and kill us all so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • i change my haircolour more often than some people change their socks. I've had brown, red, dark red, light brown, pink, pink/violet, dark brown, yellow, light blond, green-ish and ash blond hair so far.
  • i'm irrationally mad at my parents for not having me 10 years earlier so I could witness the glory days of myspace/emo culture myself
PS: @everyone who likes video games, why don't u head over to our new video game topic?
bluebox-away
woodland creature

angrymob wrote: Ah, I see. That's cool, how are you enjoying it? Pretty good year to visit, the winter was thankfully not too cold.
It's been awesome! Done a bunch of travelling and didn't totally freeze my butt off so a success all round, I went dogsledding in Algonquin which is amazing 100% would recommend to anyone in the area that hasn't done it
bluntedclaws wrote:It's been fun reading all these snippets about people. Hi to all the Dutch peeps. I'm only half dutch but people always tell me I "look Dutch"...whatever that means!
[...]
So many Dutchies, this is really exciting! My favourite HP fanfic is probably Commentarius, it's a Princess Diaries type diary from Lily's point of view, but it's an ongoing work in progress longer than all the HP books put together, and hasn't been updated in 4 years.. :? the 'Harry Potter' section of fanfiction.net is worth a browse though there's lots of really good stuff - and some extremely strange stuff too
cherry
crusty sponge

hello!

same as a lot of other people, long time gg lurker/first time poster who figured this was as best a time as any to make an account and (maybe?) start posting we'll see

-i ramble a lot and i'm sorry
-i'm bi but i'm only out to one internet friend and you all i guess :oops: exhilarating despite how accepting my irl family and friends are and having known i am since i was in my early teens
-I started watching dan forever ago oh manchester days and found phil through him, but didn't subscribe to phil until really late 2014 i was actually subscribed to the gaming channel before him. oops. in my defense, i just didn't realize i wasn't subscribed
-capitalization and punctuation mean nothing to me online despite what i study in school
-i really like the small text feature and i'm not sorry

i'm probably going to mess this up a few times since this is the first time i've ever posted on a forum :?
the rumors are terrible and cruel
but, honey, most of them are true
mez29
procrastinator

bluntedclaws wrote:As a big HP fan I'm quite intrigued that so many people here read HP fan fiction. I have never read any. Can anyone recommend a good introductory one?
Totally depends what you're into as there is something for everyone, but if you want to start close to canon I recommend http://archiveofourown.org/works/753521 ... rs/1407407 which is generally really well written and sort of fills in the other side of the story for Deathly Hallows (it's long af tho)
Vivastian
crusty sponge

bluntedclaws wrote: As a big HP fan I'm quite intrigued that so many people here read HP fan fiction. I have never read any. Can anyone recommend a good introductory one?
Moderator Action :
Posts cannot contain pornographic material. breaking our own rules as a mod, nice
It's called "A House Elf's Needs", if you can bother to go searching for it

Hi, cherry! Let me say that seeing people join this forum who have only been lurkers on GG is really heartwarming, and I think says a lot about the kind of atmosphere being built.
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
backin09
living flop

Winterbury wrote:i change my haircolour more often than some people change their socks. I've had brown, red, dark red, light brown, pink, pink/violet, dark brown, yellow, light blond, green-ish and ash blond hair so far.
wow so many i'm impressed :o i love changing my hair colour as well but i've only had a blonde streak when i was like 6, turquoise and now they're red-purple-blackish. my hair is naturally black and very thin and i had to cut my hair very short after i dyed them turquoise :( i'd love to have purple/violet hair but i don't wanna bleach my hair :( how do you keep your hair healthy? :o or is your hair naturally blonde so you don't have to bleach it? i'm so so jealous of people that have blonde hair, seriously you can do so much with it
it's 3 am already wtf :o
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Lets be real, anyone that reads fanfic and wants to read good fanfics will read HP. I am amazed of the great writers there and their on-going community.
swofro
angel bean

winterbury *gasp* but I ship Stony.........
Love is forever
blueapple_x
flower crown

Hey everyone! I just caught up reading all the posts here ^^

Here are my facts:
-Only one of my IRL friend’s knows I watch D+P but they don’t know the extent of how invested I am and I always pretend like I am just a casual fan…(I would probably go to tatinof if they agreed to come with me bc I’m too embarrassed to go alone lol)
-I once wrote a crack fic for my friend because she had a crush on a dude
-Had an on and off obsession with Gilmore Girls and Smallville in the past lol
-I like eating some fruits with a sprinkle of salt like apples, grapes, strawberries, starfruit