Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
somelikeitpink
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

mazza1506 wrote:
okay two things....1) apply to GBBO girl! you would be so fun on it!

and 2) colour me intrigued! you gotta spill the deets next time we hang out lol
But I'm shit with all those "british classics". I can bake all of them into the ground with austrian baking though?

EDIT: also I just realized. If I applied.. I think I should turn up with dan and phil merch one episode. Just to shock them when they are doing their casual sunday rewatch.

And buy me a cocktail next time and we can have story time :P

I am unsure if I should tell the horse hiding story or if the mystery just makes it that much better :P
kooshka
living flop

I love this thread!! You seem like a nice bunch. It's also really hard to come up with these facts, but I'll give it a try:

- Another peep who was lured to shipping through HP signing in! It was, what, over ten years ago. I was an active member on a HP forum, and one day got lost on the FF part of the site. It was Harry & Draco for me :mrgreen: though I don't really consider myself a die-hard shipper anymore, my all-time fav OTP is Phoenix & Edgeworth from GyakuSai
- I have ADD, I live in disgusting conditions and my life is a huge unorganized pile of clutter
- I play the harmonica, though I'm not very good at it lol. My fav song to play is this piece from Moomins, since it usually is what people request me to play first
- My other hobbies are gaming, comics and languages! I love the Shin Megami Tensei-series (which includes the Persona games), my fav comic author is Asano Inio and I can speak Finnish, Swedish, English, German & Japanese. I also want to start learning Dutch and Korean, solely because they sound interesting
- I'm a design dweeb/student and I love me some good typography, I've spent an ungodly amount of money on that stuff but dang it if my FontBook doesn't look pretty
- Saying this out loud might sound bad but I'm also a huge drug nerd, I love reading through trip stories (DMT ones are my fav since I'm also really fascinated by NDE stuff) and about the development of research chemicals, how they affect the brain&body etc.
- I've been seeing a lot of deppy dreams lately. Dan hates me in them for some reason.
human
dan hand trash

kooshka wrote:- Another peep who was lured to shipping through HP signing in! It was, what, over ten years ago. I was an active member on a HP forum, and one day got lost on the FF part of the site. It was Harry & Draco for me :mrgreen: though I don't really consider myself a die-hard shipper anymore, my all-time fav OTP is Phoenix & Edgeworth from GyakuSai
I was going to ask if it was FictionAlley but then remembered fiction was the whole point of the site lol. Oliver & Harry for me for some reason haha. Good to see fellow ex-HP fandom peeps here!
majitzu
angel bean

-wow more people that love NaruMitsu! Edgey and Phoenix are just two cute dorks. I've been playing ME Investigations and I have a problem with it, everytime I start playing I feel and urgent need to sleep... so I play on small sesions of 30 minutes. But hey I'm in the last case.
-I only know 2 languages, spanish and english, I was trying chinese but after 1 and a half year learning it my brain decided there were to much words and not enough memory capacity :/.
-I'm from Peru.
-Draco and Harry ear just too cute, OTP. I can't stand Severus with Harry... like WHY? Why why why...
-I need to start studying so is all for now
human
dan hand trash

mazza1506 wrote:- Missed my chance of seeing Deppy at the O2 due to drunkedly chatting up the barman (remember him missemma/somelikeitpink/humanholiday!? lol)
Only just saw this lol. I just. Is there a headdesk emoji yet? I'd just started to forget about that. With the lols over the barman on one side of the scales and my drunken conversation with Deppy on the other, I think we can safely say you had the better deal out of the two of us ahahah :lol:
somelikeitpink
living flop

human wrote:
mazza1506 wrote:- Missed my chance of seeing Deppy at the O2 due to drunkedly chatting up the barman (remember him missemma/somelikeitpink/humanholiday!? lol)
Only just saw this lol. I just. Is there a headdesk emoji yet? I'd just started to forget about that. With the lols over the barman on one side of the scales and my drunken conversation with Deppy on the other, I think we can safely say you had the better deal out of the two of us ahahah :lol:
tbh I think this was still the greatest moment of my life.
mazza1506
crusty sponge

I still have his number. I feel enough time has passed for us to return lol
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Hey everyone, I'm loving this thread. :)

Some facts about me:
- I'm bisexual and the sheer amount of queer people in this fandom gives me life. My theory is that queer people tend to seek out other queer people subconsciously.
-I can come across as insulting and arrogant when I'm just being sarcastic, one of the many reasons that I identify too much with Dan.
- One of the weirdest experiences of my life was being stoned at a children's Christmas pantomime.
- I started reading/writing Harry Potter fanfiction when I was twelve and I guess it paid off, I'm studying Creative Writing at university now.
- Irl I come across as extroverted, which maybe just proves I'm a great actress.
-I'm quite a handsy, sexual predator-y drunk oops
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Kind of the opposite here, lived in Holland for 18 years growing up and some wouldn't believe that I wasn't Dutch! I've moved around a bunch so I've lost all concept of nationality now
If anyone cares about my complicated 'where are you from?' answer:

British, raised in Holland and sometimes France, ended up at uni in England now on exchange in Canada, meanwhile my parents are moving around Europe and I have no idea where home is :?
Yay more Dutchies. :)
I completely agree with you on losing concept of nationality...I lived in the U.S. until I was ten, lived in the Netherlands until I was nineteen and am now at uni in England. My mom is also part-Indonesian. I have a Dutch passport but this stuff is definitely confusing to explain to people.
Also, to the person who was talking about crying at Bioware games....I feel you. I probably have cried at every Bioware game I have ever played, particularly at the end of Mass Effect 3.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
ironic
lady door

I wasn't really active on GG but I'm so happy that you created this forum I figured this might be a good first post here, so...

- I'm very awkward and quite reserved as a person, and I suck at human interaction, which is why I can't make friends neither online nor irl
- I enjoy sarcasm and I make a lot of stupid jokes all the time but there are a few things that I'm dead serious about (mostly social justice stuff)
- I've been vegetarian for the last 5 years and now I'm going vegan
- I'm most likely not heterosexual
- I'm a perfect housewife but I never want to get married
- After 14 years of learning this language I still don't know how to use commas when writing in English :)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
kooshka
living flop

majitzu wrote:-wow more people that love NaruMitsu! Edgey and Phoenix are just two cute dorks. I've been playing ME Investigations and I have a problem with it, everytime I start playing I feel and urgent need to sleep... so I play on small sesions of 30 minutes. But hey I'm in the last case.
I consider anyone who has played through the games and doesn't ship NaruMitsu a heartless monster, especially after the final case of AA:TaT, Edgeworth flies on a goddamn private jet to the other side of the world because his sweetheart gets the sniffles. I remember I had a hard time going through the ME games too, I love my Edgey-poo to death as a character but those games just weren't written so well. It took me like half a year to finish the second game since on top of the not-so-interesting cases/characters I played it in Japanese and god damn those tiny pixel kanjis can be hard to read. But good luck with solving the last case!
IzzySmi
crusty sponge

ironic wrote:I wasn't really active on GG but I'm so happy that you created this forum I figured this might be a good first post here, so...

- I'm very awkward and quite reserved as a person, and I suck at human interaction, which is why I can't make friends neither online nor irl
- I enjoy sarcasm and I make a lot of stupid jokes all the time but there are a few things that I'm dead serious about (mostly social justice stuff)
- I've been vegetarian for the last 5 years and now I'm going vegan
- I'm most likely not heterosexual
- I'm a perfect housewife but I never want to get married
- After 14 years of learning this language I still don't know how to use commas when writing in English :)
It's ok hun, i'm English and I don't, know, when to use, commas when writing in, English either ;)
human
dan hand trash

I'm so blown away with the people on this forum and how amazeballs you all are. Don't mind me, creepily reading all your facts and relating in some way to every single one of you and feeling just that little bit less alone lol.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

ironic wrote: - After 14 years of learning this language I still don't know how to use commas when writing in English :)
I relate to this on a deep, emotional level. I rarely use commas in the English language because when I do, I only use them to emphasize my undying frustration about commas.

And I also type commas with one "m", which makes it a conversation starter.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

swofro
angel bean

kooshka wrote:
majitzu wrote:-wow more people that love NaruMitsu! Edgey and Phoenix are just two cute dorks. I've been playing ME Investigations and I have a problem with it, everytime I start playing I feel and urgent need to sleep... so I play on small sesions of 30 minutes. But hey I'm in the last case.
I consider anyone who has played through the games and doesn't ship NaruMitsu a heartless monster, especially after the final case of AA:TaT, Edgeworth flies on a goddamn private jet to the other side of the world because his sweetheart gets the sniffles. I remember I had a hard time going through the ME games too, I love my Edgey-poo to death as a character but those games just weren't written so well. It took me like half a year to finish the second game since on top of the not-so-interesting cases/characters I played it in Japanese and god damn those tiny pixel kanjis can be hard to read. But good luck with solving the last case!
Edgey-poo is definitely my favourite character. He has the perfect balance of super cool and nervousness that makes him real. I think the reason I love Gyakuten Kenji more is because my love of detectives and writing theory in my own head completely baffled because they are wrong. Haha.
Love is forever
tymyky
glabella

ironic wrote: - After 14 years of learning this language I still don't know how to use commas when writing in English :)
I laughed so much reading this because this is something I struggle with the whole time learning English. And don't get me started on the millions of tenses I had to learn at school and still have no idea when to use them. (my native language only has 3 so maybe that's the problem)

Also loving reading all of your little facts. I could relate to at least one from every post. Well, this probably proves to me that I will lurk on this forum for another couple of years.
Vivastian
crusty sponge

How have I not posted here yet?

-My current icon is an actual selfie of me.
-I (very loosely) know a family which had a major scandal years back, involving a murder.
-Most of my time on YouTube is spent watching gaming playthroughs, but the Phandom is the only YouTube fandom I've properly been in.
-My favorite vlogger at the moment is Nathan Zed (sorry, Dan and Phil!) (...but not really)
-I ship Hagrid & Dobby.

A big thank you to zeemeermin for creating this thread; it was a fantastic idea!
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

IzzySmi wrote: It's ok hun, i'm English and I don't, know, when to use, commas when writing in, English either ;)
commas and apostrophes are the literal devil.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

bedhead91 wrote: Yay more Dutchies. :)
I completely agree with you on losing concept of nationality...I lived in the U.S. until I was ten, lived in the Netherlands until I was nineteen and am now at uni in England. My mom is also part-Indonesian. I have a Dutch passport but this stuff is definitely confusing to explain to people.
International problems :lol: At least you like me appreciate the insanity that is the Dutch language, I think I saw someone saying they want to learn it on this thread, to which I say good luck and feel free to shoot me a message if you want help although I am by no means an expert
missemma wrote:
IzzySmi wrote: It's ok hun, i'm English and I don't, know, when to use, commas when writing in, English either ;)
commas and apostrophes are the literal devil.
I don't think anyone knows how to use punctuation correctly tbh, I use commas way too much and still don't know the difference between the semicolon and colon..

I'm a bit of a language nerd though - currently learning Russian for fun.. - so learning so many has jumbled all the rules in my head :?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
fancybum
senpai

human wrote: Oliver & Harry for me for some reason haha. Good to see fellow ex-HP fandom peeps here!
I had a mind-blank and read that as Ollivander and Harry :? . I'm having some slightly disturbing mental images now maybe involving wands MOVING ON

I was going to skip this thread as I'm bad when it comes to talking about myself (never know what to say) but some of these posts got my mind grapes working:
I've been vegetarian for over 10 years and have attempted veganism many a time. Cheese is basically heroin to me though and I can't stop and I won't stop
I have a cat I call Bean whose actual name is
Beanedict Cumberscratch
(Yes I was deep into Sherlock at the time that I rescued her)

I'm 25 and really feel like I'm not excelling at this whole 'adulthood' thing; I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing and I get really freaked out sometimes if I think about it too much and that's usually where Netflix comes in
"Ignore your problems so they don't exist" is what I should really stop saying at some point.

Umm to end on a lighter note: I went to Ireland (and Scotland/England/Wales) last summer with some family on a tourist thing, and I've never felt happier. It was cold and rainy and so green and beautiful I want to go back some day (even though the ferry ride there/back was a nightmare of motion-sickness). I don't even know why I loved it so much or what was drastically different about it from the other 3 countries but I just felt so serenely content the whole time and I miss it. (Also "Tayto" is just the cutest name for a chip brand I can't even deal with it).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
IzzySmi
crusty sponge

fancybum wrote: I have a cat I call Bean whose actual name is
Beanedict Cumberscratch
:o AMAZING!
Three things I adore: Cats, Bendy C and Sherlock.
swofro
angel bean

IzzySmi wrote:
Beanedict Cumberscratch
I have a hedgehog plushy called John (watson). And during my stay in England throughout summer 2014 - 2015, I have a rose houseplant that I named Rose Tyler.

I think I am more cringier in that aspect. Lol.
Love is forever
fancybum
senpai

swofro wrote:
IzzySmi wrote:
fancybum wrote: (Yes I was deep into Sherlock at the time that I rescued her)
I have a hedgehog plushy called John (watson). And during my stay in England throughout summer 2014 - 2015, I have a rose houseplant that I named Rose Tyler.

I am truly among my people
Rose/Ten were my favourite years of Dr Who (followed closely by Donna Noble). I'm like two seasons behind right now even though I like Capaldi. I really love all the overlapping of fandoms ahh everybody here is so great.
beanie
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I'm enjoying your all of these posts so much! Keep them coming please!

And you're all so #relatable; Dan Howell would be proud.
Now I'm going to go through and just basically comment "same" four times, don't mind me.
bluebox-away wrote: - At almost 21, I've not done anything more than make out with 1 guy once when I was 16 and am mildly terrified that I'll never find anyone to spend the rest of my life with.
Same, regarding being mildly terrified I'll never find anyone to spend the rest of my life with.

(Though I must admit, I never had any interest in dating or relationships until I started watching Dan and Phil. I don't even care if they're actually in a relationship or not. It's all about the way they look at each other. Ugh.)
daphenaxa wrote: - my affection and kinda obsession for Dan does worry me a bit sometimes
Same. Lol.
crash[] wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of aro/ace people that are here, I honestly thought it was just me.
Same, I'm surprised yet really comforted! Haha
jhamba wrote: -I have ADHD, and am prone to self sabotaging my life goals
Same, Jhamba, same. I seriously relate so much to this.
busy being happy~
IzzySmi
crusty sponge

swofro wrote:
IzzySmi wrote:
Beanedict Cumberscratch

Awww how cute!
If it helps, I have a Bonsai tree called Berol. Not named after anyone in particular but I enjoy calling her Berol the Bonsai tree.
P.S. I love Doctor Who and DT is my favourite Doctor. I know a lot of people will disagree but I really liked Donna as his companion (I did like Rose too).

fancybum your cat is so beautiful! I'm really hoping to rescue a couple of cats in the next month when things at home are more stable!