Hello from a long-time lurker

You can make your first post here!
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

Hello, everyone.

I confess that I've been spying on you guys! I'm a long-time lurker, and I've only just decided to make an account.

I found Phil back in 2012. A break-up (not mine!) was what caused me to stumble across one of his videos. I can tell you more about that story if you like, but I've probably made it sound much more interesting than it actually is. At that time, I'd never even heard of Dan, but I found him a little later on through Phil.

Since then, I've watched them both on and off. I enjoy both of them separately, and I love their collaborations and DAPG too. I like them both for their individual traits, and for their chemistry together, which I find immensely enjoyable. They are like the perfect double act. I think what makes is special is their obviously genuine relationship and fondness for one another. I was never particularly interested in whether they were together or not (although I always thought it was interesting to speculate), but I never understood why so many people thought it was ludicrous to even wonder if they might be in a relationship. It seemed a reasonable enough idea to me. However, although I was not particularly in invested in the exact nature of their relationship, the one thing that would have truly upset me would have been to discover that they secretly hated each other, that their entire relationship (platonic or otherwise) was fake and that they only did videos together for money.

I hope it is not heresy on here to say that I do have a particular soft spot for Phil. Perhaps it's because I found him first, perhaps it is because I feel as though he's more similar to me in terms of personality, perhaps it's because he seems so quirky and unique, or perhaps it is because he seems ever so slightly mysterious or even eccentric. Whatever the reason, Phil has always held a special place in my heart. Phil makes me laugh, and he makes me smile too. His videos make me feel warm and comfortable. Somehow he has this way of reassuring me. It's hard to describe, but when I watch one of his videos I just get this feeling that things will be okay. I love and admire his creativity and imagination too, and I think he probably has a more serious, philosophical side that we don't get much of a chance to see. I wish I could just travel inside his brain and see what's going on in his mind for one day. I imagine it would be pretty surreal.

I can't neglect Dan, of course, who I think has a real comedic talent and a brilliantly expressive face. I find he has a real ability to convey the perfect message or mood with just the slightest raised eyebrow or tilt of the head and so on. I find some of his reactions on the gaming channel hilarious, and his sketches and stories have always made me laugh. I could see him doing very well in the theatre or in stand-up comedy. I admire his ability to also be vulnerable and honest, and to share his opinions and thoughts with us. I applaud his courage for standing up for the things he believes in, especially in his work with Young Minds and for his support for LGBTQ causes and representation. :pride:

I need to say congratulations to both of them for coming out online. It can't have been an easy thing to do, and it sounds as though it was especially terrifying for Dan, seeing as he had so recently come out to his family and had obviously struggled with his sexuality for so long. Both videos are so important, and I'm sure so many people will have felt validated, comforted and emboldened by them. Although both videos, most especially Dan's which was truly heart-breaking at points, made reference to the difficulties in coping with their sexuality and the prejudice that is still around, I personally found them to be uplifting. I hope I am not treading on anyone's toes by saying that. Coming out obviously takes a lot of courage, and I would never want to make light of the struggle involved. It was just my (straight) perspective on it.

Anyway, I have rambled on for long enough now. I hope I get one reply. Good bye.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Thank you for that lovely introduction and explanation of what you enjoy and appreciate about Dan and Phil! I don’t post a lot on here, but I love to read everyone’s thoughts and revel in the fact I’m not alone in how much I’m interested in all things Dan and Phil. Welcome!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Hello and :welcome: ! Thanks for your lovely essay about Deppy--I loved reading your thoughts and look forward to more of them! :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."