A recent convert

You can make your first post here!
Neons
spork

Hi :)

Firstly I just want to say how useful I find this forum for not only keeping up with everything DnP are doing but also looking over old discussions and compendiums over time. I know you can get similar things on Tumblr but I find that website so hard to navigate sometimes... I really appreciate the work people put in here.

So I'm a very recent convert to this fandom, having only really taken interest since Dan's coming out video. I've been aware of the boys for a long time, probably around 2011 if I had to guess. But I never really explored their content as I always felt like it was aimed at a younger demographic than me (despite me actually being younger than Phil). I saw bits and pieces of what they did (the radio show in particular) but none of it really grabbed me. I also have faint memories of seeing some of Dan's 2012-era rants to his fans on tumblr etc out of context and it not giving me a good impression.

Fast-forward to this June, I see an article about Dan's coming out video and decide to watch it. And wow, I was so fucking impressed. I'd had this image in my head of the sort of person Dan was and this video was just so much more than I was expecting. So intelligent, sensitive, interesting and actually funny too!

After that YouTube obviously recommended me every DnP video ever made so the binging began. At this point, thanks to BIG, I was going in as a fan of Dan; I remembered from the old days of seeing some of their stuff that Phil seemed like the more subdued one who was just kind of there whereas Dan was the more outspoken one. I started watching their gaming videos specifically and realised pretty quickly that Phil was a lot more than I had been expecting as well. In their more recentish videos in particular he just seemed so sweet, happy, quirky and ridiculously endearing. I wasnt ready for this! I was just watching a few videos to pass the time, now I've fallen in love with Dan and Phil! Fuck.

The more I watched the more I came to really appreciate Phil. He has so many wonderful qualities that I'm sure other people on this forum have put more eloquently than me in the past. But safe to say I bloody love him now. He's such an interesting person to me and I still feel he's only scratched the surface sometimes in terms of what we really know about him.

In some ways I feel frustrated that I've come into the fandom so late and missed the eras of live shows and frequent videos, but then I think maybe I came at just the right time. Now more than ever they can truly be themselves, I'm so fascinated by this new era and what they've chosen to share with us.

Oh! And something else quickly, I love watching their gaming videos with my boyfriend and seeing just how similar their dynamic is to ours. They are so damn coupley sometimes I swear to god. I love it. :prideheart2:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Neons wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 am I wasnt ready for this! I was just watching a few videos to pass the time, now I've fallen in love with Dan and Phil! Fuck.
I think a lot of people can relate to this :lol:

Welcome! :welcome:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Hello and :welcome: ! I love how everyone coming into the phandom at different times gets a different experience, and I'm glad you are enjoying yours. :ribena:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."