My husband does not share my enthusiasm

You can make your first post here!
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so glad I found this site. :D

I discovered because I became ill and YouTube was my main entertainment. Every time I am home sick from work I turn to good old YT and find something to entertain me. Last year, out with a cold, I found Rhett and Link. This year I was sicker than normal and was out for months including hospital stays, and these two dorks made it not so bad. I am older than their "average" fan base (32) and so I was happy to find this place that made me realize I was not so alone. Since in my real life I am the only one who seems to know them. I am very new to this whole forum thing. I have never gone on one, let alone participate. I couldn't just lurk anymore. Although I am better now, I still can't stop....

My husband doesn't share my enthusiasm, . And so when tickets went on sale, I sent out a plea to friends "who will come with me out of pity?" One friend was willing, and able (tickets aren't too expensive but they aint cheap either). So she made a deal with me since she is in the "too old to be a fan" boat, at 38 and loves Justin Beiber. I am now committed to go with her if he comes to town. (dread, but worth it to see D&F) I did see (a while ago) someone around my age say she was going to TATINOF. She wanted to know if anyone was going to the Chicago or Milwaukee show. I am going to the MLK show, but at the time I couldn't/ wasn't signed up for IDB yet. If anyone reads this and knows who that was, or if you are also going let me know. It would be interesting to find someone round here that knows too. :thumb:
actions speak louder than words
swofro
angel bean

Hello and welcome!!

Glad you found this place.
There are separate thread for all the Tatinof places, so one can drop by and ask if anyone else is coming to the same place here:
http://indepthbants.com/forum24.html
Love is forever
Winston
flower crown

Thanks! I am still trying to navigate around this place. :D
Lain
eclipse shirt

Winston wrote:
My husband doesn't share my enthusiasm
I know this feel. ;) I'm pleased to say that mine will indulge me and watch a video if I prod enough, but it's definitely refreshing to be in a space with people that feel the same way!
Winston
flower crown

Mine will watch too, but prefers other things. He wouldn't sit through an entire evening of screaming teenage girls no matter how much I begged though...
jess
living flop

Welcome! I'm around your age (just a smidgen younger at 31). Welcome to the land of "not the target demographic" fans.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

LOL, my husband just looks weirdly at my fanpersoning - idek if he knows who dan&phil are, or what happens on tumblr, or any internet slang, etc. He is weirdly fond of memes though, so he's not entirely a loss...
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Yay welcome :) there is a good range of ages on the forum (I'm also in my 30s). My other half also doesn't appreciate my appreciation for Dan and Phil and makes as many comments about me liking them as possible. I've been a fan for long enough now though that he knows (or knew should I say) that on a Monday night that's the liveshow and he knows Tuesdays are usually for a liveshow. You'll get your hubby there one day :D
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: