i literally can't think of a clever title

You can make your first post here!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Hi! So impressed by everything I've read here so far. You all seeunm so informed intelligent and respectful. Glad to have found a place like this. I watched my first Dan video in June 2016 (The Story of My Hamster) and soon after I watched Phil. At first I didn't like Phil as much bc I related more to Dan. But I soon came to appreciate their chemistry and also to adore Phil. I even voted for Phil to win Creator of the Year. Two other big things about me: I'm pretty old to be here but I recently lost my job so I'll probably be here quite a bit.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Hello and :welcome: !

Please join us in the bants! It is indeed a nice community. :platonic:

Don't worry about being on the "older" end of things. You won't be the only one. In case you haven't seen it yet, we took a survey a few months ago, and the results show there is quite an age range: http://indepthbants.com/topic502.html
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Thanks for pointing me to the survey results. I feel welcome and more informed now!
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Hey Susan! :welcome:

Ooh! It's my first time seeing that survey. I fall into the most popular age demographic, which makes me feel a bit better, as I actually felt like so many people here were older than me (and most people are, judging by the total percentage of people over 24). Here, as opposed to Tumblr or the YT comment section, rather than worrying about being too old I worry about being young and stupid
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Hi! Glad to have a place all ages are welcome and people to talk about DnP with besides just my daughter and her friends.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susanisnotafish wrote:Hi! Glad to have a place all ages are welcome and people to talk about DnP with besides just my daughter and her friends.
You're lucky you can discuss Deppy with your daughter. My daughter, after going to TATINOF, getting the books, buying the merch--and insisting that I watch their videos, thus throwing me in the trashcan --has moved way beyond them and refuses to talk about them anymore.
"Why am I left-handed?"
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Sorry to hear that. It's been fun sharing this interest with her but I know it could end any time. I think I am bigger trash than she is. It's interesting that so many parents and their kids have bonded thru DnP but Dan's own parents weren't and probably still aren't into the internet. Dan has provided us something he probably always wanted for himself.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Susanisnotafish wrote:Sorry to hear that. It's been fun sharing this interest with her but I know it could end any time. I think I am bigger trash than she is. It's interesting that so many parents and their kids have bonded thru DnP but Dan's own parents weren't and probably still aren't into the internet. Dan has provided us something he probably always wanted for himself.
An interesting insight! I wonder if it's something he's thought about? What with all his focus on edgelord boy fans, maybe he isn't ready to embrace mother-daughter fans.

I know at least one other mom has posted here about seeing Deppy with her daughter, and I'm sure others are lurking. We'll have to suggest that as a question on the next demographics poll (whenever that may happen). :platonic:
"Why am I left-handed?"