Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am It's been so long, I don't remember – do they tweet an upload time for Pinof? Or will we impatiently refresh our feed for the next day or two?
For 2016, when they uploaded the selfie the caption was tomorrow, so we knew then. The 2017 one said it's on the way and that got posted Wednesday with video uploaded Friday, so we can assume that it will follow the same time table as last year. However it's all just a guess and they never really say when it's coming so we shall wait...
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I think they secretly love keeping us all on our toes and just dropping it whenever. You know they’re sitting in their flat sipping coffee with the fully edited video just laughing their asses off at the tension and pre pinof panic in the phandom.
macquiffed
tol bean

Exacty, they peobably watch the freakout and find it amusing! I know I would if I were them! Either way i’m working all day so if they upload i’ll watch after work!
"dan and phil naked burning in a fire: the musical"
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

No D+P in Rewind as expected (I barely recognized anyone this year besides Will Smith, Safiya and ASAP science). They mentioned a bunch of categories of people they should recognize (mental health, charitable giving, teaching etc) and then didn't show like any of those people or videos? They even said they were going to "give the people what they want" which seems like where Dan and Phil probably would have fit in the most, but weren't there. And then everyone did the Fortnite dances. Typical.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Even though I already basically knew they weren't gonna be in it, I still did a double take at 'give the people what they want' just instinctively expecting to see them.

Super not impressed with the video, for the reasons @onceinaugust said - but also just because, idk, it didn't flow? Everything seemed disjointed and shoved in together. And I do really love that there's more international representation, but... basically no British youtubers? I didn't expect deps but weird choice to leave out everyone.
000dia000
emo goose

I'm so happy they aren't in it. The evil has been defeated.
:cactus:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

'Let's give the people what they want'? Seriously? Wow, I can't believe YT is gonna get an angry Phil DM and the video will be taken down for copyright infringement.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i assume it'll be uploaded tomorrow since they are so far following the schedule of last year. and i really hope it'll be tomorrow because i have plans tonight and being in part of the excitement when its first dropped and being able to make gifs right away is a big part of the enjoyment for me. but i know a lot of people who have said they're busy tonight so i know no matter what happens there will be some people disappointed. even if i miss out initially i'm looking forward to it though.
hello9217
flower crown

So did youtube write the script under the assumption that dan and phil would say yes and then when they turned them down just decide to let elle mills say the line? Just seems weird that the whole of this year dnp were "giving the people what they wanted" and then youtube just used that line. :shrug: Not a big deal and I'm really happy that dnp are not in it this year, it's what we all deserve.
Ribona
crusty sponge

I actually quite liked this year's YouTube Rewind and I think it's a shame I don't get to see Dan & Phil in a video with Safiya and Trixya...
But anyway I can't wait for pinof I have a feeling that it is going to be fun this year :love2:
liola
rankussy

They look so cute and cuddly fucking punch me in the face
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ribona
crusty sponge

I actually liked this year's YouTube rewind and I'm a bit disappointed that I won't see a video featuring Dan & Phil with Safiya and Trixya...
But anyway I can't wait for pinof I have a feeling that it is going to be pretty fun this year 😊
Ataraxia25
flower crown

liola wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm They look so cute and cuddly fucking punch me in the face
their closeness in the pic makes me emotional. i'm a mess tonight
:gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 pm
liola wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm They look so cute and cuddly fucking punch me in the face

their closeness in the pic makes me emotional. i'm a mess tonight
they are like... surprisingly close in this? i'm full of much feelings.

:happytears:

mod note: forum's experiencing a bit of a bug with posts being out of order. we're digging into it! sorry about the bad timing, amigos.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm trash for their body positioning in that ig story.
Ablissa
pastel persona

That picture just screams long-term couple posing for a photo and it makes me feel things.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm That picture just screams long-term couple posing for a photo and it makes me feel things.
Yes, this! I am obsessed over the way their bodies are positioned in that pic, everything about it is just so.. coupley, damn. I don't think they ever posed like that before and that's a Lot to process.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
liola
rankussy

Gonna post my own tweet cause I cba to embed two pics but yall..same boyfriend energy..same closeness.. man Dan truly knows how to deliver pain to me
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

The worst part of waiting is that we don't even get a gaming video or cute insta stories to tide us over.

Boys, just...

starwatersong
phabergé

liola wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm Gonna post my own tweet cause I cba to embed two pics but yall..same boyfriend energy..same closeness.. man Dan truly knows how to deliver pain to me
Exactly! Reminds me of the 4th of July picture as well. So couply. :happytears:
Phantasy
woodland creature

Jon I think sums it up best...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I liked Rewind, I was impressed I recognised 20 of them (23 actually, I was counting the try guys as one cos I couldn’t count that fast during the credits, also I fell out of love with them when they took the mick out of shipping Deps for the second time). Lovely to see Simone Giertz, she had a brain operation a few months ago, she’s the blonde one saying she’s thankful for all the support. Safiya and her lipsticks was cute. Also the animators.

Baby Shark, I need to research. I’ve been a bit sad for the rest of the shark family disappearing strike that, they’re still there 20 years after we sang about all of them at summer camp. All the kids’ animation videos look so similar, can’t tell which are real and which are those weird creepy ones.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm Jon I think sums it up best...
I definitely agree with him.

I'm curious to see if Dan and Phil will address Rewind at all in their next liveshow or it'll just pass unmentioned.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

rewind was better than last year (they recognized their pitfalls) but where the previous years were like a giant "where's waldo" of reference, this one just scripted everything? very tame, not great... not bothered at all that dnp weren't in it.

also wowowow i love the ig story teaser. it feels like a photo they took for themselves, then decided to post it. excited for tomorrow, i think this will be my 5th pinof i've been here to see (and thats without counting the 2013 one, i think i discovered them two weeks after that.)
lets go boys!
sugar
eclipse shirt

SO couply and cute. definitely one of the cutest joint selfies we’ve gotten from them in a while. it’s got me feeling super soft and giddy for pinof tomorrow. although i fear the third wheeling is gonna be taken to another level. they’re just so flirty these days.