Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

thatone
delia smith

ITS HERE EVERYBODY STAY CALM
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I
LOVE
IT
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I loved it as well. The last one was hilarious and I'm so glad there was no cringey acted out fic.
Last edited by lilabet on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

THAT WAS SO CUTE!!! And no outro? No spon? Is this an alternate universe?

ALSO OMG @ THE REMADE FIRST SELFIE. I am finished.
pcvaidya
squish

as always, my main reaction is why are the like this?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I loved it so much. :love1:
The end part with the piano was too much. :rofl: :rofl:
Will definitely rewatch a couple of times.
hello9217
flower crown

I think this one may be my new favorite. There were like no cringe moments and it was so good!!!
Ablissa
pastel persona

Oh my gosh it was perfect. I love how it wasn't groundbreaking but just a summary of this amazing year with them. So many shots that they left in when they wouldn't have previously. Ugh.
Time to rewatch 4308534983498523 times and cry
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was so cute. I'm glad they remade the selfie and didn't do the recreate the tackle thing, I know that was a super popular request but I don't want Dan's sarcasm treatment again on the tackle. I'm fine with him roasting their first selfie though!

They're so touchy and cute and Dan acknowledging being a Phil stan account is always appreciated.

also "magical sex stick" ok dan
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

hello 911, there has been a murder. it is me. im dead.

ok but for real tho, ive been having a pretty shitty life lately due to work burn out and stress and all those fun depression stuff but pinof just literally made me cry laugh out loud in my break right now (and i rarely ever do those)

i think ill have to rewatch it properly on my laptop later to digest it properly but just the amount of touching and past pinof references was sooo.... /chefs kiss/ i love a happy dan and a happy phil
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

.... y'all
they. they were demons. holy fuck.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m very uncomfortable and had the briefest thought that ten should be the last (and I’m never of that opinion). I know I need to rewatch and give it time. But what is wrong with them? What is wrong with us? I’m sure I’ll regret this post by tomorrow. But hey, my question almost got picked. I tweeted show us your boxing moves, but not the knock Dan out part. Okay, I just need to read more reactions and look at gifs. I know there were lots of cute moments. I’m sure I’m looking at this the wrong way.
thatone
delia smith

This felt full circle in so many ways I feel like.. Also, the description alone is enough to murder me.

" The most fun we've ever had."
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phew, that was funny. I wasn't expecting it so early, at least got my longer edit job all done in time, thank you, boys, for your timing. I love seeing their old hair again, Dan's still works with the extra volume as usual, Phil's has lost something in the quiffening tbh. Dan also recreated his expression almost perfectly. I cringe a bit at the ass content, tbh, but everything else was great. I'm impressed Dan can lift one leg onto a dresser.

Loved the duck joke, though, and the clothed being in the bath together (two of my uni housemates one year were a couple who spent some happy times in there, who knows). Good reiteration from Dan once again that he's a Phil stan account, juxtaposed of course with the "I don't want to do any magic sex stick stuff with you" :lol:

On the flipside, I got a feeling here and there that maybe they were forcing it a bit, I was surprised last year by how into it they were and this felt a little less so. Maybe it's just them finding so many suggestions so silly, idk, but I hope they do actually still enjoy doing it. I loved the 10 in the heart at the start, whipping out the giant Sharpies and drawing each other's whiskers simultaneously. Nose-moon landing indeed, Phil ;)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

i can't speak i've seen it twice and i can't make any coherent thoughts other than "it gets better every year" also they were so damn cheeky and self aware bless
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That was just lovely and cute. I love Dan roasting himself in their first picture. He really worked that Phil Trash #1 branding too lmao. And god Phil with the quiff is just perfectttt. Phil grabbing Dan's face at the start too?? The bit with the bathtub?? Phil's ass playing piano? Dan's penis description? Idk there's just so much that I really enjoyed about this, and tbh I didn't feel a second of "yikes" at all (well, I say that, but I'm anticipating the flood of people taking the voldemort quote and the lack of spon/"see you next year" as the most important parts of the video. sigh.) I'm also glad that my tweets of "fight" and "show us your boxing skills" were indirectly answered lmao.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

That really was incredible and a great picture of 2018. It felt so much more them than their personas I just loved it. And so flirty! No snarky remarks about the more shippy things!!

God I'm already trembling with excitement for the bloopers

Also, Phil in boxing gloves is extremely hot wtf
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sonicgreen
woodland creature

liola wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 pm God I'm already trembling with excitement for the bloopers
same, can't wait for christmas :festivedeppy:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Is anyone else getting plant ads on this? I'm finding it hilarious. I'm actually considering buying some plants Patch so it's effective on me.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I saw someone comment on this a few days ago elsewhere and seeing the responses I think it's right - that a lot of people might be seeking out more or feeling underwhelmed because pinof used to be a rare guarantee of Dan and Phil doing a collab video together that wasn't gaming, and now there's nothing particularly special about 'Dan and Phil collab video' because they're not even collabs, almost all videos (save the rare Phil solo) are just Dan and Phil videos. It doesn't feel special for that reason because it's not special for that reason anymore.

But it's still a sweet dose of nostalgia, and a chance for Dan and Phil to be silly and for phandom to have some hype around something that Dan and Phil can be equally hyped about, and the celebratory feel of it has been really nice. It's goofy and ridiculous and both the questions and their responses are over the top but I think I'm okay sitting back and enjoying that without needing to look for more or pass some kind of bar previously set.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Boooy that was a lot to process. I loved it and it didn't have any cringey bits but i am feeling the same way i felt when they uploaded the mukbang because there's just too much to unpack and I'm overwhelmed.

Wow. They really did justice to their tenth pinof.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

@alittledizzy your post probably wasn’t in response to mine, but I just want to clarify that I wasn’t underwhelmed, I was overwhelmed.

I watched it a second time and while the very beginning feels a bit forced to me and the very end still makes me uncomfortable (and of course that’s the point), the middle was delightful. I think I was also affected by what I now realize was a misunderstanding: I forgot that Dan was still in roasting mode when he said “that’s one Voldemort I wouldn’t bang”. :oops: Sorry I’m having a really rough day.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 pm @alittledizzy your post probably wasn’t in response to mine, but I just want to clarify that I wasn’t underwhelmed, I was overwhelmed.

I watched it a second time and while the very beginning feels a bit forced to me and the very end still makes me uncomfortable (and of course that’s the point), the middle was delightful. I think I was also affected by what I now realize was a misunderstanding: I forgot that Dan was still in roasting mode when he said “that’s one Voldemort I wouldn’t bang”. :oops: Sorry I’m having a really rough day.
You don't need to apologize! Also I realize it might have looked like that but my post wasn't in response to you, it came more from a place of frustration that I refreshed tumblr and had four separate asks of people trying to tell me either why they didn't like the video/how they felt about the 'one Voldemort I wouldn't bang' line meant phan isn't real or how it was stressing them.

I'm glad there were parts you still enjoyed, though!
PolarFox
truth bomb

IM REVIVING MY ACCOUNT JUST TO SAY THAT THIS WAS SO GOOD!!! :happytears: Today is a blessed day and a great finish to the 20gayteen. Dan’s “both is good” line is a big mood.
I have the humor of a twelve year old i know but the duck part (and then the bath) just killed me. Bless. :stan: :prideheart: :garbage:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!