Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

PINOF 10 was the exact combination of funny, sweet, unexpected, and self-aware that attracted me to Dan and Phil in the first place and keeps me watching their content. I was expecting PINOF to be just ok. This blew me away. I stayed offline a bit after watching it because I didn't want to catch any negative feelings. I never quite know when the phandom is going to hate something. This seems to have had a positive reaction though, I think?

"It's AmazingDan now" was on point imo. Phil has gone from accompanying Dan on piano by meowing the lyrics to accompanying Dan on piano by putting his ass on things. Their branding is just dicks now. I don't even like dicks and I'm here for it.

I'm somehow more excited now for the II commentary than I was before. I guess they just reminded me how much I love them and what they do and say.

Dan's been quiet on social media and I hope that means he's taking care of himself if he needs it.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm And then went off to his bff’s house. They refer to each other as soulmates and want to start a YouTube collab channel. Sigh.
That's adorable.

Can someone explain the infinity war section to me and how all that adorable grabbing and fancy editing was related to the plot? I haven't seen the movie, and I tried to read the wikipedia plot synopsis and it made my eyes bug out of my head.
vacule
squish

Im_new_here wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm And then went off to his bff’s house. They refer to each other as soulmates and want to start a YouTube collab channel. Sigh.
That's adorable.

Can someone explain the infinity war section to me and how all that adorable grabbing and fancy editing was related to the plot? I haven't seen the movie, and I tried to read the wikipedia plot synopsis and it made my eyes bug out of my head.
big bad guy decides the only way to save the world is to cut the population down by half so he goes on a mission to find stones to bedazzle his fancy metal glove which will give him the power to make people disappear. at the end of the movie he snaps his fingers and half the world's population disappears. in the movie peter parker goes 'i don't feel so good' before he dissipates hence dan saying that. the gratuitous touching is just dan and phil tbh
anyway pinof was so cute, laughed my ass off that phil playing the piano with his ass - shows how confident and comfortable he's become, LOVE IT
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

oh my god guys PINOF WAS SO GOOD
it was everything I wanted for it and I'm so happy! I tried to make timestamps and it turned into me just writing out the whole video so scrap that.

I loved every little bit of it:
the start with 'that's not how we start pinof'
the gigantic sharpies
'why not both?'
them fitting in the bathtub!!
the innuendos
the throwbacks
recreating the first selfie
phil punching dan!! (thanks phil, always wanted to see that)
the roasting was so funny!
all the touching!!!
corny ending

it was A LOT
it really feels both like a grown pinof, a celebration and filled with a lot of throwbacks and not one cringe.
they did so good, I'm so happy.
<3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

rizzo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 pm
susan2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm - Phil still uses the same shampoo after all these years eh (there's something oddly comforting about that) .
Funny you should mention Phil’s (color-protecting) shampoo. One of the first things I noticed was its location... in “Dan’s” bathroom.

Love that for us. 8-)
that!!!!!!! he !!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!
love that y'all pointed this out... yumby.,,,
and thr cute assortment of colourful and dark bathbombs in the little basket.... perfect...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So for the over-analyzers amongst us:

1:57 - Boxing stuff seemed to be close by at hand - just like the yoga mats were in GTPWTW. I wonder if they brought them to that flat solely for the filming bits or if they actually do their exercise-y stuff there?
2:06 - I love the face Dan makes when Phil accidentally injures him.
2:42 - ... the plant is fake, right?
3:19 - Phil's tongue between his teeth thing. The cuteness evokes aggressive urges within me, I wanna punch something.
3:29 - @kuensukki's question from last year is just the gift that keeps on giving.
3:40 - Side by side comparison: Phil wins.
3:54 - I would say I called it but I don't think that's much a victory. At this point it would be more shocking if they didn't say penis at least once per video.
4:09 - Phil calling Satan daddy. Mmmmk.
4:49 - I love that the strongest insult Dan can think of for Phil is 'I would not have sex with you' - because clearly depriving Phil of his magical sex stick is just top level roasting.
5:09 - They are both so pleased with Phil's roast.
5:40 - All the dead plants are ones in the filming apartment while all the live ones are in the apartment that I think a lot of us agree is the one they live in and therefore spend all their time in.
6;04 - What is that hat? Should I recognize that?
6:17 - I might be making this filthier than they intended but Phil pretends to mishear 'dick' instead of duck then Dan makes a Face when Phil says 'the only one I have is a small rubber one in the bathroom' and I can't unthink that it was just a continuation of innuendo.
6:46 - "Anything's a pet if you try hard enough." me.
7:05 - Phil's shampoo in 'Dan's bathroom (or at least the bathroom where Dan's rubber duckie resides, and the one he posted that bath selfie in). Bonus points for the bath bombs behind them. Also - 'the things he's seen' indeed. Tell us more, Dan.
7:28 - Dan presenting with his legs in triangular shape while humming the X-Files thing. What am I supposed to take from that? The truth is up his ass?
7:35 - The Phil stan account bit, lmao. I love.
7:49 - Moon room mirror!
8:09 - Phil commenting on Dan's straight hair being like he's going back in time just makes me wonder how many mornings Phil spent watching Dan straighten his hair.
9:00 - Dan shoving Phil's head into his lap, following by sexy hand on arm action in the immediate next question. I'm a fan. I'm being serviced.
9:44 - Santa hat on the lamp, cuuute.
9:46 - I love the heavy eye contact in this moment.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Don't mind me, just arriving late without Starbucks but having watched PINOF 5+ times now. It was a really good one (one of the best) although I do think that I liked 9 better. That's fine, it doesn't mean that this one wasn't brilliant and we've been spoiled this year anyway. I just felt like they were a little less in the zone than last year.

Highlights and commentary:

- Why do they have a giant cutouts of a Sharpie? Missed #spon opportunity tbh.
- Their whiskers really get worse every year :whiskers:
- The cat sounds were... something.
- Dan being the literal Pikachu meme when Phil hits him after having just tried imitating it. :o
- Ok but what the fuck is that pose at the "What does God sound like?" question??
- And then Dan died after poisoning himself by licking a plant.
- Phil sticking a somewhat phallic looking object down Dan's shirt. Content.
- Yesss Danny! Flip that bottle!! Love seeing last year's highlight make a return. :ASs:
- Dan, don't pull Phil's hair out when his hairline is trying so hard not to completely go the other way. Also the first time I watched it I heard grey hair instead of stay hair.
- Capita£ester is not here for Magical Sex Sticks. Unless he starts selling sex toys.
- Phil calling Satan 'daddy' huh? I swear I read that fanfic once.
- Dan would not bang that Voldemort. Welp, time to pack things up I guess. The antiphannies have won.
- omg Dan was so proud of Phil's cringe card roast.
- Dan, juding by the state of your channel you're pretty much already retired...
- If I were Phil I would have killed Dan right there and then for chucking my phone against the wall, but apparently that's just a thing that happens in the Lester-Howell household. :shrug:
- These men should not be allowed near a garden center.
- UwU
- Phil has a small d*ck. Dan has a really big d*ck. Quack.
- Anything Is A Pet If You Try Hard Enough. Now starting to think that that is what happened with Dan.
- It's not a PINOF without Dan putting his legs in the air.
- Ugh people who think they're better than other fans just because they've been a fan for longer are so annoying. :sideeye:
- Next year I'm gonna ask them to burn the hair straighteners forever. :onfire:
- If only Dan had been Nick's buddy in London, it could have been his slightly excessive wedding.
- Seeing them recreate that picture makes me slightly emo. They've come so far.
- Don't casually say AmazingDan like it's nothing you bastard. :x
- That was some quite unnecessary touching there Danny, but ok.
- Phil's ass is so fucking talented ugh.
- The Most Fun They've Ever Had. :happytears:

So. Is it the last one? While I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but I also feel like we can't know for sure until it'll be that time again next year. We gotta see how 2019 plays out for them on personal and professional levels, and what type of content they'll make for the rest of the year. I think I've reached a point where I wouldn't throw myself out of a window if PINOF died, but it would still be very sad to lose a nice tradition.

I hope everyone had a nice PINOF Day <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Wow, this video was incredible! It went so many places I didn’t expect it to go, and it definitely instantly became my new favorite PINOF. I feel like it might have been more efficient for me to just write a transcript for the whole video because every moment felt like a highlight. But here’s what I managed to narrow it down to:
  • [0:31] Dan rests his forearm on Phil’s shoulder to draw some cat whiskers on his face. This PINOF is off to the right start. :love1:
  • [0:44] Phil grabs Dan’s face and puts him in a headlock to draw whiskers on his face. Dan responds:
    D: What am I doing? I am twenty seven.
  • [0:47] Phil throws the Sharpie, and it hits Dan in the face. Dan feels betrayed, and he retaliates by hitting Phil with the giant Sharpie.
  • [1:08] Dan’s ASMR accent was...something.
    D: Hello and welcome to Phil’s not on fire.
  • [1:16] Phil meows. Dan purrs. Phil hisses. Phil arches his back and Dan brings out his claws while they both hiss. At [1:37], Dan pretends to be a horrifying cat. :cat:
  • [1:19] There’s a disturbing close-up of Dan licking at the camera.
  • [1:38] Dan and Phil fight with their giant Sharpies.
    D: Pen war!
    P: Take it!
    D: Here we go.
    P: No!
    D: Take my giant pen!
  • [1:51] A question prompts Phil to demonstrate his boxing skills and knock Dan out. Phil hits Dan with the boxing glove harder than he intended. Dan feels betrayed again. Some additional lighter punches by Phil on Dan return at [2:15].
  • [2:21] Dan and Phil create a strange crotch-to-crotch position with their bodies while the next question is asked.
  • [2:40] Dan aggressively licks Phil’s plant.
  • [3:16] Phil puts his yodeling pickle down the neck hole of Dan’s shirt. Dan’s only response is:
    D: Oh, my God! I have a cold pickle on my nips.
  • [3:35] Dan attempts to flip Phil’s bottle of Ribena by twerking his butt. It’s a total fail but the sight was glorious.
  • [3:43] Dan yanks one of Phil’s hairs out by the root. He sniffs it and says he’s going to sell it on eBay.
  • [3:53] Phil’s newfound need to say penis finds its way into PINOF:
    P: Describe a penis without getting demonetized.
    D: It’s a magical sex stick.
    P: That--That--That’s not good!
    D: That is exa--
    P: It’s meant to be innocent!
  • [4:20] Dan and Phil roast each other’s Instagram photos. Dan makes fun of Phil’s pout. Phil tries to forcibly take the sunglasses away from Dan, but Dan’s not done yet. He pulls up another photo and says:
    D: You literally look like Voldemort in that photo.
    P: I don’t--I--I don’t know what--It looked good!
    D: If you were any paler you literally wouldn’t have any facial features. Overall, this is one Voldemort that I would not bang. Oh! A reference!
    P: Oooh!
    D: Ahh!
    After Phil insists he can’t do roasting, he drops this sick burn: 🔥
    P: Oh, Dan, what did you drop on the floor? Your cringe card?
  • [5:16] Dan extends his hand to shake Phil’s, and Phil grabs it and does his own version of a handshake instead.
  • [5:28] Phil’s Russian “No!” returns. Okay, maybe not. But that’s what I thought of.
  • [6:01] Phil tells us all how to pronounce “uwu” once and for all.
  • [6:04] A question prompts Dan and Phil to describe puberty in a sound. Dan’s is angsty. Phil’s is sexual. Dan says:
    D: We got up to very different things.
  • [6:14] Dan asks Phil how big his duck is. Phil says the only one he’s got is a small rubber one in the bathroom. Dan finds this disturbing. Dan says he’ll show us his duck later.
  • [6:34] Dan gets freaked out by a bug that he thinks is a daddy long-legs. He says it’s a big, long bug. It’s a long boy. It’s a boy bug. It’s a bueg.
  • [7:01] A question prompts Dan and Phil to get in the bathtub together...and they do. :shock: Dan shows us his giant duck, as promised:
    D: Look at ‘im! Oh, the things he’s seen. Quack, quack.
  • [7:28] Dan creates an Illuminati triangle with his legs. :illuminati: All I can say is that he sure knows how to entice a guy to join his cult. 👀
  • [7:47] A question prompts Dan and Phil to revert back to their old hairstyles...and Dan starts to straighten his hair. The straightening continues at [8:08], and the transformation is completed at [8:15]. I loved Dan’s hair when it was straight, but now I want it to be curly forevermore.
  • [8:11] Thankfully, fiction lives forever. 😏
    P: Dan, how do you feel about Nick Jonas being married now?
    D: Dick is over.
  • [8:23] A question prompts Dan and Phil to recreate their first ever selfie. Everything about their recreation is incredible.
  • [8:57] A question prompts Dan and Phil to scroll through the PINOF10 hashtag on Twitter and do whatever the tweet they land on says. The tweet says to kill each other. Dan puts his hands around Phil’s neck. Then, he pushes Phil’s face into his lap and pretends to smother him with a pillow. :love1:
  • [9:07] A question prompts Dan and Phil to recreate Infinity War. In response, Dan grabs at Phil’s sleeve and arm as he, Dan, slowly disappears.
  • [9:34] A question prompts Dan to play his piano while Phil accompanies him with his ass. As Dan plays a lovely tune, Phil repeatedly sits on the piano...and Dan’s hand a few times.
  • [9:52] As Dan leans in to pretend to give the audience some cat whiskers, he basically puts his head on Phil’s shoulder.
  • [9:57] Phil says that he thinks we could say that this was the most fun he’s ever had. Dan playfully elbows and hits Phil on the shoulder.
  • Phil has remembered to include all of his and Dan’s social media links in the video description! We know this video must be important because this hasn’t happened since the mukbang. Individual merch links have been removed since there is currently only one combined festive shop.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
phanniemegan
tol bean

I loved it!!

My highlights include:
-Phil doing his tongue thing when he laughs, it's so cute and hasn't been talked about enough tbh
-When Dan pulled the hair out, Phil was going "don't pull it out, don't pull it out", implying this happens regularly??
-The selfie recreation- so good! they've come so far. Also, I'm gad dan no longer straightens his hair, curly suits him better imo,
-The sound effects of Phil playing the piano with his ass made me laugh so hard oml
knq
lava lamp

I'm just going to put it out there: I can't find any tweets asking Phil how big his "duck" is, asking Dan to describe a penis without getting demonetized, or asking Phil to do anything with his ass other than flip another Ribena bottle, nevermind play the piano with it.

The idea that we're too PG and dnp have to mix in their own innuendos is hilarious to me. :lol:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:21 pm Not to stray from pinof but I just saw this and...interesting. The last (and only? I think? idk I tend to have the memory of a sieve) time they did one was in 2015 around the tabinof New York book event, so I'm quite curious about this! I expect a liveshow soon then.
Looks like we have some more details: https://www.tumblr.com/explore/answertime
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
obvsly
#relatable

I’m on my sixth watch and still smiling like crazy in the middle of a restaurant no less. These two do not disappoint at all. And over 60,000 tweets for #pinof10 ? Whoever thought their popularity is declining needs to think again. View and subscriber counts might be down a bit but their core audience is as deeply invested as ever if not more.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Numbers-wise there as been some decline. About 2 years ago Pinof trended with 160k tweets and the survey in 2015 had 33k replies.

I’m loving that casual internetting tour-trunk photo, Dan looks so long and languid and Phil looks so unimpressed, but his bone structure’s on point. I’m getting the feeling they weren’t both sitting in the trunk at he same time, though, their legs would be hella squashed, heck maybe they were sitting elsewhere and pasted in completely :sherlock:
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil’s reblogging pinof art. That’s really nice. Dan liked some art not too long ago.
Feeling much better about pinof now. Since my husband refuses to watch the bizzare whiskers ritual, I had to describe every moment to him in bed last night. Amazingly, we’re still married this morning.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

After the 5th rewatch (or so), I am mostly amazed with Dan's quacking sound. How often does he quack in his daily life that he's so good at it?
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So - liveshow tomorrow, tumblr q&a Wednesday, twitter watch along at some point presumably after Wednesday.

I really hope there are gonna be some videos too. I don't mean to be picky, and I do have a feeling this is exactly why they nixed gamingmas - because they knew there was obligatory ii dvd promotion and wanted it to have some focus - but now that pinof is behind us I crave festive videos with everything in my soul.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:26 pm So - liveshow tomorrow, tumblr q&a Wednesday, twitter watch along at some point presumably after Wednesday.

I really hope there are gonna be some videos too. I don't mean to be picky, and I do have a feeling this is exactly why they nixed gamingmas - because they knew there was obligatory ii dvd promotion and wanted it to have some focus - but now that pinof is behind us I crave festive videos with everything in my soul.
I agree. I loved ii- had a great time at the show, enjoyed following the insta stories/m&gs, even bought the dvd. But I'm also kind of over it now. It's been fun but I'm ready to move on. Maybe it's just me?

But yes, festive videos please! More tour promo does not emotionally satisfy me :lol:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

CapriciousCrab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:43 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:26 pm So - liveshow tomorrow, tumblr q&a Wednesday, twitter watch along at some point presumably after Wednesday.

I agree. I loved ii- had a great time at the show, enjoyed following the insta stories/m&gs, even bought the dvd. But I'm also kind of over it now. It's been fun but I'm ready to move on. Maybe it's just me?
i couldn't agree more! i'm more than ready to move one tbh
:gayaf:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I just noticed I never preordered II so I guess I should do that. Whoops?!
And I want to get the fox sweater with it - do any of you have that and can tell me how the sizes are? I'm 5'6 (168 cm) but I prefer a less baggy fit. Worried S will be too short.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 pm I just noticed I never preordered II so I guess I should do that. Whoops?!
And I want to get the fox sweater with it - do any of you have that and can tell me how the sizes are? I'm 5'6 (168 cm) but I prefer a less baggy fit. Worried S will be too short.
I'd say the fox sweater is pretty loose and long. I'm 177 cm and slightly overweight, but the hem of size L easily covers half of my butt and still leaves some bagginess around my waist.
liola
rankussy

Same here, I'm really missing that anticipation of daily video tbh. I hope they have some more in store for us, I can't believe they're not taking advantage of that sweet December AdSense.

I'm mostly ready to move over ii as well, the only thing I'm wishing for is the commentary and then I can be done. I do think they just want to wrap it up completely though, so 2019 will be a clean start.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Trying desperately not to get my hopes up for a 2018 Festive Day in the Life, but those Instastories are so cute. If they felt the need to document such a lovely Christmas date experience I certainly wouldn’t complain

:festivedeppy: :ravetree:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

(just catching the thread up)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, happy festive night out, boys. Dan looks stunning in that forehead fringe photo, does he ever realise it? His hair never reminded me of Lego, though it does suit him better now. It was cute how the floof volume used to make it stick up.