Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:02 pm
Boterham wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pmI will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
Literal same. I hope that's the ending they're talking about. It's very much time.

Talk about emotionally satisfying.
I'm on the fence here. I didn't want dilmas, I don't want dilmas.

But I don't want the series to end either because I'm just totally here for the continuing adventures of Dab and Evan. I'm here for Dan and Phil playing out a whole lifespan of m/m relationship and growing into adulthood and home building and family building.
onceinaugust wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 pm
Boterham wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pm I always lurk on here but i'm so mad i need to express my opinion. why did they think dilmas is a great idea? don't they know half of their viewers are tired of the series?? I truly don't understand their decisions sometimes, just like the fact they didn't announce the DVD situation. ugh.

I will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
For them, they're probably just looking at the views their recent videos have gotten. The Sims series regularly has 200k+ more views than the regular videos around it. December is when Adsense money is the highest, so why wouldn't they go with 5 vids of their moneymaker if they knew they weren't going to be able to do a whole gamingmas? A lot of people don't like it sure, but when D+P look big picture, they're just seeing the views.
This is also very true. The casual audience's ad view money spends just the same as the dedicated audience. Grudgingly I will acknowledge that Sims is still their biggest view getter.

I hope they pull off some good baking to make it up to us, though.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This live show left me irritated. Firstly dnp didn’t even seem like they wanted to be there but they also didn’t address anything. I can understand not wanting to make promises but being so vague about every aspect of their careers is frustrating. I am usually pretty easily satisfied with the content they give us but it wouldn’t hurt them to just give us some information sometimes.

Topics they either evaded or created drama around:

-dvd release (plenty of mention of amazon but not once did they mention their shop)

-Christmas baking. They nixed Halloween baking so i hope they pull through but If they don’t it would be nice to put the thought to rest

- dilmas. Just a big ughhh to this. I can’t find anything positive to say

- bloopers. I know it’s Dan’s thing to always act slightly evasive about the bloopers but if they had any kind of realistic pulse on their fan base then they’d realize that acting so mysterious about them this year is just alienating/worrying/upsetting people.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

They were cute but am I bad for wanting solo lives back? There wasn’t much to this liveshow and I hate awkward silences while trying to think of things to say. I know it’s shitty but now it’s been over a year talking about ii I can’t wait for 2019 to start. I don’t really care about having questions answered on tumblr because I feel like it will be the same questions answered, how was living on a tour bus etc. I feel bad for being bored but I guess I’m just in the meh mindset going forth, because I don’t know how much of my time I can spend watching the sims. I’m only really here for devan now. I really couldn’t give a toss about any other storyline they could do.

I hope In 2019 we get better gaming videos. I know while on tour they really couldn’t do anything amazing and that’s why I was praying for gamingmas. I would love another series like undertale. Nothing where Dan’s screaming and over reacting just their natural selves immersed in a game.

If nothing exciting happens before Christmas I probably won’t post so I’ll just say I hope you all have a lovely time over Christmas 🎄 or whatever you guys celebrate
Last edited by Secretstanner on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Haven’t been able to watch the liveshow yet, but I’m also pretty “eh” about Dilmas. Definitely not my favorite but I’ll still watch.

I would be heart broken if they don’t do Christmas baking. If they really wanted to end the year on giving us what they want they’ll film in up north with Kath. (I would literally die of happiness).

Sucks about the DVD and their lack of acknowledgement. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe they’re stressed/ have a lot going on, but it’s still a bit disheartening.
xenia1910
not a first-time poster

I'm so sad and angry. "If your dvd comes in February just don't look at my twitter" Really, Dan? Thanks! While you and people from like four countries will have fun at your viewing party, we should just sit here in silence. Cool. Amazing. My dvd will arrive in January the 8th (in the best case) and the same goes for all my friends who ordered the dvd from Amazon. Here, in Russia, we can't even buy the dugital copy, and even if we could, i spent all my money on the disk...I hate this sutiation and I don't know what to do. The huge part of the fandom will feel left out and dnp don't really seem to care. I'm just disappointed. I know Dan can't like bring it to my door tomorrow by himself but i wish he didn't say the words that he said and could at least pretend he's sorry or whatever.
i have this strange avatar bc idk how to make 200x200 photos so i just googled it. this is a really nice shoe. :shrug:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I don't mind dilmas, although i hope they will focus more on devan because honestly... who cares about dil at this point. I really do think those 5 vids could have a lot of potential, but i guess we'll see.

However, I'll be incredibly upset if we don't get the Christmas Baking we've been waiting for. DnP have repeated the phrase 'we're giving the people what they want' over and over again this year, it'd be nice if they turned those words into reality, yk.
Secretstanner wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 pm I don’t really care about having questions answered on tumblr because I feel like it will be the same questions answered, how was living on a tour bus etc.
I agree. I'd definitely be more excited about the Q&A if there was a chance of actually getting some interesting stuff out of it, but knowing them and knowing how evasive they always are on topics that are more serious than houseplants and cereal, I am keeping my hopes quite low.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

onceinaugust wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 pm
Boterham wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pm I always lurk on here but i'm so mad i need to express my opinion. why did they think dilmas is a great idea? don't they know half of their viewers are tired of the series?? I truly don't understand their decisions sometimes, just like the fact they didn't announce the DVD situation. ugh.

I will only be satisfied with dilmas if they kill the series after the fifth day.
For them, they're probably just looking at the views their recent videos have gotten. The Sims series regularly has 200k+ more views than the regular videos around it. December is when Adsense money is the highest, so why wouldn't they go with 5 vids of their moneymaker if they knew they weren't going to be able to do a whole gamingmas? A lot of people don't like it sure, but when D+P look big picture, they're just seeing the views.
Not a pleasant realization, but probably at least part of the (commercial) truth.

December is turning out to be something of a flop. No gamingmas, uninspiring live streams and q&a's and a forgettable PINOF. Dilmas isn't really emotionally satisfying to me. I think they are missing the ball a bit on this one. They usually have a keen sense of what's going on in their audience, but this time I wonder if they just went for the views, missed the sims fatigue or if we're just chatting in our own bubble and really most people are just fine with Dilmas. All distinct possibilities ;)
In any case it really doesn't feel to me like their heart is in it anymore. Dinof on hiatus, no more individual live streams (and boring duo streams that just feel like a long spon commercial) and just generally less and less video content on about all channels.
Perhaps they'll pick stuff up in the new year but their content is becoming more and more formulaic. Will they take risks and can they change a course? Or are they to comfortable with the success they have now and to trapped in the expectations of their fans?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
dc34
glabella

liveshow was ok, I had a final during it so I couldn't watch it in real time

the whole dvd fiasco is such a mess

im whatever on dilmas tbh, i don't hate or love sims im really neutral towards it. I do hope we still get christmas baking, im p sure we're getting bloopers. Dan says the same thing every year about bloopers and we still get them so I still have hope on those.

im just ready to leave ii in 2018 and start fresh in 2019
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I don’t think it’s as bad as all that. Pinof wasn’t forgettable, if it was for you, fine, but it’s not a fact. I’m fine with dilmas, though very over Dan’s if you deserve it bs (we've all got through another year on this globe and if they want us to behave differently, tell us plainly, we can’t read your mind, Daniel, and it’s not a cute joke, we’re not all 3 years old). I do want baking as I thought they said they were planning it. They are sponning a lot lately, but then they are releasing the dvd of their baby they’ve spent all year working on. The liveshow did have some weird moments, but also some cute ones. We don’t actually know everything they’re got planned for the next week or two, but they’re doing a fair bit even if half is still around ii, heck we knew that.

Whatever’s up with dinof isn’t necessarily that neither of them are feeling youtube anymore and just going through the motions, I don’t think they’re good enough actors to keep up decent gaming videos and Pinof if they were that over it all. Dan’s feelings about his channel seem specific to the kind of content he was doing, not the simpler stuff. Tbh I’ve been a bit tired of a lot of the games they play and the bants not always making up for it, but I don’t think they’re just limping along either.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

While I am disappointed that II hype is bleeding over into festive content when I'd been banking on it being closed to wrapped up by now, I definitely wouldn't say their hearts aren't in 'it' meaning their careers as youtubers. I'm also pretty sure an international 9+ month long stage show definitely counts as a risk. It might not appeal to people who want youtube content only but on a personal level I'm understanding of videos not being their primary focus sometimes. I think their ability to put their focus on something immediately and exciting/stimulating to them (like a world tour) is what will keep their video-making longevity intact. Only ever making videos and not allowing themselves creative freedom to sometimes walk away from it and do things like travel, have meet and greets, perform in front of live audiences, etc seems to have really infused them with a renewed appreciation for their older, more queer audience and I'm very fond of that turn of events that 2019 has brought us. Once they're out of shop-sponning/dvd-selling mode I'll be a happy camper again.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I missed the liveshow but judging by reaction I don't think it's gonna be one I'll watch back later. :roll:

The DVD situation still sucks, why can't these two get it together with issues like this for once and talk to us? Considering all the talk about how much they like being able to put a face to the audience, they sure like forgetting that we're people when it's over huh?

And Dilmas... If it's the Devan Edition I guess I'll allow it, but I'm not ecstatic about it. If the first video is bad it will automatically just damper my enthusiasm for the other ones even if they're decent. I'm not feeling particularly festive this year, so it'd be nice to have something to really look forward to. Build another house and decorate it, I'd be up for that. But keep the actual Dil to a minimum. Let the elderly retire! Or die.

I still need Festive Baking. And PINOF bloopers. I miss Gamingmas and am starving for content! At least the previous years all the content in December made up for their New Years hibernation, but now that isn't the case and I know it's gonna suck. Watch them not uploading anything before like... January 25th or whatever. :snow:

Also am I the only one who has kinda let go of the dinof channel? Out of sight, out of mind. I don't miss it anymore. I'm over it and Dan's endless search for what kind of content he wants to make and the aesthetics to match. I'll start caring again when I feel like that channel will be going somewhere again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 pm Also am I the only one who has kinda let go of the dinof channel? Out of sight, out of mind. I don't miss it anymore. I'm over it and Dan's endless search for what kind of content he wants to make and the aesthetics to match. I'll start caring again when I feel like that channel will be going somewhere again.
Definitely not. I feel the same way. I think for me it's partly the reassurance that every channel is basically a joint channel now, so I'm not starved for Dan content, and I'd rather let Dan take his time to figure out whatever he needs to figure out (or just...keep the necessities to ap or dapg or even liveshows in certain scenarios) than have a semi-disastrous, possibly incoherent video. I also don't miss the inevitable backlash that comes with every dinof video, coherent or not. But I think that might be a minority opinion.
knq
lava lamp

All the adjusting of the camera and Dan being half-face was cute af. I love that Phil knows that squirrel wasn’t their Christmas ornament specifically because of its fluffy tail. He would remember a tail that fluffy.

I’m happy about Dilmas. The Sims isn’t as exciting to me as their other gaming content, but if we’re getting it every day for a week or however long, my standards for how exciting it needs to be are a lot lower. And I’m glad they’re not doing Gamingmas. I want them to work a reasonable amount and take care of themselves and each other for the holidays.

I didn’t get the sense at all that there wouldn’t be pinof bloopers? I had to go back and check. Phil says ‘it was a lol’ and Dan says ‘it was. And they don’t even know all the other stuff.’ Then he brings up bloopers. I think he meant to be more obviously teasing and Phil didn’t quite catch on, so it ended up sounding more serious than intended. Just my impression ofc.

As far as abruptly ending live-streams at the 29:59 minute mark, I’m finding the more obvious abruptness of jumping up for pizza delivery or shoving the squirrel ornament in front of the screen while Dan is still talking hilarious. Phil’s got style and I’m here for it.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm
Catallena wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 pm Also am I the only one who has kinda let go of the dinof channel? Out of sight, out of mind. I don't miss it anymore. I'm over it and Dan's endless search for what kind of content he wants to make and the aesthetics to match. I'll start caring again when I feel like that channel will be going somewhere again.
Definitely not. I feel the same way. I think for me it's partly the reassurance that every channel is basically a joint channel now, so I'm not starved for Dan content, and I'd rather let Dan take his time to figure out whatever he needs to figure out (or just...keep the necessities to ap or dapg or even liveshows in certain scenarios) than have a semi-disastrous, possibly incoherent video. I also don't miss the inevitable backlash that comes with every dinof video, coherent or not. But I think that might be a minority opinion.
Oh, yeah, you're definitely not alone. I, personally, have never cared for solo Dan content, especially whatever fake-deepness usually comes from his main channel, so in general I really don't miss dinof, but besides that, he seems to he happy staying on ap and dapg and I'd much rather him be doing things on those two channels than forcing himself to create something that can be held up to his dinof standards if that leads to less stress for him, which it seems like it does, judging by his general demeanor regarding his channel (and also that's kind of literally what he said in the mukbang vid so. yeah). So, I guess my point is that I really really don't miss dinof, and would be happy to not see it again for a long time, but also I more than anything else would like for Dan to just keep doing whatever makes him happiest when it comes to uploading videos
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Well, I have to say that this really wasn’t my favorite liveshow. They spent like ten minutes on the DVD then like one to two minutes each on a bunch of interesting topics like PINOF 10 and the movie premiere. And I definitely audibly said, “Noooooo!” when they announced the return of Dilmas as a replacement for Gamingmas, lol. Nevertheless, I’ll take a lackluster liveshow over nothing any day. Here are my highlights:
  • [2:42] Twins? Double pregnancy? Dan and Phil having a collective pregnancy and birth as one being? There’s a lot here.
    D: This is like--This is--It’s more than a child that we birthed for nine months.
    P: It is!
    D: This is like twins that we--
    P: *adjusts laptop* I’m just moving it to adjust to where you’re sitting.
    D: This is like twins that we had back-to-back in one pregnancy.
    P: Yeah.
    D: That’s a--
    P: It was kind of the length of a pregnancy--
    D: That’s a metaphor for--It was a double pregnancy!
    P: --because went on tour in--
    D: A degnancy.
    P: --March, and now we’re back.
    D: We--We said, “Hey, this is a thing we’re doing,” last November--
    P: And now we’ve--
    D: --or October.
    P: --pushed it out.
    D: And now we’ve squeezed it out of the birth canal.
    P: We have.
    D: We’re crying. We are covered in blood, but finally, after all the drama of this pregnancy--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --it is here.
    P: It is here! It has been born! So I’m so excited--
    D: *hold the DVD up to his face and imitates a baby’s cries*
    P: --that you guys get to see it.
  • [4:14] This is only a highlight because of the voice Dan does at the end to imitate him saying his own line. :lol:
    P: We could do the whole show like this. Wait.
    D: So--So what are we doing here, Dan?
    P: No, no, no. Wait, wait, wait.
    D: Okay. Here we go. Wait.
    P: Boom.
    D: So what are we doing here--I just did your line--Dan?
    P: So what are we--what are we doing here, Dan?
    D: *awesome voice* Giving the people what they want, Phil.
  • [6:46] This seems like it might be a bit of an overreaction, Dan. (I know "hand" makes more sense, but I definitely hear "head," so I'm leaving it like this.)
    D: If you move that laptop one more time--
    P: It’s like--
    D: --I’m gonna cut your head off.
    P: --on a motor. Right, let’s stay in--in frame, then.
    D: I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.
    P: Oh, he says that. *moves out of frame slowly*
    D: Why are you attacking me? I thought you were my friend.
  • [7:41] The Twitter viewing party for Interactive Introverts will likely be next week. Maybe Wednesday, maybe later.
  • [9:14] Dan reads a chat comment that asks him to stop scratching the rough plastic cover of the DVD case with his fingernails. Dan does a cheeky little scratch with one fingernail, then he starts scratching the cover with this teeth and nose. Phil tells him to stop, and he says that some kinky people surely liked it.
  • [11:08] Phil tells the story of the tree being delivered to their apartment. Apparently, it was guaranteed that it would be delivered by a man in a kilt, but two teenagers who didn’t want to be there delivered it instead. A memorable part of this story ([12:18]):
    P: So, this year, I was like, “You know what, Dan? I’m gonna throw you under the kilt-shaped bus.”
    D: And you know what? I was like, “Whatever.”
    P: If you get thrown under a kilt, don’t look up.
    D: *noncommittal shrug*
  • [14:20] Phil goes off screen to turn the lights to the rave tree setting. This takes a while, so he says ([14:31]):
    P: Wait for it!
    D: Oh, we’re waiting, Phil.
    Shortly thereafter, this happens ([14:54]):
    P: Is it this? No, that’s like, “Ooh, I’m slowly coming back to life! I’ve been hibernating for years!”
    D: I don’t want to be edged by a tree. Yeah.
    This part was super confusing to me, but I think that, much like “fanny,” “edged” can mean something very different in British and American English. Can anyone confirm whether this Urban Dictionary definition is accurate? Finally, at [15:05], Phil finds the rave tree setting, and Dan and Phil start singing the rave tree song. :love1:
  • [15:30] Dan and Phil tell a story of a mystery in their house. A white squirrel ornament magically appeared on their tree. Dan thought they had had it forever, and Phil started to think he was going crazy. As it turns out, a friend saw their tree’s aesthetic, got the ornament, and just hung it up when they were visiting. Phil thinks this was a good prank.
  • [17:47] Dan and Phil talk about YouTube Rewind, including why they weren’t in it. They say that they were asked to participate, but they weren’t available. Dan said this as a general statement, but something tells me that this might actually be what happened to them ([18:27]):
    D: If somebody wasn’t in it, they probably either said no, or they were asked two days before it was happening, and they were doing something else.
    Eventually, Dan asks Phil what he thought of YouTube Rewind, and it sounds like Phil was not very impressed. Dan thinks the logistics and production value of YouTube Rewind are always impressive, but he mostly agrees with this tweet that he liked:
  • [21:03] A nice rhyme from Dan:
    P: I was gonna wear some merch, but it’s all in the wash. I keep wearing it.
    D: Rippity roo, no spon for you.
  • [21:07] Dan and Phil talk about PINOF 10. Phil says that it’s one of his favorites. He doesn’t really remember PINOF 4-7. He remembers PINOF 1, 9, and 10 quite well. Phil says he sat for three full days editing PINOF 10 with Dan, and it was still making him laugh after spending that much time with it. He thinks that’s a good sign, and he equates the editing process with carving a statue out of a solid cube of marble. Dan goes further and says that they created David by Michelangelo. Then, this happens ([22:13]):
    D: And the giant Sharpie is the tiny marble penis.
    P: His ass was the whiskers.
  • [22:32] Dan says that we, the audience, “don’t even know all the other stuff” that happened in PINOF 10 before immediately saying that everyone is asking about PINOF 10 bloopers. Phil says that they already used a lot of the good stuff. But then Dan says that they’ll have to see whether we’ve been good this year, which leads me to believe that they’re just putting us on.
  • [23:12] Dan and Phil talk about going to Brazil. They say they got on a flight in the evening in London, stayed up for the entire flight, got to Brazil when it was midday, forced themselves to stay up for the rest of the day, did the movie premiere the next day, then immediately flew back to London that evening. They go on about how beautiful Brazil is for a while. :shrug:
  • [26:21] Dan and Phil announce that they will be bringing back Dilmas to replace Gamingmas this year. :|
  • [27:16] Phil sticks his tongue out and stiffly moves it about. It’s highly disturbing.
  • [27:20] Before Dilmas, there’s going to be a couple of other gaming videos. In one of these videos, there’s apparently a pretty eventful conclusion to something.
  • [30:41] Phil returns to the idea of the movie being like his and Dan’s baby. Then, he tries to end the liveshow. Dan objects with a series of “No”s in various voices that I found entertaining.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

onceinaugust wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 pm So if they're really not shipping the II DVDs from the d+pshop until the 18th, does that mean they're not getting to people by Christmas according to their tweet?
I'm pretty sure the dates on the tweet are the last order dates, not shipping dates! I don't know how long it takes to process orders, but at least the last EU, UK and some of the AU orders are probably shipped on the 18th or later anyway :shrug: They must have a super fast shipping or something because they seem to be very confident about those dates (i mean, confident enough to tweet any info to the phandom) and 12.-21. feels really late for something to go through the chaos also known as the post office.
Good luck to everyone struggling with the DVD 's, you are braver than the marines! Hoping that dnp would at least tweet that it's acknowledged and they're figuring it out.

The ls regarding future videos: tbh I really liked the stream, it had a bit different vibes to some recent ones but not weird enough to put me off. They seemed tired or stressed, and I wouldn't judge them if that's true. A lot seems to be going on with ii and merch, plus the "December YouTube season", plus they only just filmed and edited PINOF, plus general pre-holiday stress. I guess that's also why I'm not surprised by the lack of videos. YouTube videos have been the highlight of my December for the past few years and Gamingmas has been the cherry on the top (... :omgsomuch: ) so it feels a bit weird how the ii hype has been taking a lot of space from the festive content this year. I still feel like December hasn't properly started :D But there are always other YouTubers (recommendation that especially reminded me of dnp: simplynailogical's gingerbread house video. Also Rose and Rosie).
2018 is just a different year. Dilmas is an easy option for them, I didn't ever really like it either and will never understand Sims fanatics (sorry @ my sister if she reads this some day, I appreciate your 1000+ Origin hours) but it'll be 5 new videos after all, and most casual fans apparently like it! I hope that we get Gamingmas next year though, because that would go well with them doing series 3 times (see: DanandPhilCrafts, Top Dan Memes...). It needs a closure!

I wouldn't worry about the bloopers either, I remember them being just as unclear about them last year and the year before that. "Maybe, if you haven't been too naughty!" But if they truly don't have enough bloopers this year or just want to shake things up, they still seem to have something in store for us because they said Dilmas would end on the 24th. A baking video for a Christmas present??? Imagine that :festivedeppy: :epictree: <3

The thing coming to end: I'm betting 12 euros and a half eaten jar of Nutella that it's Dan vs. Phil. It sounded really epic, I'm so excited for that as well! Or golf would go aswell.
A suggestion: Dan vs. Phil finale: Christmas baking. With golf equipment.

The ls in general: I loved the bunny story and the kilt story as well. Wtf was Dan doing with the commentary, it's so funny when they speak at the same time and Phil is doing some kind of an announcement or spon, and Dan is just making weird or deep comments about it in the corner. 2018!Rave tree song and the tree itself was something. Can't believe they have come this far, a gold/silver christmas tree! True adults. It's nice to have a confirmation that they actually do enjoy making PINOF, you never know in yt nowadays, but they don't seem to be bored. Also, am I hallucinating or did Dan throw the bunny at the camera? That was a true jumpscare. The sudden ending was also A+ :D
As I don't have a DVD w/ the commentary on the way, I'm counting days to visiting the pop up shop! Still don't know what I'm gonna do with the suitcases, not gonna get to the 2nd floor unless there's an employee willing to help or something. But I'd never skip a rare opportunity to participate in something dnp have set up irl because of a few 10's of kilos of my belongings...
starwatersong
phabergé

I did order the DVD through Amazon in October (Canada here) and it was supposed to come today.

It’s been pushed to December 20th. 🙄

Dilmas was... meh. I’m really hoping for the baking because I’ve been hoping for it since the pumpkin carving.

Oh well. Still also hoping for no drought in January (good luck with that one).

Loved the squirrel story — very cute!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

itasca00 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:26 am
P: Is it this? No, that’s like, “Ooh, I’m slowly coming back to life! I’ve been hibernating for years!”
This part was super confusing to me, but I think that, much like “fanny,” “edged” can mean something very different in British and American English. Can anyone confirm whether this Urban Dictionary definition is accurate?
I definitely took it as the sexual meaning, as in the tree was teasing the lighting process of actually being fully lit out for a dramatic amount of time.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

starwatersong wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:44 am Oh well. Still also hoping for no drought in January (good luck with that one).

...And now I'm scared of January! At least they can't say they're resting after Gamingmas. Make content, bois :stan:

Also, this post made me realize I was saying bunny instead of squirrel the whole time in my post. I'm dying. My tiny, exhausted, non-native English speaker brain was trying really hard to sound like an intellectual and then just replaced the name of the correct animal with another fluffy and small one. you tried. I'm gonna go to sleep now :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

anime_is_not_cool wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 am
starwatersong wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:44 am Oh well. Still also hoping for no drought in January (good luck with that one).

...And now I'm scared of January! At least they can't say they're resting after Gamingmas. Make content, bois :stan:

Also, this post made me realize I was saying bunny instead of squirrel the whole time in my post. I'm dying. My tiny, exhausted, non-native English speaker brain was trying really hard to sound like an intellectual and then just replaced the name of the correct animal with another fluffy and small one. you tried. I'm gonna go to sleep now :D
... if it makes you feel better, English is my first and only language and I read bunny in your post and knew exactly what you meant and never once did it occur to me that it was the wrong animal.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:48 am
itasca00 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:26 am
This part was super confusing to me, but I think that, much like “fanny,” “edged” can mean something very different in British and American English. Can anyone confirm whether this Urban Dictionary definition is accurate?
I definitely took it as the sexual meaning, as in the tree was teasing the lighting process of actually being fully lit out for a dramatic amount of time.
That makes sense! Thank you! My initial interpretation was right, but I just didn't get why Dan was saying it. That's...incredible. I know I really shouldn't be, but nevertheless I'm surprised that Dan said that. :lol:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i would rather sacrifice the sims series if it means we get christmas baking. and pinof bloops. and no more #spon.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Oh man, I just watched the liveshow and was gonna come on here to say how freaking lovely and full of joy and open they seemed today, but I'm sorry to see so many of you did not have the same experience as I! And that really sucks about the DVDs, I hope everyone gets theirs as soon as possible :/

I am a bit disappointed by having a Sims only Christmas, though I thought it was interesting how it seemed as though they'd already filmed most of them, plus videos for before then (or maybe just planned them), perhaps they're planning on taking a holiday earlier than usual? (someone probably mentioned this already) But then maybe that also means a shorter New Years Eve hibernation period? Or not...

I dunno, overall I feel like they've been spending a lot of time running around working on all sorts of different things (pop-up shop, pinof, II DVD, II Q&A, Dilmas, prefilming gaming vids?, decorating their wonky yet elegant tree, having friends over to secretly hang things on said tree, shooting down the YT Rewind people), however that hasn't necessarily translated into brand new consumable content for us apart from pinof. Idk the vibe they gave off to me was having been worn out but happy and proud after working really hard, you know? Or maybe Phil was just hyped on sugar and Dan was feeling fondly long-suffering, who knows... Anyway they kinda did feel like new parents to me, in some sort of weird way... Or maybe Phil's constant talk of pregnancy and giving communal birth is getting to me...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Since dinof was brought up, I kinda miss it. Not actively missing it, but it was my intro to them, I love his sharp observations, how quick and clever he can be with his words and expressions and more recently his more personal stories. I hope he does come back with individual content, but I want him to enjoy it most of all.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I would really love story times on dinof. I think Dan is very good at telling stories in a fun and exciting way and I think he enjoys that as well. (Since every time Phil wants to tell something that he experienced, Dan takes over and adds details to make it a better story).
No need for a deeper meaning or a life-changing philosophy. "This funny thing happened to me at the store yesterday" [10:01 minutes]. I'd watch. I'd watch it over the Sims every day.