Tom Daley

sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

I recently started watching his videos, and I find them really pleasant. The first one that popped up in my recommended box was Diving Into Gymnastics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmOaDf7Nk-s. I found it really interesting to see which skills were transferable between the two sports, and I found both Tom and Nile to be entertaining. So I started watching some of Tom's other videos; mostly vlogs from various competitions. The content was light-hearted and fun, sort of like bakeoff but with diving.

Does anyone else watch Tom's videos?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I loooove Tom so so much. I admit I'm not a very sporty person (sadly), but I adore his personality and just find him pleasant to watch.
I admit the content I love the most from his channel is anything that he does with his husband Lance. This will sound superficial as heck, and I promise this is NOT the reason why I like them, but they remind me a lot of Dan and Phil. But other than that, they're just fun, have an awesome dynamic and make me feel happier even when I'm anxious.

Some examples of Tom's videos with Lance:

Overall, I really love Tom and I still remember Phil's reaction to his mildly (or not so mildly) flirty tweet. :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

Oh yes, what a nice new thread! The Christmas decorating vid they just posted is amazing. "That's not Christmas... But it does require batteries" :lol:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 pm
Overall, I really love Tom and I still remember Phil's reaction to his mildly (or not so mildly) flirty tweet. :lol:
I hadn't yet seen any of Tom's videos when this famous twitter moment occurred. I had heard of him, I'm not a big sports person, but I LOVE the Olympics. (I swam and played water polo as a teen so I really enjoy getting to see sports I actually like broadcast in prime time on a major network.) Anyhow, when Tom responded to Phil's silly post, I was amused. Now that I've seen Tom's videos, I really really want to see him collab with DnP.

My dream DnP/Tom collab would be him teaching them how to dive, but Dan would never (in a million years) go for it. However, Tom also does baking videos so I'm going to wish for a baking collab instead. That seems more likely. Tom's got some skills so I feel like he could teach them a thing or two, and I think the 3 of them would get on well together in a video.
Ablissa
pastel persona

sapienveneficus wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm I hadn't yet seen any of Tom's videos when this famous twitter moment occurred. I had heard of him, I'm not a big sports person, but I LOVE the Olympics. (I swam and played water polo as a teen so I really enjoy getting to see sports I actually like broadcast in prime time on a major network.) Anyhow, when Tom responded to Phil's silly post, I was amused. Now that I've seen Tom's videos, I really really want to see him collab with DnP.

My dream DnP/Tom collab would be him teaching them how to dive, but Dan would never (in a million years) go for it. However, Tom also does baking videos so I'm going to wish for a baking collab instead. That seems more likely. Tom's got some skills so I feel like he could teach them a thing or two, and I think the 3 of them would get on well together in a video.
Aah, that's awesome! Yeah, I can see why you like his diving stuff. I'm less into that as I have no clue about anything related to the Olympics, but Tom's personality shines even in the videos I don't have much interest in.

My dream collab would be Deppy with Tom and Lance. It will never happen. Even the Tom collab won't happen. But I can dream, right?

Sidenote, their new Christmas decorating video is up and it's every bit as great as last year.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I cried at the end with Lance in that hat, hahahaha!(and I miiiiight have a bit of a crush on him but we will not talk about it)

Seriously, they're just so cute, I love them. And yeah, I would die for them to collab with dnp.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
George
sad dimple

I've watched Tom occasionally for a while now. As I'm kind of into exercising and healthy food and sports in general, I find his videos of trainings and competitions quite interesting. And he seems like a funny and smart guy. I also watch Nile every now and then for the same reasons, and that's how I originally found Tom. In fact, I've always wondered why such a few athletes utilise youtube as a platform, as it could be a great way to gain popularity and sponsor one's career. It works with all kind of schedules too.

Anyway, back to Tom's videos...Unfortunate for me, I find Lance's sense of humor irritating and unmatured as ****, and I sometimes end up skipping Tom's videos if Lance is in them. I recognize this is an unpopular opinion since people on the youtube comments seem to think Lance is hilarious. Oh well.

I don't really see that much resemblance with Dan and Phil. While they both do baking videos, Tom and Lance's relationship is so much more out and open, they have a baby now and a lot of Tom's videos are sporty daily vlogging. But that doesn't mean they couldn't do a great collab together. :tu:

(Also, I once tried one of his healthy food recipes, and...well, it was bad. :lol: I'm a better cook myself, and I'm not even that good...)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

George wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:19 pm I've watched Tom occasionally for a while now. As I'm kind of into exercising and healthy food and sports in general, I find his videos of trainings and competitions quite interesting. And he seems like a funny and smart guy. I also watch Nile every now and then for the same reasons, and that's how I originally found Tom. In fact, I've always wondered why such a few athletes utilise youtube as a platform, as it could be a great way to gain popularity and sponsor one's career. It works with all kind of schedules too.

Anyway, back to Tom's videos...Unfortunate for me, I find Lance's sense of humor irritating and unmatured as ****, and I sometimes end up skipping Tom's videos if Lance is in them. I recognize this is an unpopular opinion since people on the youtube comments seem to think Lance is hilarious. Oh well...
I too don't watch the videos he makes with Lance. Lance is pretty obnoxious personality-wise, but that's not the biggest deal breaker for me. I just can't get past just how young Tom was when they met. Good Lord, Lance was older than I am now, and Tom was a teenager! And I'm sure I'm about to hear a chorus of "Age is only a number" comments. Yes, I understand that May-December romances are a thing and that many do work out in the end, but, for me, it comes down to old the people in the relationship were when the relationship began. There's an unbalanced power dynamic that makes me uncomfortable. Let's use a 15 year age difference as an example. I wouldn't bat an eye at a 60 year old striking up a relationship with a 45 year old. But I would certainly find a 15 year old dating a 30 year old off putting (and I'm guessing I'm not alone there). So, yeah, that's why I don't watch the videos with Lance.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

I thought I might try reviving this thread. I've really been enjoying Tom's videos this year, especially this behind the scenes look at the British National Cup:

As the hiatus continues, I've been relying on other YouTubers to try and fill the void left by DnP. Anyone else having a similar struggle? Anyhow, Tom's got a very different style, but his videos tend to be a good mix of pleasant and inspirational content. I'm also kind of excited to see his journey to the 2020 olympic games.