Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

That video was just good moments the entire way through. I want to timestamp the whole thing, really.
Puffy
drama llama

Edit because I had a thought - oh the irony of Dan saying like "it's just a teenage thing, you're not choosing your future husband". I mean, baby, you chose your future husband when you were 18.

I quite enjoyed Phil spluttering at the idea of teenage Dan wanting a "project" to work on for this exact same thought
autumnhearth
senpai

That was brilliant, bless Bryony for bringing this into their lives. I love how little they held back (except for Phil continuing to not acknowledge his own furriness, but if that all I gaveto complain about at the end of 2018, we’re good) and how they analyzed each other. Richard was made for Phil. I would love them to play more games like this. Actually they need to get on it with developing that diverse 2018 version of this game. Add it to the folder Phil. Oh goodness I forgot to mention the outfits. Phil in that maroon heart shirt with the quiff and glasses = a dream come true and Dan has always looked soft in that jumper. Oh and I had to pause at 25s just to take in Phil saying he was getting his guns out especially for the lads. Mmm that gay geek confidence was radiating off of him.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

this was beautiful. i was already laughing out loud three minutes in at the 90s fashion and poses and then i never stopped, so judging by that this was the most fun i've had in a while on a deppy channel. i genuinely want to play that game now, but i was just searching for it on ebay and there's only 6 offers 50€+ (though it'll be cheaper if you're in the US since half of it is shipping, if anyone else was considering buying it). there's an auction currently at eight bids and running until an hour from now -- i'm wondering if that's just coincidence or if deppy just started the heart :love2: throb renaissance.

also i just need to say dear god @ "for all girls who love boys".
thank's you were great
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Favorite gaming vid from them out of the entire year. I really really hope they make this a sequel, I actually squealed. I love it when they play board games, there's just a certain fondness to it

<3
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel restored and revitalized by this video.

And also entirely unsure how 3.6% of people who filled out the survey genuinely think that Phil Lester is straight.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, that was something and fricking hilarious. Bless Bryony. I love how the different cards you pick give you infinite varieties of characters, I felt like I got to know each of them, at least enough to make up my own personalities for them by the end. Interesting to hear their reasons for picking their choices for each other and themselves. Also very much agree that Phil looks hella good in his heart shirt and glasses.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Fascinating bit of comparison here:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

that video was incredible for so many reasons. they don't give a fuck anymore and I love it
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 am Fascinating bit of comparison here:
Dan: We should probably make a video about that...
Phil: Yeah, I think we're going to make a video...

*6 YEARS LATER*
Who should we date? Dan and Phil play Heart :love1: Throb!

:rofl:

I love them truly. I suppose we can be expecting the "vegas video" any day now!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I am overfreakingwhelmed. Asked my non-phandom SO, who watched the video with me "Do you think there's any possibility they're not together after watching this video?"
Them: "Uh, no."

Now I understand what they meant by the fact that we would be emotionally satisfied by the December gaming content. I feel emotionally satisfied. It's not gamingmas, it's gaymingmas.
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 am Fascinating bit of comparison here:
can i just say that i'm really really happy that in 2012 dnp did not decide to make this video but waited until the holy year of 2018 to do so :prideheart:
pcvaidya
squish

I'm still stuck on Phil straight up saying "you've got like weird furry stuff going on" to Dan.

like that's not really something that up for interpretation Phil dear. Unless Dan has recently become very hairy.
autumnhearth
senpai

^^ amen to that, they needed those six years to grow

A bit off topic but, I’m bewildered that it appears that Lion is in stock on amazingphilshop.com but is not showing up in the AmazingPhil section of either the US or global danandphilshop sites. And there isn’t a US AP up currently... whyyy?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm gonna be processing this video in bits and pieces but at the moment I'm stuck on:

- Phil thinking a nudist BEACH is fine but absolutely not having it when it comes to a nudist CAMP.

- Phil pointing out Dan has 'weird furry things' but then on the flip side Phil trying to say he likes animals and Dan clarifying that Phil likes animal mating calls.

- Phil not understanding the concept of dating someone 'as a mistake' or as a project.
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

I misread the video title as "why should we date?" and had to do a double take :facepalm2:

Besides that, the video was really amazing, I love Phil's little anctedote about prom. I had the same reaction as Dan ;;
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

While I continue to process that video and its contents as a whole, I'd like to take a moment in this post to acknowledge Phil's little grey hairs. They are beautiful and perfect and I love them.

Amen.
bifaeri
tol bean

I loved that video. And I’m sorry I doubted you dnp, that was very emotionally satisfying. I love how good at it Dan was and how not great Phil was. This was great content. All hail Bryony. (Is this the first time they’ve mentioned her in a main channel or gaming video? I’m new here and I don’t recall. We all know about their friendship but usually they don’t mention names in main channel/gaming videos)

Aside: I’m working on the subtitles for this vid and uh... Dan talks a lot. Like I’ve seen people mention it before but I never realized how much of what I attribute as both of them talking is mostly just Dan with a few random Phil phrases (at least in gaming videos) probably because they feed off each other so well and there aren’t really stretches of silence or anything which just shows how well they work together but like damn daniel, let the man speak lol
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

thumbnail looks like dan is checking phil out
what a great video, keep this mood boys
karma_yeah
philussy

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:46 am I feel restored and revitalized by this video.

And also entirely unsure how 3.6% of people who filled out the survey genuinely think that Phil Lester is straight.
The only thing I can think of is that they answered the survey before that video came out!

Ummm, that was AMAZING! I honestly did not see something like that coming. I loved the video, and was riveted to every word they said the whole time. It was so good on, so many levels. I need to go rewatch it and process it some more.

But, WELL DONE :festivedeppy:! VERY well done!! :thankyou:
What goes around, comes around Image
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 am I'm gonna be processing this video in bits and pieces but at the moment I'm stuck on:

- Phil thinking a nudist BEACH is fine but absolutely not having it when it comes to a nudist CAMP.

- Phil pointing out Dan has 'weird furry things' but then on the flip side Phil trying to say he likes animals and Dan clarifying that Phil likes animal mating calls.

- Phil not understanding the concept of dating someone 'as a mistake' or as a project.
tbh when they said nudist camp, all i could think about was "what about the mosquitoes? thats a free for all buffet right there" but ive never done actual camping (like, regular camping and not a nudist one) before so who am i to talk. also i am totally w you on that furry thought. phil is totally a furry
"you are next to me in my life"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

You know a video is good when it takes a fourth watch to realize Phil's in glasses.

We truly are blessed on this Sunday.

I'll stop making singular posts about this video.... eventually.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

my heart after that video: :love1:
I feel like there were a few times when "he just looks like your type" was going to slip through but they refrained from saying it. sweet.
also wOW they both looked great here. I know I'm weak for phil lester, but he doesn't have to rub it in.
Buddahbug
phillion/danosaur <//3

Amiaw wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:23 amI also loved how offended Phil seemed when dan was trying to explain why he picked Bobby. This video was a 10/10
This may have been my favorite part, that and Phil horrifying himself by suggesting he may play this with his grandfather :rofl:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I was kinda disappointed that we didn’t get a liveshow today, but, boy, do Dan and Phil know how to make it up to me! But now imagine if we had gotten 24 back-to-back games like this and golf... My highlights are below. There's a lot to unpack in this video, so I've included a bunch of extended quotes.
  • [0:00] Again, the tone of the video has been set quite well. :thumb:
    P: Hello, DanAndPhilGAMES--
    D: Badum badum--
    P: --dream boats.
    D: --throbbers, and--
    P; You can’t call them throbbers. That--That must be the fastest demonetization that we ever got!
  • [0:13] Dan comments that Phil’s got his guns out. Phil says that he’s got his guns out for the lads, which is especially appropriate for the game that they’re playing.
  • [0:25] Nice scare quotes, Danny.
    D: Today we are playing--
    D&P: Heartthrob:
    D: The dream game for “girls.”
  • [0:32] Phil says that he and Dan were introduced to this game by their friend Bryony. All I can say is: Thank you, Bryony!
  • [1:20] Dan imitates the girl on the box. This is not the last time.
  • [2:28] All I'm getting from this is that Phil's saying that Dan's into water sports. :lol:
    D: So, as we said, we’ve got the personality cards.
    P: Ooh.
    D: Uh, what do we have there?
    P: Like "Nicknamed 'Whiz Kid.'"
    D: Right. Don’t wanna know what he whizzed on to do that.
    P: And "Fast food freak." That person might have my heart.
    D: Don’t attack me. I’m a fast food freak. And this one here: "Has to be the center of attention."
    P: Are they all just written about you?
  • [3:01] So it seems that Dan's pretty easily hot and bothered by a nice set of arms. 😏
    D: Wait, is that Gary from the front? Okay.
    P: Oh, wow. I’m seeing a whole new side of him and his mullet.
    D: Hello. Yes, and that--The--The side is the arms. That’s what we’re seeing there. He has got a whole vein situation going on there.
    P: He does. That’s throbbing.
    D: So I’m actually intimidated by this. I don’t know why.
    P: His--His expression is like, I might punch you in a second.
    D: Just...something. This whole energy scares me.
  • [3:19] "Sax master." Nice.
    D: Hello, Simon!
    P: Oh, he’s got his--
    D: The sax master has arrived.
    P: --sax out.
    D: Toot, toot. Hello.
    P: He’s a jazz man.
  • [3:27] Dan comments that he thinks all of the models look like they’re 33. Phil agrees and comments that Simon is like one of his dad’s friends. You’re almost 32, Philip.
  • [4:10] Dan and Phil are disappointed that they only have white potential boyfriends to choose from.
  • [4:32] Dan was totally going to say, “Okay, you just ruined it.” You can't convince me otherwise.
    P: He’s got some guns!
    D: He--That--There is a lot going on here.
    P: Yeah.
    D: I mean, Bobby works out. Sure. Fine.
    P: But he cares about grooming. It’s like he’s presenting his armpit to the camera like, Aw, come on, Jenny. Have a sniff.
    D: It’s a look. Okay, you just--
    P: It is.
    D: You’re continuing to drive this darker.
  • [4:52] Adorable, sense of humor, and kinky. What more could Dan want? 😏
    P: Look at that with the sexy glasses in the mouth!
    D: Oh, my God. I’ve--I--
    P: He’s like, Hey.
    D: I really don’t know what to make of this.
    P: Want to come back to the library with me? I think he looks a bit creepy. I think he wants to murder me.
    D: Really? No, I’m not getting that. I--I think he’s kind of adorable with a sense of humor.
    P: He’s got some--
    D: First impressions.
    P: --weird kinks hiding--
    D: Alright.
    P: --underneath those knit wares.
  • [5:27] Phil, you really can't be throwing shade if you also own one of those pickles...
    P: I think this guy’s mysterious. I think he’s got some dark secrets. Something hiding--
    D: Yeah, I--I’m gonna say: Absolute potential serial killer.
    P: Something under his bed we are not seeing.
    D: Alright, well, Phil--
    P: He’s got a few yodeling pickles down there.
  • [6:07] Yeah, I don't think school officials are going to like hands on the boobs any better than hands on the butt, there, Dan. :lol:
    D: We got to play the game how they’re imagining. They--They’re not like, “Hey, do you wanna do some Fortnight dances with me?”
    P: No.
    D: No, this is like a--a grind.
    P: A grind?
    D: Yeah, this is Miley Cyrus/Robin Thicke--
    P: We weren’t allowed to grind at my school.
    D: --in the middle of the school. No, no. This’s slow dance. Just a--
    P: Slow dance!
    D: --hand on the side.
    D: Not down there! Up here. Slow dance.
  • [6:24] Phil tells a story of him slow dancing at his prom. It was very embarrassing. He had a very wide stance, and someone took a picture of it. But it was all good because he got to ride in a limo.
  • [6:55] A gentle soul who treats everything like a joke? Now, who does that sounds like?
    D: I think you want to go for the person who maybe doesn’t take themself too seriously--
    D: --and will treat you gently.
    P: Gently?
    D: I think you chose Richard.
    P: I did choose Richard! He was the only one with a bit of cheeky smile, so I thought he might be a bit of fun.
  • [7:08] Again, Dan is easily hot and bothered by some arms...
    P: I think--
    D: Yeah. Why did you make this decision?
    P: I made this decision because--I don’t--
    D: What? I’m--I’m literally ready to be offended right now. Come on.
    P: I thought you’d want to dance with Bobby.
    D: Why?
    P: Because he’s the one that likes to groom himself, and he probably, like, has nice fashion.
    D: Wait, wait, wait a--Oh.
    P: You thought thinking he might have a good suit.
    D: There’s some kind of compliment there.
    D: I dunno. Um...I chose Mick.
    P: Why?! Why would you choose Mick?!
    D: Bobby...are you frickin’ serious?
    D: I feel like he would somehow hurt me, or--
    P: Oh, by crushing you too hard with his--his huge arms?
    D: --I’m just scared of him. I don’t wanna--I just--Wh--I don’t know much about Mick yet.
    P: Right.
    D: He seems kinda low-key. I think--
    P: He looks like he would breathe down your neck really heavily.
    D: Stop ruinin’ Mick. Okay? I’m just--
    P: Fine. I don’t get a point.
    D: Bobby scared me. Richard also scared me. So there we go.
  • [7:56] Of all the references I thought I might get in this video, Granny was certainly not one of them.
    D: The next scenario is: Will you go to a party with me on Saturday night?
    P: Ooh. That’s a bit less formal than a slow dance.
    D: Uh, but it’s more of a time commitment--
    P: I’m less worried.
    D: It’s--Ye--This is talking.
    P: This is an evening--
    D: This is hangin’ out.
    P: --with the person.
    D: This is socializing with other people, and, you know, the night leads somewhere, or maybe it doesn’t.
    P: Okay.
    D: So--
    P: Sure.
    D: --a nice PG peck on the cheek...with your grandma looking in the doorstep.
    *A horrible image of the grandmother from Granny rises from behind the couch.*
  • [8:53] What does that even mean, Dan?
    D: He’s a band kid. That really…
    P: This one time, at band camp--
    D: Honestly--
    P: What’d you do with the tuba?
    D: --lookin’ at him nibble on those glasses, I think Richard has a good time at band camp.
  • [10:23] Dan can totally handle a superficial relationship.
    D: Right. You guess me first.
    P: Dan, I think--
    D: Why did you make this decision?
    P: I made this decision slightly based on your reactions to these cards.
    D: Alright. Okay. How well do you know me, Phil? Let’s find out.
    P: I think you’ve chosen Richard.
    D: Ooh. I chose Bobby!
    P: What?!
    D: That is right.
    P: Why?
    D: ‘Cause he’s rich, and he wants to be a secret agent! From a party-going perspective, that means he’s probably got a massive house--
    P: I--
    D: --which would be for a good party.
    P: Uhh.
    D: I don’t have to like him--
    P: I’m rubbish at this.
    D: --or think that he’s an ethically lovely person.
    D: But he probably has a pool. And then also, he wants to be a secret agent. What the hell does that mean at a party? I dunno. I’m interested.
  • [10:59] I like how Dan made Phil give a big, long answer about why he chose who he did for Dan, but Dan thinks he only needs to give a one sentence response when it's his turn to explain his choice.
    D: I think that your answer--I’m gonna be strategic here ‘cause I think you’re being strategic and weird.
    P: I--I’m not. I’m not being weird!
    D: This is a game, people.
    P: I’m not tryin’ to snek you.
    D: I think Richard is the match for you.
    D: But I think, for some weird reason, you chose Mick.
    P: I did choose Mick! How did you know?
    D: ‘Cause that’s just what you’re like.
    P: I’m--I’m not trying to snek it.
    D: Explain yourself!
    P: Anyone that’s in a band at a party is gonna go straight to play the instrument at the party’s band.
    D: “Hey, babe. Wanna see my tuba?”
    D: *tuba noise*
    P: He’ll get his tuba out and then join his band mates.
    D: For the lads.
    P: But I wanna know why Mick is nicknamed “The Lemon.” So I could go with him to the party, and that’s a good conversation piece.
    D: That is a big risk.
    P: “So I hear you’re called ‘The Lemon.’”
    D: You--You are--That--Okay. You are a brave man.
    P: I’m not saying--I’m not saying we’re gonna go on a date, but it’s more just like: I wanna chat about why you’re called “The Lemon.”
  • [12:28] It’s revealed that Bobby wants to spend his holidays at a nudist camp. Dan’s first response is, “Look, he works out.” Phil thinks it’s weird that it’s not a beach, but Dan doesn’t want to shut this idea down. He says that maybe it’s by a lake, and he says it would be a good way to get a good all-around tan. Dan is totally into this idea.
  • [12:44] This is an awfully strange conversation.
    D: “Enjoys imitating the mating calls of wild animals.”
    P: I think Richard might be a furry.
    D: A nineties furry.
    P: Yeah, one of the first ones.
    D: What did they do--What did they do?
    P: I think they just skin all their teddy bears and then stick them to their bodies.
    D: You know there’s, like, 100,000 furries watching this--
    P: I know there are!
    D: --and you just offended them.
    P: I know you’re relevant.
    D: You just said--
    P: I’m just saying back in the day I didn’t know--
    D: Oh, they’re relevant. Are they? Okay.
    P: I didn’t know--
    D The furry fandom: They need to have a problem with AmazingPhil right now.
    P: I didn’t know if there was fursuits back then.
    D: Okay. Right. Sure. Fine.
  • [13:18] We get it, Dan. You're the special "girl."
    P: Next one about Bobby--
    D: Yep.
    P: He has never been kissed. I wouldn’t have thought that!
    D: That is a game changer!
    P: That--That’s a plot twist.
    D: That is a ga--Suddenly--
    P: It’s all bravado.
    D: --this is done. And really he’s soft and tender, and he’s just putting it all on ‘cause he’s just vulnerable. And maybe--
    P: He’s just a little Jaffa Cake.
    D: --he’s saving himself for that special girl. *recreates the pose of the girl on the box*
  • [14:18] Again, Dan escaped having to give any explanation about why he chose Richard for Phil.
    D: Hardest decision I’ve ever made.
    P: I’m just straight in there with my answers.
    D: Phil.
    P: Who am I gonna date?
    D: I think that you chose to date Richard.
    P: Yes, I did. I mean, he’s very much--apart from the musician--I like magic. I like animals. I do make random animal--
    D: No, no, no. No. Y--You like imitating animal mating calls.
    P: Ca-caw! Ca-caw!
    D: You did that a lot on the radio. Okay.
    P: And also I do trip over my own feet all the time, so I think we’d be a match made in...probably death.
    D: Band camp. I see that happening.
  • [14:46] There's...a lot here.
    P: Dan, I think you were moved by the fact that Bobby’s never been kissed ‘cause you chose Bobby!
    D: I chose Bobby!
    P: Yes!
    D: Right, okay. No, no. But not just that. Explain to me--I want you to show everybody how you think you understand me.
    P: Fine.
    D: Why did I choose Bobby?
    P: Okay. First of all: He’s got a nice car. He can take you on some nice dates. Secondly, he wants to be a secret agent. That’s something you can chat about. Like, what’s the mystery? What are we solving? Are we going on an adventure?
    D: Right. And you think I’d like that. Okay. Yep.
    P: Thirdly, nudist. You’ve got, like, weird, furry stuff going on. You might enjoy a bit of nudism. I don’t know. Never been kissed: That’s like a movie. That’s like: I’m in a movie.
    D: Yeah. You were wrong at every single point there. I am so offended by everything you just said. No.
    P: What?
    D: That’s not the--The reason I like Bobby is because--
    P: ‘Cause of the guns?
    D: Look, you’re a t--No. You’re--Mayb--Okay. You’re a teenager.
    D: You’re not choosing your husband for life.
    P: You’re going on a date.
    D: This is the time when you make mistakes.
    P: So you’re choosing a mistake?
    D: You have experiences. You just need to--Look. Bobby seems like maybe someone that you can heal. He seems like there’s a lot of--
    P: Like a project?
    D: There’s--Yeah.
    P: Wow.
    D: Yeah.
    P: Sure.
    D: He needs me more than Richard!
    P: Alright.
    D: Richard’s got his tuba! He’s got his magic. Bobby’s got nothing other than a fragile self-esteem and amazing biceps.
    P: Okay.
  • [16:26] This is a video I would pay to see. :lol:
    P: I’ve played this with my brother before. I’m not sure about my granddad, but maybe we could get him in on it. You know? That’s weird. That’s weird.
    D: You are not editing that out!
    P: He’s 92.
  • [16:42] Fun fact: In the video description, it also says that we “can bet” that Dan would pre-order the “inclusive 2018 version with furries.”
    D: I feel like they should update it with, like, an inclusive 2018 version.
    P: Yes.
    D: And, you know, we can still judge people by their looks and then get to know them, and we could all have a lot of fun.
    P: That would be great.
  • All is well with the individual merch links...for now.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?