Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alright... i ain't mad bout this one.....
to those who are scared: i don't think it's at ALL and end, there's something that happens that makes them have to continue the series (mostly for the devan storyline)
and um.
phil saying his family would invite the neighbours over on Christmas when he was younger and dan replying with:
"yeah but you weren't dating your neighbours" in A Tone™
and the whole thing with evan coming over and dan saying "he can go see his own family later" PUTTING HIS BOYFRIENDS CHRISTMAS VISIT BEFORE HIS OWN FAMILY'S VISIT OKAY!!! C'MON PARALLELS!!!!!!!!
i feel comfortable enough using :happytears: for this one, my dudes.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Umm, yes. I am emotionally satisfied.

(and now pretty unfreaked out that the Hiatus is The End after that video.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I was so nervous about this I skipped forward and watched the last minute just to make sure he didn't die before I was willing to start it properly.

But in the end I do feel better about the future of DAPG with their obvious insinuation that [spoilery thing I'm too last to hide] is something they were going to do properly.

Also bless Phil for his firm refusal to kill Dil.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I think that was a good last episode (though, nothing will top that first one for me honestly). I...really wish I didn't have to say that lol but I'm completely latching onto the continual use of "chapter" and the hope of a gay wedding. It seems like they're really set on continuing devan and I'm all for it. Give me all of that cute queer shit. I need it. I'm glad they gave a little notice for Phil's one direction joke because I think if I wasn't expecting him to say something stupid my heart would have actually fallen out of my ass before Dan scolded him for it. All in all, I don't think it felt really final to me, and I do think that them taking some time to think about it is just going to give us totally amped up content like we got all year, especially near the end here. Or, you know, they could just be moving (if not then, I know for sure at some point in 2019. I'm dying on that hill with everyone else. it's the best phan conspiracy imo).

Now to wait for the bloops and mourn christmas baking :( (unless they wanna prove me wrong, then be my guest deps. I will glad accept that)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

After this video I feel a bit more positive about dapg returning next year - they need to give us the devan wedding now, c'mon.
I loved Phil saying "they're strong together" related to devan but with a Look on his face that said it all, I loved Dan saying "gay wedding", feels good feels organic.

I find hilarious that a video with a proposal between two characters heavily compared to dnp dropped today, since there's been quite a lot of discussion about dnp getting engaged (i personally don't think that they did, but the coincidence is funny)
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

That was a good last video (for now at least). It was basically what I thought the episode was gonna be, but still nice and sweet. I hope we see more of dab and evan in the future, but even if we don't I'm still satisfied with that ending.

also my biggest takeaway from the video is that I now want to write an omo fic with Dan in that onesie. I blame dan and phil for everything
fancybum
senpai

It was okay.. :napsta:
I suppose them alluding to plans for future eps should be comforting (I guess? I want more than sims if they continue dapg though, so..), but apparently I really don’t trust them because all I can muster is suspicious side-eye instead of relief. But it was a good end of whatever kind, I guess.

Phil’s refusal to kill Dil (“no sad endings”) kind of puts me on edge because outright saying ‘no more dapg ever’ would itself be a sad ending and maybe he thinks it’s kinder to go ‘maybe, we’ll see’ instead of ‘it’s done’ and just let time do the work to get the message across. Anyway merry holiday.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:07 pm Phil’s refusal to kill Dil (“no sad endings”) kind of puts me on edge because outright saying ‘no more dapg ever’ would itself be a sad ending and maybe he thinks it’s kinder to go ‘maybe, we’ll see’ instead of ‘it’s done’ and just let time do the work to get the message across. Anyway merry holiday.
That's exactly what I thought as soon as they said that bit at the start of the video. I think the comforting part to me is that I don't believe Phil would have left in the plans for the future stuff if he really intended on letting the channel quietly go into the sunset... because since they firmly opened the door, they're gonna be badgered from now until the end of time for the devan stuff.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I liked this one a lot and was so glad they addressed plans for Dil at the start. Thank goodness for Phil’s no and for reasons I’d been thinking, Dalien’s not even grown up yet and they’d only just aged Dil and Tabs up. Also good move for casual viewers to find out at the start about the hiatus rather than drop it on them after that feels-fest. They did a good Sim Winterfest, I thought. Very pretty tree, found the house decorating box, had drinks, dinner and Father Winter (wait til Dan ever finds out you can also bang the grim reaper, at least you could in earlier versions, I haven’t played 4 enough to be sure).

I just bought Seasons myself (good sale on Origin at the moment) and got decorating the house and a tree. I also googled Spandrels, had never known that about arches. If they hadn’t bought the fancy pre-done tree, there are four kinds of decoration for a tree the sims can do, the lights, garland, topper and skirt, which looks like a rug to me. Also they can put gifts under the tree, it’s an option when you click on it.

The carol singing was so cute, they were so out of sync, I can just imagine the voice actors doing that. Probably all separately and edited together, but it’s funny to think of them all doing it a bit wrong together. Some lovely baritone singing from Phil and boy is Dan cute in that onesie, the colour and cut of it suit him. They both looked gorgeous.

It was a good ending and did sound hopeful for a future chapter, they were pretty upbeat, but still, who knows.
ratlad
angel bean

i wonder what death is even like in the sims 4. in the sims 2 on the Ps2, if your sim dies, you can either pay the grim reaper to be brought back to life, or challenge him in a violin-off. sims 2 was good, i miss it. i used to always put the simlish version of paramore's "pressure" on the boombox (which was just on the alternative music station)
god, i wish my sims 2 disc didn't break like 7 years ago...
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

like some of you i'm also left feeling hopeful, i think they sprinkled enough reassurances through the video for me to feel like that. i've been progressively feeling less scared about the hiatus each day and the video consolidated that for me

the carol singing was the cutest thing ever, and the proposal having a glitch it's a very dnp thing to happen

december (and 2018) has been an amazing year - dan and phil related - and i'm placing my bets on 2019 following that trend
:ribena:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Y'all ever think about how many times Dan and Phil have repeated this hiatus isn't a Life Thing? Like they want us to know, in no uncertain terms, that they absolutely are not changing anything about their Life (together). This isn't a moving out thing or a splitting up thing. They're definitely still attached at the hip. It's not a life thing. They like the life thing they have going right now.

:happytears:

Merry Christmas. :epictree: :ribena:
vacule
squish

i for one am excited about the Big Gay Wedding - lowkey think dan is too.
well that was a nice send off, just enough twists to leave room for coming back. i hope they get some clarity on what they want to do creatively next year - it sounds like they haven't actually planned anything yet and i think that's fair, being that they've been doing II events all the way until late Nov.

looking forward to 2019 d&p content just to see if there's much change.

happy hols to all! :festivedeppy:
autumnhearth
senpai

rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:30 pm Awwww. That was such an appropriate ending on like... every level. (Though I'm a little sad there seemed to be a glitch with Dab and Evan wherein they weren't facing each other......)

I'm glad there was a brief mention of them doing doing the wedding "properly". Makes me feel better about a return with or without the Sims. It just feels like they're planning for the future on the channel.

In general, I think I'm little less sad than most. I really do believe that whatever Dan and Phil get up to on their break, they'll come back bigger and better. And I'm really excited for that!

As for Dil? He ain't coming back. I feel like he was the last remnant of a 2016 tatinof era that needed closing. See ya never, buddy! :sobs:
I mean I’m sure he’ll be at the wedding, but it’s possible they won’t play as him again. Was I the only one taken aback that Dan said “gay wedding” as opposed to just wedding? Bitch there better be rainbows :prideheart: :rainbow: :2022: :prideflag: :prideheart:
rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:36 pm Y'all ever think about how many times Dan and Phil have repeated this hiatus isn't a Life Thing? Like they want us to know, in no uncertain terms, that they absolutely are not changing anything about their Life (together). This isn't a moving out thing or a splitting up thing. They're definitely still attached at the hip. It's not a life thing. They like the life thing they have going right now.

Oh, that’s a nice take on it. Here I was thinking they were squashing my/our forever home dreams/dog/maybe gay wedding (come on did you see how excited Phil was for that proposal?) I didn’t even think it was a reassurance the other way. :ribena:

Also I freaking love that onsie. Perfect colors and subtle pattern. I want one, but the question is, does Phil have one? Happy Winterfest! :festivedeppy:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

That was nice. I wish the proposal was a bit better, they weren’t facing each other which was a bit of a let down but I’m excited for a big gay wedding :rainbow: . I do hope it won’t be the next sims they do though, I still feel like a lot of Devan has been a tad rushed so I wanna watch some more of their relationship progressing. Some more dates, maybe a engagement party. I don’t play the sims or know of any extension packs Phil can spend his money on but there is probably something better than the seasons one they can make a video on. Cant they prolong it to ep 69 lol.

When it comes back to the break do you guys think it will ever be back to the posting every 5-7 days on the gaming channel? Or do you feel like they might focus on main videos from now on and a gaming video be a treat like many gaming channels of vloggers were. I do think the break is for the purpose of being creative. Where do they go from here within YouTube... do they continue neglecting the main videos or do they change their content? I think it’s good they do this. YouTube is changing and even though they have a big core audience and it doesn’t look like their main focus is bring in more casuals I think it’s good for a personal review. I’m at the stage in my life where I’m looking about where I want my life will go. I quit my 3rd year of college and got a job within the week because I needed something to get out, but after 4 years I’m still stuck in a job that was only meant to be temporary. It’s easy to get stuck in a routine. I do think they genuinely love the gaming channel and it was probably once a chance to have a break from such heavy personas they had on their main ones. I don’t know what I’m trying to get at this is all me just thinking out loud with no purpose.

I don’t know what dnp will have in store for us in 2019 but I hope they continue to grow and breakdown more boundaries they once had with us. I’m literally going to go insane from now on till the next video. Last year I was going through real withdraws after gamingmas. I just hope they can feed us with some cute instastories.
Happy holidays guys :epictree: :festivedeppy:
knq
lava lamp

rizzo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:36 pm Y'all ever think about how many times Dan and Phil have repeated this hiatus isn't a Life Thing? Like they want us to know, in no uncertain terms, that they absolutely are not changing anything about their Life (together). This isn't a moving out thing or a splitting up thing. They're definitely still attached at the hip. It's not a life thing. They like the life thing they have going right now.

The Sims are nice and all but what that video really left me with was the moment the camera zoomed in and the music stopped in the pause between “We have decided to go on a break. ...From the gaming channel.”

No phandivorce hashtag this holiday, huh Phil? :ribena:

I have such affection for them. :love2: :bedtime:
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I think it just now hit me that we’re not getting content for at least a few weeks. I’ve pretty much given up on Christmas baking. Dilmas was cute, but not the best send off to DAPG. Not looking forward to the drought, but hoping they’ll make up for it some with instastories. Hope they enjoy their break (eternally jealous of people who get to have actual Christmas/ New Years breaks ugh) and come back creatively rejuvenated
starwatersong
phabergé

Hoping for some PINOF bloopers for the holidays. :festivedeppy:

I absolutely have not been good and I want them anyhow.
ratlad
angel bean

if there are no pinof bloopers im calling the police
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm pretty sure they're aware enough of how precariously a lot of the audience feels toward them re: gaming hiatus not to fuck with our pinof bloopers. Merry Christmas, Howell, and we've got eyes on you. Don't screw this up for us.
alien
procrastinator

I haven’t had a chance to read through the last couple pages yet but I wanted to post because I thought this was cute. Joey graceffa and his bf Daniel were on Grace’s podcast and they were asked what their pet peeves about each other were and Daniel answered that Joey leaves all the cupboards open and leaves his socks around. And I was like hmm that sounds familiar :hmmm:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm gonna ask a real controversial question for kicks and giggles: How would you all react if we got baking instead of bloopers on xmas?

Mind you, I think we're getting bloops and they're just pretending the baking promise never happened. But, were there to be a switcheroo, I think I'm pretty neutral on it. They'd both provide the same emotionally satisfying level of bants, methinks.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:18 am I'm gonna ask a real controversial question for kicks and giggles: How would you all react if we got baking instead of bloopers on xmas?

Mind you, I think we're getting bloops and they're just pretending the baking promise never happened. But, were there to be a switcheroo, I think I'm pretty neutral on it. They'd both provide the same emotionally satisfying level of bants, methinks.
I'd be fucking ecstatic. I would prefer both, but I'd take baking over bloopers.
Puffy
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:19 am
rizzo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:18 am I'm gonna ask a real controversial question for kicks and giggles: How would you all react if we got baking instead of bloopers on xmas?

I'd be fucking ecstatic. I would prefer both, but I'd take baking over bloopers.
Same, I think I am just preparing for the content famine and would take anything at this rate. Imagine a Christmas present wrapping vid or 10 minutes of putting up decorations.... Something soft and domestic like Christmas baking would be lovely but unless Phil put up Christmas baking and Danny did the bloops I can’t see them both happening, but I would absolutely take baking first.

Also as an aside, I think it’s interesting how Phil refused to confirm the bloopers — he kept saying “if they exist”, like he’s either afraid to put pressure on Dan to post a video so close to them getting to take a creative break and reassess or maybe there genuinely isn’t that much good content left that didn’t make it into the actual Pinof.
ratlad
angel bean

hot take: they filmed baking at the Lester's household and kath takes over. the gaming channel just turns into phil's mum's channel. we are all at peace.