Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Puffy
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:35 am hot take: they filmed baking at the Lester's household and kath takes over. the gaming channel just turns into phil's mum's channel. we are all at peace.

Can you hear my soft tears from here my heart could not take that kinda content :happytears:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:19 am I'd be fucking ecstatic. I would prefer both, but I'd take baking over bloopers.
I agree, unless the PINOF bloopers contain a tackle recreation. In which case, even ratland's excellent theory about kath inclusive baking will not overtake my demon wish for a 2018!tackle.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

The video was nice enough! I'm kinda disappointed about the glitch during the proposal but :shrug:

I'm definetly on team "I'm reassured"! I really feel like they're gonna go back to the gaming channel at one point.

I'm feeling soft. Can't wait for more content today.

Merry Christmas everyone! :epictree:
:gayaf:
knq
lava lamp

Dan on Christmas Eve evening/Christmas morning: Breaks the cardinal rule of mixing family and politics and likes a 3 year old tweet from the Pope about the world being filth.

Colin still unaccounted for. I have resorted to following Adrian Howell's vegan photography blog in hopes of dog content. Outlook: poor.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

rizzo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:18 am I'm gonna ask a real controversial question for kicks and giggles: How would you all react if we got baking instead of bloopers on xmas?

Mind you, I think we're getting bloops and they're just pretending the baking promise never happened. But, were there to be a switcheroo, I think I'm pretty neutral on it. They'd both provide the same emotionally satisfying level of bants, methinks.
Give me baking over pinof bloopers anyday! Maybe we will get baking nearer the end of the year as a close to 2018?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone at IDB 🎄
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY :D

That vid was so good- perfect entertainment for my post-Christmas Dinner food coma. I also loved that they were like WE PERSONALLY are not going on a break, and them talking about their real life Xmas decorations was cute. I think it was my second fave ep of Dilmas.

That snippet of the Tyler vid is the darned cutest thing ahhhh.

And I'd take baking over bloopers any day.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
kavat
pastel persona

I would also take baking over bloopers. Bloopers used to be what they cut out because they didn't want as much attention on those bits, but they give us so much more these days that I don't think bloopers would be very special. Just like Pinof has lost it's charm because they give us so much good Dan&Phil content throughout the year. So please Santa, give us domestic baking for Christmas, we've been (mostly) good this year.
capybantsa
glabella
Pronouns: he/him

:festivedeppy: Merry Christmas! :festivedeppy:

I had a hunch before that this would be an actual hiatus and not a "hiatus", but I feel a lot more confident now that they fully intend to return to DAPG. Whether the channel will be as active as before is a question mark, but I think they'll at least come back to it in some capacity.

Also, to me that proposal was kinda perfect? The derp levels were perfectly on point lmao

Re: Bakes vs Bloops
I thought I would be in the minority, I'm surprised! PINOF is nice, but I'm a sucker for those domestic bants :garbage:

:happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, baking vs bloops. I’m curious about the bloops, and I’m pretty sure it’s what we’re actually getting unless they were taking the mick. Baking would probably be fresher, though. They haven’t done festive baking since the real early days, (why do I now see Dan smacking Phil on the bum with the rolling pin, that was funny).

Happy Christmas, everyone :epictree:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

I'm really craving insta stories, thank you Dan!

Also he mentioned his brother, again. Twice in two weeks. Wow.
Last edited by Ataraxia25 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ratlad
angel bean

merry crisis people ! love u all, seriously, it has been REAL this year. can't believe january will be my 1 year since making my acc!
also very surprised at dan mentioning his brother on his ig story. wish it was a colin mention tho.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phanniemegan
tol bean

ratlad wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:54 am merry crisis people ! love u all, seriously, it has been REAL this year. can't believe january will be my 1 year since making my acc!
also very surprised at dan mentioning his brother on his ig story. wish it was a colin mention tho.
Adrian blessed us with a Colin photo on @adrianhowellphotos 's story <3 <3
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

:festivedeppy: Merry Christmas y'all! :festivedeppy:

Wow, Dan mentioning Adrian? I'm glad he feels open enough to do that. I hope the boys are having a good Christmas apart. I wonder what they gave each other this year ;)
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Merry Xmas, y'all :epictree:

Wow, Dan mentioning his brother (again) but this time to his 4mln followers on insta is truly something. I am happy that he feels like he can do that now. Good for him, really.

Re: baking vs bloopers - I am Team Baking, absolutely. I feel like we don't really need bloops, you know? Pinof this year was good the way it was, while I am feeling the loss of a christmas baking video.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

Dan's instastory mentioning his brother. Nice evolution.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

Christmas fluff :epictree: :festivedeppy:
starwatersong
phabergé

It's the Materialism Stone Giftset that's £140.00. Glad they found something he loves! :gift: :epictree:
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Aww I feel so well fed, thanks deppy! :love2:
Honesty that's such a good gift! looking forward to that candle haul :lol:
liola
rankussy

I don't know if it's just the fact that Dan is letting us in his family time but I can hear him so happy and relaxed in that insta story!! And that is a 140 pound gift Danny I wouldn't call it lame lmao

Bloops or baking, I just hope for some nice content
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

starwatersong wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:25 pm It's the Materialism Stone Giftset that's £140.00. Glad they found something he loves! :gift: :epictree:
Aww these are Tom Dixon candles. They are from the same line of candles as the one Phil got Dan for his birthday.
det395
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/hers

hmm i think bloopers are fun to hype up but then never as satisfying. i’d take baking today as well.

also, (not like there’s anyway to investigate but) who do you guys think is talking in dans insta of the lake? he always mentions going to his moms so i was thinking his parents split, but maybe his dad is around. or maybe it’s that uncle he bought nihilist toothpaste (thinking of leela now) for. i always imagined him having small lil christmas’ but maybe he has the whole extended family thing
glitterintheair
phillluminati

det395 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:59 pm hmm i think bloopers are fun to hype up but then never as satisfying. i’d take baking today as well.

also, (not like there’s anyway to investigate but) who do you guys think is talking in dans insta of the lake? he always mentions going to his moms so i was thinking his parents split, but maybe his dad is around. or maybe it’s that uncle he bought nihilist toothpaste (thinking of leela now) for. i always imagined him having small lil christmas’ but maybe he has the whole extended family thing
Hmm, I don't believe his parents split, tbh. He hardly mentions his dad but that doesn't necessarily mean that's because he and Dan's mom aren't married anymore. But who knows!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:49 pm
det395 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:59 pm hmm i think bloopers are fun to hype up but then never as satisfying. i’d take baking today as well.

Hmm, I don't believe his parents split, tbh. He hardly mentions his dad but that doesn't necessarily mean that's because he and Dan's mom aren't married anymore. But who knows!
yeah i don't really know why lots of people think his parents split. I mean, it's totally plausible, don't get me wrong. But i don't think it means anything that Dan mostly talks about his mom. I mostly talk about my dad and my stepmom, especially my stepmom, I talk about them both all the time, rarely about my mom and it doesn't have an underlying meaning. I don't know it's just the way it is haha.
Maybe his dad is more uncomfortable with the idea, his son talking about him on the internet :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean

im side-eyeing dan's tweet so hard
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

ratlad wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:48 pm im side-eyeing dan's tweet so hard
I'm full team baking now. I don't know why I do these things to myself to set myself up for disappointment.