Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Catallena wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:55 pmHoping Devan at least get engaged tomorrow. If not, Christmas is RUINED. :sideeye:
Christmas was saved! Merry Christmas to all you lovely IDB people. :festivedeppy: :epictree: :lights:

I fell asleep last night after watching and slept even more today, but here I am. Time to face the hiatus now I guess. :snow:

I thought it was a pretty sweet finale. Since the announcement in the liveshow I've been feeling slightly more optimistic that they'll return to the channel, and their talk about it in this video helped a tiny bit as well. Dan initially wanting to kill Dil did make me go 'hmm..' but also like... he's a dramatic person and of course he would go on a hiatus like that. Never trust Dan's diva ways.

I'm surprised at how open Dan is about Christmas celebrations with his family this year. The times where people got the death penalty for even mentioning Adrian is truly over huh? Also love that Dan's Christmas presents scream 'what do we give our (grand)child/brother who is rich as fuck and has an expensive taste in almost everything?' :lol:

I want baking. But we're probably getting bloops. That's fair considering it'll be the last time. (I'm also very Team Why Not Both? but they don't love us that much). :shrug:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Those bloops were...something. Sad no tackle.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Love Phil attacking Dan with pokes. Here for it. Loved the video. Merry merry merry Christmas!!!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

hello i havent caught up on anything online yet since ive basically quarantined whats left of my sanity but i have watched the pinof 10 bloopers and i just wanna say im so glad to have this break from my depression. i love it so much and at times like these im really thankful for them
"you are next to me in my life"
liola
rankussy

Those were cute bloops but I think the knowledge of not having more of this has left me a bit detached. I mean I loved all the pokes and Phil slapping his ass and just how cute and comfortable they are but I wish they'd chosen to go baking video. I wasn't expecting it, but man I wish they had surprised us.

All in all I'm starting to realize I'm gonna miss knowing with some kind of certainty that we're getting a video in a more or less safe amount of time like it happened with gaming videos.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dan calling the bathroom they showed in pinof 10
"your (phil's) bathroom"
but we got a selfie from dan in it earlier this year and pretty much know that it's connected to the moon room.
also i love dan's angry/dramatic text about the charger blocks they keep everywhere.
soft voices and phil poking dan and giggling, dan was purposely riling him up. i love them.

i wonder why a single sock and face mask was in the drawer, that's a pretty sad "sock drawer" if you ask me.
i am mourning christmas baking, but i'll live.
i miss them already :'(
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Okay get ready cause i'm coming at you with an Opinion: the bloopers were better than the actual pinof!
There you go I said it, sorry boys :ribena:

(also lowkey had a heart attack at 3:32 because Dan's "maybe" sounds like "baby" and yeah i'm trash :happytears:)
parallel
phabergé

sorry but the "Q and hey" wow...

great video. obviously i would've preferred baking, but this is also nice. beggars can't be choosers and all that.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I said this elsewhere but it almost seems like they filmed enough content for a regular pinof and the pinof that we got (last pinof ever) and I don’t know if the magic is all
In the editing because if so I’m impressed but the 2 videos had very different tones

eta even though I’ll miss pinof I won’t miss the nods to that being Phil’s real room even if it had been more tongue in cheek. I think I’m ready for more realism and honesty so whatever they want to give us that is more honest I’m here for
Last edited by Amiaw on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

Grumpybisexual wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:37 pm Okay get ready cause i'm coming at you with an Opinion: the bloopers were better than the actual pinof!
There you go I said it, sorry boys :ribena:

(also lowkey had a heart attack at 3:32 because Dan's "maybe" sounds like "baby" and yeah i'm trash :happytears:)
I heard maybe at first but then I slowed it down and he does say baby

And I'm not even surprised I'm just :shrug:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

I treasured every moment of that. Love the bee haikus, the taking off socks with feet and Dan mock/mimicking Phil’s laughs. Pinof you will be missed. :dead: :whiskers: :napsta:

I wasn’t on here for the opinion poll, but I will always be team baking. (Well kinda, I would take pinof bloops over Easter baking but Christmas baking trumps all. Oh well.)

Dan got me for a moment with that sock drawer, even though I know full well it’s just random crap. But maybe Phil Lester does need that much extra storage for his sock collection. I got hidden foxes and festive corgis today :love2:

You’re right, it is baby, though a search for “baby we don’t need” has several suggested songs so probs a reference. :shrug:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

liola wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:45 pm I heard maybe at first but then I slowed it down and he does say baby
Also slowed it down now and I agree and... now I'm feeling.. Q & Haaaayyy.

The sock thing was weirdly adorable (even if I'm not there for the #footcontent). Anyway, they did a good job. Those were beautifully edited. They're cute; PINOF is cute; good job lads. Like that Dan got a #capita£ester joke in there.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Bloopers are always better than the actual Pinof so I'm not surprised i loved this. Dan mocking Phil's laugh and Phil poking him was my favourite part (the fact that he went for his tummy makes me feel things ngl).

So now we're officially entering unknown territory, uh.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Dan mocking Phil's laugh went from funny to satanic.

Merry Christmas y'all. :epictree:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think I'm kinda glad I watched this hiding away from family knowing I only had a few minutes before someone discovered me because the lack of being able to stop and think too much about any one thing meant I could watch and not just end up feeling sad/emo.

It was cute. Funny. I enjoyed pokey Phil. Had to skip past a few bits that were just excessively edited but that's all part of the pinof routine for me tbh. I feel like with bloopers half of it I completely understand why they cut and half just makes me extremely fond of them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Those were some good bloops, a truly deserved end to the PINOF series. :whiskers:

And now we not only enter the usual New Years drought, but also the totally unknown. :snow:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

Dan definitely said baby. Was it intentional? Probably not, Dan says every other word wrong. Did they leave it in knowing what it sounds like? Absolutely and I'm loving it.

Bloopers were cute, I loved Dan mocking Phil about his laugh. Now let's brace through the draught.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed those bloopers a lot, not as much as the actual pinof but still a lot of fun to watch.

I am sad that it is over now. :cry:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I loved those bloops! They were particularly flirty!

Fully convinced Phil hugged Dan at 4:53

I also went back to watch the bit at 5:12 an insane amount of times.

I would have preferred Christmas baking but I'm glad, I really enjoyed these.

Now what? :bedtime:
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

It’s been over an hour and dan has replied on Facebook but skipped twitter. I wonder if his phone died again or if he’s avoiding it for some reason
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I did notice some jackets? behind Dan in his selfie but I suppose they keep clothes there when they bulk film videos.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean

not sure if i liked pinof 9 + its bloopers better than this one or not,,, but they were still good and adorable.
idk i thought dan said "baby" at first, but then i reolayed it.... still sounded like a 'b' noise, but then just assumed it was "maybe" for the sake of not wanting to think about it for the rest of the video. god knows what they're gonna say next in this gay day and age
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
TuxedoSam
spork

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:35 pm Fully convinced Phil hugged Dan at 4:53
he was just taking back the boxing glove ^^
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Oh Dan definitely said "baby". You can clearly hear it in the slowed version too. And i am laughing because what if Dan left that in because he wanted us to hear it, but we're all dismissing it by saying 'nah, it was "Maybe" '. :rofl:
I don't believe that's the case, by the way (or do i?? :illuminati:) but it's a funny scenario to imagine.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
capybantsa
glabella

Team Baking is dead, long live Team Baby :illuminati: