Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

phil now doesnt have a contact picture. RIP phil day photo
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:06 pm Oh Dan definitely said "baby". You can clearly hear it in the slowed version too. And i am laughing because what if Dan left that in because he wanted us to hear it, but we're all dismissing it by saying 'nah, it was "Maybe" '. :rofl:
I don't believe that's the case, by the way (or do i?? :illuminati:) but it's a funny scenario to imagine.
Oh I think it's definitely a b noise - I just think he flubbed the word. Kind of like 'terrible blerson' was almost definitely (imo) just him repeating the 'bl' sound in terrible, not him about to say boyfriend. The context of the moment just doesn't scream 'this is how I'm gonna call Phil by a pet name to our audience for the first time ever.'

But I do think there was boldness in leaving it in, and I appreciate the lack of giving a shit.
fizzymcguire
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

hi just popping in to say happy holiday if you celebrate and i'm looking forward to what comes next with yall :)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was one weird video, so much, um, singing? Weird noises, Phil slapping his ass (so many thirsty penguins) and the sharpie shooting up from his crotch, I was :shock: and also :rofl: gonna need at least one rewatch to process whatever the heck that all was. There is a rack of clothes behind Dan in the selfie they showed with his whiskers on, definitely looks like a small costume department (or Phil’s post-tour cleared out wardrobe, of course). The bunny ears are cute, who’s Dan to be commenting on those, Mr Slothbear?

Phil going for Dan’s tummy in the attempt to stop him mocking his laugh was adorable, tbh I didn’t even pick up on all of it at the time, but that minute’s all the phandom is posting on Twitter tonight apparently, so I’ve seen it a few times now. Dan is a right brat mocking Phil telling him to stop too. I’d smack his ass, Phil, not your own (never know, might even work). That was so full of randomness and they looked like they were having a lot of fun, feels like a good wrap-up for Pinof to me. I’m glad they didn’t go too far with their meta of “what is this, why the whiskers?”, just let it be, boys.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oh wait, could the clothing rack or whatever was in the background of dan's pic be their onesies? the lion, dinosaur, giraffe, pooh? similar colours i think. they also looked too long to just be shirts or whatever.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:19 am oh wait, could the clothing rack or whatever was in the background of dan's pic be their onesies? the lion, dinosaur, giraffe, pooh? similar colours i think. they also looked too long to just be shirts or whatever.
My assumption when I watched the video the first time was that that selfie was from the gaming room and it was the onesie closet, yeah.

Also I love that Phil seems to have just the randomest stray shit in his bedroom dresser. Sure, that's... functional.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

these bloopers were a bit boring but I loved their little cover of propaganda at the beginning
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I loved a lot about these bloopers tbh!! Oddly, I really liked the bit at 6:12 where Phil quietly told Dan "That's enough." And when Dan just kept going, he decided to play along.

I agree that Dan said "baby" but I'm also with @alittledizzy that, that and "blerson" (#tbt) are just flubs. Dan trips over his tongue often.

The selfie of Dan is hilarious. I just love that "Phil's bedroom" is just the prop room in every capacity: costume wardrobe included. They're not trying to cover this up at all at this point, are they?
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:58 am
ratlad wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:19 am oh wait, could the clothing rack or whatever was in the background of dan's pic be their onesies? the lion, dinosaur, giraffe, pooh? similar colours i think. they also looked too long to just be shirts or whatever.
My assumption when I watched the video the first time was that that selfie was from the gaming room and it was the onesie closet, yeah.

Also I love that Phil seems to have just the randomest stray shit in his bedroom dresser. Sure, that's... functional.
I think it is phil's room but i just thought it was still random things, like I'm pretty sure one of them is the gold TATINOF suit jacket. Makes since bc that seems to be where they store majority of things from TATINOF.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I also think that he said 'baby', but he also asked Phil what 'flavour' the candle was. That's just Dan, saying this when his brain hasn't quite figured out how to go about that yet.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

The bloops were pretty damn adorable, I found myself smiling like an idiot throughout most of the video. They just seemed incredibly fond of each other, and I love seeing them just act stupid together, tbh. It was better than the actual PINOF, for me.
lurkizzle
smol bean

So is this real? I couldn't find this picture anywhere except this tweet.
hello9217
flower crown

lurkizzle wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 am So is this real? I couldn't find this picture anywhere except this tweet.
It's real. The person who posted it went private. Apparently someone sent them a dm about it and they said they were shy and shocked by all the attention.
starwatersong
phabergé

hello9217 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:14 am
lurkizzle wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 am So is this real? I couldn't find this picture anywhere except this tweet.
It's real. The person who posted it went private. Apparently someone sent them a dm about it and they said they were shy and shocked by all the attention.
Hopefully it doesn’t cause any big problem for the artist or Adrian. Love the Tokyo background.
knq
lava lamp

I’m quite late to this discussion—happy holidays and thank god they’re about to be over—but to me the man’s voice in Dan’s IG story sounded like an older man, and he said his grandma would be at dinner, so I’m guessing grandfather. I think he’s said his dad is very private and doesn’t have/want any online presence, and I can’t imagine Dan not respecting that. That doesn’t imply anything about divorce.

I haven’t gotten to watch pinof bloopers with sound yet, but I’m surprised by the lack of tackle. I didn’t want them to do the tackle, as recreating the past always feels unhealthy and uncomfortable to me, but I had the feeling they’d done it and that was the ‘rest of it’ Dan was referring to when talking about the bloopers. I’m glad they didn’t and I love the domestic rage text about plugs so much more than any homage they could make.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

While everyone is enjoying the post holiday/dilmas/bloopers glow and wondering what's next, get your suggestions for the next thread name in over here.

:lights: :snowflake: :lights: :epictree: :lights: :snowflake: :lights:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
glitterintheair
phillluminati

knq wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 am I haven’t gotten to watch pinof bloopers with sound yet, but I’m surprised by the lack of tackle. I didn’t want them to do the tackle, as recreating the past always feels unhealthy and uncomfortable to me, but I had the feeling they’d done it and that was the ‘rest of it’ Dan was referring to when talking about the bloopers. I’m glad they didn’t and I love the domestic rage text about plugs so much more than any homage they could make.
I understand why people wanted them to recreate the tackle but I just knew it wasn't gonna happen. The tackle was something improvised and spontaneous and that's what makes it special. It wouldn't have the same effect now if they staged it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith

I never really wanted them to recreate the tackle, I feel like it's a special moment that needs to exist on its own! :love2: what I WOULD like though is a GODDAMN HUG!! Come on boys! Bros can hug, it's fine!! :please:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Still processing that last Sims video and the lack of finality I'm just more and more excited about what they do in 2019. (Disclaimer: I'm sure this feeling will fluctuate for me as we hit the dire portion of whatever drought is to come.) If they are revamping the channel and enjoying wrapping up some things in a symbolic way (Dan vs Phil, Golf, Dil's life) while leaving at least one staple open for a return-with-a-twist (Sims, but Devan style) then what else could they do? What will they want to do? If there's no world travel on the table for 2019, they could conceivably do more series. With the strong mlm lean of the last string of pre-dilmas videos, was that them testing the market for full on queer content? They also did more non app and flash games over the course of December, do they want to mix it up in terms of type of game they play? Do they want to try a (gasp) posting schedule? Will it be, like a lot of people have theorized, less gaming focused and more just a collab channel where they do fluffy joint stuff too? A "games and challenges" channel could be kind of fun, tbh. Am I just being a total masochist and dragging you all along with me by imagining this kind of stuff?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I genuinely believe dapg has not ended as a channel especially because they didn't give us the Devan wedding. If they truly intended not to ever get back to that channel, I feel like we would have gotten the wedding episode. It doesn't make any sense, to me, that they would end the Sims with Dab and Evan engaged instead of married. Like, what's the point?

I think a posting schedule would be good, but those two? With a proper schedule? I cannot imagine it, tbh. But who knows, up until a month ago i would have not imagined them playing a game like HeartTrob, so..

Maybe they will post less on dapg but with more quality; if they have more time, they could focus on a single series without dragging it out for an entire year *cough* Undertale *cough*. Another thing I'd love is more board games. They could play First Dates, for example. :angel2:
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:14 pm Am I just being a total masochist and dragging you all along with me by imagining this kind of stuff?
Oh, absolutely. I love it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I love dapg and am still holding on to a tiny sliver of hope that it will come back but I’d honestly be okay with any type of content as long as it’s joint.

I’m all for dnp doing whatever they want in a solo capacity but if they didn’t want me to want their joint dnp content then they shouldn’t have made it all about dnp for the last few years lol.

But idk things are still looking hopeful especially because it seems like Phil more than Dan wanted the open ending and also because even with the hiatus he has been liking comments on the videos and fan art of the sims.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

COLIN CONTENT
:gayaf:
Grumpybisexual
delia smith

BEAUTIFUL
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This post is late because, well, it was Christmas Eve and then Christmas, but my highlights for the final video of Dilmas are below. I really enjoyed this one, and I thought there were a lot of signs that the plan is for this hiatus to be on the shorter side of things. But I guess all we can do now is play the waiting game...
  • [0:13] Who is the dad? A great question, Dan.
    D: On the last day of Dilmas, my daddies gave to me--
    P: The best--
    D: Who’s the dad?
    P: --Christmas jumper Phil has worn.
  • [0:22] Phil could have left it, but what he said wasn’t any worse than what Dan said in my opinion.
    D: I’m in my onesie.
    P: You are.
    D: I’ve clocked off for the year. I’ve stopped caring. I’m gonna be wearing this onesie for two solid weeks from now.
    P: But what if you need to pee? That’s a big effort. Isn’t it?
    D: Two solid weeks from now.
    P: He’s wearing a nappy.
    D: No, you could’ve left it. Uh, okay. No.
  • [1:03] Dan and Phil talk about the hiatus of the gaming channel:
    D: But, before that, there is something that we should probably say on a video on this channel.
    P: Yes. We have decided to go on a break from the gaming channel.
    D: Yeah.
    P: I mean, that sounded a bit dramatic. Didn’t it? Not a break. What’s the best word?
    D: Hiatus is a good word.
    P: Like--Like One Direction.
    D: No!
    P: No, not like they--
    D: Well, that’s a terrible example--
    P: Oh, yeah. They never came back.
    D: Are you ki--Like Fall Out Boy.
    P: Okay.
    D: That was fine--Okay, Jesus.
    P: Fall Out Boy.
    D: So scared [unintelligible].
    P: A holiday--
    D: For the holidays.
    P: --where we don’t go anywhere, but we don’t come here.
    D: Anyway, obviously, we love the gaming channel and all of you and--
    P: Yeah.
    D: --and the Howlters--
    P: Especially you.
    D: --but, after the crazy year we’ve had, we want some time to just step back and have a think about our lives.
    P: Yeah. Creatively, this is. Not in life.
    D: Yes, no.
    P: I mean, I’m not gonna go join the circus. Although, I could.
    D: If you joined the circus, that would be literally the most terrifying circus in the entire world.
    P: Exactly!
    D: That would get shut the hell down.
  • [1:52] Honestly, thank God Dan has Phil to moderate his aesthetic philosophical ideals. :roll:
    P: So we thought the best video to finish off--
    D: If this was going to be the last one for now--
    P: --this chapter of the gaming channel, would be the Dil episode.
    D: It had to be.
    D: And this perfect, wholesome ending, which was your idea.
    P: Mmm.
    D: I wanted to kill Dil.
    P: You can’t kill Dil!
    D: I wanted--I wanted a full--
    P: Right.
    D: --rest in peace, Dil.
    P: Listen.
    D: We’ve been arguing about this for--What?
    P: He’s got a teenage son. He’s only just aged up, so it’s not light he’s 85.
    D: That’s true. Right, no. Before we get into the technicalities--
    D: --I was like, you know, philosophically, I think it would be great to do a “Rest in peace, Dil Howlter.”
    D: It could be a funeral. Invite everyone over. It would be really sad. We’d all cry. And Phil was like, “No!”--
    P: No!
    D: --“What?!”--
    P: I hate sad endings.
    D: “We’re not doing that!” But--
    P: Yeah?
    D: --I will concede that aging him up and then literally four episodes later being like, “You’re dead.” Uh, that makes no sense, so sure. This is the nice, wholesome open chapter that Phil wants.
    P: Ayy.
  • [4:41] Tabitha comes out of the shower headless, and Dan yells/screams. :D
  • [7:56] Dan and Phil scream in delight when they see that the top of the owl slide has been decorated. :D
  • [10:19] Some interesting opinions on school:
    D: Oh, here we go: Parenting moment. “School is Stupid.”
    P: “School is Stupid. I should be able to start working or living life. Can I just never go to school again?”
    D: “School teaches important things” or “Society requires school for success.” Wow, um.
    P: Does school teach important things, though?
    D: Does it--Do you require school for success? No.
    P: Have you ever used a triangle in your life?
    D: No, but one plus one did help.
    P: That helped.
    D: And I know how an oxbow lake is formed.
    D: So let’s just go with this one. *selects “School teaches important things.”*
    D: I’m copping out.
  • [11:36] Phil tells a story of his childhood:
    P: My best friend as a kid had a German mum, so they got their Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. Ooh, what was that?
    D: What?
    P: Winterfest has officially begun!
    D: It’s officially Winterfest!
    D: Hurray. What’s the significance?
    P: Anyway, we would all wait--All of the family would wait in the dining room. And then Santa would knock on the door. And then we’d hear him rummaging around inside the house. But we were all in there.
    D: Was it a home invasion?
    P: I don’t kn--I don’t know.
    D: Did you--Did you know him?
    P: It was magical.
    D: Okay, sure. That’s fine.
    P: Had jingling bells and everything.
    D: And how long after that did you look back and go, That was weird.
    P: I was like, Who was that?
  • [12:15] The mind of Phil Lester: :facepalm2:
    D: “Father Winter”...
    P: Wh--”Father Winter”?
    D: “Father”--Speaking of German men breaking into your house.
    P: What the f?
    D: “Catch Father Winter, and ask him for a present. He appears at 8:00 near the fireplace.”
    P: My first thought went to--
    D: Catch him?
    P: --Can you WooHoo with Father Winter?
    D: Probably.
  • [13:56] Dan congratulates himself and Phil on Nuki’s new outfit with a round of applause and a beautiful expression. :lol:
  • [14:21] Foreshadowing:
    D: Now, who should we invite for now?
    P: I think just Dab and Evan for now.
    D: I mean, Evan, you know, he can see the rest of his family later.
    D: He’s a Howlter now! Or not yet actually.
    P: Not yet.
  • [16:17] Dab starts serenading Evan, and Dan and Phil start dancing along to the music. :D
  • [19:06] Dan was very quick to qualify Phil’s statement...
    D: So this is all very well and good and now, but they have an extended family.
    P: They do.
    D: That I think also need to be included in this--
    D: --so, after they’ve eaten, I think we need to get this party started.
    P: Yeah. We always went to our next-door neighbors’ on Christmas day, so it’s a similar thing. Pancakes, come over.
    D: Except you weren’t, you know, dating your neighbors.
    P: No, and one of them wasn’t a clone. At least, I think.
    D: From another dimension. Probably.
  • [21:25] Father Winter appears. Hilarity ensues.
  • [21:44] Dan puts his hand to his heart and runs it down the front of his onesie. 👀
  • [22:46] Imagine if we were all aliens, and we could make Dan reveal his kinks to us. I think that’d be awesome. 😏
    D: But wait a minute.
    P: What?
    D: We are aliens.
    P: Ah, so we can see what he’s like on the inside.
    D: What’s your secret? Reveal your kink to us, Clement Frost.
  • [24:53] “Slow-burn.” Right.
    D: If this is all about tying things up in a wholesome bow--
    P: Yeah?
    D: --we need to look forward to a future chapter.
    P: What would the future be?
    D: What the future would be. And I think it’s about time two slow-burn lovers finally committed to something.
    P: Yes!
  • [25:25] Dan and Phil on Dab and Evan’s relationship:
    P: Come on. He’s not gonna say no. They’re so strong together.
    D: They’re like Romeo and Romeo but--
    D: --without the death.
  • [26:27] I know some people liked this wording, but I did not care for it. It’s just called a wedding, Dan. :roll:
    D: Well, you know what the next thing would be: Gay wedding.
  • [26:37] Dan is v traditional when it comes to “gay” weddings.
    D: “Elope Immediately with Evan.”
    P: No. I don’t think so.
    D: Or “Plan their”--He seems like the kind to immediately elope. Stop.
    D: We’re gonna do this properly.
  • [26:51] This is only a highlights because of the “Not today, Satan!” line.
    D: Oh, God. Wait. What?
    P: W-w-what is happening?
    D: Not now.
    P: Dil!
    D: This is the last epi--No, you’re not doing this. You’re not--
    P: Cancel.
    D: Cancel. Cancel getting abducted. C--
    P: Can you cancel that?
    D: I want you to go here.
    P: Go over there!
    D: Now. Not today!
    P: No!
    D: Not today, Satan! Where’s the satellite? It’s ‘cause we got rid of the s--
    P: Ugh.
    D: Obviously. Obviously. Did you expect any different? Did you honestly expect literally anything else?
    P: Of course.
    D: And now he’s being probed.
    P: If we--If he gets pregnant again…
    D: A pregnant, elderly s--male storyline--
    P: That was not how I th--
    D: --is the one thing that would upstage the gay wedding, to be honest.
    P: That’s not how I thought this was gonna end.
  • In the video description of the final gaming video “for now,” merch links continue to point to individual merch shops.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Dan’s Colin photo is amazing, the mist behind them makes it, but both of them looking away from the camera and being beautiful and curly, just :tu: