Dan & Phil Part 80: You're my plinth of life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Dan changed his insta icon... :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

Great Colin content. Thank you Dan for providing the only thing we want from Christmas in Reading. And it seems like Dan changed his profile pic on instagram as well, as I think he talked about in a live show. Didn't think he'd choose the bread face but sure, still cute.

I'm starting to lean towards the theory that they'll rebrand Dapg to DanAndPhil and feel more free to do whatever they want. Right now almost every collab that isn't a game goes on Ap, but if they had a designated collab channel Phil could have his channel back, and they could use Dapg for whatever they want. Video games, board games, challenges, mukbangs, whatever. They don't really do proper video games on there and as people have said, gaming is not as popular on Yt these days. But they do have a dedicated audience there that will watch whatever they put up as long as it's together. But who knows what 2019 will bring.:shrug:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

first things first: dan and colin. good. beautiful. it's what we needed. good boyes.

now, if they really wanted to end the gaming channel, then they would have eloped dab and evan on the spot. but dan was clearly against that and wanted to continue it properly in the new year.
plus, dil might get pregnant again... :facepalm2: which i don't want... at all...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I don’t think Dil will be pregnant again, at least in Sims 2 it was adult men who did, not elders. I doubt they’ve changed that. I’d check, but it takes me ages to find the right site for the info these days (who’s getting old and out of touch, not me).

Dan’s bread face photo has a cute side effect for me, he did it in the festive ditl video when they both pulled faces with the wreath, that’s when I realised he looks so like my bff, at least doing that face cos she did it into my camera years ago when I fell asleep one time. Similar bone structure and nose shape. So whatever his reason for changing to such a goofy photo, he keeps reminding me of her (she lives in the US so I rarely see her).
Ablissa
pastel persona

Yeah, Dil is not going to get pregnant, elders can't have children in Sims 4. We're safe, don't worry.

This is stupid, but I already miss them. I want videos and I know we won't get any for some time, and I just wish Dilmas lasted for two months because that's still better than a hiatus. Hell, I'd take Dragon City daily over nothing (but 2018 Dragon City where they completely ignore the game and just flirt the whole time)
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I’m trying not to dwell on how badly I miss the gaming channel already and the fact that we probably won’t get a video of any kind for a month or more, and instead will fantasize about the possibility of NYE instastories. They usually go to Bryony’s right? I wonder what the plan is this year and if we’ll get to see any of it. Let us dream together (it’s all we have left) gimme a joint selfie with sparklers and a semi cute caption
autumnhearth
senpai

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:14 pm

COLIN CONTENT
Quoting to bring it on this page. It’s a Boxing Day blessing! I was complain to my husband yesterday that we didn’t have any Colin content yet from Dan (besides swamp dog), but that his brother had pics in his stories. The family resemblance is much more noticeable in that photo. Love those eye crinkles and dimples.
vacule
squish

Dan and Phil would make such photogenic dog dads, it's a pity they value their bachelor lifestyle of minimum responsibility too much to actually get one.

Nice to see that Dan is taking the opportunity to walk Colin out in nature more this year, he genuinely seems to be enjoying his Christmas a lot more this year and that makes me happy.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Much like the full PINOF 10 video, I feel like it may have been more effective for me to just write a transcript of the whole PINOF 10 bloopers video because I loved every second of it! Nevertheless, here is my attempt at highlights:
  • [0:00] Dan and Phil start things off right with a rousing PINOF...chant? Apparently, this is done to the tune of "Propaganda" by Muse.
  • [0:15] Dan speaks in an incredibly high pitched voice.
  • [0:28] Dan pretends to draw whiskers on Phil’s face with one of the giant Sharpies. Phil doesn’t like it.
  • [0:31] Dan says that they’re going to make the video special by drawing whiskers on their eyes. He then gets the Sharpie uncomfortably close to his eye. 😬
  • [0:57] There's some additional footage of Phil putting Dan in a headlock to draw a whisker on his face. Dan says he feels like he needs to call a priest right now.
  • [1:08] Phil starts singing “Circle of Life” from The Lion King, and Dan joins in. Phil thinks Dan goes on for too long, so he covers Dan’s mouth with his hand. Dan is startled because he had his eyes closed while he was singing, but he carries on through Phil’s hand. After they're done singing, Dan says that the song will be available on iTunes. Some credits play over Phil's face, and they say that all profits will go to "phil probably."
  • [1:55] Yay, Dan got it right!
    D: Why are we all so old now?
    P: It’s been eighty-four years.
    D: No, it’s just been ni--Can you count? Nine.
    P: Eighty-four.
    D: It’s just been nine.
    P: It feels like eighty-four. Some people were born when the first “Phil is not on fire” came out, and now they’re 27.
    D: Ugh. Um, wait. What?
    P: Things have sagged.
    D: No, that--I--
    P: Things are gray.
    D: I’m--
    P: Saggy things are now gray.
    D: I’m not sagging. I question the math and the biology there. I’m sca--Okay.
  • [2:26] We get (what I presume is) a continuation of the scene in PINOF 10 where Dan describes a penis as “a magical sex stick”:
    P: Don’t say that! The algorithm is listening!
    D: It’s too late, Phil.
    P: Stop!
    D: It is too late.
    P: That doesn’t really look like a penis, though.
    D: Do a f--What?
    P: An eggplant.
    D: How does an eggplant not look like a penis?
    P: It’s bright purple.
    D: Do you ha--
  • [2:53] Dan and Phil give a flexibility update by trying to put their legs behind their heads. Phil ends up showing off his ass. Then, this happens:
    D: Leave the country.
    P: I will leave the--leave the earth.
    D: Migrate to Antarctica, and never return.
    P: The penguins want a bit of this. *smacks ass*
  • [3:11] Dan and Phil do impressions of dolphins. Phil praises Dan’s dolphin impression, and Dan says he’s been a dolphin all along. Then, he leans forward and, through the magic of video editing, water comes out of his back as if he had a blow hole. :lol: You can also see some of Dan’s exposed back when he does this.
  • [3:38] Phil repositions himself, and (it sounds like) a Sharpie drops on the floor. Phil questions where that came from, and he thrusts his hips slightly, and an (edited in) Sharpie flies out of his crotch. Phil says it’s like a ping-pong ball. He’s probably making a reference to something horrible on the internet, but I like to think he’s referencing a scene from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert or (perhaps more likely) The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
  • [3:44] Dan starts trying to take Phil’s sock off with his feet. Everything about this scene is perfect.
    D: Wait, I have very pliable toes.
    P: Why are your feet like hands, you big freak?
    D: *snorts*
    P: Oh, it’s coming!
    D: I’m going for both. Don’t say that.
    P: Take it off.
    D: I will attack you.
    P: Woo! I feel very naked.
    D: Why did you make a noise as if you were shocked that that was happening?
    P: I don’t know.
    D: Ooh, look at that flesh!
    P: Oh, no! I’m covering up.
  • [4:03] Dan lays in a pose that really shows off his ass. I'm not sorry for making this one of my highlights.
  • [4:11] Dan starts trying to take Phil’s other sock off with his feet. Again, everything about this scene is perfect.
    D: Stay still!
    P: Oh, my God! It’s so ticklish!
    D: Let--Stop!
    P: No! What--[unintelligible]
    D: Stop moving! You’re making--
    P: You’re touching the bottom of my foot!
    D: You are making it worse!
    P: Why--Why you need the bottom of my foot?
    D: This--Shut up. I’ll do whatever I want to the bottom of your foot.
    P: We’re gonna be on some tickle fetish website.
    D: It’s too late for that. Look, if you’re wiggling, you’re the one that’s moving it.
    P: Oh, my God. It’s so tickly. Just get it off. Get it off. Oh.
    D: Oh. Oh, well, that’s too much flesh for this website.
    P: We’re done. We’re done.
  • [4:51] Phil tosses the boxing glove into the air, and it hits Dan on the head. Dan says this is “boxuse.” Phil laughs, and Dan starts mocking his laugh. Dan mocks Phil’s laugh for twenty-one seconds. :lol: Eventually, Phil is fed up, and he starts playfully hitting Dan to make him stop, but it doesn’t work.
  • [5:17] Dan and Phil start having a fight with the giant Sharpies.
    D: Here we go. No.
    P: Gah!
    D: Right. Stab.
    P: Oh!
    D: Stab. Stabbing movements. Stabbing movements.
    P: Ugh!
    D: Probing movements. Die!
    P: Get out of my butt!
    D: Die!
  • [5:43] We are given some top-notch domestic bants:
    P: Dramatically read a text message on the other person’s phone.
    D: Uh oh.
    P: Yeehaw. Oh, this is a good one from you. “Where the f is the plug?! You keep moving it! Just leave it behind the armchair!”
    D: No!
    P: “We literally have about twelve! Stop walking around with the one that we keep in a specific place for a reason!”
    D: Okay.
    P: Dramatic!
    D: One: That’s what I texted to Phil this afternoon. You didn’t even need to read that dramatically. That was a dramatic text. Why did you unplug it?!
    P: I have my reasons.
    D: We have like twelve phone plugs! Why--Why did you unplug that one, Phil?
    P: This boy loves his electricity.
  • [6:23] Phil is holding one of the giant Sharpies, and Dan has a regular sized one. Then, this happens:
    D: It may be small, but I know how to use it.
    P: *attacks*
    D: *attacks back...viciously*
    P: God.
    D: Exactly! Submit!
  • [7:14] Dan is "learning" something very personal about Phil. Just now. Sure.
    D: Why would that be under your pillow, Phil?
    P: It’s my...yodeling friend.
    D: Right, okay. But between that and your little yodeling friend and the little rubber thing in your bathroom, I am learning some--
    P: It was a duck.
    D: --thing--very pers--Okay.
    P: Rubber duck.
  • [7:33] While roasting Phil, Dan compares a picture he took of Phil to a selfie Phil took of himself. Phil’s selfie is...something else.
  • [8:04] While roasting Dan, Phil shows a selfie of Dan. I don’t think it looks great, but it’s a lot better than Phil’s. More than anything, the background of the selfie confuses me. As Phil informs Dan that Dan’s intimidated, Dan removes the sunglasses from Phil’s face.
  • [8:15] We get some more footage of Dan licking a plant. :D
  • [8:18] Dan blows on Phil, and Phil tells him to stop. In a beautiful voice, Dan retorts, “Ooh! Can’t handle some air?”
  • [8:49] While reviewing Phil’s brain scans, Dan notices a “full square” in Phil's skull, which he thinks is probably a hatch/access panel to Phil's brain. Phil confirms that this is true. :lol:
  • [9:15] Dan bats the yodeling pickle out of Phil’s hand.
  • [9:24] There’s an incredible close-up of Dan’s ass. Again, I'm not sorry for making this one of my highlights.
  • [10:01] Dan bats the yodeling pickle out of Phil’s hand again.
  • [10:14] As a perfect end to the video, there’s a slo-mo of Dan attempting to flip the bottle of Ribena with his ass.
  • There are no merch links in the description for this video. :wahh:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

So, I've decided that now that DAPG is on hiatus, I'm gonna spend my winter break watching all the DAPG videos, in order, from the very beginning! I started right after I finished watching the Christmas Eve Sims episode, and I'm already in early 2015! It's actually really fun, despite me realizing how incredibly Not Funny I find early Dan, and I forced myself to watch some videos that I just for some reason never decided to watch -- I don't know what I had against Mortal Kombat and Halo 3, but I finally watched them and loved them :lol: Just decided that I should share this, as this is how I'm gonna be coping with the lack of gaming videos :D
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ya know..... New Years is still a “festive” holiday. Some of us even put up trees for the occasion!
:epictree: (shout-out to my homies from former soviet countries!)

All I’m saying is that I’m holding out hope that baking may still happen. #desperate #lostcause
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

rizzo wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:43 am :epictree: (shout-out to my homies from former soviet countries!)
This made me smile (Yugoslavian family, used to live in East Germany.)

I won't crush your probably slightly unrealistic overly hopeful dreams!
Ablissa
pastel persona

rizzo wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:43 am Ya know..... New Years is still a “festive” holiday. Some of us even put up trees for the occasion!
:epictree: (shout-out to my homies from former soviet countries!)

All I’m saying is that I’m holding out hope that baking may still happen. #desperate #lostcause
I'm mostly shocked that they mentioned it and didn't deliver. I thought it was a given that they will give us Christmas baking, since they mentioned it themselves (we all expected Halloween). So there is some hope left in me, but I have to remind myself that it's not likely. :(
starwatersong
phabergé

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:12 am So, I've decided that now that DAPG is on hiatus, I'm gonna spend my winter break watching all the DAPG videos, in order, from the very beginning! I started right after I finished watching the Christmas Eve Sims episode, and I'm already in early 2015! It's actually really fun, despite me realizing how incredibly Not Funny I find early Dan, and I forced myself to watch some videos that I just for some reason never decided to watch -- I don't know what I had against Mortal Kombat and Halo 3, but I finally watched them and loved them :lol: Just decided that I should share this, as this is how I'm gonna be coping with the lack of gaming videos :D
Love the idea! Just wondering if you’re going to include #spon videos as well?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i miss dnp already as well, i would be okay if i knew they weren't on the Big "H", though. it's just the fact that we won't hear their voices or see them interact for a while. well, outside of IG stories i guess. but also i feel like for me, personally, i need that break from them? i feel like i take them for granted. i am aware that i sound dramatic, it's not that deep, whatever.
i think what i'm trying to say is that my love for them will be more powerful once they come back. it's like when you're away from a loved one for a while, and you're missing them so when you come back and see them, you just hug them and appreciate them a lot more.
i don't mean that i "need a break" from phandom, though. the best part is connecting with u guys tbh.
idk what im saying anymore.
tldr; i miss dnp but waiting will be worth it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
starwatersong
phabergé

In honour of the hiatus, I’m going to list a top 5 favourite D&PG videos in no specific order. I’d love to see other people’s take as well, as I’m sure I missed some favourites.

1. Minecart Mania.
Lovely support and bants, one of my favourite moments in gaming on the channel.
2. Chopstick Challenge.
Ridiculous. And I loved it.
3. Undertale.
The whole series. Love it so much. If I could only keep one, this would be it.
4. Pokémon Go.
It was like sneakily getting a DITL and I was here for it.
5. Job Simulator.
From the smack in the face to the butt crushing of Christmas, I just loved this one.(Sorry, Phil).
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Just 5 Jesus Christ I cut so many of my favourites, but I've gone with (ordered from oldest to newest)

1. Three-legged DDR Challenge (I love the calamity in the middle)
2. WILL DAN AND PHIL BE MILLIONAIRES? (the synchronicity is strong in this one)
3. GIANT STICKY BALLS: Dan and Phil play We Love Katamari (This one's my overall favourite the game is so satisfying and the vibe is soft, Dan calls Phil "Philly" a bunch)
4. THE YASUHATI SINGING CHALLENGE (I cry-laughed)
5. Stormy Accent: THE HARDEST CRASH BANDICOOT LEVEL EVER (Just a good gaming/banting experience)

Honourable mentions to Impossible Quiz 2 (PHiL leSter YOU're a GENIUS), Portal, FNAF 1, and Gang Beasts and Happy Wheels which were both really funny.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
knq
lava lamp

Joining in!

1. Stormy Accent — I love the teamwork in this and the level being genuinely difficult brought out some great bants. Phil gets to show off his skills and has some gamer rage, and Dan does the thing where he laughs and speaks at the same time that I love.
2. The Impossible Quiz - The rage got a bit much at the end but it had so many great moments. “Phil Lester you’re a genius.” Phil going to get ribena and offering Dan vodka. Phil accidentally pressing the back button on the mouse. Phil generally. Good times.
3. MINECART MANIA - fetus Dan screaming, insisting on killing the characters when they miss something in the level, #consensualbanter, and “I am proud to call you my friend” screeching at the end
4. The first Yasuhati - all the noises Phil makes, Dan cracking up but trying not to make noise, pointing at Phil to let us know phil is being funny, and Phil shouting “sharks.”
5. Whichever Geogussr they filmed on the hottest day of the year - I think dan was also getting sick at the time? He’s so low key bitchy the whole time and Phil just rolls with it so comfortably, I love them. Also dan at himself: “Cool story bruh, hit me with your field facts”

So I guess I mostly like hard games where they get very involved and the banter that comes about when they’re distracted enough by what they’re doing that they’re less self conscious.

I don’t doubt they’re always trying to be funny, considering that’s really what the gaming channel is about more than actual games, but when their attention is split between a game that requires actual effort and trying to be funny I think they end up being funnier.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I already miss dapg, oh god. Anyway:

1)Stormy Ascent - To this day, I still think that it is the best game on the gaming channel. It had everything: actual gaming, team work skills and great banter.
2) Charades (Phil's turn) - I always end up cry-laughing when I rewatch it, especially when Dan has to guess 'Save Private Ryan'
3)The Final Google Feud - god knows what they were on when they filmed it
4) MARK OF OXIN, OF COURSE
5) The Final Dan vs. Phil
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
laurenbacall
delia smith

choosing a top five is an almost impossible task for me as i spend most of my life re-watching their gaming videos (i've watched them all at least five times - even the sims series: it's what i like to fall asleep to), so this is definitely not a final list.

currently, i'd have to say that my top five are:
1. stormy ascent
2. the final google feud
3. impossible quiz 6
4. p.t
5. gang beasts/tekken

however, i have a longer list of ones which are also favourites: the pokemon go series, undertale 4/10, overcooked 2, fireboy and watergirl 2, friday the 13th, donkey kong minecart, just dance, wii sports, resident evil 7, christmas shopper simulator, katamari, bubble bobble, yasuhati, both charades videos, job simulator, guessing american states, the final dan vs phil..... i'll stop before i list even more.

also, hey - i'm new here. sorry if i get things wrong! i'll learn how everything works eventually...
i posted this online, but i thought i'd share it here too: i was re-watching the SAP the other day and i noticed that season 2 episode 11 has been made private. it was called "woman eats baby" [the dead link in the context of a SAP playlist is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46uuoAY ... Uh92UZr9XO]. i watched the video earlier this year, so it's been made private in the last 8 months or so. as they don't own the channel anymore, and the people who used to post on it don't use it anymore either, i wonder whether they had to ask youtube to private it.
hello9217
flower crown

1. Mark of Oxin- for obvious reasons
2. Charades (dan's turn)- for how chaotic phil is
3. Bubble Bobble, the first one- this is my go to soft content; if i've had a bad day this video gets played
4. The P.T. (Silent Hill) video- very creepy and one of the best videos of any spooky week
5. Gang Beasts- the funniest video with so many iconic lines
starwatersong
phabergé

Welcome @laurenbacall!

I forgot how good Stormy Ascent is... I might have to rejig my list... :|
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Oh no just five?! Here’s five in no particular order that are maybe not THE top five but five that I love off the top of my head,

1. ResidentEvil 7. Solid game & play, Dan suffering and Phil jumpscaring him with the mask
2. Mark of Oxin ofc.
3. Recent Dab and Evan stuff tbh....
4. The Final Dan vs Phil...
5. Heart Throb? Geoguessr? Skyrim VRs?Charades? Just so much good stuff....
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Hello I would like to remove this picture from my memory please :shock:
autumnhearth
senpai

First off: no, Phil. No. Okay so it’s not that bad, but his beard wouldn’t be black unless he dyed it and seeing as he has no intention on letting his hair go natural, then no. Maybe when he’s older. It’s actually a really nice face pic though.

Top DAPGs vids? Oof.

Getting Over It
The Impossible Quiz
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
Charades (can’t choose which)
Cards Against Humanity

(honorable mentions go to the golf series and the first bomb disposal vid, it could have been such a good series)