Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i have to say I'm (happily) impressed by how large the articles of merch are! i'm like 5 ft and like 105 kilos (idk how much it is in lbs) and the recent merch stuff (courage to exist and try new things shirt and the hexagon tour shirt) fits me, with like a size M! i think it's because the shirts are very long, it can fit my body AND my boobs! I'm not complaing, at all! i'm just super impressed and happy to see this! It's so rare to find clothes that fit!

edit : fuck, me rambling and giving my measurements at the top of the page! yeah!
:gayaf:
rikonee
drama llama

flarequake wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:38 pm Was really fun to see those ig stories last night especially the driving game one. Itty bitty gaming video is a good way to put it (wondering how we can rhyme that more, like itty bitty kitty committee of the old lolcats. Itty bitty viddy contenty? Hmm, maybe less rhyme is more :roll: )

Dan in the DDR clip all sped up is a little weird, but funny, he almost looks like he’s only moving from the waist, but thankfully not since he’s not a corkscrew.

It does feel weird if Marianne has gone, she’s been there with them so much.
I'm so starved for content and at this point, the IG stories are like a video to me. Dan and
Phil should be careful, we could get used to these daily IG stories and would expect them everyday. ;)
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

The Fox sweater is indeed huge, I got a size S and I definitely could wear it as a dress since I'm barely 5 feet. But I love baggy stuff and usually buy hoodies a size or two larger so I was extremely happy about it.

I'm not 100% starved for content yet but I sure wouldn't mind some soon. I really want Phil to do part 2 of his outfit video and Dan vlogging the buying process. And a day in the life of adopting their dog I know that will happen, monetize it Phil, dogs can be expensive.

I also want them to cook food for each other I dunno I've been watching Jenna and Julien and those videos are filled with chaotic energy and I want them in deppy version
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm The Fox sweater is indeed huge, I got a size S and I definitely could wear it as a dress since I'm barely 5 feet. But I love baggy stuff and usually buy hoodies a size or two larger so I was extremely happy about it.

I'm not 100% starved for content yet but I sure wouldn't mind some soon. I really want Phil to do part 2 of his outfit video and Dan vlogging the buying process. And a day in the life of adopting their dog I know that will happen, monetize it Phil, dogs can be expensive.

I also want them to cook food for each other I dunno I've been watching Jenna and Julien and those videos are filled with chaotic energy and I want them in deppy version
Excuse me why are you doing this to me? This is now everything I want and I don't dare to hope for any of it :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:03 pm
liola wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm The Fox sweater is indeed huge, I got a size S and I definitely could wear it as a dress since I'm barely 5 feet. But I love baggy stuff and usually buy hoodies a size or two larger so I was extremely happy about it.

Excuse me why are you doing this to me? This is now everything I want and I don't dare to hope for any of it :lol:
My list of fluffy video concepts blatantly stolen from other youtubers I want them to do:

- buying the first five products instagram recommends them
- definitely viewers pick my clothes part 2, or if they really wanna swap it up the dan version
- reacting to each other's baby videos/childhood photos/first videos/etc. Ideal if it's baby or childhood photos/videos we haven't seen but I'd take any.
- another 'week in the life' because I think that gives them freedom to film more naturally? Being able to just take a small part of each day as opposed to a 'day in the life' where they're obviously finding a specific thing to do to give them enough content in a 16 hour span to make a good video.
- drunk pinterest project. or even just putting together a terrarium.
- acrylic pour. I'm just obsessed with those art videos and they seem pretty great for not-actually-artistic people since they're all gonna turn out abstract no matter what.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Ablissa wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:03 pm

My list of fluffy video concepts blatantly stolen from other youtubers I want them to do:

- buying the first five products instagram recommends them
- definitely viewers pick my clothes part 2, or if they really wanna swap it up the dan version
- reacting to each other's baby videos/childhood photos/first videos/etc. Ideal if it's baby or childhood photos/videos we haven't seen but I'd take any.
- another 'week in the life' because I think that gives them freedom to film more naturally? Being able to just take a small part of each day as opposed to a 'day in the life' where they're obviously finding a specific thing to do to give them enough content in a 16 hour span to make a good video.
- drunk pinterest project. or even just putting together a terrarium.
- acrylic pour. I'm just obsessed with those art videos and they seem pretty great for not-actually-artistic people since they're all gonna turn out abstract no matter what.
Omg your last point reminds me that I want Phil to give Dan acrylic nails, he can just watch a tutorial from Christine
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
George
sad dimple

I dream of Phil taking notes from Safiya and doing We're Getting Married Trying Products That Asked To Sponsor Me (Not Sponsored). Mainly because I want to see what kind of suggestions they get, and it could still have that 5 Things I Regret Buying vibe that Phil loves too much.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

phil taking a pic sitting across from dan :'( banana man.....
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

I’m still thinking about how sweet the photo of the big dog curled up in Phil’s lap like a Pomeranian was. :love1: I’m not really even in the ‘get a dog’ camp, I think they have solid reasons not to, but damn are they cute with pets. An old photo of Dan with a sleepy kitten has been floating around tumblr too and just. Damn. They cute. :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For posterity, since it never got posted here:
They're on a train, right? But that doesn't look like the one before. Were they going home?
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 am They're on a train, right? But that doesn't look like the one before. Were they going home?
They're definitely in a Virgin Trains first class carriage in the most recent photo, I think they probably just didn't splurge on first class for their initial journey, but did for their return journey (if it was me I absolutely would if it was in the evening bc Virgin has cool meal service). But I've never taken the West Coast Main Line, first class or otherwise, so I'm not 100%, I'm just a train nerd. But I'd say the photo from before was probably from the same train (a British Rail Class 390 Pendolino if anyone else cares lol), but just in a standard class carriage. Anyway just realized this could sound like a creepy level of detective work but I just like trains... :garbage:
kavat
pastel persona

BuffyFiona wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 am They're on a train, right? But that doesn't look like the one before. Were they going home?
They're definitely in a Virgin Trains first class carriage in the most recent photo, I think they probably just didn't splurge on first class for their initial journey, but did for their return journey (if it was me I absolutely would if it was in the evening bc Virgin has cool meal service). But I've never taken the West Coast Main Line, first class or otherwise, so I'm not 100%, I'm just a train nerd. But I'd say the photo from before was probably from the same train (a British Rail Class 390 Pendolino if anyone else cares lol), but just in a standard class carriage. Anyway just realized this could sound like a creepy level of detective work but I just like trains... :garbage:
This is what I love about this forum, there's always someone with weirdly specific knowledge about things I wouldn't even know how to research. Don't apologize for knowing things!
autumnhearth
senpai

BuffyFiona wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 am
That’s cool and it helps me visually understand what I suspected before, that they aren’t seated next to a window. (That kind of train reminds me of a colorful snake from the outside).
Ablissa
pastel persona

I had to share this here. How amazing!!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:15 pm I had to share this here. How amazing!!
Aww, that's so awesome!

I hope Phil shares his birthday fundraiser again, so that gains the last-few-weeks traction the previous ones have.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Okay, it's official : I've started suffering from the drought. I'm restless because of the lack of content! At first I thought : between the new year radio silence and the gaming hiatus, I'll have time to write my thesis but now, i can't concentrate, I always feel like something missing. The boys, that's what's missing :snow:
:gayaf:
simmehchan
butt chair

Noticed in their new shop newsletter...
To keep the joy flowing we thought we'd keep our shops smooshed together for the rest of January!
So... they're seperating them again? That's kinda disappointing if we have to pay seperate shipping again. Was this always stated as a short-term thing?

wow i haven't posted here in ages

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
citizen_erased
truth bomb

simmehchan wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:44 pm Noticed in their new shop newsletter...
To keep the joy flowing we thought we'd keep our shops smooshed together for the rest of January!
So... they're seperating them again? That's kinda disappointing if we have to pay seperate shipping again. Was this always stated as a short-term thing?

wow i haven't posted here in ages
yeah, if I remember correctly it was supposed to be a christmas-only thing. I still don't get why their shops and the rest of the irl shops can't be like the dftba shop, with all creators having their own pages on one big website. it'd probably earn everyone more money if all shops within one company are easily accessible in one go and people have to pay less shipping (and also there's less packaging involved, wins all around). But then again I don't run any business so :shrug:

also I'm very late but re: shirt/sweater sizes: I have the galaxy sweater and the try new things shirt and boy are they both large on me. I'm swamped in the sweater, even though I checked all the measurements. I only wear it at home, which is fine, it's like a comfy homey sweater, but I'd have liked it to fit a bit better. The t-shirt fits fine at the shoulders/chest but it's also super long?? I'm so confused at their measurements. :shrug:
Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm Okay, it's official : I've started suffering from the drought. I'm restless because of the lack of content! At first I thought : between the new year radio silence and the gaming hiatus, I'll have time to write my thesis but now, i can't concentrate, I always feel like something missing. The boys, that's what's missing :snow:
yeah I've definitely started missing them too. The tiny tidbits on insta stories aren't helping much, especially when they're only showing a puzzle or a pudding. I'm filling a bit of the gap with fanfiction, but really I'd much prefer a new video. Still though, I also want them to take whatever time and rest they need. The II dvd did arrive but I haven't actually watched it yet so at least there's still that for me.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm Okay, it's official : I've started suffering from the drought. I'm restless because of the lack of content! At first I thought : between the new year radio silence and the gaming hiatus, I'll have time to write my thesis but now, i can't concentrate, I always feel like something missing. The boys, that's what's missing :snow:
me too :itsokay:

I'm trying to keep my hopes low for January. The only thing I'm counting on them doing is the II Watch Party. But, judging by Twitter, it seems like quite a lot of people are only just now receiving their dvds or still haven't received them yet (yike)- so maybe still not for a while yet.

I've loved reading everyone's thoughts on the older videos they're currently re-watching. I was watching an old joint liveshow, and Dan mentioned that TATINOF would be better than the Lion King musical which he's seen twice (x)...so I guess his recent Lion King musical adventure was at least the third time he's seen it!

I also re-watched Dilmas, as I couldn't fully appreciate it pre-Xmas knowing that it was the last vids we'd get for a while. And Phil repeatedly turning his nose up over used beds in the Sims made me laugh...
Phil on Dab’s first double bed - “It’s been used…who used it…ugh it’s going to be full of lice” (x)
...still distressed, he brings it up again - “I can’t believe you bought the used bed” (x)
...finally Phil get's some relief - A non-used double futon (x)
...but the memory still haunts him - “not a used one” (x)

I mean, it's not like the AP bedroom has a used bed or anything (x), or he also did in the last London apartment (x), or both of the Manchester apartments now I come to think about it :lol:

(Maybe by bed he really meant the mattress, and in his mind it's all about having that fresh mattress, who knows).
Whilst it's quiet around here - a random old skool question that I wonder if someone here might know the answer to - did Dan ever meet or have any interactions with cutewithchris? His last video was June 2009 and Hello Internet was October 2009 so going by the timings alone it looks like they might have not crossed paths (as Creators anyway). I've always been kinda curious what he makes of ISG. Or if he knows. Or cares.
dc34
glabella

That's so awesome :6-year-old dan:

also, since they donated all proceeds, is this how much money they typically make off of merch? IDK it just intrigues me on how much they make on merch. Obviously this was only dan, but imagine dan + phil + dnp + other creators that sell from irl, boy are they making good money :moneybath: :money:
dontpanic
#relatable

dc34 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm
That's so awesome :6-year-old dan:

also, since they donated all proceeds, is this how much money they typically make off of merch? IDK it just intrigues me on how much they make on merch. Obviously this was only dan, but imagine dan + phil + dnp + other creators that sell from irl, boy are they making good money :moneybath: :money:
this is honestly awesome, but for some reason I got thrown off when they called us 'followers' (even though it's true)... makes me feel like we're in a religion or something head up by Dan
Ablissa
pastel persona

A quick spon since deppy are still in their chillout land... (@Ataraxia25 I'm restless too, I miss them. It's like this every year, but more so now since we have no clue what they will do next)

Next Sunday, January 20th, we will have our next watch fest & watch some videos on rabb.it - we have pretty much decided to alternate between rabb.it and IDB only showings, but you can still pitch in here: viewtopic.php?f=52&p=102058

We need to decide whether our current showing times suit everyone. We also need your input on which videos you want to watch!

So, long story short, please vote here :)

1. Showing times - do they suit you, do we need to change them? If the ones listed don't suit you, post your suggestion :)
2. Videos to watch for our upcoming watch fest
autumnhearth
senpai

I was taking a nap when my husband texted me “Really? Happy New Yee?” I automatically knew it was Phil, but I thought for a min it was an AP video (not that I was expecting one and I’d be surprised if he had found/made time for it). But other than that tiny, groggy let down, I’m doing ok still. Fully agree Dan and Phil Shop needs to stay one site with just different sections/categories. And Lion needs to be back in stock.

Actually funny story, my brother was over yesterday and my son wanted to show him all his plushies. They were talking about all the eyes staring at him, but how none of them were really the creepy kind. Then my brother looked over to the top of the bookshelf where the pastel plushies are and said “actually those two are pretty creepy”. He thought they were attached at the head, because of the way they lean on each other. Afterwards my husband said “Did you tell him where their actually attached?” At the hip... obviously...

Re used beds I defo think Phil means mattress, not the headboard and slats. That said, the current AP room is probably a used mattress. The mattresses in their old London apartment were both bought new, Phil’s right away and Dan’s later (he told us he was sleeping on an air mattress while Phil had a new super deluxe mattress, sure...) And of course the moon room got a new bed itself, dunno about the mattress.
starwatersong
phabergé

How lovely was that YoungMinds shoutout?

For anyone else feeling the drought, there's a good compilation of Dan and Phil in 2018. It's a long one, though (which I was for!). Warning: There's some spoilers for II if you're still avoiding them at around the 12 minute mark.

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Maybe it's premature but I'm having dinof tingles. Anyone else? *pokes @sparkle*

Silence on twitter, DAPG on hiatus, AP still in need of the ominous background change...
Also no word yet of the ii watch fest?
I'd like something to happen before they disappear for the two week celebration of Phil's birthday :shrug:

While I'm at it, I have the feeling that Dan's return video might be something like "Why I didn't upload for a year". Or do you guys thing he's just gonna continue like he was never gone?