Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

So i guess they did see The Favourite last night! (no idea what that is, i'll need to google it)
Or was it just that they talked about it ? Idk

edit : top of the page again.......
:gayaf:
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:59 pm Maybe it's premature but I'm having dinof tingles. Anyone else? *pokes @sparkle*

Silence on twitter, DAPG on hiatus, AP still in need of the ominous background change...
Also no word yet of the ii watch fest?
I'd like something to happen before they disappear for the two week celebration of Phil's birthday :shrug:

While I'm at it, I have the feeling that Dan's return video might be something like "Why I didn't upload for a year". Or do you guys thing he's just gonna continue like he was never gone?
I’m not sure if it will be the main focus of his first vid, but I imagine he’ll at least address it at the beginning.
Ah i thought they might have gone together when I saw Cornelia’s instastory followed by Phil’s creme brûlée! Dinner and a movie double date :love1:

@Ataraxia25 watch the trailer, it looks wild.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:05 pm So i guess they did see The Favourite last night! (no idea what that is, i'll need to google it)
Or was it just that they talked about it ? Idk

edit : top of the page again.......
Oh, I love this because I saw the trailer the other day and it left me intrigued - I'm definitely gonna watch it, now. :tu:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
blue_bear
dank meme

starwatersong wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:46 am How lovely was that YoungMinds shoutout?

For anyone else feeling the drought, there's a good compilation of Dan and Phil in 2018. It's a long one, though (which I was for!). Warning: There's some spoilers for II if you're still avoiding them at around the 12 minute mark.

Thank you for sharing this... it was so good! I'm quite emotional right now :happytears: this hiatus is gonna be the end of me!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

They really did replace Bryony and Wirrow with Martyn and Cornelia as their double date partners, didn't they? That's cute, though, and I'd also love to be a fly on the wall hearing Dan and Cornelia (and Martyn and Phil - but mostly Dan and Cornelia) discussing the concept of everyone being a bit genderqueer.
kavat
pastel persona

Cornelia's tweet made me miss Dan's solo liveshows even more. I feel like he could go on a ten minute rant on that subject. I really like his waffling, even if they don't lead to any conclusion, because I just like hearing his (and Phil's, but we haven't got much of that in the past) opinions on things.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

@autumnhearth i just watched it and actually one of my friends talked to me about this movie yesterday! i just hadn't made the link between the two! It's released next month in my country, I'm totally gonna see it!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:13 pm Ah i thought they might have gone together when I saw Cornelia’s instastory followed by Phil’s creme brûlée! Dinner and a movie double date :love1:

Ataraxia25 watch the trailer, it looks wild.
Imo, the trailer definitely does not do a sufficient job of preparing you for what a wild ride you're in for when you watch this movie. It's quite something. That's my review. :lol:
Last edited by itasca00 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I saw the favourite on Xmas day (Jewish American we do Chinese food and a movie on Xmas).

The movie is SO good but it also reallyqueer, sexually explicit, and pretty weird in terms of film choices- it’s like if New Queer Cinema started making historical costume dramas. (Personal Advice don’t see it with your kinda conservative in-laws and parents). The ending is so weird the whole theatre was laugh crying loudly at the end...

I absolutely love hearing Cornelia muse on it and I would love dan’s thoughts in a long waffly liveshow. Or phil’s extended non Dan thoughts but that would probably never happen..

Cornelia went to see it a week or two ago according to her insta story so I think that was just them discussing it...
fancybum
senpai

Can someone explain why Phil thinks “Russell Sprout” is such a weird or unlikely name? Is it just because sprout is a word, or is there some British reference I’m not getting..? I was reading his tweets like ‘why is this worth tweeting’. Also someone (Dan?) needs to introduce him to the thread function because the gap between that frankly meandering series of tweets was not worth the wait.

Edit: never mind. Brussel sprout. Not enough caffeine today. Would’ve preferred this “story” in a liveshow though just saying
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
gnostic
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm They really did replace Bryony and Wirrow with Martyn and Cornelia as their double date partners, didn't they? That's cute, though, and I'd also love to be a fly on the wall hearing Dan and Cornelia (and Martyn and Phil - but mostly Dan and Cornelia) discussing the concept of everyone being a bit genderqueer.
Did they fall out with B and W?
Just here for the marketing skills
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

what a wild ride these tweets where, wouldn't mind hearing all about in a liveshow tho
(how... different to get a thread from them)
hello9217
flower crown

gnostic wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm They really did replace Bryony and Wirrow with Martyn and Cornelia as their double date partners, didn't they? That's cute, though, and I'd also love to be a fly on the wall hearing Dan and Cornelia (and Martyn and Phil - but mostly Dan and Cornelia) discussing the concept of everyone being a bit genderqueer.
No. They just broke up and ever since then dnp have been hanging out more with Martyn and Cornelia.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

gnostic wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm
They broke up earlier last year, and since they were DnP’s go to couple friends it seems M and C are their new double date partners. It’s always rough when a couple breaks up and you’re friends with both of them. I don’t think we know if it was amicable or not, but DnP were so close to them that I’m sure they’re in a bit of an awkward position.
autumnhearth
senpai

plinthofmylife wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 pm I saw the favourite on Xmas day (Jewish American we do Chinese food and a movie on Xmas).

The movie is SO good but it also reallyqueer, sexually explicit, and pretty weird in terms of film choices- it’s like if New Queer Cinema started making historical costume dramas. (Personal Advice don’t see it with your kinda conservative in-laws and parents). The ending is so weird the whole theatre was laugh crying loudly at the end...

I absolutely love hearing Cornelia muse on it and I would love dan’s thoughts in a long waffly liveshow. Or phil’s extended non Dan thoughts but that would probably never happen..

Cornelia went to see it a week or two ago according to her insta story so I think that was just them discussing it...
How did you determine this? She posted a pic yesterday of the marquee. Did I miss an earlier story?

Nice of Phil to promote his friend’s chippy. Even nicer to see it’s highlighted as an LGBTQ friendly place. :prideheart:
knq
lava lamp

Did anyone else get sidetracked searching for a "Russel Sprout" born in the UK in the 80s? Just me? ok cool nevermind

I don't really understand twitter threads(?) but I like seeing Phil Try New Things(tm) to tell the stories he wants to. Both of them liked some art on tumblr today, which Phil hasn't done since spooky week, so that's cool.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

I know people get irritated with Phil's lack of opinions but I kinda feel bad for him.

He's not a loud guy, he often gets talked over, he's gone uncredited several times for thoughts and/or ideas he's had over the years and i think that takes a toll . When you dont feel like what you have to say is going to be heard? You learn to just sit back and shut up because you don't feel like what you have to say is important to anyone.

Hopefully this year he'll speak up more on things and make his thoughts known because I'd really love to hear them.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:38 pm
Nice of Phil to promote his friend’s chippy. Even nicer to see it’s highlighted as an LGBTQ friendly place. :prideheart:
I couldn't find anything about that, where did you see that? :)
hello9217
flower crown

CapriciousCrab wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 pm I know people get irritated with Phil's lack of opinions but I kinda feel bad for him.

He's not a loud guy, he often gets talked over, he's gone uncredited several times for thoughts and/or ideas he's had over the years and i think that takes a toll . When you dont feel like what you have to say is going to be heard? You learn to just sit back and shut up because you don't feel like what you have to say is important to anyone.

Hopefully this year he'll speak up more on things and make his thoughts known because I'd really love to hear them.
Very well said. There were a couple times in previous joint live shows where dan talks over something that phil is about to go into and it's kind of frustrating bc then he doesn't bring it up again.
knq
lava lamp

CapriciousCrab wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 pm I know people get irritated with Phil's lack of opinions but I kinda feel bad for him.

Being the quiet one in a group seems to come naturally to Phil based on what he’s said about his school friends when he was young and their surprise that he went on to do stage shows.

Sometimes people are quiet because they’ve been told or learned to ‘sit back and shut up’ as you said, but that’s definitely not the only reason. Phil doesn’t strike me as someone who’s been suppressed or learned not to express himself. I think he’s quiet because he’s listening, and when he has something to say he does actually say it and it’s often insightful/funny because he’s been thinking and listening.

From the conversations he’s had with Dan about various forms of media it’s clear he has nuanced opinions that he expresses in private. He’s more wary of expressing opinions publicly and to a large audience who he’s historically chosen not to swear in front of, either. I think Phil is just careful about the public image he presents of himself and that’s really worked out quite well for him.

Also his partner is Dan so he gets interrupted every 2.5 seconds, which can be frustrating as a viewer when one of them—Dan—doesn’t want to discuss something, like Article 13, and Phil would still be willing to if left to his own devices. But that’s very different than learning that what you have to say isn’t important.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm
His latest insta story!
autumnhearth
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm
His latest insta story!
I think Atraxia mean the LGBTQ friendly bit, it was on Google’s restraint search results, it’s vegetarian and kid friendly as well. Their Instagram page also shows all plant based take away containers :ribena:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Yeah I agree for sure. I do think that's something that he likes to maintain as a public figure, at least to an extent (and I think that's where my personal annoyance comes in but that's another topic for a other day). Also, I will still carry a grudge with Dan for interrupting him talking about amazingphil being a martyr until we hear about it again, though.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

knq wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:56 pm
From the conversations he’s had with Dan about various forms of media it’s clear he has nuanced opinions that he expresses in private. He’s more wary of expressing opinions publicly and to a large audience who he’s historically chosen not to swear in front of, either. I think Phil is just careful about the public image he presents of himself and that’s really worked out quite well for him.

Also his partner is Dan so he gets interrupted every 2.5 seconds, which can be frustrating as a viewer when one of them—Dan—doesn’t want to discuss something, like Article 13, and Phil would still be willing to if left to his own devices. But that’s very different than learning that what you have to say isn’t important.
I agree with you about his public image and who knows, perhaps he is just overly cautious about sharing too much. Or maybe he feels that's information we, as viewers, aren't entitled to. :shrug:

I just wish he would keep rambling after being cut off. Assert yourself, Phil and tell Dan to hush for a minute! lol
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:38 pm How did you determine this? She posted a pic yesterday of the marquee. Did I miss an earlier story?
Okay, now *I* think I might be inserting memories a la Russell Sprout - I SWEAR I saw Cornelia do an insta story about it two weeks ago, but I guess I just dreamed? it?