Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Sorry to double post, but I have found a link to his last video in the Lion story :6-year-old dan: The playlists I've found show only one privated in that set so maybe there's only one gone after all.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm Time for a dramatic unveiling -

:rainbowsparkle: :dildo: :rainbowsparkle: The new Dan and Phil sexuality/attraction FAQs post is now live! :rainbowsparkle: :dildo: :rainbowsparkle:

This was a pretty hefty undertaking by the mod team and @obsessivelymoody so first of all: huge thanks to everyone that worked on it with me!

But even with multiple people brainstorming moments there is undoubtedly a whole lot we missed, so if you know of something that should be there instructions on how to contribute can be found at the bottom of the post.
Aaaamazing! Thanks to all involved. Quoting so it’s on the new page.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since this never got posted:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'm going through Dan's recently played songs on spotify and I want to thank him for making me discover Tash Sultana because she's GREAT, I highly recommend her music (also she's gay and from what I've read, she's very open about her struggles with mental health).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
rikonee
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm
rikonee wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 amBut all jokes aside, what are the chance Dan or/and Phil going to uni again?
It's very, very difficult for me to imagine either of them going back to uni. I don't think Dan in 2019 would adapt any better to the hard structure of university courses and the workloads being on a deadline than he did as a teenager. I think he's only good at functioning in that environment with outside pressure in a very immediate sense (you have to be awake at this time because we have to be at the studio at this time and if you aren't then thousands of people are left waiting) and not in a self-motivating sense. Which is sort of understandable - it's not a skill he's ever had to learn, his career leaves room for adaptability with scheduling and still a sense of success.

And as for Phil, I just don't think he'd want to, I guess. Not that he'd hate it but that it's not something there's a need for in his life.
Well, we don't know if it will actually happen but we do know that the thoughts have crossed Dan's mind at least once. In the Trying To Live My Truth video, he said he doesn't know what he wants in life, sometimes he just wants to make funny entertaining content on Youtube, but then he also felt like he needs to go back to uni and learn more (around 4:25).

And for Phil, I agree there's no immediate need now but Phil mentioned back then in The Weakest Link that he wants to be a film director. It's such a long time ago so it's probably not relevant anymore but that could be a career choice if he doesn't do Youtube anymore. He might take some classes about it.

But who knows. All of the things they say in those could just be scripted and only for the sake of content. After all, it's a TV show and part of Dan's vid. :D
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I think Dan would benefit so much from university, studying something he was interested in, rather than something that's supposed to become a career. I can definitely see him doing a degree in something like philosophy (or Philosophy, Politics and Economics, which to my American ear sounds like a mashup, but which is apparently a thing in the UK). Good teachers can help you learn how to learn and improve your critical thinking, as well as teach you stuff you didn't know (quite possibly in a better way than reading Wikipedia).

The main benefit of structured education, though, is the other students--having other smart, interesting people to bounce ideas off of and to call you on your bullshit and to introduce you to new ways of thinking. Beyond all the benefits of intellectual engagement, Dan might like to spend a bit of time in a setting where he is not a celebrity and where he is not expected to entertain everyone, but where he can get some fresh perspective and ideas.

I should say that he would obviously be a "mature" student, and not staying in the dorms or doing typical undergraduate things, but I'm sure in London there are plenty of opportunities for him to matriculate or even just take some classes.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
vacule
squish

I'm finding it hard to imagine Dan in a structured learning environment like university with all the pressure of deadlines, being graded on essays and having to study for exams. It would also potentially be isolating for him.

That said, I have a tiny fantasy of Dan taking a counselling diploma. Now, I'm being selfish and projecting onto Dan, but I think he has a lovely manner and has done a lot of work on his own mental health and is clearly interested in raising awareness for mental health as well as giving support and advice (ISG being my main proof here) and I think that it could be something worth exploring for him.

It would also give him an opportunity to learn some of the neuroscience behind how our mind works and I think he would probably enjoy that.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I think Dan would probably be up for learning new things, but like a few others, I don't see it happening. For one, I'm not sure if it's even plausible for someone like Dan, who is famous on some level, to go to uni, take classes and so on at this point. He'd be recognized a lot, and it would be an opportunity for fans to go there and line up waiting for him, like in the BBC days. I just can't see it.

I also don't think either of them need a (extra in Phil's case) degree at this point. They have built up their careers, and anything they do now will be based on what they used to do before, not on their education.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Yeah, I don’t see Dan going back even for online classes. It’s been so long since he’s had structure like that and we know he’s not the best at handling criticism. An academic environment is such a stark contrast to what he’s used to where people applaud him for literally anything (this sounds much more negative that I wanted it to. I’m just saying it’s not something he’s accustomed to).

Anyway, I’ve got liveshow tingles today. I just feel it for some reason. If they’re going to announce when the watch party is, I’m assuming it’ll be in a liveshow. Also, I miss them and want to see their faces :(
liola
rankussy

I can see Dan wanting to learn new things, but I don't really think the university setting is something for him. I guess I'm projecting a bit, but while I like the idea of learning new things, university was one of the main thing that made my mental health so bad. Feeling like you're failing at something you're passionate about, the constant pressure of being judged by someone else and the comparisons with other students is not something that comes easy to someone that is depressed, has anxiety and has a constant fear of being judged while also being a perfectionist. Sure, Dan wouldn't have the pressure of needing his degree to find a job and wouldn't have the stress of paying for it, but it wouldn't change a lot of the feelings that come with university.

You don't need a degree to learn about things, if he really wanted he has the means to buy the academic books and read the essays published and so on.

Sad stuff aside, I hope this silence means they're getting ready to give us content. While I would appreciate a warning if a liveshow is coming, I really hope if Dan is about to post he doesn't tell us. I just can't deal with hype drama. Just beyonce it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

vacule wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:58 pm I'm finding it hard to imagine Dan in a structured learning environment like university with all the pressure of deadlines, being graded on essays and having to study for exams. It would also potentially be isolating for him.

That said, I have a tiny fantasy of Dan taking a counselling diploma. Now, I'm being selfish and projecting onto Dan, but I think he has a lovely manner and has done a lot of work on his own mental health and is clearly interested in raising awareness for mental health as well as giving support and advice (ISG being my main proof here) and I think that it could be something worth exploring for him.

It would also give him an opportunity to learn some of the neuroscience behind how our mind works and I think he would probably enjoy that.
Hmm interesting. I have conflicting images in my head about his potential manner with patients.
liola wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:40 pm I can see Dan wanting to learn new things, but I don't really think the university setting is something for him. I guess I'm projecting a bit, but while I like the idea of learning new things, university was one of the main thing that made my mental health so bad. Feeling like you're failing at something you're passionate about, the constant pressure of being judged by someone else and the comparisons with other students is not something that comes easy to someone that is depressed, has anxiety and has a constant fear of being judged while also being a perfectionist. Sure, Dan wouldn't have the pressure of needing his degree to find a job and wouldn't have the stress of paying for it, but it wouldn't change a lot of the feelings that come with university.

You don't need a degree to learn about things, if he really wanted he has the means to buy the academic books and read the essays published and so on.

Sad stuff aside, I hope this silence means they're getting ready to give us content. While I would appreciate a warning if a liveshow is coming, I really hope if Dan is about to post he doesn't tell us. I just can't deal with hype drama. Just beyonce it
Same.
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 pm Yeah, I don’t see Dan going back even for online classes. It’s been so long since he’s had structure like that and we know he’s not the best at handling criticism. An academic environment is such a stark contrast to what he’s used to where people applaud him for literally anything (this sounds much more negative that I wanted it to. I’m just saying it’s not something he’s accustomed to).

Anyway, I’ve got liveshow tingles today. I just feel it for some reason. If they’re going to announce when the watch party is, I’m assuming it’ll be in a liveshow. Also, I miss them and want to see their faces :(
I hope you’re right.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, a liveshow would be amazing right now. I'm pretty tired and I've watched so many of their old videos, a hello in 2019 woud be lovely.

I've recorded playthroughs of 3 of the shorter interactive videos - Dan's Halloween costume quiz, Epic Japanese Candy Time and the Lion of Inflatable Destiny. Even if I leave off the 40 present/prize choices off the longer ones, they get a bit messy with each clip loading, the "youtube is now fullscreen" note popping up or me hitting pause by mistake halfway through. I have the urls for the separate parts, can sort out anything else later. Clicking every box on the present/prize choice videos has left me feeling quite :help: I still need to check if I've found all of the Mystery Present Cave clips.

I also can't really see Dan getting back into academia, though he might surprise us, a change of environment, pace and people might be great for him. As for counselling, maybe in the future. Partially projecting, but also not, I don't think he's there yet. Learning about it all's one thing, helping others is another and he does that in his own ways already.
fancybum
senpai

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 pm Yeah, I don’t see Dan going back even for online classes. It’s been so long since he’s had structure like that and we know he’s not the best at handling criticism. An academic environment is such a stark contrast to what he’s used to where people applaud him for literally anything (this sounds much more negative that I wanted it to. I’m just saying it’s not something he’s accustomed to).
I don’t see Dan going back to school for anything either, but I don’t think his tolerance levels for criticism would be much of a factor. He’s sometimes not great at taking criticism from an audience of countless anonymous voices all saying and wanting different things- in an academic setting, the people criticizing his work or ideas would be coming from a place of apparent authority (profs) or some semblance of equal footing (other students - peers - there to learn the same as him). Criticism (and the willingness/capability to engage with it) in an academic setting, where it can be an actual conversation and exchange of ideas/perspectives, I don’t think can be fairly compared to criticism (and etc) coming from a huge and varied audience talking at you on social media.
An academic environment is such a stark contrast to what he’s used to where people applaud him for literally anything
If anything I think he would crave an environment that isn’t that, making academia that much more appealing. He’s expressed annoyance with people falling all over themselves over things he does that don’t “deserve” it (the piano playing, for one). There’s no objectivity of feedback within a creator/viewer ~relationship of this size. Trying to internalize any of the opinions (‘you’re a piano god’ vs. ‘you’re mediocre on a good day’) being thrown at him is mostly pointless because the opposite view shows up immediately after. That’s why social media drives people insane, trying to find any authority or objectivity in masses of voices trying to make everybody understand what they’re saying and more importantly why they’re right. Whereas in an academic setting he would have specific voices he could actually engage with and be able to better know where those people are coming from (whether any agreement follows or not- it’s easier to meet in the middle with actual, knowable, people).

Frankly everything involving other people is annoying and can be emotionally/mentally draining, but to me the idea of dealing with 1 professor telling you your paper needed more thought would be so much more welcome and manageable than 100k randos telling you a video you made sucked right out loud. But they’re really not the same thing anyway, so.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:02 pm As for counselling, maybe in the future. Partially projecting, but also not, I don't think he's there yet. Learning about it all's one thing, helping others is another and he does that in his own ways already.
Relatedly, I know Michael Buckley (former What the Buck in old YT days) is a life coach now. As much as the idea of a life coach makes me laugh, he is a genuinely good guy, he's out and gay and happily settled later in life than Dan, and has experience being pretty big on YT. He also choose to leave YT at pretty much the height of his career after breaking literally every record YT had back then. He understands that weird type of celebrity - I sometimes wonder if Dan getting advice on "next steps" from life coaching from Michael Buckley would give him an insight that not many other people can provide.

But also, maybe I just wrote a fanfic instead of real life.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

@fancybum while there is a difference in criticism from professors/advisors and a fan base, my point was that he tends to take things personally and might internalize some of that feedback from an expert. He puts his whole heart into things, and if he were to go back I don’t think academia would be an exception. Having harsh criticism on a paper/ proposal/ research can really get into your head, especially when you really put an effort in.

We know he had good grades in high school and that he’s quite knowledgeable in things he loves. He’s admitted to being a perfectionist and likes people to be aware of his intelligence (I.e. bringing up philosophy in liveshows). All of these point to the idea that criticism might be hard to hear, especially after so many years of being out of that environment.

But as it’s been established, he’s more than likely not returning to university so the point is moot. I would even risk saying hearing you’re not up to par from a professional or expert in their field is far more hurtful than a stranger calling you a sellout or saying you suck.

Obviously I’m not claiming to know his internal dialogue; I’m just someone with very similar experience ( in that I based a lot of my self worth on my GPA and people commenting on my intelligence as a teen) who is now finishing graduate school and certainly got their fair share of blows about my work.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:02 pm Oh, a liveshow would be amazing right now. I'm pretty tired and I've watched so many of their old videos, a hello in 2019 woud be lovely.

I've recorded playthroughs of 3 of the shorter interactive videos - Dan's Halloween costume quiz, Epic Japanese Candy Time and the Lion of Inflatable Destiny. Even if I leave off the 40 present/prize choices off the longer ones, they get a bit messy with each clip loading, the "youtube is now fullscreen" note popping up or me hitting pause by mistake halfway through. I have the urls for the separate parts, can sort out anything else later. Clicking every box on the present/prize choice videos has left me feeling quite :help: I still need to check if I've found all of the Mystery Present Cave clips.
This is so awesome! :platonic: <3 :ribena: I'm sorry I don't have the right resources to help, but maybe others can?

I also can't really see Dan getting back into academia, though he might surprise us, a change of environment, pace and people might be great for him. As for counselling, maybe in the future. Partially projecting, but also not, I don't think he's there yet. Learning about it all's one thing, helping others is another and he does that in his own ways already.
I guess I have a minority view on Dan's suitability for/enjoyment of academia. :shrug: I do agree he's not yet ready for becoming a counselor.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fancybum
senpai

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 pm I would even risk saying hearing you’re not up to par from a professional or expert in their field is far more hurtful than a stranger calling you a sellout or saying you suck.
My thinking was that the ability to actually engage with and understand why he received harsh criticism would be better because along with that, ideally, comes the ability and tools to measurably improve what he’s doing/how he’s doing it. This all probably depends on field of study, but I think he’d easily be able to get up to par, if that was an issue. The whole SM/YT thing is a lot more subjective and lacking in that way (also, again possibly depending on field of study, I think hearing criticism of your academic work can be taken less personally than criticism of your art). But anyway, nonissue or not, I’ll just agree to disagree. I think he’s less of a wilting flower in the face of criticism than he’s being imagined here. He does a lot of other business/life things that we don’t see and I bet he’s dealt with a hefty amount of criticism and pushback in the course of it that he’s handled just fine.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Longer update on the annotations being removed by YouTube on/starting on Tuesday 15th -

We have tonight and tomorrow left! They might not all be removed at 12am Tuesday, but they're starting that day.

I have most DnP videos with annotations screen-recorded now, and backed up, except for SAP - doing that now and tomorrow. I have ignored anything DnP didn't make ie collabs on the other YTers' channels, Radio 1's channel cos there's far too much, the notes aren't by them and the few I checked didn't have anything beyond "sub" or "buy book". Any annotations in the ones they've privated etc are gone, they only show up on YT and don't get saved in a download.

I could do with help checking videos from 2013 for Dan, 2014 for Phil until May 2017 (when YT turned off the annotations editor) - of course annotations only show up on desktop browser, not mobile. To the best of my knowledge, the last Phil main channel video with annotations was Optician Horror Story and the last Dan one was The Power Nap. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, click and drag the timeline bar across to see the video frames, just don't go too fast or the annotations don't show up.

I have screen-recorded all their main videos up to that point, and all side channel videos, including all the unlisted I can possibly find (will double check), except for liveshows. I haven't done the Gaming and Crafts videos. Crafts don't have them and I checked the first few Gaming, I don't think they have them.

Btw when you click an annotation, the clip it links to has an extra string in the middle of its URL eg "annotation_id=annotation_239329&feature=iv&src_vid=728ASgM4JIE&" and taking it out leaves the rest of the URL which should also work - they each have their v= video id at the end.

As I said before, I've done playthroughs of 3 shorter interactive videos, but I have the clips of the rest saved, except some Mystery Cave presents so could do with some help to find them even to just note the URLs. I've found 29, there are probably maximum 35 or so. You can slow the video down and make a numbered diagram of the boxes maybe?

These are what I have:
Red top left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YriE2-ZLVk
Pink left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JTZK8Xsw40
Green middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... pdrZ2P3yHU
Orange right middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 1rW7lnhJ48
Red bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... j1DvPV9IPM
Dark Red right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YJikTR26Kg
Yellow bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... BjwBfXhloQ
Dark Red bottom left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JfATW6kyVw
Blue bottom middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7M6vCyrtTU
Yellow bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... jCYXq9W0vU
Red top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... SkCmNlAthc
Pink left, changes from another pink one - Dan plays Pokemon Center song on Stylophone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... iwjFFiT5FM
Red bottom – lego recreation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Ixmk1lV0ik
Yellow middle right – Duncan – Pikachu in cocaine / Skull of a cheerleader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... AeP1gUSwNo
Red bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... I_OfNIoVSU
Green bottom right – Nintendo 64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... C3t_vFUNWE
Pink right, little one above giant pink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... yGDAh6MJMY
Pink top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... EkXJ0qLRwI
Orange top left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZJ3h6RfCc0
Green bottom left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ALfs6y8zNg
Green bottom right
Blue middle – gone
Light blue bottom – cosmetic surgery
Orange left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... brkSCxur8w
Orange right big
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... aDm2pdsoPg
Light blue middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YT-R23LRrg
Pink big bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vWllTAy62E
Green overlapping big pink one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... oZXUUDYo7Q
Red left (big) – indoor firework display
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bTAiugybPQ
Beige top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... kdB_q02gaU
I did the Christmas Adventure presents today and for one of them, I don't know which box on the choice video it goes with (found it when I checked someone's playlist), but I have noted the rest as best I can ie "white top left" in the first set onscreen. The one where I don't know which box you click to get to it - the woman with red hair, a red top and the inflatable alien gift - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07TJUr4XE4

If anyone wants to record themselves doing a playthrough, it might help to start with the main video in wide/cinema mode as then there's very little sidebar space for recommended videos to be visible, then each clip should open in wide mode too, wait for the video to load cos the fullscreen icon moves a bit, then click to fullscreen them (I'm using Firefox btw). Otherwise we can edit the clips together later / do screenshots and link to Phil's channel (are clickable image maps still a thing?)

OBS is free from https://obsproject.com/ works best on Windows as Mac doesn't have a desktop audio option (mute the mic option!) Also needs some disk space, not sure if a graphics card is essential, I have one and OBS is using it a little. I've changed a few OBS settings to turn off the cursor, use the Window Capture source option cos it stays in the same browser window while you click to a new URL. I open the video, fullscreen, pause, wait for the "YT is fullscreen" popup to go away, then press Start Recording in OBS and then start the video. Does help that I have 2 monitors, otherwise fullscreen could be done after starting recording I guess. I'm recording them in MP4 and High Quality, Medium File Size. I've left other settings as they were, when OBS is used for the first time it asks if you're recording or streaming to set defaults for you, I let it do that (for recording).

URLs, options, endings and results under spoilers, they're very long:

Phil's interactive videos:

Epic Japanese Candy Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728ASgM4JIE
Straightforward 5 choices, teacakes is missing, sushi, the top right choice, is way longer than the rest and the one Dan says he was looking forward to, so good to do last. I've done a playthrough, but it got a bit messy, might have time to do it again cos it's a short one.
The Lion of Inflatable Destiny - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDXOOcOXf8
One video's missing, but the ending is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z_wE1P813o
I've done two playthroughs, one getting it wrong each time first, one just with the right choices.
Animal Beatbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wU39L5QRzs
All one video, I've made a note of the times he makes each noise, also they're in the order of the images top-bottom, left-right. A clickable image or webpage would be ideal, but the latter means using his content elsewhere, so idk.
How Will You Die in 2012?! Quiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sX45p3nAwk
The time on the return annotation is wrong, it goes back to the main video after the choice part. It can be done with the main video in another tab ready to click again maybe? The right time is https://youtu.be/0sX45p3nAwk?t=49

Purple – Laser Penguin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tzwUC2rXuU

Light Green – burned to death by the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZwSSaTh76g

Yellow – age backwards to baby, then to a dinosaur baby and then die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... KhLxGv3C-8

Purple – win the lottery and then a meteor will obliterate you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... NYTyabMtR4

Red – live until 99 and then explode into glitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mp2fZw6r8o

Purple – rescued by Nyan Cat to live in space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... lSjX5jyMb4

Red – killed by closest red object to your left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bIS87wbLes

(Yellow - no link?)

White – llama apocalypse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... rfiPmL99iQ

2nd White - age backwards to baby, then to a dinosaur baby and then die - duplicate

Orange – Bella face disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... uWt-6I7iWA

(Red – no link?)
Which Deadly Animal Are You? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5UYputoao
There are 22 paths and 12 results (he says 14), so some are repeated, but would still need to be played through to be thorough.
Who would win in a fight – a tiger or a bear?
Tiger - Do you like bees – yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... XwO9kidzM0
Bear - Is Bella thinking about toast or scorpions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7VSedPddUM
Toast – which noise is most beautiful – 1 or 2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... c5_Poncw9o
Scorpions – People or Alone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 0ZEOmbrZpI
Yes, like bees – do you ever wish Pokemon was real, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... _2R13dNo_Y
No, don’t like bees - where shall we go – snowy mountains or the desert?
Same as don’t wish Pokemon were real below.
Yes, wish Pokemon was real – do you prefer birthdays or Christmas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZDxEIhxLxs
No, don’t wish Pokemon was real – where shall we go – snowy mountains or the desert?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... G4egoDkHpc
Birthdays = Lazer Kitten]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... q9MZHGVoOE
Christmas = Snow Shark]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... N0nMBBfDnY
Snowy mountains – which is scarier, Justin Bieber or a monster with sharp teeth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... qOgw7vQn2w
The desert – do you prefer the day or night?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... BogiRxzUmc
Day = Flying Snail]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 1uUzovnsOI
Night = Giant Squirrel]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JEj2Bwq0J4
Justin Bieber = Bearcat]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 6SpNuEq0gs
Monster with sharp teeth = Biebersaur]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... cDGTJHZGc0
Noise 1 – do you prefer the day or the night?
Noise 2 – which of these creatures is the most intelligent - Anteater or Meerkat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 77ZyaAGiU4
People – who do you trust more, Isaac or Anthony?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... e5m8wnSnuk
Alone – Space, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... EOhNuUQwNc
Yes to space – power to breathe fire or breathe underwater?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... HC37LKRqPg
No to space – survive zombie apocalypse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 4sFg6HxTak
Yes = Space Cat]
Same as Meerkat below
No = Flying Snail]
Isaac – would you rather eat a live mouse or be bald for the rest of your life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... DhfKyg_lE8
Anthony - which of these creature is the most intelligent - Anteater or Meerkat? Same as below.
Eat a live mouse = MileyCyruSeal]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... IbLwS0RliU
Be bald for the rest of your life = Whale Mouse]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7n91Qto1MQ
Anteater = Flaming Hawk]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 5kaAP6WM30
Meerkat = Space Cat]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... lhUIuWFZHQ
Breathe fire = Lion of Destiny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ncKY6QAF3w
Breathe underwater = Space Wolf]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... I8b-smv2EM
Interactive Space Adventure - the longest of them all, over 70 clips (half are the prizes at the end) with quite a few options, but doable. If you want to try it, maybe leave the prizes off or choose one and stop there. I'll try to record myself doing The Turtle Challenge part in a few ways, but that might be all. My notes are missing the URLs for the fish question in the middle, otherwise it should all be right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38g1Q5x2L3U
URLs of unlisted clips - remove all from “annotation” to final “&” (before “v=”) so it’s in the same format as the first video.
2) Poke Phil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... PVmHFrJBhU
3) Explore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... MrsvTS3xRY
Poke Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... jtfoySkY2k
Poke Poke POKE – death by biting]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... L-XQFJLs_g
6) Explore, cow artifact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... eMotQ6E0Eo
Return
Dial telephone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mwS4nlhU30
6663 – roar noise on phone – video 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... DeArGdQKQ4
999 - People talking on phone – video 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... P_d7PVb468
Dial Again = dial telephone
Return = explore room
6636 – CORRECT – video 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... F-i1T4mJ6s
= Airlock Open!
Enter Airlock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tZm7TfJfNw
Give Left Eye – Yes - You Die] Start Again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Ng3VX298zk
Cow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... P0RQC26-Og
Trust Sebastian?
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... HCKFHU67I0
No – universe destroyed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... dzlY-mEtmA
If yes -
Monkey Door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... T_87_fl5qM
Count the monkeys
10, 11, 12, 14 = Turtle Challenge (see below)
13 = We’re here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... gkXLuySwfk
Turtle Door - Turtle Challenge - Click after meow sound, cat image is the clue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... SRcVGjLOkw
Wrong – video almost identical to first Turtle Challenge, but with bird image, clicking after bird sound is CORRECT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZJdUDRPj1s
We’re here – SAME VIDEO AS CAT SOUND CORRECT CHOICE ABOVE.
Space Aquarium – how many Fish, 11, 12 ,13?
12 – wrong – died]
13 – wrong – died]
11 – take ship – sun or moon?
Sun – died]
Moon – Go Left or Go Right
Go Right – Woah, that’s high – Jump or Go Left + Left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... hKy3Y-nmjU
Jump – You died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ynfS0xymdI
Go Left and Left - Same as Go Left below
Go Left – green monster appears – do you love me, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... V6c-B3TYCg
Yes – Live happily ever after (not the true ending) – Start Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bEAFpSnnG8
No – free to pass – red monster appears – Fight!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... a8STT65Udc
Fight!!!! – click when hoodie turns purple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... qEWIbOQJ-Q
Miss! One More Try – click when hoodie turns green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... fF7vIt_QTE
Monster killed – travel to the space station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7p25kWrV5g
Ship Crash Lands on the Space Station – Spaceship Broken – Run, Use the Airlock, Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 41EeoJ6o-c
Run – Chris from the Future - Rock, Paper, Scissors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ltImpMVWjI
Use the Airlock – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vZDuOfEZng
Cry – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... kC9E7N9vC4
Rock – Lose]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Cjue7tydUA
Try Again at R, P, S –
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... LcD7deAXVY
Paper – lose, time has run out – died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... fNS5kLE914
Scissors from first video – green outline – Take Jetpack – Find the Gateway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 0EovqnLBEc
Scissors after 2nd attempt – you draw and die]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... FdsZtSGU8A
Gateway – Fight Lion yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... GpN3MFo6rA
Yes – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... zVhIGyt4Po
No – Sacrifice Lion or Yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... xTXDRG1kpQ
Sacrifice Lion – Phil is Sad for Life – Click Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 2fKiekTA7I
Sacrifice Yourself
Click Here – End Credits and Click Here for Prize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... zA3zzZ1MQk
Choose a Prize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vC_SYCB4vU
Interactive Christmas Adventure - less options, ditto for the prizes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYAduObhsb0
Poke Dan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... LJWMllpS-M
Poke Dan Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... g4ADEntAI4
Poke Dan Again! – he cuts off your finger] Start Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 3tLOmgHmNk
Start Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 2Zzp71o5Ps
Christmas Land – Guess Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 5SWNYfb96Y
Frosty the Snowman – dog devours faces]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... MAO5xdSbrc
Jingle Bells – Ice Cave! – Make Coffee or Use Dan like a Pokemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... hBBYlQ28JI
Miley Cyrus – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... KTPeb0pb-w
Make Coffee – Ice Demon melts – Snow Maze! - Make Dan jump off cliff or Up the Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... xp571_jdoA
Use Dan Like a Pokemon – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... BBOrfAuiFo
Make Dan jump off cliff – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mWvXYlDLGw
Up the Steps – Enter the Cave or Open Mystic Door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tMMoyP_0ds
Enter the Cave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... HkKve9rY_o
Open Mystic Door – Miley Cyrus – you died]
Same URL as before.
Cave – cross river of fire death
Jump while flames are high – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... B3RP1tpcTg
Jump while flames are low – we made it! – Squawk like eagle or Open Umbrella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... REYNU1YbL4
Squawk like eagle – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... o86rH2fc04
Open Umbrella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... GacOH1X_hY
Choose a Present
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... VepohfQNNg
Mystery Christmas Present Cave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ZGaVHtTS8
Ditto the presents, which is the whole thing. There's one clip linked from an annotation box that flashes very quickly, not sure if I've found it, apparently it's grey. Most are brightly coloured, but one is beige on the top right, I don't think that's it. The boxes marked ?! are Deps' presents, the others are by their friends. Also the clues spell
"/xmascave" with or without the /

Dan's one - What Halloween Costume Are You? Quiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPpNjiQIto
It's a shorter one, 8 results, so I've done a playthrough starting on the left each time and alternating to the right-hand choice each time. Does mean it's not easy to track the paths, but I thought it was more interesting.
knq
lava lamp

fancybum wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:42 pm He’s expressed annoyance with people falling all over themselves over things he does that don’t “deserve” it (the piano playing, for one). There’s no objectivity of feedback within a creator/viewer ~relationship of this size. Trying to internalize any of the opinions (‘you’re a piano god’ vs. ‘you’re mediocre on a good day’) being thrown at him is mostly pointless because the opposite view shows up immediately after.
I wanted to quote this because you’ve hit three or four of the major things that seem to be in play when people talk about Dan not taking criticism well. It’s not a simple thing, and it’s dependent on the nature of his relationship to the audience and the diversity there. To me, Dan always seems less bothered by criticism than he does by contradiction.

It’s as if he believes there is supposed to be an objective truth that masses of people on the internet will all know, and when people in his liveshow chat, in his YouTube comments, or wherever, contradict each other, he can’t figure out what that objective truth is and it’s frustrating for him. Like, it still strikes me how amazed he was at the results of the II survey question on ‘giving the people what they want’ being basically 50/50.

Online he also can’t interact on a personal level with the critics the way he could with a professor. (I think he tried to with the Customer Service blog.) Also viewers aren’t experts in his craft the way professors are. I could imagine Dan taking some online or hybrid courses in sociology or philosophy or even anthropology and getting a lot out of that experience honestly. I don’t think he would (or should) tell us about it though, as that would create the kind of pressure/expectations he struggles with elsewhere. (But I’m a graduate student so you know my bias!)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

@flarequake you are amazing. This is such exhaustive work.
rikonee
drama llama

flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 pm Longer update on the annotations being removed by YouTube on/starting on Tuesday 15th -

We have tonight and tomorrow left! They might not all be removed at 12am Tuesday, but they're starting that day.

I have most DnP videos with annotations screen-recorded now, and backed up, except for SAP - doing that now and tomorrow. I have ignored anything DnP didn't make ie collabs on the other YTers' channels, Radio 1's channel cos there's far too much, the notes aren't by them and the few I checked didn't have anything beyond "sub" or "buy book". Any annotations in the ones they've privated etc are gone, they only show up on YT and don't get saved in a download.

I could do with help checking videos from 2013 for Dan, 2014 for Phil until May 2017 (when YT turned off the annotations editor) - of course annotations only show up on desktop browser, not mobile. To the best of my knowledge, the last Phil main channel video with annotations was Optician Horror Story and the last Dan one was The Power Nap. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, click and drag the timeline bar across to see the video frames, just don't go too fast or the annotations don't show up.

I have screen-recorded all their main videos up to that point, and all side channel videos, including all the unlisted I can possibly find (will double check), except for liveshows. I haven't done the Gaming and Crafts videos. Crafts don't have them and I checked the first few Gaming, I don't think they have them.

Btw when you click an annotation, the clip it links to has an extra string in the middle of its URL eg "annotation_id=annotation_239329&feature=iv&src_vid=728ASgM4JIE&" and taking it out leaves the rest of the URL which should also work - they each have their v= video id at the end.

As I said before, I've done playthroughs of 3 shorter interactive videos, but I have the clips of the rest saved, except some Mystery Cave presents so could do with some help to find them even to just note the URLs. I've found 29, there are probably maximum 35 or so. You can slow the video down and make a numbered diagram of the boxes maybe?

These are what I have:
Red top left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YriE2-ZLVk
Pink left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JTZK8Xsw40
Green middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... pdrZ2P3yHU
Orange right middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 1rW7lnhJ48
Red bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... j1DvPV9IPM
Dark Red right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YJikTR26Kg
Yellow bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... BjwBfXhloQ
Dark Red bottom left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JfATW6kyVw
Blue bottom middle
Yellow bottom right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... jCYXq9W0vU
Red top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... SkCmNlAthc
Pink left, changes from another pink one - Dan plays Pokemon Center song on Stylophone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... iwjFFiT5FM
Red bottom – lego recreation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Ixmk1lV0ik
Yellow middle right – Duncan – Pikachu in cocaine / Skull of a cheerleader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... AeP1gUSwNo
Red bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... I_OfNIoVSU
Green bottom right – Nintendo 64
Pink right, little one above giant pink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... yGDAh6MJMY
Pink top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... EkXJ0qLRwI
Orange top left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZJ3h6RfCc0
Green bottom left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ALfs6y8zNg
Green bottom right
Blue middle – gone
Light blue bottom – cosmetic surgery
Orange left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... brkSCxur8w
Orange right big
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... aDm2pdsoPg
Light blue middle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... YT-R23LRrg
Pink big bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vWllTAy62E
Green overlapping big pink one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... oZXUUDYo7Q
Red left (big) – indoor firework display
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bTAiugybPQ
Beige top right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... kdB_q02gaU
I did the Christmas Adventure presents today and for one of them, I don't know which box on the choice video it goes with (found it when I checked someone's playlist), but I have noted the rest as best I can ie "white top left" in the first set onscreen. The one where I don't know which box you click to get to it - the woman with red hair, a red top and the inflatable alien gift - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07TJUr4XE4

If anyone wants to record themselves doing a playthrough, it might help to start with the main video in wide/cinema mode as then there's very little sidebar space for recommended videos to be visible, then each clip should open in wide mode too, wait for the video to load cos the fullscreen icon moves a bit, then click to fullscreen them (I'm using Firefox btw). Otherwise we can edit the clips together later / do screenshots and link to Phil's channel (are clickable image maps still a thing?)

OBS is free from https://obsproject.com/ works best on Windows as Mac doesn't have a desktop audio option (mute the mic option!) Also needs some disk space, not sure if a graphics card is essential, I have one and OBS is using it a little. I've changed a few OBS settings to turn off the cursor, use the Window Capture source option cos it stays in the same browser window while you click to a new URL. I open the video, fullscreen, pause, wait for the "YT is fullscreen" popup to go away, then press Start Recording in OBS and then start the video. Does help that I have 2 monitors, otherwise fullscreen could be done after starting recording I guess. I'm recording them in MP4 and High Quality, Medium File Size. I've left other settings as they were, when OBS is used for the first time it asks if you're recording or streaming to set defaults for you, I let it do that (for recording).

URLs, options, endings and results under spoilers, they're very long:

Phil's interactive videos:

Epic Japanese Candy Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728ASgM4JIE
Straightforward 5 choices, teacakes is missing, sushi, the top right choice, is way longer than the rest and the one Dan says he was looking forward to, so good to do last. I've done a playthrough, but it got a bit messy, might have time to do it again cos it's a short one.
The Lion of Inflatable Destiny - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDXOOcOXf8
One video's missing, but the ending is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z_wE1P813o
I've done two playthroughs, one getting it wrong each time first, one just with the right choices.
Animal Beatbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wU39L5QRzs
All one video, I've made a note of the times he makes each noise, also they're in the order of the images top-bottom, left-right. A clickable image or webpage would be ideal, but the latter means using his content elsewhere, so idk.
How Will You Die in 2012?! Quiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sX45p3nAwk
The time on the return annotation is wrong, it goes back to the main video after the choice part. It can be done with the main video in another tab ready to click again maybe? The right time is https://youtu.be/0sX45p3nAwk?t=49

Purple – Laser Penguin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tzwUC2rXuU

Light Green – burned to death by the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZwSSaTh76g

Yellow – age backwards to baby, then to a dinosaur baby and then die

Purple – win the lottery and then a meteor will obliterate you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... NYTyabMtR4

Red – live until 99 and then explode into glitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mp2fZw6r8o

Purple – rescued by Nyan Cat to live in space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... lSjX5jyMb4

Red – killed by closest red object to your left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bIS87wbLes

(Yellow - no link?)

White – llama apocalypse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... rfiPmL99iQ

2nd White - age backwards to baby, then to a dinosaur baby and then die - duplicate

Orange – Bella face disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... uWt-6I7iWA

(Red – no link?)
Which Deadly Animal Are You? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5UYputoao
There are 22 paths and 12 results (he says 14), so some are repeated, but would still need to be played through to be thorough.
Who would win in a fight – a tiger or a bear?
Tiger - Do you like bees – yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... XwO9kidzM0
Bear - Is Bella thinking about toast or scorpions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7VSedPddUM
Toast – which noise is most beautiful – 1 or 2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... c5_Poncw9o
Scorpions – People or Alone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 0ZEOmbrZpI
Yes, like bees – do you ever wish Pokemon was real, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... _2R13dNo_Y
No, don’t like bees - where shall we go – snowy mountains or the desert?
Same as don’t wish Pokemon were real below.
Yes, wish Pokemon was real – do you prefer birthdays or Christmas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZDxEIhxLxs
No, don’t wish Pokemon was real – where shall we go – snowy mountains or the desert?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... G4egoDkHpc
Birthdays = Lazer Kitten]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... q9MZHGVoOE
Christmas = Snow Shark]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... N0nMBBfDnY
Snowy mountains – which is scarier, Justin Bieber or a monster with sharp teeth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... qOgw7vQn2w
The desert – do you prefer the day or night?
Day = Flying Snail]
Night = Giant Squirrel]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... JEj2Bwq0J4
Justin Bieber = Bearcat]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 6SpNuEq0gs
Monster with sharp teeth = Biebersaur]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... cDGTJHZGc0
Noise 1 – do you prefer the day or the night?
Noise 2 – which of these creatures is the most intelligent - Anteater or Meerkat?
People – who do you trust more, Isaac or Anthony?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... e5m8wnSnuk
Alone – Space, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... EOhNuUQwNc
Yes to space – power to breathe fire or breathe underwater?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... HC37LKRqPg
No to space – survive zombie apocalypse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 4sFg6HxTak
Yes = Space Cat]
Same as Meerkat below
No = Flying Snail]
Isaac – would you rather eat a live mouse or be bald for the rest of your life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... DhfKyg_lE8
Anthony - which of these creature is the most intelligent - Anteater or Meerkat? Same as below.
Eat a live mouse = MileyCyruSeal]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... IbLwS0RliU
Be bald for the rest of your life = Whale Mouse]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7n91Qto1MQ
Anteater = Flaming Hawk]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 5kaAP6WM30
Meerkat = Space Cat]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... lhUIuWFZHQ
Breathe fire = Lion of Destiny]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ncKY6QAF3w
Breathe underwater = Space Wolf]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... I8b-smv2EM
Interactive Space Adventure - the longest of them all, over 70 clips (half are the prizes at the end) with quite a few options, but doable. If you want to try it, maybe leave the prizes off or choose one and stop there. I'll try to record myself doing The Turtle Challenge part in a few ways, but that might be all. My notes are missing the URLs for the fish question in the middle, otherwise it should all be right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38g1Q5x2L3U
URLs of unlisted clips - remove all from “annotation” to final “&” (before “v=”) so it’s in the same format as the first video.
2) Poke Phil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... PVmHFrJBhU
3) Explore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... MrsvTS3xRY
Poke Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... jtfoySkY2k
Poke Poke POKE – death by biting]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... L-XQFJLs_g
6) Explore, cow artifact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... eMotQ6E0Eo
Return
Dial telephone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mwS4nlhU30
6663 – roar noise on phone – video 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... DeArGdQKQ4
999 - People talking on phone – video 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... P_d7PVb468
Dial Again = dial telephone
Return = explore room
6636 – CORRECT – video 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... F-i1T4mJ6s
= Airlock Open!
Enter Airlock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tZm7TfJfNw
Give Left Eye – Yes - You Die] Start Again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Ng3VX298zk
Cow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... P0RQC26-Og
Trust Sebastian?
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... HCKFHU67I0
No – universe destroyed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... dzlY-mEtmA
If yes -
Monkey Door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... T_87_fl5qM
Count the monkeys
10, 11, 12, 14 = Turtle Challenge (see below)
13 = We’re here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... gkXLuySwfk
Turtle Door - Turtle Challenge - Click after meow sound, cat image is the clue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... SRcVGjLOkw
Wrong – video almost identical to first Turtle Challenge, but with bird image, clicking after bird sound is CORRECT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ZJdUDRPj1s
We’re here – SAME VIDEO AS CAT SOUND CORRECT CHOICE ABOVE.
Space Aquarium – how many Fish, 11, 12 ,13?
12 – wrong – died]
13 – wrong – died]
11 – take ship – sun or moon?
Sun – died]
Moon – Go Left or Go Right
Go Right – Woah, that’s high – Jump or Go Left + Left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... hKy3Y-nmjU
Jump – You died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ynfS0xymdI
Go Left and Left - Same as Go Left below
Go Left – green monster appears – do you love me, yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... V6c-B3TYCg
Yes – Live happily ever after (not the true ending) – Start Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... bEAFpSnnG8
No – free to pass – red monster appears – Fight!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... a8STT65Udc
Fight!!!! – click when hoodie turns purple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... qEWIbOQJ-Q
Miss! One More Try – click when hoodie turns green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... fF7vIt_QTE
Monster killed – travel to the space station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 7p25kWrV5g
Ship Crash Lands on the Space Station – Spaceship Broken – Run, Use the Airlock, Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 41EeoJ6o-c
Run – Chris from the Future - Rock, Paper, Scissors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... ltImpMVWjI
Use the Airlock – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vZDuOfEZng
Cry – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... kC9E7N9vC4
Rock – Lose]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Cjue7tydUA
Try Again at R, P, S –
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... LcD7deAXVY
Paper – lose, time has run out – died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... fNS5kLE914
Scissors from first video – green outline – Take Jetpack – Find the Gateway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 0EovqnLBEc
Scissors after 2nd attempt – you draw and die]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... FdsZtSGU8A
Gateway – Fight Lion yes or no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... GpN3MFo6rA
Yes – Died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... zVhIGyt4Po
No – Sacrifice Lion or Yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... xTXDRG1kpQ
Sacrifice Lion – Phil is Sad for Life – Click Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 2fKiekTA7I
Sacrifice Yourself
Click Here – End Credits and Click Here for Prize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... zA3zzZ1MQk
Choose a Prize
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... vC_SYCB4vU
Interactive Christmas Adventure - less options, ditto for the prizes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYAduObhsb0
Poke Dan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... LJWMllpS-M
Poke Dan Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... g4ADEntAI4
Poke Dan Again! – he cuts off your finger] Start Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 3tLOmgHmNk
Start Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 2Zzp71o5Ps
Christmas Land – Guess Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 5SWNYfb96Y
Frosty the Snowman – dog devours faces]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... MAO5xdSbrc
Jingle Bells – Ice Cave! – Make Coffee or Use Dan like a Pokemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... hBBYlQ28JI
Miley Cyrus – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... KTPeb0pb-w
Make Coffee – Ice Demon melts – Snow Maze! - Make Dan jump off cliff or Up the Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... xp571_jdoA
Use Dan Like a Pokemon – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... BBOrfAuiFo
Make Dan jump off cliff – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mWvXYlDLGw
Up the Steps – Enter the Cave or Open Mystic Door
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... tMMoyP_0ds
Enter the Cave
Open Mystic Door – Miley Cyrus – you died]
Same URL as before.
Cave – cross river of fire death
Jump while flames are high – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... B3RP1tpcTg
Jump while flames are low – we made it! – Squawk like eagle or Open Umbrella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... REYNU1YbL4
Squawk like eagle – you died]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... o86rH2fc04
Open Umbrella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... GacOH1X_hY
Choose a Present
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... VepohfQNNg
Mystery Christmas Present Cave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ZGaVHtTS8
Ditto the presents, which is the whole thing. There's one clip linked from an annotation box that flashes very quickly, not sure if I've found it, apparently it's grey. Most are brightly coloured, but one is beige on the top right, I don't think that's it. The boxes marked ?! are Deps' presents, the others are by their friends. Also the clues spell
"/xmascave" with or without the /

Dan's one - What Halloween Costume Are You? Quiz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mPpNjiQIto
It's a shorter one, 8 results, so I've done a playthrough starting on the left each time and alternating to the right-hand choice each time. Does mean it's not easy to track the paths, but I thought it was more interesting.
Thank you so much! <3
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone have theories on what'll come back first? DINOF, AP, a liveshow? Or something else altogether?

.... okay well editing this post since Phil was polite and answered before anyone else.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:34 pm Anyone have theories on what'll come back first? DINOF, AP, a liveshow? Or something else altogether?
I have a feeling dinof. Which seems like the least likely, but I don't know. I think Dan wants to bring the channel back, and I think in doing so, for his own motivation, he'd want to get on top of things and put his effort towards getting a video for that channel out first. I think he knows the more he delays it, the more he'll work himself up and talk himself out of ideas and inspiration and such.

I don't know if I'm getting across what I mean, but that's kind of what I'm thinking.

But who knows - for all we know, they'll come back with a dapg video to really mess us up hahah

Edit - nvm apparently phil wanted to go out of his way to prove me wrong
Last edited by greenergrass on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:34 pm Anyone have theories on what'll come back first? DINOF, AP, a liveshow? Or something else altogether?
Looks like AP!

Edit: oh we all went at the same time lol

Edit 2: why couldn't Phil have given us a selfie :(
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I was really expecting a dinof video before AP, but i guess i should've known better (unless dan is planning to beyoncè-it, and I kind of hope that's the case).

I'm just really glad content is coming back. I miss them.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.