Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I love the idea of a video today as well, to kick off the New Era™ right after the viewing party. My guts says otherwise though, that we'll get it in the next week. But I'd love to be wrong on this one.

Goshdarnit, top of page twice in a row. That's unnecessary.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Ooh, looks like Phil's de-ii'ing, he's taken down his ii header and the ii links on his twitter! End of an era :cry:
ETA: looking at this post again I'm seeing how confusing "de-ii'ing" looks lmao, I was trying to say that he's taking down all of the Interactive Introverts stuff (like...de-'interactive introvert' ing his twitter)
liola
rankussy

snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm Ooh, looks like Phil's de-ii'ing, he's taken down his ii header and the ii links on his twitter! End of an era :cry:
ETA: looking at this post again I'm seeing how confusing "de-ii'ing" looks lmao, I was trying to say that he's taking down all of the Interactive Introverts stuff (like...de-'interactive introvert' ing his twitter)
Just came here to comment on this, his profile looks vaguely ominous I don't like it. No custom header and No bio, such a weird vibe from Phil..
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
liola
rankussy

liola wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:34 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm Ooh, looks like Phil's de-ii'ing, he's taken down his ii header and the ii links on his twitter! End of an era :cry:
Just came here to comment on this, his profile looks vaguely ominous I don't like it. No custom header and No bio, such a weird vibe from Phil..
Update: he also just changed his YouTube header

kavat
pastel persona

AND the youtube profile picture! The fringe is now properly gone!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Holy macaroni, this is a new era indeed, uh?

Usually Dan is the one giving me the pre-upload anxiety, but now Phil is really playing with my emotions here so he better upload soon, please and thank you.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
liola
rankussy

Bitch im so ready I'm SO ready hit me Phil I'm ready crush me kill me destroy me I'm here for this new era GOD I've waited so long just HIT ME

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love living in suspense for what Phil changes next. Feels good. Feels natural.

Now video pleaaaase.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i was thinking a couple days ago that phil was gonna change his youtube icon and channel header... wowie. wild as hell! perhaps i may be looking forward to 2019.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I would love a video right now. I’m definitely in the mood for something. I’m not holding my breath about a video tonight though, I wouldn’t be surprised if he tweets that he’ll be uploading tomorrow or something. Part of me is still holding a bit of hope it could be tonight. My body is ready
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Omg i was literally on his channel thinking 'i wish he'd get rid of that profile pic' two hours ago. Admittedly on my app it still appears to be there but I'll take you guys' word for it. You go Phil!

I want the vid tonight, it's *got* to be tonight or tomorrow, surely?
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

WHAT is Phil up to? WHERE is Dan?

autumnhearth
senpai

opendoor wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:55 pm Omg i was literally on his channel thinking 'i wish he'd get rid of that profile pic' two hours ago. Admittedly on my app it still appears to be there but I'll take you guys' word for it. You go Phil!

I want the vid tonight, it's *got* to be tonight or tomorrow, surely?
Don’t just take our word for it:
It’s beautiful :happytears:
susan2
rainbow nerd

Phil's also recently removed the 'Live shows' link (that previously linked to his YouNow page) from his YouTube about page....
How timely. ...might that mean no more YouNow? ....or no more live shows?
:question: :question: PHIIIIILLLL :question: :question:

I'm also trying to remember...but didn't they both previously have a business email address on their YouTube about pages(?) - e.g. like the below that's still there on DAPG :hmmm:

He sure knows how to make everyone curious to click on his next video to find out what's going on anyway :lol:
rikonee
drama llama

Yes, yes, and yes. Phil is starting a new era and I'm here for it. I've been waiting for him to change that icon forever.

Welcome, Philip Michael Lester. Hope we got to see more of you this year.

And now, new video pls? :)
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
glitterintheair
phillluminati

susan2 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:35 pm Phil's also recently removed the 'Live shows' link (that previously linked to his YouNow page) from his YouTube about page....
There's no YouNow link on Dan's about page either (but did he ever have one?) Hmm.

Can they inform us about the fate of liveshows, already? (Or do they think 'it's obvious'? :sideeye: ) Or like, tell us something about anything? I hate not knowing things.

I'll be okay with them stopping liveshows only if we get a freaking podcast or something.
ratlad
angel bean

i don't really think we're getting a podcast from them any time soon, tbh. it's dedication to upload one regularly, also would they have something to talk about every week? unless they start letting their guards down and not filter anything that comes to mind (and i'm not just talking about gaming channel innuendos)
i mean, i would not be against a podcast at all. i would really enjoy one, but would it be on a new channel? would it be on AP? dinof?
i'm just expecting them to go back to regular (i use that word lightly) uploads wherever it may be.
but right now im like.... 👀 cause of how Chaotically Gay dan's tweets were yesterday. i want a phil vid but i'm also kinda scared? would his next one be in his old background, since before he made that tweet, he already said he was filming one? or did he put it off and waited til he changed? i would die for
"viewers choose my video background"
knq
lava lamp

glitterintheair wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm
susan2 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:35 pm Phil's also recently removed the 'Live shows' link (that previously linked to his YouNow page) from his YouTube about page....
There's no YouNow link on Dan's about page either (but did he ever have one?) Hmm.

Can they inform us about the fate of liveshows, already? (Or do they think 'it's obvious'? :sideeye: ) Or like, tell us something about anything? I hate not knowing things.

I'll be okay with them stopping liveshows only if we get a freaking podcast or something.
Using the Wayback Machine:
Dan removed the link to YouNow from his about page sometime between 2014 and 2015.

Recently Dan removed the link to Google+, the "For business inquiries" email address, and the phrase "hit the 'subscribe' button to be told when i upload a new video and join the INTERNET SUPPORT GROUP!"

Recently Phil removed links to facebook, Google+, Live shows, and his side channel, and added a link to danandphilshop, which wasn't actually there before. Phil also removed the "For business inquiries:" email that was there in mid-2017.

Because Dan and Phil's about pages weren't captured by the wayback machine between mid-2017 and today, we can't say if all the recent changes happened today or just sometime in the last year, and I never personally looked at those pages, but maybe someone here remembers!

After finding out Marianne was no longer listed as working for Above the Fray I'm not too surprised to see some hints that Dan and Phil may not be working with them anymore either. I'm very curious to see what happens next.

Also:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

So like... Phil's video. Tomorrow?? I really thought that we would get it today, with him changing his layouts and all that, but I guess not :cry:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Thanks for the info, @knq !

And god, that pic is beautiful.
ratlad wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:52 pm i don't really think we're getting a podcast from them any time soon, tbh. it's dedication to upload one regularly, also would they have something to talk about every week? unless they start letting their guards down and not filter anything that comes to mind (and i'm not just talking about gaming channel innuendos)
i mean, i would not be against a podcast at all. i would really enjoy one, but would it be on a new channel? would it be on AP? dinof?
i'm just expecting them to go back to regular (i use that word lightly) uploads wherever it may be.
but right now im like.... 👀 cause of how Chaotically Gay dan's tweets were yesterday. i want a phil vid but i'm also kinda scared? would his next one be in his old background, since before he made that tweet, he already said he was filming one? or did he put it off and waited til he changed? i would die for
"viewers choose my video background"
I don't think we're getting a podcast either but I just really want one, sigh (and I think it would be a new channel).
Honestly I think they would find easier something like a podcast where it's just the two of them talking to each other rather than a ls where they feel the pressure of the chat and people watching them in the moment, aware of the fact that they cannot edit out anything they say. However, it's true that it would require dedication and letting their guards down a lot.
You know, I just said that I don't think we're getting a podcast but I am not 100% sure and that's the thing - at the moment, I am not sure about anything. Many things that happened recently would have been absurd to fantasize about even two years ago, so who knows?

I really really hope we're getting Phil's video tomorrow.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I can't even imagine a new AP video with tour or merch sale promos. Is that a thing? Will that happen?! What a world?

That photo caption comparing himself to Elton John but sad...well then. Dip is just really out there with the chaotic gay energy this weekend, eh?
ratlad
angel bean

dan is a gay pianist, pass it on.
bluewho
truth bomb

knq wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 pm
I would just like to add that Dan Howell is beautiful and I am his whore.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

'Elton John but bad and sad'.

I love Dan.

Moving on, I don't think liveshows are over, she says, fully prepared to be wrong cause who knows what the fuck they'll do atm.

But quitting liveshows doesn't make sense to me. They are a unique way of communicating with the core audience that they've employed for years, and a good way to make easy money. Quitting liveshows would also upset a lot of fans.

Maybe they'll move on from younow as a platform though. (S/n does anyone remember rize lol).
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

bluewho wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:48 am
knq wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 pm
I would just like to add that Dan Howell is beautiful and I am his whore.
wow, me!

Like @glitterintheair said, I'm not sure about anything right now and it's a bit scary but I keep reminding myself that it can only be good! I really cant wait to see what's coming !

Also I miss them, please Phil, God, man of my life, UPLOAD TODAY!
:gayaf: