Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Hmm, I only knew anything was up cos an artist I follow tweeted about it, didn’t realise it was a wider thing, interesting that they’ve acknowledged it. Shame if it delays Phil, but at this point we’re all masters of patience, magisters of zen.
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 pm If Phil did have a magical 24 hour turnaround... he still might not upload today unless youtube gets its shit together.
At this point I'm willing to believe that Phil caused the bug just to keep torturing us

I just miss them sigh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obvsly
#relatable

Today is quite slow so I think I'm gonna post this scary tweet I just saw on my timeline..
Louise, please don't get any idea. :shock:
liola
rankussy

obvsly wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 pm Today is quite slow so I think I'm gonna post this scary tweet I just saw on my timeline..
Louise, please don't get any idea. :shock:
As someone that loves makeup and cannot stand James Charles, I would actually love this. Even better, she directs them and they do it on each other
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Them doing makeup on each other, or themselves, and taking it seriously would be great to see, Louise as tutor or not.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Now Louise instructing Dan and Phil how to do each other's makeup is all I want out of life.
obvsly
#relatable

lol I should have made myself clearer. Dan and Phil wanting to do a makeup video (with Louise or not) is great and I'm all for it but I cringe at Louise calling up Dan and Phil saying hey this is what your followers want and then taking over the video. I don't think she's got quite the right idea about D&P fans. :shrug:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i would love to see them make a makeup video but for the Louise thing, i agree with @obvsly
obvsly wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm lol I should have made myself clearer. Dan and Phil wanting to do a makeup video (with Louise or not) is great and I'm all for it but I cringe at Louise calling up Dan and Phil saying hey this is what your followers want and then taking over the video. I don't think she's got quite the right idea about D&P fans. :shrug:
I don't like the way Louise sees us.
:gayaf:
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:13 pm i would love to see them make a makeup video but for the Louise thing, i agree with @obvsly
obvsly wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm lol I should have made myself clearer. Dan and Phil wanting to do a makeup video (with Louise or not) is great and I'm all for it but I cringe at Louise calling up Dan and Phil saying hey this is what your followers want and then taking over the video. I don't think she's got quite the right idea about D&P fans. :shrug:
I don't know Louise very well… could you please elaborate about the way she sees us? I'm a bit curious. :)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Matcha_Ramune wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:13 pm i would love to see them make a makeup video but for the Louise thing, i agree with @obvsly
I don't know Louise very well… could you please elaborate about the way she sees us? I'm a bit curious. :)
She basically sees us all as screaming, young teens who want to date Dan and Phil, or the same thing but as a bunch of mindless shippers. Last year when they met her new baby, Pearl, she made a comment about how Dan holding Pearl was the dream of millions of fangirls or whatever, which solidified her still thinking that about us. But I think the media generally thinks that about youtube fans, especially that of dnp.
kavat
pastel persona

Hmm I'd say that Louise is a bit stuck in the 2015 view of the phandom, of it just being a bunch of screaming 14 year old girls who fancy them. While I'm sure they exist in the phandom (and there's nothing wrong with that), it's actually so much more diverse than that. A lot of us are in fact adults (some *gasp*even older than dnp), a lot of us are queer in some shape or form and it's just very tiring to be stereotyped into one specific group. Dan and Phil themselves know this but a lot of other youtubers including Louise still make comments that suggest that they haven't quite caught up with the program.

The YT issue is supposed to be fixed now, so he can't blame that.
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

OK, I understand the situation now. Thanks! :)

Good to hear that the Youtube bug is fixed. Hoping to see the video this weekend. :)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

A video of dnp + makeup is something I need in my life and I won't know peace 'till I get it.

Louise isn't that close of a friend with dnp, so it makes sense she doesn't know much about their fandom either. That "dream of millions of fangirls" comment made me cringe so hard, though.

Can Phil upload, now? If not, can he do an impromptu liveshow where he talks about cereal and houseplants for 30 minutes or something? (Yes, that's how desperate I am.)
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Matcha_Ramune wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am
Puffy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 am I had a dream last night that Phil’s new video was titled HANGING and it was a collab between him and Tyler Oakley. They talked about hang gliding. Tyler had done it, Phil had not, Phil was suitably amazed at Tyler’s bravery and that was the whole video.
I had a dream about the new video too! I don't remember a lot, but it had to do with airports. They were apparently vlogging there. And I remember Phil buying swimsuits too. :lol:
TBH I've had quite a few dreams about them since I've joined. Should I create a new thread where we could share the dreams we have about them? That could be fun!
(I'm sorry if a dream thread has already been created. I haven't seen one. :) )
I think this would be fun too, so I say go for it! I've thought about doing this myself a few times after having a particularly good Dan and Phil dream, and I haven't seen an existing dream thread.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
dancy
procrastinator

I mean, I agree that she seems to have a different view of who we are as fans but to be fair even D&P themselves were surprised to see how "old" some of us are and only realized how different/what kind of people we are while on tour because that's when they actually got to see us in real life. And having someone do D&P's makeup has been a requested video for quite a while now and I'm sure the boys are aware of that. Dunno whether they're actually up for it but if not, then well... they're not going to do it. (However I'm more intrigued by the idea of a glam makeup look on them, which isn't really Louise's expertise)
Ablissa
pastel persona

itasca00 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm
Puffy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 am I had a dream last night that Phil’s new video was titled HANGING and it was a collab between him and Tyler Oakley. They talked about hang gliding. Tyler had done it, Phil had not, Phil was suitably amazed at Tyler’s bravery and that was the whole video.
I had a dream about the new video too! I don't remember a lot, but it had to do with airports. They were apparently vlogging there. And I remember Phil buying swimsuits too. :lol:
TBH I've had quite a few dreams about them since I've joined. Should I create a new thread where we could share the dreams we have about them? That could be fun!
I think this would be fun too, so I say go for it! I've thought about doing this myself a few times after having a particularly good Dan and Phil dream, and I haven't seen an existing dream thread.
There is a dream thread, although it hasn't been used in... a while. :lol: If there is a newer one then I must've missed it.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=386

On topic: Phil. Feed us. I want to see your new background and try to compare it to my moving theory. (please don't spoil my theory)
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

It happened. I had a dream last night that Dnp went exploring a cave and it collapsed. They went missing, but after weeks of silence Phil came back with a tweet saying he was found and in a hospital now. Dan was still in the cave though and it was all over the news that he could be still be alive, but would be running our of air and die if he wasn’t found by February 2nd. I was so sad and cried thinking of him dying alone underground... :shrug:
If this doesn’t perfectly describe the past month I don’t know what does, good job brain.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Ablissa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:23 am
itasca00 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm
There is a dream thread, although it hasn't been used in... a while. :lol: If there is a newer one then I must've missed it.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=386

On topic: Phil. Feed us. I want to see your new background and try to compare it to my moving theory. (please don't spoil my theory)
Hmm...when I click that link, I get the following error message: "You are not authorised to read this forum." Maybe one of the mods/admins can give an explanation.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
dontpanic
#relatable

I'd like the Louise collab if only so she can help deppy get the right color foundation, they need some help
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

honestly, i cant believe im actually starting to feel impatient for that phil video. probably because this tall man kept on teasing us with it so now im getting a bit /grabby hands/.

also idk why but i feel like dan™ might upload soon too, might even beyonce it just to mess with us. although, i would probably enjoy and get a real good laugh over the phandoms reaction if dan DOES drop a viddy out of nowhere, i feel like he would actually give the fandom a warning or even hint it if he is talking about a serious topic, just to soften the cushion a bit. eitherway, the internet will go on flames.

ps. i would actually watch the hell out of a dnp does each others make-up viddy tho oh wait, this exists

-------------------------------
📣 minor annoncement:
-------------------------------
ive recently posted an update for the idb watch fests and it would be great if people kindly go over and show us your thoughts about this. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1531&p=102551#p102551 thanks!
"you are next to me in my life"
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, that Red Nose Day makeup video was a blessing. It’s funny to see Phil in his cuter mode, but with sarcasm slipping through. Also how into it they both get even though they take the mick out of each other, they each have a vision, or a mission, call it what you will. And it might even be the origin of Dan’s good side, at least Phil mentions it (and Dan has turned his head that way ever since, dammit). They both end up looking like clowns, a murderous one in Phil’s case with the meat cleaver at the end. Iconic.
autumnhearth
senpai

An article was featured on my phone about Prince Willam’s mental health campaign, which then led to another. The first relates to Dan’s involvement, though he’s not actually mentioned. And the second is more about the prince’s personal experience.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_fam ... 80924.html

https://people.com/royals/prince-willia ... alk-about/

Surely today must be the day for the AP vid. Please Phil, please.
lionandllama
squish

I‘m wearing my AP plant boy sweater today to summon his video. At this point I really don’t know if I should lower my expectations immensely or hype up the new background? We will see.

Also, I don’t know if I’m alone with this, but I love watching political videos of HBomberguy and ContraPoints and just recently realised that Dan follows them, too, and now I really, really, really want him to join the leftist YT sphere and make similar videos about important social issues.
autumnhearth
senpai

^And I’m wearing my fox jumper today. Better put on some corgi socks and cross my toes!

^Hmm. I wonder how Dan feels about the recent articles about Corbyn (the ones about his ties/support of anti Semitic leaders and holocost deniers) I don’t expect Dan to say anything about it, I’m just curious if one, he has read any and two, how he reacted.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

This is too funny
Photo from https://tfln.co/these-33-photos-prove-t ... ly-dumb/3/