Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm This is too funny
Photo from https://tfln.co/these-33-photos-prove-t ... ly-dumb/3/
Oh my word, that's hilarious!

Also, is today the day Phil's channel will come back from the war?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm This is too funny
Photo from https://tfln.co/these-33-photos-prove-t ... ly-dumb/3/
This is so funny :rofl:
God, I remember when he posted this pic, good times. (Also I can't remember but did we know that Dan was going up north with Phil when this happened?)

If Phil doesn't upload today I am becoming a kpoppie.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Now that the Oscar nominations are out, I'm really missing their movie reviews in liveshows. A casual live of them discussing the Oscar nominations over a plate of cookies would be just lovely right about now :cookie: I remember Dan mentioning them seeing Black Panther (x), and hearing via Cornelia (x) that they'd seen The Favourite....but I wonder if they've seen any of the others nominated this year?

Also, whilst it's quiet, I came across this interesting II stat (maybe it's already known but I hadn't heard it before)...and wow, it's sometimes easy to forget the scale of that whole II thing -
- TATINOF performed to 180,000
- II performed to just under a quarter of a million
[source] <-- also if anyone's got a spare £700 (lol) that might be an interesting talk
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Interesting, shame that’s reserved for the industry track when the community would probably also find some aspects of it interesting. Kinda gross that the title starts with monetisation, there is more to live/face-to-face events than that for both sides, I hope. It’s a shame Deps aren’t doing VidCon London, maybe they could talk about their tours, how things have changed and improved, or not, for them on all levels. Heck, maybe they’ll say more about it in a video or liveshow, or maybe they’ve said whatever they’re going to already, just thoughts.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I’m really starting to feel withdraws now. I was fine before phil tweeted. I was in the mindset of it will happen when it happens and I learned to deal. But once I saw Phil saying he’s filming a new video that’s when I finally let myself get excited. I feel like it’s been forever and worse now because I know that I’m not gonna get a gaming video popping up. I feel bad that I’m just putting this all on phil uploading, I know I’m not gonna get a dan video. Because I’m off work for a few days I’m starting to find myself constantly checking my phone. It’s like a itch I can’t scratch... I’m dying here. Most of all it’s the discussion and the interaction I’m missing within the phandom. I miss refreshing my Twitter and seeing everyone’s reactions and jokes. :happytears: people recently updating their fics are really the thing keeping me going at this point in time
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

“one more daaawn, one more daaaay, ooone daaay moooore!” This drip-feeding, teasing shit’s old :bedtime: but yay giving us what they want ;) ah well, “the sun’ll come out tomorrow, it’s only a day away!”
glitterintheair
phillluminati

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm If Phil doesn't upload today I am becoming a kpoppie.
Well, kpop here i come, i guess?

I am in agony, truly. I swear it better be the greatest video he's ever uploaded.
hello9217
flower crown

I think this whole thing made me miss dnpgames even more. Like Phil will upload tomorrow and then what? If he goes back to his once every two weeks thing then there won't be a video for awhile. And even if dan does decide to finally upload then they still won't be frequent. Dnpgames at least provided with once a week content. Idk I just hope that Phil uploading tomorrow sets off a chain reaction of dinp actually coming back to us more frequently. Or I hope that they've been using this long break to at least let us know a bit of what this year holds.
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Wonderful! :) For some reason, I was expecting it this weekend. One day earlier than I thought!
This is all quite exciting. :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well, I made a polite plea for info before we wait and wonder for a week in future, but now I feel I’m overdoing it. Heh, always feel like that. Still, I’m intrigued to know what it’s about and the background. Ngl, I’d bet it’s all about changing up the background and I’m here for it if he wants to be open like he was about his hair and the deleted videos, they were good.

I know what you mean @hello9217, feeling all hyped up and 10 minutes later we’re done. It should be good, I mean I like all his videos bar one, but after the break and all the things ending, I trust he’ll have made something pretty good. Also it’ll give us something to talk about, with any luck lots to to talk about. Maybe Danny’ll even mention his plans in a tweet in somecway, if not actually upload (or maybe he won’t), tbh maybe a fortnightly AP will be it for a while and we’ll have to sustain ourselves somehow. We’ve all made it this far :hugrb:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm If Phil doesn't upload today I am becoming a kpoppie.

I am in agony, truly. I swear it better be the greatest video he's ever uploaded.
Please, don't become a kpoppie, we need you!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

oh my god i forgot how much i love those photos of dan in the isle of man airport. hilarious. :lol:
also thank gOD phil is uploading tomorrow, i seriously miss him
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Gah Phil thank you for keeping us updated but also I just feel like this:

Please let this be longer than 10:01 I need video to be sustained!!!! But at least we have a concrete time frame and it's not like, next week...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan and Phil's New Year's resolution was clearly to turn their edging kink towards us, the unassuming audience.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Lol, so glad I just googled that
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Lmao don't worry, I am stuck in this hell. :dh:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm I think this whole thing made me miss dnpgames even more. Like Phil will upload tomorrow and then what? If he goes back to his once every two weeks thing then there won't be a video for awhile. And even if dan does decide to finally upload then they still won't be frequent. Dnpgames at least provided with once a week content. Idk I just hope that Phil uploading tomorrow sets off a chain reaction of dinp actually coming back to us more frequently. Or I hope that they've been using this long break to at least let us know a bit of what this year holds.
I'm hoping for the chain reaction thing too. My ideal is something weekly - be it a video or a liveshow. If they did that, if Dan did plan on making videos again (i know, big if) and if Phil plans to go back to the schedule he held for generally the whole time up to II, then one video each a month and two liveshows a month would pretty much satisfy me.

Not that I'm saying I think that will happen. But a girl can dream.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Sigh. Remember when we used to have like... two videos per week or something?
I hate that hoping for two videos a month + two liveshows (like @alittledizzy said) is being optimistic now. I understand they need their time and they're probably doing loads of things behind the scenes, but... Gosh. It's finally starting to hit me that we really don't know what they will be doing now, and when/if DAPG will return in some shape or form. And until it does, we will likely have very few videos for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to be a grump, but just - I miss them loads.

#Spon
We're having our IDB-only watch fest this Sunday, January 27th!
It will last the whole day, so you can watch the videos at your convenience and then join us for some top bants in the thread.

Click here to vote for videos - you can pick multiple!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 pm Dan and Phil's New Year's resolution was clearly to turn their edging kink towards us, the unassuming audience.
cant believe im saying it but, im kinkshaming dan and phil :roll:
"you are next to me in my life"
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I fear that not having dapg will be a problem in the long run. Going from two videos a week to two videos a month... boy, I am ready to jump off a bridge.

In the past they could take their time with the main channels because they had dapg and before that they had the radio show. Now it's just AmazingPhil and danielhowell (and maybe liveshows? Who knows?) and I really hope they are aware of the fact that they need to keep their audience engaged because this fandom gets bored really fast without content.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Liveshows only reach such a small percentage of their audience, those being 'content' in the same way proper videos are is unsustainable imo. Most people aren't interested, and it won't be enough to keep people from wandering into certain other fandoms with a constant stream of content. BTS is gonna have a little brother group soon, just saying.

I don't think Phil uploading today it's gonna make me miss DAPG any less. The fact is that I don't love their main channel/solo content as much as I once did, and I've never felt that more than now. AP has always been a little hit or miss for me and The Channel Formerly Known As DINOF has gone in a direction I really don't care for. Speaking of Dan, what the hell is he up to? Now with his lack of IG Stories it's like he's ghosting us on all platforms :')

Still, I'm more than ready for that Phil video. His aesthetics better be on point.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obvsly
#relatable

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Meanwhile I have regressed to Drarry and now reading a 200,000+ word fic. My spirit is strong but there's an amazingphil-shaped hole in my heart...
Ataraxia25
flower crown

obvsly wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 am

Meanwhile I have regressed to Drarry and now reading a 200,000+ word fic. My spirit is strong but there's an amazingphil-shaped hole in my heart...
Drarry is amazing and as i love this ship as much as "phan", when dnp disappoint me I'm like : I'm going back to my one true love, drarry, who never disappointed me! Haha

Okay new dawn new day, today's the day we finally have content! Only a few more hours to go through, we can do this! (yay........)
scientia
phabergé

obvsly wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:17 am

Oooh, mind sharing which Drarry story??