Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:36 am Dan and Phil in 2019, what's that about?

The tightest angles possible for filming and social media photos, apparently.
To quote something I said earlier: can you smell that? the sweet scent of cardboard is in the air. My tin hat is on more firmly than ever. And tbh it feels similarly to the last time they were moving, and we all know that they loving dropping hints.
dan and phil, probably:

"you are next to me in my life"
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:36 am Dan and Phil in 2019, what's that about?

The tightest angles possible for filming and social media photos, apparently.
To quote something I said earlier: can you smell that? the sweet scent of cardboard is in the air. My tin hat is on more firmly than ever. And tbh it feels similarly to the last time they were moving, and we all know that they loving dropping hints.
i'm here with you! My tin hat is bright and shiny on the top of my head.
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

Okay but for real, though, it's starting to feel a bit deliberate. To think about it, we've also barely seen their faces while they're at home lately - Dan's New Year's selfie was taken in front of a white wall and so was Phil's selfie where he showed us his freshly dyed hair. The only time we saw a bit more was when Phil showed his haircut, but even there we only saw the sofa he was sat on and the cabinet behind him.

Not to be suspicious but I am suspicious.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:20 pm Obviously I don’t agree with the last two sentences (their blog names says everything), but I do love me some numbers. Can someone remind me how this compares to the money they make per liveshow?
I think the estimate that 30,000 people bought memberships is wildly optimistic. To give one metric, Phil's "members only" post currently has 324 likes and 351 comments. Only 1-2% of channel members interacting with that content seems low to me.

The monthly revenue estimate is off for other reasons as well. Not only does the cost of channel membership vary by country as @Ablissa pointed out (prices for other countries can be found here under "International pricing"), but YouTube's cut is 30%, (~$1.50) not 50% (~$2.50), of membership fees. (See "How much of a channel membership payment goes to the creator?" on this page.)

Using the responses to the question about country of residence from the most recent Phandom Survey (and assuming that country of residence does not affect the likelihood that a person will buy a membership) and the USD estimates given by YouTube of membership costs per country (which are admittedly based on currency conversion rates that are more than a year old), we can estimate the monthly revenue that Phil makes per 1,000 channel memberships at $3,656. (Actually, it will be less than that because Google mentions that local sales tax is deducted before they take their cut, but whatever. It's a number.)
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
susan2
rainbow nerd

I was having some calm time today, with an old Phil liveshow on in the background...and then Phil from the past says "I’m not saying bye to gaming streaming forever, just press the pause button on that one" (x). Too soon old Philly, too soon.
⏸️ :bedtime:

- -
I wonder when Phil added that Big Potato Games sticker to his laptop? :sherlock: It wasn't there in Why I went to Hospital.

I couldn't help but notice it was front and centre of his recent video. Whilst I'm sure they're still sponning TruthBombs to an extent, it's just interesting to see that there's an increased, regular and continued presence of BPG on their channels over a year later and they're maintaining that relationship so prominently...
kavat
pastel persona

I just hope we get a liveshow or a video in some form this week, because dear lord is the content drought making parts of the phandom insufferable.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm I just hope we get a liveshow or a video in some form this week, because dear lord is the content drought making parts of the phandom insufferable.
I was literally about to say this. I don't know about Twitter because I don't follow many people who watch dnp and the ones who do are chill, but Tumblr has become rather ugly - there's people fighting each other and causing drama every single day (to the point that i'm trying to restrain myself from saying something to those people) and dear god I unfollowed so many blogs that I think I'll end up following like 10 people at this rate. Please boys, just do something, anything.
Ablissa
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm
kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm I just hope we get a liveshow or a video in some form this week, because dear lord is the content drought making parts of the phandom insufferable.
I was literally about to say this. I don't know about Twitter because I don't follow many people who watch dnp and the ones who do are chill, but Tumblr has become rather ugly - there's people fighting each other and causing drama every single day (to the point that i'm trying to restrain myself from saying something to those people) and dear god I unfollowed so many blogs that I think I'll end up following like 10 people at this rate. Please boys, just do something, anything.
IDB is the one sane corner of the phandom right now. Twitter is usually filled with drama, and tumblr is just toxic lately.
I'm not sure if we can reasonably count on a video this week... probably not. But I'm hoping for a cute tweet/insta from Dan for Dan's birthday, and if he doesn't deliver, I'm going to be sad.

@obsessivelymoody, I'm right there with you in my tin hat. I think moving is a legit possibility.
noodlebum
flower crown

What do we think about them denying they're moving in their last liveshow? I wasn't around last time they moved, did they outright deny it at all beforehand?
liola
rankussy

noodlebum wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm What do we think about them denying they're moving in their last liveshow? I wasn't around last time they moved, did they outright deny it at all beforehand?
To me it felt more telling their prolonged silence right after the no than anything else.

I don't think they outright denied it last time, but they also spent weeks planting the seed of moving and dropped the news right after they moved. This time the phandom has been on the lookout for them moving since the very beginning.

I mean, it isn't even a lie per se - they weren't moving in the last liveshow, since they clearly still (apparently) live there. But I'm still on my "they're moving soon" hill, still looking out, enjoying the view, welcoming anyone that wants to join because I've got cookies and booze and warm blankets. :bedtime:
Ablissa wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm
IDB is the one sane corner of the phandom right now. Twitter is usually filled with drama, and tumblr is just toxic lately.
I'm not sure if we can reasonably count on a video this week... probably not. But I'm hoping for a cute tweet/insta from Dan for Dan's birthday, and if he doesn't deliver, I'm going to be sad.

@obsessivelymoody, I'm right there with you in my tin hat. I think moving is a legit possibility.
If Dan doesn't breathe on Phils birthday I will accept that he is dead and Phil has killed him to take over dinof.
No but seriously, I can't even imagine the phandom reaction if he doesn't do SOMETHING.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
noodlebum wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm What do we think about them denying they're moving in their last liveshow? I wasn't around last time they moved, did they outright deny it at all beforehand?
To me it felt more telling their prolonged silence right after the no than anything else.

I don't think they outright denied it last time, but they also spent weeks planting the seed of moving and dropped the news right after they moved. This time the phandom has been on the lookout for them moving since the very beginning.

I mean, it isn't even a lie per se - they weren't moving in the last liveshow, since they clearly still (apparently) live there. But I'm still on my "they're moving soon" hill, still looking out, enjoying the view, welcoming anyone that wants to join because I've got cookies and booze and warm blankets. :bedtime:
That's where I'm at with the moving theories. I am not ruling it out because those fuckers live on technicality lines. I think that they'd unequivocally say "No, we're not moving." if they weren't moving... that month. If they're moving two months later? Well, doesn't count, that's two months later.
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:45 pm
liola wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

That's where I'm at with the moving theories. I am not ruling it out because those fuckers live on technicality lines. I think that they'd unequivocally say "No, we're not moving." if they weren't moving... that month. If they're moving two months later? Well, doesn't count, that's two months later.
They did say it really weirdly, with the sort of quiet staring after :lol: Ah well, time will well. It is all rather fishy.
Birdie
blobfish

Them denying it is the only reason I don't think they're moving but if they "lied" about it to keep people from bothering them about it, I'd get it. My money is on the two flat theory though. If they did give up the filming flat they'd have to move stuff about a lot to fit the things from the filming flat into the living flat. If that's the case the living flat is probably chaos right now and they might not want people to see. (I'm usually wrong af about stuff like this though so since I'm thinking they're not moving, they probably are.)
noodlebum
flower crown

Katka wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 pm
Them denying it is the only reason I don't think they're moving but if they "lied" about it to keep people from bothering them about it, I'd get it. My money is on the two flat theory though. If they did give up the filming flat they'd have to move stuff about a lot to fit the things from the filming flat into the living flat. If that's the case the living flat is probably chaos right now and they might not want people to see. (I'm usually wrong af about stuff like this though so since I'm thinking they're not moving, they probably are.)
Very true, it could just because of the mess from combining the two, good shout :P
kavat
pastel persona

Last time they dropped hints for quite a while (they were complaining about storage for months, the kitchen was empty, Dan talked about changing his background, that last ls in his room with literally nothing in it), but they didn't mention it until the moving video was posted. If someone was asking about it in chats they ignored it, but honestly it didn't feel like a that widespread theory (to me at least). But when they talked about changing backgrounds in the last ls of 2018, people immediately connected it to moving and started to spam the chat so they kind of had to say something for it to not be so obvious that they were ignoring it.

I'm also joining you on that hill. I'll bring popcorn.
Ablissa
pastel persona

kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:49 pm Last time they dropped hints for quite a while (they were complaining about storage for months, the kitchen was empty, Dan talked about changing his background, that last ls in his room with literally nothing in it), but they didn't mention it until the moving video was posted. If someone was asking about it in chats they ignored it, but honestly it didn't feel like a that widespread theory (to me at least). But when they talked about changing backgrounds in the last ls of 2018, people immediately connected it to moving and started to spam the chat so they kind of had to say something for it to not be so obvious that they were ignoring it.

I'm also joining you on that hill. I'll bring popcorn.
I agree. Them denying it doesn't mean anything, and the way they denied it didn't convince me at all. Bring loads of popcorn, there are many of us here on that hill already. :tinfoil:
This got me thinking about all the things they already complained about/mentioned in relation to this flat(s).

- bad internet (loads of times)
- their neighbor complained about them? - am I wrong
- having to soundproof the gaming channel (which doesn't matter right now, sigh)
- wanting to change up their backgrounds (something which they also said in the old flat prior to moving)
- temperature in the summer - I vividly recall some complaints, even though this flat was meant to have AC

What else did they complain about? I feel like there was loads more, but my mind is drawing a blank.
kavat
pastel persona

At least he's alive.
liola
rankussy

kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:45 pm At least he's alive.
Is he really? Or is this a drafted tweet Phil is tweeting to cover that he has indeed killed him I won't believe it until we'll see a pic of Dan in 2019
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

liola wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm
kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:45 pm At least he's alive.
Is he really? Or is this a drafted tweet Phil is tweeting to cover that he has indeed killed him I won't believe it until we'll see a pic of Dan in 2019
You are completely right, that's a strong possibility.
Tour sounds like they're going north again? Or he might just mean tour to see all their friends at different occasions.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

What is he on about with the montage thing?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm
The training montage is the part in a movie where inspiring music starts playing and you see the main character training and improving, basically the progress of weeks compressed into a minute. Think Rocky or Mulan (I'll make a man out of you).

I've been trying to come up with a good new thread title, but the stubborn side in me just wants to keep this one and add one more question mark. Now what? Now what?? Now what???
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

kavat wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Tour sounds like they're going north again? Or he might just mean tour to see all their friends at different occasions.

I was wondering if/when they were heading to the IOM. Perhaps we may even get more joint selfies! Gotta love how the north seems to make them post a bit more!

I said this on tumblr, but I wanna put it on here too (speak it into existence and all that). I had the thought of a Phil’s birthday cake baking video and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Obviously, it’s almost guaranteed not to happen and Phil just posted a vid, but CAN YOU IMAGINE. Ugh ok sorry, I just miss them and baking. :love2:

I shall now climb back up on the “they’re moving” hill with the rest of you. Still plenty of warm blankets? :bedtime:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I hope Phil will get to wear a crown for his royal tour, like the King he is.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they will see their friends on different occasions and that the Lesters will go to London just like they did last year, since dnp both went to IOM quite recently.
fieldoflovers
living flop

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:17 pm I said this on tumblr, but I wanna put it on here too (speak it into existence and all that). I had the thought of a Phil’s birthday cake baking video and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Obviously, it’s almost guaranteed not to happen and Phil just posted a vid, but CAN YOU IMAGINE. Ugh ok sorry, I just miss them and baking. :love2:
I would love it, and I hope if not that we get a different but equally funny thing this birthday as "show me ur philussy".

I hope Phil has a really good birthday and doesn't feel too much pressure to be active online if he doesn't want to(i just want a cake photo tbh)
Ataraxia25
flower crown

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:10 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm
The training montage is the part in a movie where inspiring music starts playing and you see the main character training and improving, basically the progress of weeks compressed into a minute. Think Rocky or Mulan (I'll make a man out of you).

I've been trying to come up with a good new thread title, but the stubborn side in me just wants to keep this one and add one more question mark. Now what? Now what?? Now what???
oh it's really just that? Because i had figured that out from his insta story but because he is still talking about it, i thought there was more, you know? But no, haha, thank you!