Dan & Phil Part 81: Now what?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Now my only wish is that we skip the 'omg where is dan, is dan home, i think they aren't together' and Dan do something to somehow confirm his whereabouts.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok so while Dan is still unaccounted for, who wants to start some #phandivorce drama with me on social media? :ribena:

In all seriousness, I hope IoM blesses us with some wholesome birthday couple selfies or something.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm Maybe they're going to Japan. That would be even better :ribena:
Nah that’s a little propelly plane.
rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:14 pm Dan did mention the royal tour, after all, so of course he's with Phil.

I personally think that tour should be IoM followed by cute romantic vacation on undisclosed sunny island, but unfortunately they won't hire me as their travel agent.
But they are welcome to make Japan part of the tour too. Just don’t come back until the forever home is finished boys!
Ablissa
pastel persona

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 pm
Ablissa wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm Maybe they're going to Japan. That would be even better :ribena:
That wasn't known at the time of my post, so... my dreams were valid for about an hour or however long that was :lol:
I do think Japhan 2.0 is a possibility, but maybe in the spring? And like many others, I really hope Dan will confirm going to IoM now too, because I'm getting tired of the antis.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

oh dw wasnt being too serious just thought id chip in for the first time in a while havent kept up to date with stuff here so

hoWEVER the starkly pessimistic side of me thats in control rn also thinks that this particular moment in time IS unique, bc the world is also facing imminent ecological collapse that cant be neatly placed into cycles of social change and the relentless tide of progress (which imo is quite an idealistic concept anyway but hey ho)

not trying to be dour n cynical just think (kiddy pool) deep convos like this are interesting and show a different side to this whole section of the internet than you usually get to see ygm
hello9217
flower crown

Catallena wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Ok so while Dan is still unaccounted for, who wants to start some #phandivorce drama with me on social media? :ribena:

In all seriousness, I hope IoM blesses us with some wholesome birthday couple selfies or something.
You joke but I’ve already seen people speculating that the reason dan is so quiet is because him and phil no longer live together
autumnhearth
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 pm
That wasn't known at the time of my post, so... my dreams were valid for about an hour or however long that was :lol:
I do think Japhan 2.0 is a possibility, but maybe in the spring? And like many others, I really hope Dan will confirm going to IoM now too, because I'm getting tired of the antis.
Your dreams are always valid! Soz.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm
Catallena wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Ok so while Dan is still unaccounted for, who wants to start some #phandivorce drama with me on social media? :ribena:

You joke but I’ve already seen people speculating that the reason dan is so quiet is because him and phil no longer live together
Tell me this is not true. Are they saying this with are they consider "proof" or just stating their feelings ?
:gayaf:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:49 pm
hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm You joke but I’ve already seen people speculating that the reason dan is so quiet is because him and phil no longer live together
Tell me this is not true. Are they saying this with are they consider "proof" or just stating their feelings ?
I saw similar posts too, but the ones I saw were all out of fear, like "i feel like they don't live together anymore :(" and things like that.

And I've already seen people asking "where's dan now" and "what if he didn't go with Phil", by the way. :help:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay Cornelia, we need your ig story game to be strong over the next few days.
liola
rankussy

Please Queen Cornelia you're our last hope
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Elemancy
butt chair

cherrybomb3 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:09 pm oh dw wasnt being too serious just thought id chip in for the first time in a while havent kept up to date with stuff here so

hoWEVER the starkly pessimistic side of me thats in control rn also thinks that this particular moment in time IS unique, bc the world is also facing imminent ecological collapse that cant be neatly placed into cycles of social change and the relentless tide of progress (which imo is quite an idealistic concept anyway but hey ho)

not trying to be dour n cynical just think (kiddy pool) deep convos like this are interesting and show a different side to this whole section of the internet than you usually get to see ygm

I mean sure, maybe it's a too idealistic approach. I recently had a dream where I was Leon Kennedy from first person perspective desperately trying to pet one of the ravenous dogs in RE2 and I may be facing the very real threat of hearing loss in the future after blasting ‘High Hopes’ in my headphones while waiting at my oncologist’s office to distract myself, so that gives you some insight as to how my subconscious tries to internalize my world experiences, but idealistic concepts are all we have. The alternative would be to say F- it and sit back and watch the world burn in grumbled undertones of discontent. That's what I mean about how much more complex situations and people are. There's nothing neat about it, but that doesn't mean there isn't a stated ebb and flow of cyclical progress happening either. Ecological collapse as a consequence of human influence is true and real and unique to our current moment in time as you said, but it's also a byproduct of social change as our relationship within communities and with ourselves evolves to adapt to fluctuations in energy and consumer consumption, which in turn places the issue within the boundaries of possibility to counteract as we shift perspectives to realize and respond to the detrimental impact of industrialized and individual actions. Again, all of it a state of progress subject to a flow of new information more widely available and accepted than before.
But that's probably (definitely) me being idealistic again.

I just can’t ascribe to the prescriptivist type of philosophic rhetoric that proposes breaking concepts down into rigid absolutes with no room for recourse or alternative perspectives and sensory data other than self wanking fatalism despite all best efforts to appear otherwise. (-and I don't mean you- just in general when I see these discussions happening)
It’s why I avoid debates like that because it sounds like a circular argument with no true momentum of viable action behind it.
On that note, though like you said, the 'wading pool' of deep convos are interesting, I don’t know that it’s necessary for this side of the internet to put on the philosophy 101 hat to prove itself capable of variation or demonstrate a measure of depth beyond whatever surface discussions are happening right now. And it’s honestly a nice change of pace to hear a segment of the conversation focus on more realistic/hopeful hypotheticals and discussions about the future rather than predicting the imminent degradation of environments, whether ecological or societal. Which is itself a whole other valid topic of conversation different than the insulated one happening here as it applies to the boys and to us.

I don’t know CherryB, at some point in the month I’ll probably join you on that pessimistic porch swing waiting for the nuclear mushroom cloud to appear on the horizon, but for now Phil is returning to his homeworld up north and IOM IG stories and pics are imminent. I am all about that hype. Let the royal tour commence.
:dildo:
rikonee
drama llama

Omg, the site's new look is so cute! <3
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
fieldoflovers
living flop

Wow loving the new banner its amazing!!! :heart:

now who's ready to be on edge for the next 24 hours waiting for a dan tweet?
forforever
smol bean

I'm procrastinating on work and was looking up Phil on google because I couldn't remember if his birthday was tomorrow (1/30) or the day after. Anyways, I saw on his wikipedia page that he is (or was) the Guinness world record holder for fastest coin stacking. How have I gone 3 years as a fan without ever hearing this fact or seeing this video:

Also . . . their hair.
lionandllama
squish

forforever wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 am I'm procrastinating on work and was looking up Phil on google because I couldn't remember if his birthday was tomorrow (1/30) or the day after. Anyways, I saw on his wikipedia page that he is (or was) the Guinness world record holder for fastest coin stacking. How have I gone 3 years as a fan without ever hearing this fact or seeing this video:

Also . . . their hair.
I‘m having flashbacks. The square hair was one of the first phandom memes I lived through. What a time to be alive. Can’t believe Phil’s turning 32 today, it makes me very aware of my own inevitable, unstoppable march towards death. I was 20 when I started watching Dan and Phil, feels like I was an entirely different person then. Well, I really was. Which also reminds me of how Dan must feel at all times, he deletes his old videos for the same reasons I deleted my old Tumblr posts. lol

I’m crossing my fingers for cute IoM insta stories and selfies, I beg ye, dnp.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Browsing the VidCon London site, found Mike Cook’s page (he’s on a panel about contract law, such fun) -

https://vidconlondon.com/people/10174/m ... -the-fray/

The last bit about ATF -

“And in 2018 Fleur and Mike launched their own, fully independent talent management company, Above The Fray, which is building on its talent management services, to produce further international live touring shows and gaming events into 2020 and beyond.”

Who knows if that’s more than hopes yet.
kavat
pastel persona

flarequake wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:06 am Browsing the VidCon London site, found Mike Cook’s page (he’s on a panel about contract law, such fun) -

The last bit about ATF -

“And in 2018 Fleur and Mike launched their own, fully independent talent management company, Above The Fray, which is building on its talent management services, to produce further international live touring shows and gaming events into 2020 and beyond.”

That's interesting. Of course it could be one of the other talents that's going on tour, or they're just organizing for someone not in their roster, who knows. But with "gaming events", is anyone else from AtF a gamer? I only watch Charlie so I don't know.
Ablissa
pastel persona

flarequake wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:06 am Browsing the VidCon London site, found Mike Cook’s page (he’s on a panel about contract law, such fun) -

The last bit about ATF -

Interesting. I was procrastinating recently, and went through all the people that they manage. Several of them have dead channels and haven't uploaded in quite some time. Some are really small channels that get like 1-5k views per video.
There are a few active ones, but they're definitely not big enough to warrant a tour of any sort. I can't recall any gamers, but I might just be sleepy.
I was actually rather surprised that D&P are with them, because they are MILES above all the other signed talent. It must be quite nice for them though.

So...
1) This is just hopes
2) If it's more than just hopes, it probably involves D&P or...
3) They're signing someone new that might have something to do it?

Aside from that... anxiously awaiting all the Phil birthday stuff. Come on Dan, pull through. Give us a nice tweet. GIVE US A F//KING JOINT SELFIE, please.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

They lost half their clients when they changed from FlipSide, they had TomSka, Doug Armstrong, Niki and Sammy, Grace and Amelia Mandeville, Mikey Pearce and Lucy Wood, according to my memory and this https://www.tubefilter.com/2017/11/27/e ... lent-firm/

Maybe the new focus made ATF no longer the best fit for them, though we don’t really have a clue :roll: VidCon will be one place they’ll be looking for new clients, I guess we wait and see.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Ablissa wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:01 am

The last bit about ATF -

Interesting. I was procrastinating recently, and went through all the people that they manage. Several of them have dead channels and haven't uploaded in quite some time. Some are really small channels that get like 1-5k views per video.
There are a few active ones, but they're definitely not big enough to warrant a tour of any sort. I can't recall any gamers, but I might just be sleepy.
I was actually rather surprised that D&P are with them, because they are MILES above all the other signed talent. It must be quite nice for them though.

So...
1) This is just hopes
2) If it's more than just hopes, it probably involves D&P or...
3) They're signing someone new that might have something to do it?

Aside from that... anxiously awaiting all the Phil birthday stuff. Come on Dan, pull through. Give us a nice tweet. GIVE US A F//KING JOINT SELFIE, please.
It all depends what they want from their management. You'd want someone to fight for you and put you first. As long asyou or your management have good relationships with brands/media its probably better to be the big fish in a small pond. Especially if they don't want to 'famous' to the general public.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

I'm sick at home and bored and feel like this :waiting: :waiting: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I was suddenly struck by a flashback of last year and how late it was before Dan posted anything and how ANGRY some people were that it took so long and I really hope that ig stories come in handy and we get enough crumbs today to keep people from being too antsy if, like last year, it's late because Dan waits until after the birthday activities are done.
Ablissa
pastel persona

@lilabet yeah, that's a good point! They are by far the biggest youtubers ATF manages, so I'm sure they get a lot of care and attention.

While we're on a similar subject, I watched an interesting video by Caspar Lee:
He talks about his various other sources of income and business ventures. He now has 2? companies, invested in property, some sort of water, made a clothing line etc.

This made me think about Dan and Phil. Do you think they also made any investments and explored different ways to make money? I feel like they'd be stupid not to at this point, but it's interesting to compare what Caspar is doing and imagine what D&P might do too.