Grace Helbig

kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I think she deserves her own thread so I'm gonna make it.

I just watched her latest video, Our first date story. It's an amazon spon but it's really funny and I really like her and Brooks together. They have a similar sense of humor (Brooks is maybe slightly more bitter) and I just like how he always makes her laugh.
I also think it's interesting how they've decided to be open about their relationship, compared how she handled her relationship with Chester See. They didn't mention their relationship in videos but if you followed them on snapchat it was clear that they lived together. I don't think they confirmed it until it was over, with this amazing trolly video:
I just hink it's interesting how these semi public figures handle their private life (I mean obvs, this is a dnp forum after all ;) ). I also find it funny how both Hannah and Mamrie had non confirmed relationships before but now are public about their significant others.

Anyway, I love Grace and this new video plus her New year new me video are some of the best she's done in a while.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Lmao I'd never seen that Chester See one. That's hilarious.

And on the topic of her first date story video with her current boyfriend - I actually almost came to post this after I watched it yesterday and then forgot! Because I was reading the comments, and most of them were talking about they were surprised about how open Grace was being because she was always so hush hush about her relationships and private life in the past (and okay, obvs this was a spon video and she was getting paid a lot of money in exchange for this, but still.)

It just made me think about deppy in comparison. They are also very private people. And most people (me included) think they will only get more private, or stay at their current level of private, as the years go on. But Grace's video had me thinking that that could easily change. I mean, we probably will never get personal details of deppy's life (e.g. confirmation of relationship, etc), but that doesn't mean that we definitely won't. People change, and their boundaries change over time.
kavat
pastel persona

Yes definitely. It was actually seeing how everyone (who followed them closely) was pretty on board with Grace and Chester being a couple even if it wasn't confirmed publicly that made me realize that yeah, if deppy was a man and a woman it would be so clear that they were a couple, both to me and the world. It wouldn't even need confirmation, it would just be a fact. The heteronorm is just that strong.

Oh, I just remembered this (also veeery trolly video) they did a few months before they broke up. They had great chemistry.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Fuck that was amazing. I've always liked Grace, but I love her even more now. I need to watch more of her videos
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I know this is Grace's thread and I love her but:
kavat wrote:if deppy was a man and a woman it would be so clear that they were a couple, both to me and the world. It wouldn't even need confirmation, it would just be a fact. The heteronorm is just that strong.
Can we please not. People have millions of reasons for not believing they're together and loads of these people are lgbtq themselves and/or educated about heteronormativity. It's not the only reason why people might not think deppy are a couple and implying everyone who doesn't ship it is thinking too heteronormatively(or even homophobic) is so rude. I'm sorry for hijacking Grace's thread to say this but stuff like this upsets me, sorry.
kavat
pastel persona

Katka wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm I know this is Grace's thread and I love her but:
kavat wrote:if deppy was a man and a woman it would be so clear that they were a couple, both to me and the world. It wouldn't even need confirmation, it would just be a fact. The heteronorm is just that strong.
Can we please not. People have millions of reasons for not believing they're together and loads of these people are lgbtq themselves and/or educated about heteronormativity. It's not the only reason why people might not think deppy are a couple and implying everyone who doesn't ship it is thinking too heteronormatively(or even homophobic) is so rude. I'm sorry for hijacking Grace's thread to say this but stuff like this upsets me, sorry.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry for wording it so badly. For me this was one of the things that made me see deppy's relationship in a different light. Everyone who knows of them probably have different views of the nature of their relationship and that's both fine and expected. I don't think that anyone should think of them in any way other than the way they want to.

I'm sorry that my comment made you uncomfortable, that was not my intent. What I meant to say was that it was an eye opener for me personally, and I've seen other mention similar thoughts. I don't mean that it's the right or only way to see the world.
fancybum
senpai

Can somebody else be excited with me about Grace and Elliott Morgan dating? Because it’s happening and I’m INTO IT.

(lol rip Brooks)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:17 pm Can somebody else be excited with me about Grace and Elliott Morgan dating? Because it’s happening and I’m INTO IT.

(lol rip Brooks)
Is it official??? Like I definitely think it's happening because he's ALL OVER her social media at this point, but it feels super fast and rebound-y, no?

I'm all for it though!
fancybum
senpai

I don’t actually remember how long ago her and Brooks broke up, but I refuse to think of Elliott Morgan as a rebound because they’re both PERFECT(ly imperfect) and they deserve happiness/each other. Clearly I’m not already overly invested in this at all.

And it’s official! Elliott talked about it on the last Valleycast. He said he had an intense conversation with ~somebody~ and now they’re dating (and that he puked out of happiness after the convo was over lmao).
kavat
pastel persona

Wow that has flown completely under my radar. I don't follow him or know much about him but I thought she might be seeing someone new by the was she's been talking on the TMGW podcast. Several times she's been "with a friend" and they almost always name their friends even if they're not public people, so I thought she might be dating again.

Good for them, from the little I've seen of him he seems like a good dude!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:32 pm And it’s official! Elliott talked about it on the last Valleycast. He said he had an intense conversation with ~somebody~ and now they’re dating (and that he puked out of happiness after the convo was over lmao).
OMG! That makes me so happy!! Good for her! Good for him! Much like @kavat I don't follow him very closely, but I know they'd been friends for a while.

Here I was a few months ago, guessing she and Chester were getting back together. I'm just glad the Brooks thing is over. I was happy for her happiness at the time, but he seemed really bitter about his career and it wasn't cute.
scientia
phabergé

Does anyone know what happened with Brooks? I didn't really keep up with their relationship.
kavat
pastel persona

scientia wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 am Does anyone know what happened with Brooks? I didn't really keep up with their relationship.
I don't think we know any details. There's a reddit thread with some speculations but I think that's about it.

I've been going back to watch old Grace/Elliot videos and yeah, they really do have great chemistry. And that was back when he was married. I hope we get new collabs because that would be great.
fancybum
senpai

rizzo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 pm I was happy for her happiness at the time, but he seemed really bitter about his career and it wasn't cute.
Same! He seemed like kind of a drag but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because she seemed really happy. But in her videos he just seemed really not into it and even dismissive of YT in a not-jokey way (so.. dismissive of her job) which is bad vibes to me.

Elliott talks about the dating somebody thing starting around 23:20 in this (lol warning for puke talk as well though):
Him being so clearly excited and happy to be with her, ugh :love2:
kavat wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:59 am I've been going back to watch old Grace/Elliot videos and yeah, they really do have great chemistry. And that was back when he was married. I hope we get new collabs because that would be great.
I 100% expect her to show up on the Valleyfolk at some point. They’ve hung out at the office a few times (after hours) and the other guys all love her, so I think it’s just a matter of time.

I’m curious if he’d be into doing coupley vids on her channel though, like she did with Brooks (or if she’d be into being that open again?). Ugh their humour just matches so well, I don’t care what they do, anything would be good.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I read these posts last night at like 4 am and then fell back asleep and dreamed about cuddling Grace Helbig except she was a little too bony and also for some reason @jesp was there.

But actually on topic: I kind of love she and Elliot as a couple already?? They do have good chemistry - I remember laughing over their Jenga video, idk why that one stands out but it does. I hope they do make content or at least podcast together more, I think they just have a really friendly, compatible vibe that translates well to camera. I'd love to see them with the added chemistry of dating.
kavat
pastel persona

I just really love Friends to Lovers, man. I wish them all the best.
kavat
pastel persona

How cute is this :happytears:
fancybum
senpai

I love it so much :love2:

He talked about her a bit on the last Fundamentalists podcast (44 - A Neurotics Guide to Perversion):

(after mentioning a Jez quote from Peep Show: "I don't want to tempt fate, but I think everything is going to be totally great forever."):
12:44 "I don't want to say anything, but I actually had that thought when I was in Palm Springs with Grace, and I wasn't with her, I was just in the bathroom, and we were having a great time and I was using the restroom and I looked at myself in the mirror like, "Wait. Do I just get to be happy now? And then I was like 'ah, nah, it's coming, it's coming. I'm waiting with bated breath'. But anyway."
-He's just! so! happy!

18:10 "As the type of person with followers-I also have been that for 6 years now-and when it comes to the commodification of my pastimes, I have stopped giving a shit. And I happen to be with someone who I think also doesn't give a shit. And now it's like if--it's a double-edged sword too because I don't want to be the person who hides things either, and then when I show them, of course there's a bunch of comments and that part's cool for like a second, but then it's very like 'ok, let's shut the door', but there's no... I don't know what the balance is there. It's like an impulse to be like, 'this is fun! let me show people!' and then there's another impulse that's like, 'no!' There's no win, really."

(not about Grace but still interesting):
34:55 "I feel like my friendships with the other Folks have grown exponentially since commodifying it, so I can't-- We weren't all hanging out all the time before the Valleyfolk happened. We would see each other every now and then, it'd be different relationships with everybody. And now it's like a very good time, but it's also-- I don't think that time of closeness would have happened without the commodification."
fancybum
senpai

Their parade of adorableness continues :happytears:
kavat
pastel persona

They're so damn cute I can't handle it :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so ready for them to feature on a podcast together, I'm not picky which one. I'm just in love with their ig story presence and want an hour of that to bite down on.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm I'm so ready for them to feature on a podcast together, I'm not picky which one. I'm just in love with their ig story presence and want an hour of that to bite down on.
:stan:
fancybum
senpai

Sorry for the double post but ugh, this is truly the only positive thing going on on the internet right now (okay maybe not the only, but I just love this a lot)

Steve is all of us :lol:

(oh and I remembered to take my excitement about the podcast down a couple notches because she usually stockpiles some before posting, so it may be awhile before we can hear/see it)
kavat
pastel persona

I'm so glad they keep giving us this cute romantic shit right now. I can't get enough. :happytears:
kavat
pastel persona

I'm just putting these here because they make me smile. :sunshine: