Dan & Phil Part 82: now onto the future

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I am really enjoying that the content drought has led me to learn about regional variations on anise-flavor opinions.

(I'm on the side of licorice anything but I don't like chocolate so you can hate me for that.)

ETA: oh no this trash post is on the top of the page. I would attach some recent content from DNP to jazz it up but there's none.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

#showerthought: if phil ate those flower petals and he is a ~plant boy~... is that cannibalism?

i'll see myself out.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Day 44. We're really descending into madness now.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Catallena wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 am I'm Dutch and we're known for charging tourists double for cheese and then traumatizing them with licorice. I can forgive Phil's cheesephobia if he likes licorice. Maybe it's his taste palette protecting him from his previously undiagnosed coeliac. :shrug:

Fucking love me some licorice. Though it can stay the hell away from ice cream imo.
You win. I laughed so much.

Maybe the discourse "What's best? Cheese or liquorice?" will be the biggest argument on this forum, and not whether dnp are together or not.
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

I can't believe the phandom has divided into team-cheese and team-licorice, all because of our evil King Amazing.

I love cheese even if it hates me and my severe lactose intolerance, but sometimes love hurts. Meanwhile I've tried giving licorice a try for many years (particularly for the tasty cocktails.. don't shame me) and I'd rather gauge my eyes out and monch on them thankiuverymuch

Please dan and phil save us
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

So this is what we've come to, one (1) instastory and we spend a page and a half talking about liquorice and cheese. Both of which are delicious and makes life worth living.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I fear for the day Phil makes an insta story about pineapple on pizza. The depth of the bants on here might make the universe implode.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Shall I just cast the first pebble, then, and say I happen to like pineapple on pizza. Tend to go for sweetcorn, though, maybe tuna if I’m feeling fancy, but no shade to pineapple. What’s a fandom community if it can’t entertain itself at quiet times. Food prefs discussion ftw.
rikonee
drama llama

Pineapple on pizza? No, ma'am.

Tuna is an absolute yes, tho. Beef and chicken are okay. I've only eaten a shrimp pizza once in my entire life and I can say it's the best freaking thing I ate that year.

Also fun fact: While we are on the subject of food, I don't get the whole waffle vs pancake vs toast thing. My Asian ass who eats rice everyday can't relate. :shrug:
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
kavat
pastel persona

flarequake wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am Shall I just cast the first pebble, then, and say I happen to like pineapple on pizza. Tend to go for sweetcorn, though, maybe tuna if I’m feeling fancy, but no shade to pineapple. What’s a fandom community if it can’t entertain itself at quiet times. Food prefs discussion ftw.
I'm with you. Salty and sweet is a classic combination. As long as you don't go overboard with the pineapple, it's really good.

Where I'm from we have a pizza with chicken, peanuts, curry powder and banana. I feel like that's more controversial.
liola
rankussy

I'm gonna go all stereotypical snobby italian who is also mildly allergic to pineapple and say pineapple pizza is a disgrace upon humanity and the fine art of pizza making and there is no other opinion that I shall accept.

Thankfully, Phil, being the man after my heart, at least know where he has to draw a line and doesn't like pineapple on pizza. However, Dan does, which just confirms the fact that being a Phillie is the right way for me.

EDIT: Tuna is okay but I just remembered traditional swedish pizza and I'm now rocking back and forward on my office floor

Stakhanov
haru pillow

Cover thine eyes Liola, for I must bring you sad news. This weekend as I strolled around the city I came upon an establishment that offered pear and blue cheese as a pizza topping. As a Dannie, I to like to fuse the power of delicious fruit with the rich and salty taste of organically produced cheese. I quite enjoyed the taste of the pizza and support many diverse pizza toppings. Except for "pizza Nutella" which is wrong and an offense to God, obviously.

Society keeps saying we don't belong together, but pizza on pineapple is just love and there will always be room in my mouth for pure love.
Last edited by Stakhanov on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Right, let's join the party.

I'm going to drop a bomb and say that I don't even eat pizza. Outrageous, isn't it? I have the misfortune of being allergic to tomatoes so my "pizze" are just cooked pizza dough with rosemary and honey. It's a lot better than it sounds, I promise.
IMHO if you put too many things on pizza, it doesn't even look like pizza anymore. When I watched Dan and Phil's mukbang, I was quite surprised at the kind of pizza they were eating. It didn't seem very appealing, but at least I focused better on what they were saying. A charming video, that one.

And we're back to Dan and Phil. It wasn't even my intention. :sorry:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

You're an absolute mad lad (or chick, or formless blob, or whatever you want to be) but yea that does sound nice actually. The quality of the pizza really is in the crispness of the crust imo. Have your tried using a base of sour cream and maybe adding some buffalo mozzarella? It's simple, but delicious.

The pizza mukbang was the best video of the year and the only one where I felt they were doing something new. But I agree that the pizza looked horrible. Greasy, with the typical carboard-like doughy crust and even partly underbaked/cold?? It represented everything that's wrong with chain pizza but that's kinda what you would expect to become a cherished tradition by two delivery food loving, homely and tired rats that are looking for a quick food fix with minimum social interaction with outsiders. FFs they argue about who 'must' open the door and face The Other. They're to relatable.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Catallena wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 am I'm Dutch and we're known for charging tourists double for cheese and then traumatizing them with licorice. I can forgive Phil's cheesephobia if he likes licorice. Maybe it's his taste palette protecting him from his previously undiagnosed coeliac. :shrug:

Fucking love me some licorice. Though it can stay the hell away from ice cream imo.
And then there's Norway where licorice comes salted. But tbh, everything comes salted, thanks, I hate it. Then again, there's also brunost and though I love it, it's the only cheese anyone is allowed to hate because it's weird af, I don't even think it's really cheese, we just say it is. (Norway is also the nation that puts kjøttboller on pizza and that's an even worse idea than pineapple, it's so weird.)
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

A bit off topic (but while we’re on it- spinach and black olives are top tier toppings y’all can fight me with your gross ass pineapple)

but a post came on my Instagram explore page that made my eyes roll. Someone’s posting all of Dan's customer service blog answers and tagging him directly which of course started a shit storm for new people who didn’t know about the blog.

The thing is, we all know about it and they are archived, but my god don’t post them somewhere that public and TAG him!?! I know they don’t really check IG as much, but still. I guess we’re just at that stage during the hiatus where people are antsy and digging up old shit. Ugh it just me a “here we go again” feeling (not that it ever really stopped I guess?)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'll join liola on being a stereotypical snobby italian and say that pineapple on pizza is an abomination but I will also add that I think pineapple is an abomination in general, so... there you go. That's my hot take for today.

@thestigdrivesamini instagram is a disgrace, every now and then i see people tagging them in screenshots from the vday video, so they clearly have no shame or common sense whatsoever.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

Omg brunost is amazing! I wish we had more varieties of it here! The stranger the cheese the better (though not stinky or moldy). And I can’t believe Phil won’t eat his namesake Red Leicester, those little crystallized sweet bits are delicious. We have a brand called Red Fox here and tasting it was a revelation. I still thinks Phil overreacts for the camera, like you didn’t even smell that right under your nose until Dan mentioned it.

The restaurant they went to was Scandinavian inspired and the menu had me salivating (except for a few blood based appetizers) like yes I absolutely would like venison with lingonberries and juniper and duck breast with rowan and don’t forget the pickled herring! Give me fennel, give me sorrel, give me frickin angelica I’m American and deprived!

I mean balls of meat on pizza don’t sound out of place, it just depends how big they are, do they have their own sauce? Pineapple and pickled banana pepper is my go to topping, it was even better cold the morning after my birthday parties in high school, I converted all my friends. My fave toppings though are potato, caramelized onion and broccoli. I once had a deep dish cheesey potato pie that called itself pizza and it was godly. Never heard of tuna on pizza, what consistency are we talking about? The only fish topping they offer around here is anchovies, never had a desire to try.

Mods please don’t tell us we’re off topic, no content = no topic, except taste buds!
liola
rankussy

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm Omg brunost is amazing! I wish we had more varieties of it here! The stranger the cheese the better (though not stinky or moldy). And I can’t believe Phil won’t eat his namesake Red Leicester, those little crystallized sweet bits are delicious. We have a brand called Red Fox here and tasting it was a revelation. I still thinks Phil overreacts for the camera, like you didn’t even smell that right under your nose until Dan mentioned it.

The restaurant they went to was Scandinavian inspired and the menu had me salivating (except for a few blood based appetizers) like yes I absolutely would like venison with lingonberries and juniper and duck breast with rowan and don’t forget the pickled herring! Give me fennel, give me sorrel, give me frickin angelica I’m American and deprived!

I mean balls of meat on pizza don’t sound out of place, it just depends how big they are, do they have their own sauce? Pineapple and pickled banana pepper is my go to topping, it was even better cold the morning after my birthday parties in high school, I converted all my friends. My fave toppings though are potato, caramelized onion and broccoli. I once had a deep dish cheesey potato pie that called itself pizza and it was godly. Never heard of tuna on pizza, what consistency are we talking about? The only fish topping they offer around here is anchovies, never had a desire to try.

Mods please don’t tell us we’re off topic, no content = no topic, except taste buds!
You can't see me but I just placed a hand on my chest and gasped out loud reading pineapple and pickled bana pepper.

As of tuna, one of the most common (and loved) traditional toppings is tuna(usually canned) and onions. And I love anchovies on pizza, you should definitely try them on top of traditional margherita.

This is definitely off-topic but is it really? Isn't food one of their main interests?

waveydnp
drama llama

i don’t understand why pineapple on pizza is the one thing people get so damn pressed about. like.. it’s good. some people really like it. it doesn’t mean someone who doesn’t like it has to like it. can y’all just let us pineapple pizza lovers live our truth?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

*looking back and forth from the state of this thread to the mod thingy under my name*

Meh. It's fine. Food is a needed for life, and Dan and Phil ARE life, so this is totally on topic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You kinda get over pineapple pizza (which I do like sue me) if you live in a country where Domino's gets the not so brilliant idea of putting the national dish of potatoes mashed with kale and Dutch smoked sausage on it. That's insulting to two cultures.
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm A bit off topic (but while we’re on it- spinach and black olives are top tier toppings y’all can fight me with your gross ass pineapple)

but a post came on my Instagram explore page that made my eyes roll. Someone’s posting all of Dan's customer service blog answers and tagging him directly which of course started a shit storm for new people who didn’t know about the blog.

The thing is, we all know about it and they are archived, but my god don’t post them somewhere that public and TAG him!?! I know they don’t really check IG as much, but still. I guess we’re just at that stage during the hiatus where people are antsy and digging up old shit. Ugh it just me a “here we go again” feeling (not that it ever really stopped I guess?)
Yikes, I never get what supposed fans want to achieve by tagging them in things like that. There's always someone trying this, but you're right that with the hiatus it's probably more severe :(

(also olives are gross)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Stakhanov
haru pillow

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm A bit off topic (but while we’re on it- spinach and black olives are top tier toppings y’all can fight me with your gross ass pineapple)

K to bring back a topic
I guess, much like food, it's a matter of tastes and perspective. I think Dan made the customer service blog for a reason and only deleted it because part of the fandom reacted very negatively to it and started calling his replies "defensive" or even "homophobic". I suspect he made a pragmatic choice there, realizing you can't estrange part of your audience if you want to grow and foster it.
But I also think he meant what he said and was only pressured into silence. The customer service blog isn't an isolated fact, he denied phan explicitly all throughout 2012 and well into 2013. They still always present themselves as best friends, I think they just gave up on trying to convince people who clearly didn't want to believe them anyway.
By consequence, I don't find it wrong at all to post his answers as they are still very relevant. I find it a lot more invasive or cringe when people share pictures from private activities, or wait them up at airports, or check listings of real estate agents to find out where they live.
waveydnp
drama llama

i think dan deleted the customer service blog because he realized it was vile
waveydnp
drama llama

and yeah, it was definitely homophobic, no quotation marks necessary
glitterintheair
phillluminati

If someone posted a screenshot of one of the many ignorant, stupid things I had written on social media years ago and try to say those words are still relevant to this day, I'm pretty sure I'd pass out.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.