Dan & Phil Part 82: now onto the future

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
waveydnp
drama llama

i don’t judge people’s feelings, i just tell them if they’re experiencing anything remotely less than complete satisfaction to “get over it and move on.” sure, makes sense
black_rat
squish
Pronouns: she/her

Sorry that this is off-topic, but since we are on the topic of giving live advice, based on individual experience I also wanted to add to the discussion:
flarequake wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:03 pm I don't know that anyone really wants to sit and wallow in their sadness etc, though that is sometimes easier than pulling yourself out of it.
I really dislike the idea that negative feelings should be gotten rid of immediately, and that they are not worth experiencing. Just because an emotion doesn't feel particularly nice, doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a purpose, that isn't "unproductive" or unhealthy. Accepting emotions is also important.

Phil's video: hoping he uploads today, thinking he does tomorrow or the day after.

Does anyone know how much time he has to provide for the person who transcribes his videos?
intoapuddle
spork

sorry this is off topic but i was rewatching google feud and:

"context": phil guesses a cannibalistic answer, dan says "really? are you joking" and phil goes "i'm not joking", proceeds to bite his hand, while they have that^ intense eye contact. then it cuts away.

why
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, @@flarequake
And for pointing out I said people “want” or “like” feeling bad, I should’ve said “find themselves”, or “tend to”.
I understand completely we all are at different stages in processing and working on ourselves and how we navigate life. Good luck with your own work, btw.
When I talk to people irl about this I see that most of us in our 30s and 40s sincerely appreciate advice and ideas that can help us be lighter and happier. And not magical thinking, but like you said proper introspective work. Given that I was being quite broad in what I said, I wasn’t expecting to have people be so defensive of feeling crap and closed off to considering that a slight point of view adjustment could make a world of difference in how we experience being dnp fans.
Maybe too naive? Wrong approach?
Emotions are too heightened from this silence? All of the above, probably.

Well. I’ll just go back to ocasionally pestering my (one!) old-school dnp watching irl buddy for silly gossip instead of posting, I think.

-
@waveydnp
Why are you so aggressive? If you want to truly discuss something start by not paraphrasing so freely, but quoting, instead.
And we all get over things constantly to live life, things much more important, painful and personal than fucking dan and phil.
Let’s keep it real personal: Your father dies unexpectedly (mine), at a certain point after much crying and sadness you tell yourself to stop feeling sorry for yourself and grieve WHILE you bathe, and cook, and go to work. Use it as fuel, embrace death, appreciate the little things.
Many of the members here tell dan and phil themselves to “get over” stuff and put in the work to give us content because “in real life jobs they wouldn’t last a day” despite being in a creative field which is a completely different occupation.
It’s not an insult or an attack to say, I hear you, we’ve talked about this many times, it sucks, yes. Is there something to be gained from continuing to talk and spiral into a pit of negativity, anxiety and sadness? Not really.
Well, we have no effect on dnp’s acrions, all we can do is maybe once we’ve expressed our disappointment try to shift from the topic or try a different perspective.
Is my father still dead? Yes. Have I been crying for the last 2 years nonstop? No. Could I have? Yes, but like I said earlier, I’ve worked hard to not indulge in shit feelings more than necessary. How much is necessary? Of course it differs for everybody, but if we’re 3 years or whatever into yet another cycle of whinging about stuff that will. not. Change. about dan and phil, I’m suggesting maybe it’s time to stop grieving or try to grieve pur expectations in a more positive, productive way. That’s all.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

I don't think it's ever helpful to give unsolicited emotional advice to strangers. And when that advice presents things that are really complex and difficult for a lot of people as simple and easy and "just move on," it feels dismissive and condescending. That's going to make people defensive, even if you're genuinely trying to be helpful. We're talking about a lot of different people with a lot of different feelings on this forum, and people are in very different places with their emotions. Some people need to let themselves feel their feelings, some people need to not think about it, some people need to vent, and I think we need to let people make those determinations for themselves, with their friends/families/therapists maybe, but not in public with strangers.

Of course, when we do actually "move on" to talking about things that are more interesting, we get drawn back into arguing about how people "should" handle their feelings.

I remember we went through a Cornelia-hospital thing months ago when she tweeted about "our" hospital, and I think it was largely concluded that it was just because it was NHS appreciation week and not reflective of active hospitalization, and new developments probably are completely independent of that, but it does make part of my brain reopen that can of questions.
Last edited by Templeofshame on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

HE UPLOADED
:gayaf:
intoapuddle
spork

Phil: Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan DAn dan
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooh, one birthday present mystery solved, very nice.
noodlebum
flower crown

Stag bedding
cringemonkey
drama llama

Phil seemed quite happy in his new video! I do enjoy his search history videos (he's done one before right? am i not just inventing that in my brain :? ) because it does lend itself to expanding onto anecdotes about his life which are always cute to hear.

Did anyone else notice he kept looking off to his right? Are we thinking Dan :tinfoil: or just a mirror/viewfinder or something? lol

I also really liked his end screen! I'm not sure if it's been that since the new year or if this is the first video he's used it but the corgi + colors + jazzy music are all a thumbs up for me :tu: I think it really shows that Phil is putting a lot of effort into his new content and seems quite happy to be doing it which makes me feel all warm inside for him <3

Side note: am i the only one who was reminded of this disturbing af scene from The Shining when Phil put the dog facemask on lmao: Image
and yes - i hate my brain for going there :shrug:
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

Good evening everyone,

I am aware that this is maybe not the best place to announce this, but I have decided to leave this forum. I have thought about it for a while now and here are my reasons.
When I initially joined, I simply wanted to interact with other fans, have fun watching Dan and Phil together and discuss their videos. As you can imagine, the situation of these past four weeks is not quite what I had in mind.

It seems to me that there has often been drama since I have come here. I did not pay attention to it at first and did my best in order to make this forum a nicer place. That is partly why I created the dream thread and the 'going slightly overboard thread'. Yet, new drama surfaced, which I found a little disappointing. I will not be sharing my opinion on this matter because it has already been discussed quite a bit, but also because I am slightly scared of what you may reply.

As a matter of fact, I have felt out of place and afraid to post since the beginning, which is why I hardly wrote on the main thread and spent my time on 'innocent' threads. The main thread has always put me off. We may be part of the same fandom, but I am afraid that does not help to make me feel part of this community. I feel slightly left out and would rather not be associated with this forum in the future.

I am very sorry to say that being part of this forum has not quite improved my experience in the phandom.

For these reasons, I have decided to leave this forum. I would like to thank everyone who posted on the threads I have created. As for me, I am still a fan of Dan and Phil, but from now on I will just watch their videos. Over this past month, I have discovered that I am a simple person; the only things I require is their fantastic sense of humour and the sound of their lovely accents after a long school day.

Well, it is time to leave now. I am terribly sorry for subjecting you to this boring post and I am wishing you all the best.

Goodbye,

Matcha_Ramune
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

dan voice for 2 seconds he's alive.
cringemonkey
drama llama

plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:43 pm dan voice for 2 seconds he's alive.
wait at what part? i didn't hear his voice
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

cringemonkey wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm
plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:43 pm dan voice for 2 seconds he's alive.
9:34, he asked "Is it in this drawer?" off camera. And Phil said "yes".
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I loved that video!!

And I know that there's gonna be bed discourse, but I'm honestly more fascinated by how the camera seems to be resting on a dresser. Is whatever room he's in that tiny? Is it Dan's old cave? A genuine walk-in closet? I have so many questions.
plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:49 pm
I genuinely think that's just Phil talking to himself. Is it not? :shrug:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was a nice vid, nothing too special but still something that made me smile while watching it.
I was not expecting to see Phil wearing a facemask, it looked a tad too small for him. :lol:
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 pm Oooh, one birthday present mystery solved, very nice.
I'm quite pleased we know of at least one thing that Dan gave to Phil for his birthday. Nice present too.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

rizzo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm I loved that video!!

And I know that there's gonna be bed discourse, but I'm honestly more fascinated by how the camera seems to be resting on a dresser. Is whatever room he's in that tiny? Is it Dan's old cave? A genuine walk-in closet? I have so many questions.
No that’s just phil talking close to the camera. Also phils head board went from white and silver to now black...
cringemonkey
drama llama

rizzo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm I loved that video!!

ok on first watch I thought that was Phil talking to himself too...but now listening back I actually think that is indeed Dan's voice. Dunno how i mistook that for Phil's at first now that I'm hearing that as Dan's :shrug:
noodlebum
flower crown

Honestly couldn't tell who it was either.

Him wearing that dog face mask while trying to seriously advertise his daily planner :lol: :dogue:

Also I love dominos replying to Phil about the disappearing Sizzler 8-)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@Matcha_Ramune I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, i thought the threads you created were fun and refreshing. If this forum doesn't quite improve your experience I hope you find another one (google is your friend) or some other place on the internet to talk about and enjoy Dan and Phil. I hope you change your mind but otherwise goodbye and take care ;)

~Didn't hear Dan's voice? It can be hard to tell at times with voices, but it sounds more like Phil to me.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
intoapuddle
spork

honestly, i think that is dan now that you mention it! because the voice is closer to the mic (less echo-ey), and phil's face doesn't move at all (we conveniently can't see his mouth at that part but you should be able to tell from his nose or at least something moving on his face).

at least, this is what i think rn. i'll rewatch those seconds a hundred times to come to a clearer conclusion lol

eta: actually now i'm torn, idk, it sounds like phil? i need answers.
Last edited by intoapuddle on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I liked it a lot! I loved the first Google search history video and this one was a breeze of fresh air! It was funny and made me happy.

But wow Phil cannot shut up about Dan, huh?
:gayaf:
cringemonkey
drama llama

intoapuddle wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 pm
honestly, i think that is dan now that you mention it! because the voice is closer to the mic (less echo-ey), and phil's face doesn't move at all (we conveniently can't see his mouth at that part but you should be able to tell from his nose or at least something moving on his face).

at least, this is what i think rn. i'll rewatch those seconds a hundred times to come to a clearer conclusion lol
lmao yeah, i've rewatched this bit a few times in the past few minutes and I really do think that's Dan's voice now based on volume, quality of voice, and his intonation (?)

wow i can't believe i really just analyzed a 5 second clip that much flkjnqejfnq
Ablissa
pastel persona

I enjoyed that video a lot!

Some random thoughts:
- I definitely don't hear Dan. Sounds more like Phil mumbling to himself.
- I like the sheets & I wonder about the bed, obvs. Did we know of a bed with a black headboard? Then again, it could just be dark.
- I like that he haru'd the fact that he doesn't sleep in the broom closet.
- The shoes are amazing and the fact that Dan tracked them down for him had me smiling.
- This vid was a bit heavy on the spon. It didn't bug me (get that money my boi) but it still felt like a lot. Membership, honey, planner + discount.
- I love hypochondriac Phil because I'm the same and it sucks (so I don't really love it but I relate a lot)

This once again had more of a Phil than AmazingPhil vibe, and I am here for it. I'd be happy if he filmed another one of those.

Btw: :lol: :lol:

Offtopic: does anyone actually use Honey? Is it good?
Last edited by Ablissa on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr