Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

@vacule ohhh, right! bless you, you're an angel.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

vacule wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 pm What I don't understand is that girl who's calling out Dan's correct grammar? Is it a meme? What?
I think she just genuinely doesn't understand how to use apostrophes. Or it's some meme I also haven't heard of lol, that's totally possible.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Thank you, Dan, for confirming 2 days in a row you're alive via sassy tweets.

Meanwhile, I have a video deadline today and I'm procrastinating on working on it by talking about why Dan hasn't made a video yet... it's youtube procrastination inception.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

He's slowly awakening from his slumber, who knows he might soon do a face reveal.
Why not make some content out of your procrastination, Dan style? Isn't half of everyone watching youtube procrastinating anyway? Sounds like it's one of those themes that should resonate with all audiences xd
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
fieldoflovers
living flop

knq wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:01 pm
knq wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:41 pm What does it mean to have almost lived one’s truth? :sherlock:
I know everyone's kind of over it, but the more I think about this tweet the more peaceful and content it seems. I dunno if it means something specific, like living his truth was acquiring that fish farm and Dan's just put in a competitive offer and is waiting to hear back from the realtor, or if it's super general like, Dan is always almost living his truth because as people we're always growing and imperfect and the best we can do is to almost express who we truly are because as soon as we express it, it's already changed.

Or, you know, something between those extremes. But it's comforting to me that when Dan tweeted he wasn't communicating in the tone that he does when he's especially depressed. I don't know if subconsciously I thought he'd been depressed during his whole hiatus, because logically I don't believe that, but it still makes me feel reassured and hopeful that he's putting stuff out there like 'almost' and 'when it's ready.'

this has been your daily dose of knq on completely different train than everyone else
I really liked this reading it makes me feel soft. I really relate to the I'm not there yet but I'm still working on myself. It makes dan feel so much more human , I think sometimes in my want/ demand from things from dan I forget that he too is a regular person and a work in progress.

I hope when he comes back he talks about "living your truth" or making any change being a process instead of a one time and how he's dealt with that? I'd love his take on it.

I found the acceptance card really endearing and i'm so so so so so glad dan's grown out of the grammar police phase. that was cute in 2013 and not a day after.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

How on Earth is that not the same granddad? The previous photo was a few years ago (5/6?) but he looks very similar, just not smiling, shorter hair.

I’m pretty behind on all the discourse, but was glad to be reminded of ContraPoints again (her Apocalypse video is the best I’ve seen on climate change).
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah it’s the same facial structure. I do agree he does look older in the earlier photo, but it’s also a worse quality photo, looks like he might have a sunburn or is just flush and isn’t wearing glasses. Plus everyone around Dan and Phil seem to defy aging. :shrug:
knq
lava lamp

Same guy who was eating his sandwich next to a rooster, yeah? I guess that means Dan is visiting family.

I’m wondering when the next Phil video will be. He’d been making one every 9 days but if he continued that would be Wednesday and he hasn’t mentioned anything yet.
starwatersong
phabergé

autumnhearth wrote:
And a witty reply to the grammar police.
Especially as the grammar police were wrong and Dan was right. It’s a singular possessive noun.

#grammarnerd
autumnhearth
senpai

^ indeed

@knq yep!
He reminds me of George Bluth Sr. in this one :lol:
Phantasy
woodland creature

Also same granddad that ain’t got time for fetus Dan’s joggity-jog...?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh no, now I have baby Dan singing his 'joggity jog jog jog' in my head. I'm drowning in cute.
scientia
phabergé

fieldoflovers wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 pm
knq wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:41 pm What does it mean to have almost lived one’s truth? :sherlock:
I know everyone's kind of over it, but the more I think about this tweet the more peaceful and content it seems. I dunno if it means something specific, like living his truth was acquiring that fish farm and Dan's just put in a competitive offer and is waiting to hear back from the realtor, or if it's super general like, Dan is always almost living his truth because as people we're always growing and imperfect and the best we can do is to almost express who we truly are because as soon as we express it, it's already changed.

Or, you know, something between those extremes. But it's comforting to me that when Dan tweeted he wasn't communicating in the tone that he does when he's especially depressed. I don't know if subconsciously I thought he'd been depressed during his whole hiatus, because logically I don't believe that, but it still makes me feel reassured and hopeful that he's putting stuff out there like 'almost' and 'when it's ready.'

this has been your daily dose of knq on completely different train than everyone else
I really liked this reading it makes me feel soft. I really relate to the I'm not there yet but I'm still working on myself. It makes dan feel so much more human , I think sometimes in my want/ demand from things from dan I forget that he too is a regular person and a work in progress.

I hope when he comes back he talks about "living your truth" or making any change being a process instead of a one time and how he's dealt with that? I'd love his take on it.

I found the acceptance card really endearing and i'm so so so so so glad dan's grown out of the grammar police phase. that was cute in 2013 and not a day after.
Can’t Dan’s ‘almost’ simply be him acknowledging that it has almost been a year since the release of that video?
knq
lava lamp

scientia wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:41 am
fieldoflovers wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Can’t Dan’s ‘almost’ simply be him acknowledging that it has almost been a year since the release of that video?
It would be strange for him to answer a question that way, and even if he wanted to be pedantic like that it hadn't 'almost' been a year when he tweeted, it had been a year.
kavat
pastel persona

So, what are the chances of a tweet/story about pancake day today?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

kavat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:15 pm So, what are the chances of a tweet/story about pancake day today?
My bets are all on Phil tweeting: HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!! *insert pancake emoji*
kavat
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:38 pm
kavat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:15 pm So, what are the chances of a tweet/story about pancake day today?
My bets are all on Phil tweeting: HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!! *insert pancake emoji*
Very plausible. Let's remember this golden moment.
liola
rankussy

Slightly more kinky than usual there
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm glad there's someone else who loves pancakes as much as me (hold the syrup though, please)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm still holding out hope for some kind of ig story. Or a sarcastic Dan tweet.
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m just scrolling through all of Phil’s pancake tweets. Not just for pancake day, but everyime they went to the US or just went out for pancakes.
In response to a reply on a TATINOF spon tweet where he mentioned he was eating “Welsh pancakes”.

Gosh he was awfully demanding that his followers feed him pancakes. Though he did occasionally offer to make them for everyone and deliver them via their disc drives.

This one tickled me:
Relatable to me, but it no longer has to be imaginary for them.
Ohhh Phil.... It will be ok soon, I promise.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

1) pancake day instastory PLEASE! Those old tweets are amazing (lol). That man has an insatiable sweet tooth

2) Dan liked a bunch of art on tumblr- one of which is that lovely comic style about “where’s dan? Where he wants to be” (sorry, I’m on my phone and can’t link). It just warms my heart that he saw it :love2:
firsttimeposter
living flop

Dan liked a tweet by Brian Jordan Alvarez and I really didn’t expect him to be into that kind of humor but YAS. Brian is hilarious (and also gay, and friends with freckle). I wish dnp would do a liveshow soon cause I really wanna hear dansoeak about Brian, or new artists, or just anything really.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

firsttimeposter wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:34 pm Dan liked a tweet by Brian Jordan Alvarez and I really didn’t expect him to be into that kind of humor but YAS. Brian is hilarious (and also gay, and friends with freckle). I wish dnp would do a liveshow soon cause I really wanna hear dansoeak about Brian, or new artists, or just anything really.
Aaah that makes me happy because I love him on Will & Grace, so I definitely approve.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

firsttimeposter wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:34 pm Dan liked a tweet by Brian Jordan Alvarez and I really didn’t expect him to be into that kind of humor but YAS. Brian is hilarious (and also gay, and friends with freckle). I wish dnp would do a liveshow soon cause I really wanna hear dansoeak about Brian, or new artists, or just anything really.
Could be wrong but considering dan doesn’t follow him, he probably saw the tweet because trixie Mattel retweeted it. That’s how I saw it and liked the tweet. I know dan follows her so that could be how he saw it. Not that it takes away from dan liking him or anything because I have no idea, just thought I’d add that info.