Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

noodlebum wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 pm How has he not been to a storage unit before?! Would've thought they'd already used one before tbh

Maybe the IRL offices are moving/getting refurbed? Or storing their merch? Just trying to think of other reasons for that crew to be there too if it's not dnp moving... :shrug:

I personally think it's to do with the gaming flat/room, and their old props and things from over the years.
I've been tweeting about this but here's why it doesn't make sense for it to be merch/irl related:
-IRL has a main operation office but the merch isn't produced or shipped from there, they have warehouses (prob shared cause that shit is pricey)

-there would be no need for them to have merch around unless its samples

-if it's samples they don't need to store it

-why would they have a storage room to store merch, when It doesn't provide organization? What kind of merch?

-Moving offices is usually something done quickly to avoid accumulating a shitload of work and I'm sure it would be less expensive in terms of energies as well to just overlap the rent of two offices instead of using a storage room

In conclusion, it doesn't make sense that it's related to merch
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
glitterintheair
phillluminati

That being merch-related doesn't make any sense to me because 1) that hand is one of their props and 2) i really don't think they would be involved in merch work. They have employees for that.

I think they're dropping off props and stuff they don't use anymore... for whatever reason...

Edit: basically what liola said
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I wish someone had saved Sarah's story inside the storage unit. I saw it twice and didn't think to look at the background/what was in the unit
noodlebum
flower crown

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:44 pm I mean, if they are indeed moving, I wouldn't be surprised they asked some friends to help and they are friends with several people from IRL. :shrug:
This is a good shout actually.

By the way, random but I swear fairly recently people were posting their favourite dnp compilation videos, but I looked back and couldn't see it so must've actually been a while ago.
Anyone got any good ones? I thought I saved a load, but can't find them now.
I'm in a soppy mood this evening :happytears:

I like this old one
Last edited by noodlebum on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

I'll join you in our little padded corner, @autumnhearth. I find it more likely they're just getting rid of filming flat, so need somewhere to put shit. I mean, sure they will not stay in that flat forever, but I don't know that they have forever home yet.
firsttimeposter
living flop

the only thing we can rely on rn (in correlation with dnp that is), is Phil videos. I thank him for that, it really keeps me stable to constantly know at least he’ll be here and not disappear from us haha.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Philena wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm I'll join you in our little padded corner, @autumnhearth. I find it more likely they're just getting rid of filming flat, so need somewhere to put shit. I mean, sure they will not stay in that flat forever, but I don't know that they have forever home yet.
The thing that makes my 'moving' alarm bells ring is not that they have the storage unit, but that they're telling us about it. This gives me strong 'hint because we're leading up to something and you'll handle it better if it's not actually a surprise' vibes. There's no way Phil decided to show that without knowing the conclusion that would be drawn.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 pm
Philena wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm I'll join you in our little padded corner, @autumnhearth. I find it more likely they're just getting rid of filming flat, so need somewhere to put shit. I mean, sure they will not stay in that flat forever, but I don't know that they have forever home yet.
The thing that makes my 'moving' alarm bells ring is not that they have the storage unit, but that they're telling us about it. This gives me strong 'hint because we're leading up to something and you'll handle it better if it's not actually a surprise' vibes. There's no way Phil decided to show that without knowing the conclusion that would be drawn.
It's all been pretty one-sided at this point. I don't think I'm going to be firmly on the moving hill until Dan joins in.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm
It's all been pretty one-sided at this point. I don't think I'm going to be firmly on the moving hill until Dan joins in.
There's not an any chance in my mind that Phil would be moving without Dan, so I'm pretty fine knowing that (as with everything right now) it's just that Phil is doing the talking for both of them while Dan is still distant from social media.

Though - I actually think Dan saying that he'll be back 'when the aesthetic is ready' could be interpreted as the actual aesthetic, meaning - the place he's going to be filming at.
knq
lava lamp

Dan wanted the 'void' sign from pop-up shop for his video background. Could that could be related?

I wouldn't have agreed that Phil was necessarily hinting at anything just based on the tweet, but the photo--yes. I'm not sure it means they're moving living flats yet though. They kept a lot of stuff in the gaming flat.
Philena
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 pm
There's not an any chance in my mind that Phil would be moving without Dan, so I'm pretty fine knowing that (as with everything right now) it's just that Phil is doing the talking for both of them while Dan is still distant from social media.

Though - I actually think Dan saying that he'll be back 'when the aesthetic is ready' could be interpreted as the actual aesthetic, meaning - the place he's going to be filming at.
Granted I'm easy, but you've convinced me. I'll pull up my towel and await @liola's fruits and cocktails... :ribena:
Ablissa
pastel persona

knq wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 pm Dan wanted the 'void' sign from pop-up shop for his video background. Could that could be related?

I wouldn't have agreed that Phil was necessarily hinting at anything just based on the tweet, but the photo--yes. I'm not sure it means they're moving living flats yet though. They kept a lot of stuff in the gaming flat.
Let's not forget that their lease will most likely be up this month. Right? So maybe they're not moving this week, but if they're moving at all, I'd expect it to happen by the end of March.
(please)
autumnhearth
senpai

See I actually want to argue with you for agreeing with me, lol, but I see dizzy has convinced you. I am not at all arguing against. I think it is very likely they’re moving this month. I’m just protecting my fragile heart. :brokenheart:
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

The reason Dan's not been around for so long is he's been building their #Forever Home from the ground up by HAND, while Phil bankrolls the endeavour by continuing to make videos. :foreverhome: That's why Dan's been exercising more (and Phil has been joining him), he had to get into shape to carry large timbers around and install full glass walls and the like. They were at the storage facility moving the last of their stuff in because Dan has now finished construction. Phil is currently editing the Forever Home Tour video, which is what we've all been waiting for for yearrrrrs.
fieldoflovers
living flop

Maybe the insta story and "highly requested video" are connected? He commented on Safiya's "I Bought An Abandoned Storage Unit" and while that was only a year ago, I would like to see it?
otherwise i'm really lost as to what it could be cause I think it'll be another solo one and most of the requests he gets are collabs usually,,
knq
lava lamp

This is a bit of a dumb question, but I just realized I don't understand why a storage unit would be a part of the moving process. Is it common to keep stuff in a self storage space when you're moving from one home to another? I'm only familiar with everything being packed into moving vans and moved to the new place.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

knq wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 am This is a bit of a dumb question, but I just realized I don't understand why a storage unit would be a part of the moving process. Is it common to keep stuff in a self storage space when you're moving from one home to another? I'm only familiar with everything being packed into moving vans and moved to the new place.
it could be if, for example, the lease on your old house is ending but the new house isn't quite finished yet, or there's still contract issues. Sometimes (or really VERY often) construction/redecorating gets delayed and you can't move your stuff in yet. One of the best options then is to put your belongings in storage and either sleep at someone else's place or stay in a hotel (or a tent in the backyard) until it's done. Or finish it room by room, and move in already while keeping most of your belongings somewhere else for the time being.

At least this is what I've gathered from watching a lot of shows where people build their own houses, lmao.
Ablissa
pastel persona

citizen_erased wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:45 am
knq wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 am This is a bit of a dumb question, but I just realized I don't understand why a storage unit would be a part of the moving process. Is it common to keep stuff in a self storage space when you're moving from one home to another? I'm only familiar with everything being packed into moving vans and moved to the new place.
it could be if, for example, the lease on your old house is ending but the new house isn't quite finished yet, or there's still contract issues. Sometimes (or really VERY often) construction/redecorating gets delayed and you can't move your stuff in yet. One of the best options then is to put your belongings in storage and either sleep at someone else's place or stay in a hotel (or a tent in the backyard) until it's done. Or finish it room by room, and move in already while keeping most of your belongings somewhere else for the time being.

At least this is what I've gathered from watching a lot of shows where people build their own houses, lmao.
Yes! Or they might just be doing some cleaning up. Considering the 'spooky week hand' thing, it seems like among other things, they're moving video props. It's likely that some of that stuff they won't need to use often or ever, but still don't want to get rid of, so a storage unit makes sense for it.
Philena
blobfish

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:17 am
LLP
See I actually want to argue with you for agreeing with me, lol, but I see dizzy has convinced you. I am not at all arguing against. I think it is very likely they’re moving this month. I’m just protecting my fragile heart. :brokenheart:
:pls: Same, which is why we need this optimism in our lives.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

From a "protecting my heart" perspective - I am fine with them not moving, and won't be crushed if they're not. I just think they love dropping hints, and I feel like Phil has thrown us collectively into Hint Canyon (Moving Hill at the other side of the canyon with a nice view, of course.)

But I think my optimism that takes root on Moving Hill stems from my hopes as a shipper that they move to their 4th house together for the past 9 years, at which point it's pretty much undeniable they're at the very least in a QPR because, well, yea. (If it isn't already undeniable).

As a fan (shipper or not) I am hopeful that moving will make Dan feel more settled into his "aesthetic" or "living his truth" or whatever that boy needs to create some content/rejoin the internet. And that moving together again will inspire some joint content, because my joint content tree is dying.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 am From a "protecting my heart" perspective - I am fine with them not moving, and won't be crushed if they're not. I just think they love dropping hints, and I feel like Phil has thrown us collectively into Hint Canyon (Moving Hill at the other side of the canyon with a nice view, of course.)

But I think my optimism that takes root on Moving Hill stems from my hopes as a shipper that they move to their 4th house together for the past 9 years, at which point it's pretty much undeniable they're at the very least in a QPR because, well, yea. (If it isn't already undeniable).

As a fan (shipper or not) I am hopeful that moving will make Dan feel more settled into his "aesthetic" or "living his truth" or whatever that boy needs to create some content/rejoin the internet. And that moving together again will inspire some joint content, because my joint content tree is dying.
I just really want to find out that Dan sent out a 'fuck your lives' vibe to our collective being solely so he could spend the first three months of the year wallowing in a pile of paint chips and furniture catalogs, investing his time attention and mental energy into home decor and discovering that the truth he needs to live is that of his inner HGTV guru.

That or he and Phil did actually almost divorce over the hard wood vs. carpet issue and therefore it's been a tense two months of couples therapy to come to a compromise.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Just building off these delicious theories maybe Dan's planning on coming back with a 5 part series documenting his time renovating the forever home à la Jimmy's house files, and he'll take his ~deep spin on what it's been like not uploading and trying to live his truth in the last year, and how cathartic (or not cathartic) renovating their house was for him.

Jk jk I'm just :pls: in the corner with my fantasies
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I thought that the vid could be another viewers pick my outfit but he has not asked for submissions or another sleepless night. Other than that things I perceive as widely requested are collabs with Martyn or Safiya. The apartment tour makes sense too though.

His post made me think that Phil really enjoys making vids since his first motivation when joining youtube was just to make vids and Idk maybe it's just the weird stage in my life where I'm questioning if I really like my job and career but I really admire that. And projecting much but I also think that Dan doesn't enjoy it anymore and is having an awkward time quitting altogether.
hello9217
flower crown

dan's Jan. 17 2017 liveshow: "Yes, get some storage, that literally is on the agenda"
dan's April 4 2017 live show: Dan asks the chat what he could do to change his background; he names it "Project Make Dan's Video Background More Aesthetic"
dan and phil's joint liveshow; April 27 2017: *someone in the chat*: "We predicted you moving." dan: "....well we did deliberately plant seeds."
dan's May 2 2017 liveshow: "You shouldn't rent for too long."
dan's Oct. 17, 2017 liveshow: he discusses that March was a hectic month for him because him and Phil were moving

Now I don't want to move on to moving hill but I'll pitch a little tent. I think this could be very similar to things they did in 2017 before they moved but I'm still slightly unsure. I think that they definitely have left the filming flat but that could be the reason why they are at the storage unit- to store all the props that they kept in there. But as above states, a lot of the same clues are being dropped.
fancybum
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 am dan's Jan. 17 2017 liveshow: "Yes, get some storage, that literally is on the agenda"
dan's April 4 2017 live show: Dan asks the chat what he could do to change his background; he names it "Project Make Dan's Video Background More Aesthetic"
dan and phil's joint liveshow; April 27 2017: *someone in the chat*: "We predicted you moving." dan: "....well we did deliberately plant seeds."
dan's May 2 2017 liveshow: "You shouldn't rent for too long."
dan's Oct. 17, 2017 liveshow: he discusses that March was a hectic month for him because him and Phil were moving

Now I don't want to move on to moving hill but I'll pitch a little tent. I think this could be very similar to things they did in 2017 before they moved but I'm still slightly unsure. I think that they definitely have left the filming flat but that could be the reason why they are at the storage unit- to store all the props that they kept in there. But as above states, a lot of the same clues are being dropped.
Yeah, but none of them are being dropped by Dan so this whole moving thing just doesn't feel like any fun like last time. Last time we actually had regular glimpses into their living space and regular updates through liveshows of what they were up to. Now we just have: Phil was in a storage unit one day. Cool.
:snow:
If that's his attempt at hinting at changes (that ultimately don't matter since we have no insight like we used to into anything really about them, then..?? Cool? Switching out one white background for another just doesn't seem jarring enough to have to bother laying the breadcrumbs this time around). Idk, not really feeling the excitement about this, even if they are moving; kind of just feels like another potential nail in a coffin lol.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me