Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Danny from McFly, that is fricking hilarious :rofl: great insight, good to know, Phil. Just looking up photos of young DannyMcFlyJones now, the hairstyle is basically identical. I was a B average kid at school, not all bad, but yeah imagine seeing anything much lower.
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Stop the moving hill!! I have come to the shocking conclusion that if Dan and Phil move... they will not have the moon room anymore. :shock:

Guys. Guys I love the moon room! Dan did livesshows from there! He wore his comfy jumper. He sassed Phil for hogging the lounge. He had a special bedroom candle! He had a moon mirror! He had a face! He talked with his face in front of the moon mirror!

I mean he could take his mirror and his face to a new building.

But until we know more about the fate of the moon room I think we ought to keep the moving hill in one place. Also I’m getting concerned about the dangers a moving hill poses to slow animals who might be in the area. Think of the cows.

Anyway please appreciate comfy dan in the moon room because Phil is watching Dr. Foster in the lounge.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aw, I would indeed miss the moon room. But lets be optimistic: maybe what would happen is that he just upgraded to a better moon room. More freedom for moon aesthetic if he doesn't have to abide by landlord rules!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phantasy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Fire, lies and death. I’m glad we’re less than halfway into this thread or that could be the title of the next one. I enjoyed some of Phil’s replies. They are very Phil. A coffin full of sweets and a better chance at growth for his dead house plants if they were buried. (Just not Loki, he’s crispy af from his Viking ship pyre.)

Ooo and just saw this:
Is this the final word on his natural hair color? Who knows.
And honestly, does he even remember at this point? lol

His hair here seems to pretty much match his eyebrows, so it’s probably very close at least. Still would love to see him “go natural” and even if it comes out “boring” mousey brown, a stylist could always fancy it up with some highlights/lowlights.

Dan has made his opinion though and likes the raven hair, so we may never know.
I find it suspitches that Phil constantly argues that every public photo of his almost-ginger hair was either dyed at the moment or otherwise bleached by the sun and that it's "normally a bit of a darker brown".

I call shenanigans. The only real evidence of this potentially being true is that spikey-haired photo. All other old-school photos of Phil suggest his hair was already dyed black or otherwise leans more ginger than it is brown.

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm
Fire, lies and death. I’m glad we’re less than halfway into this thread or that could be the title of the next one. I enjoyed some of Phil’s replies. They are very Phil. A coffin full of sweets and a better chance at growth for his dead house plants if they were buried. (Just not Loki, he’s crispy af from his Viking ship pyre.)

Ooo and just saw this:

His hair here seems to pretty much match his eyebrows, so it’s probably very close at least. Still would love to see him “go natural” and even if it comes out “boring” mousey brown, a stylist could always fancy it up with some highlights/lowlights.

I find it suspitches that Phil constantly argues that every public photo of his almost-ginger hair was either dyed at the moment or otherwise bleached by the sun and that it's "normally a bit of a darker brown".

I call shenanigans. The only real evidence of this potentially being true is that spikey-haired photo. All other old-school photos of Phil suggest his hair was already dyed black or otherwise leans more ginger than it is brown.

I'm not saying that I also lean to a more naturally ginger hair colour for Phil because Dan is very insistent about it, because, ya know, maybe he has other downstairs means of knowing how ginger or not Phil is that we really don't, and because of that I'm gonna take his word on it. I'm not saying that but. It's out there.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Ooo and just saw this:

I'm not saying that I also lean to a more naturally ginger hair colour for Phil because Dan is very insistent about it, because, ya know, maybe he has other downstairs means of knowing how ginger or not Phil is that we really don't, and because of that I'm gonna take his word on it. I'm not saying that but. It's out there.
Can't argue facts.
noodlebum
flower crown

Feel like a total creep saying this, but his chest hair was rather dark if I remember rightly, from a shower scene from an old video of his :shrug:
autumnhearth
senpai

Spikey hair is going to look darker because of gel. Chest hair, facial hair and pubic hair can all be a bit different from the hair on your head. And the hair on your head can get darker and/or duller as you age (I know I’ve stated this before so I won’t go into further detail, but I speak from personal experience).

The whole highlighter head story still amuses and confuses me a bit. In the photo he usually shows for it, he and Martyn have the exact same color light/bright ginger hair, yet he calls Martyn’s hair blonde. Too lazy to embed but just google ‘Martyn Phil Lester ginger’. A bit of bleach on hair with red undertones (say auburn) will bring out more copper, not lighten to blonde, unless you use a lot for a longer period of time.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Well obviously phil just suffers from internalized gingerphobia. Throw off you shackles and wear that ginger hair with pride Phil! #gingerpride.
The video quality is pretty bad but all the hair color talk reminded me of a genius segment of the Catherine Tate Show. An absolute classic of British Comedy :D !

Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Has anyone watched Jenna Marbles new plant tour video? So chill and calming! All I could think about was Phil doing one (once they finish the move *cough cough*). I know they had the mini plant update last year, but I want to hear him get all giddy about each individual one and tell us there names (please skip Loki in order to preserve @alittledizzys sanity)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Every time they're both radio silent for a day I get nervous. Silence from them both used to be a staple sign that Dan was filming. I realize that you can't put a ton of stock in their old tells right now, especially with Dan, because silence might just mean he had a busy day or a bad day or whatever - but it still makes my spidey senses tingle in a way I can't disconnect from.
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:58 pm Has anyone watched Jenna Marbles new plant tour video? So chill and calming! All I could think about was Phil doing one (once they finish the move *cough cough*). I know they had the mini plant update last year, but I want to hear him get all giddy about each individual one and tell us there names (please skip Loki in order to preserve @alittledizzys sanity)
A hiatus I can handle, but hearing about Loki one more time and I might unstan.
Ablissa
pastel persona

They're playing board games :happytears:
I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing their faces or hearing their voices, but I'll take it. Hope they're enjoying themselves.

I'd also like to #spon our next rabbit watch fest - a 48 hr stream of DAPG videos! We're starting this Saturday, March 16th, at 7 am UTC, and will stream for 48 hours straight. I hope to see some of you popping in the chat :love2:
Shoutout to @lesterchuu for not only sacrificing sleep for this to happen, but also making even more super cute artwork <3
Reblogs and retweets are awesome, and if you do, I'll bake you a cookie. (I will. You just won't receive it. But I'll eat it in your name)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooh, Phil changed his twitter and his instagram display names from AmazingPhil to Phil Lester!
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 am Oooh, Phil changed his twitter and his instagram display names from AmazingPhil to Phil Lester!
I thought his twitter was Phil Lester for some time, am I wrong? Either way hype!!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:28 am
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 am Oooh, Phil changed his twitter and his instagram display names from AmazingPhil to Phil Lester!
I thought his twitter was Phil Lester for some time, am I wrong? Either way hype!!
Oh, maybe so? I saw people screenshotting his twitter too so I figured he did something there. (This is when it's obvious how unobservant I am.)
starwatersong
phabergé

Looks like a late game night with Pandemic (which is a collaborative game).
noodlebum
flower crown

AmazingRebrand :P
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The world feels very sad today.

Anyone have any happy Dan and Phil things to share?

Here's a gifset I love:
That whole video is so lovely, despite Dan's struggle that week.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

^ I love that video - I wasn't around when it was posted, so I'm curious about what happened that week, if it's OK to ask?

Some fun things:

It's Comic Relief/Red Nose Day in the UK today, so here's their Red Nose Day video from 2015!

And this is a compilation I stumbled across yesterday that I thought was really well done; really well-edited and the ending sequence gave me feels. :happytears:

blackbirddan.tumblr.com
noodlebum
flower crown

Which video is that from @alittledizzy ? :)

@madzilla84 I also like that syncronised friendship video

Well, we can have a derpy Dan face, it made me laugh a lot when I paused on it anyway :lol:

Edit: Oh and this screenshot too

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I recently rediscovered and re-appreciated these brilliant moments:
no regrets re: the size of this post.
kavat
pastel persona

Oh that liveshow moment about making a gaming video sure is something. Extremely suspicious.

Let's remember this golden moment:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:10 pm ^ I love that video - I wasn't around when it was posted, so I'm curious about what happened that week, if it's OK to ask?
That's the same week in March of 2018 that he posted Trying to Live My Truth, where a lot of people assumed he was making a blowjob reference and was happy/proud of him for being so overt and then he did a liveshow where he was really on edge and snappy as he said people were wrong and that he meant eating ass not sucking dick (idk how to phrase that less bluntly, lol).

I think most people could tell just from watching him that it wasn't a great time, but they did kinda confirm in the mukbang video that Dan was having a breakdown in March and he hasn't made a 'real' (real by his words, not mine) video on dinof since.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Some of my favourite deppy moments that still kill me every time :')
Also please enjoy the entire blindfolded cat face game, because there's nothing sweeter :happytears:

sorry not sorry for how massive this post is
starwatersong
phabergé

kavat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm Oh that liveshow moment about making a gaming video sure is something. Extremely suspicious.

Let's remember this golden moment:
Plus, it unlocks the secret Dan quiff from the era seen in reflective backgrounds of Phil videos...