Happiness Thread

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Just... a thread for happy things.

TinyKittens livestreams - they are a trap/neuter/release but they have 24/7 streaming cams that are always either focused on ferals that were pregnant when captured and are in birth watch, new litters from those feral moms, or their 'special case' ferals who were easily socialized and are waiting adoption or are undergoing medical treatment.
And a video from that channel about one of the ferals that became permanent TK residents, Grandpa Mason, because his story gives me happy tears every time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some positive news stories:
  • New Zealand approves largest national park expansion in history after public outcry forced an energy company to shut down plans to make a hydroelectric dam in the area. [link]
  • Karen Uhlenbeck is the first woman to win math’s top prize. [link]
  • Faith based adoption agencies will no longer be able to deny same sex couples in Michigan because of religious objections. [link]
  • The abundance of rain in California has prompted new plant growth which caused a boom of Painted Lady butterflies to migrate across the state. [link]

kavat
pastel persona

What a great thread! Here's a few things that makes me happy.

- A cat stuck in a wall: - Nathan W Pyle's comic Strange Planet. I'm obsessed with these aliens.

- Emoji Tetra, a way to play Tetris in your twitter feed.

- The podcast Punch Up The Jam, that makes me cry laugh almost every episode. They take hit songs, criticize them and then make it better/make it what it should have been.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

omg @kavat I love those!! Especially Strange Planet, I've seen those pop up recently on social media but haven't actually sought out the source.

My happy for today is just some more cats. Stanley (the tiny one) and Chester (the big one) are both ferals who took really, really well to people when they were brought in as part of the TNR program. But Stanley has severely stunted growth so they've been searching for what made him so sick and undersized and finally found it! He has Juvenile Diabetes and Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, both of which they're treating now. The lengths these people go to for feral cats is amazing, and it's even more amazing when the cats ends up being candidates for nice safe forever homes.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I love this thread, it's sweet and makes my day to have a gander in here!

First, I want to start with this cat instagram (catstagram?) account. (here's today's post:)

Someone retweeted a thread about this little guy, and I thought he was so pretty I immediately followed. He's blind by birth, and his story makes me so emo (there's some press articles linked in the stories of the account profile!), and he's owned by a queer couple in Nashville! The captions are always adorable, and I just love his little face. And some of the video clips they post make me want to shower him with love :')

This tumblr post really gets me every time I see it:
Not only is the art so lovely, but the message is so sweet, and something I love to keep in mind. And I love that little guy making croissants while sitting on the counter )):

The artist seems to be a bit inactive everywhere, but I love love love this comic they last posted on tumblr, and their art generally.

And a couple of apps I enjoy!

The first is Terrarium, an idle game I found in January in which you grow plants by collecting oxygen from them. It's a pretty simple game, and I find it relaxing. Also the design is cute, and it's very easy to get high levels and bonus oxygen by watching ads. I'm not sure if it's on the app store (I don't have an iphone, but I tried my best to deal with the app store on my mac but I couldn't figure the games out lmao) but you can find it here on the google play store.

The second one is older, I think it's gone like three phones with me- so like 4-5 years ish, but I adore it. It's called Space Corgi, and it's basically Flappy Bird but with dogs in space! Some of the dogs you can unlock are themed, like they have a Harry Potter dog and stuff, and it's just a fun, very simple game. Much like the last one the app store was not forgiving to me when I tried to locate the free games lol, but you can find it here on the play store.

Finally, on a bit more of a silly note I adore these spring emojis, they're absolutely adorable!
:springdog: :cherryblossom: :springbutterfly:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@obsessivelymoody ooh I've seen that comic around tumblr too!! It's both funny and too real, I love it. And I love all your other links!! Definitely followed that Merlin instagram.

My happiness drop for this morning: this boredpanda post about bath tub trays. It legit had me rolling.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ooh I love this thread so much!!!
Here are some random things that make me happy:

- This dancing parrot :') It may sound stupid but watching this clip literally over and over got me through one of the hardest days in my life.

- As a 90s kid, this new version of MMMBop makes me immensely happy.

- This one is for fellow Star Wars fans so I'm putting it under a cut, but it makes me laugh lol.
- This coyote's face combined with the caption.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@Ablissa , your comment about the video that got you through a rough day reminded me of this comedian that I found during what was literally the shittiest night I think I've ever had. At a moment when I just needed to feel something that wasn't misery this guy made me laugh until I cried.
kavat
pastel persona

I've posted this before in a different thread but it just makes me laugh like nothing else. I've probably watched it 5 times by now.

And this is for some reason so funny and comforting to me. Just watching a brittish Dan playing a stupid game and having injokes with his best friend are just my thing, I guess.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

OK, this is the clip that unfailingly makes me laugh:

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

If I'm ever feeling stressed out or frantic or overwhelmed by the amount of work that I need to get done, I find listening to the song below on repeat very calming. It helps me feel a lot happier and focus on whatever I need to get done.

On a different note, whenever I find myself in need of a good belly laugh, I'll put on an hour-long compilation of pranks by Just for Laughs Gags. One of my favorite kinds of pranks that they do involves getting unsuspecting targets to see photos of themselves in unexpected places. The best (imo) example of this kind of prank is below, and there are a few more good examples under the cut.

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh I love that Lilo & Stitch one.

Sometimes when I'm sad I put this on - it's just so relentlessly cheerful that it's hard not to smile at least once during it.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

alittledizzy, your description of that video made me remember that I have something similar! For me, there's just something special about the video below. All the people love their animals, and they're all friends, and they're so happy, and they live in a simple world, and it's all set to an upbeat tune. Every time I watch this video for the first time in a while, it almost makes me tear up (in a warm, fuzzy sort of way), which seems silly since it's Schoolhouse Rock!, but there you have it. :D

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
citizen_erased
truth bomb

these two videos crack me up every single time I see them. I recommend watching the Swedish chef one with subtitles, it makes it even better. Also, to this day, whenever I see shrimp anywhere my trash brain goes "poppucoorrnn de shrimpee"

kavat
pastel persona

This man dancing with his cat really made me smile today.
Link in case tumblr embed isn't working
Ablissa
pastel persona

@itasca00 I love that song! I've listened to it loads while writing.

Here are two songs that make me happy:
(it has a slow-ish and quiet start so don't worry if you listen)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Strange Planet is definitely my happy making thing of the day. People have already linked some above so I'll stick these under the cut but I basically spent two hours on the instagram.

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

This thread really hasn't failed to make me smile, and I'm very appreciative of that! <3

Maybe this is more of a music or youtube rec, but I still wanted to share it here as it's something that's been bringing me a lot of peace lately.

The channel I'm recommending is Chillhop Music, which is basically a collection of lo-fi music. They have individual songs, albums and longer, themed saved livestreams. And--this is my favourite part of the channel--they usually have at least one livestream going for hours and hours of some kind of themed lo-fi music (the one I'm listening to as I type this is "lofi hip hop radio - chill/study beats"), which I really appreciate as a constant. I was recommended this channel a few months back, and it's been so nice to have it tabbed and use it when I need to just unwind or put on something chill to work to. I also adore the graphics and art they have up during the streams and their videos. The styles are so lovely and adorable!

As it's currently night time where I am (and I find this compilation very relaxing) here's one of their night time music mixes:

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

This is definitely not lo-fi, but it totally makes me smile every time, either in the background on loop or watching it through.

Who thought classic rock played by kids on xylophones could be so amazing? But it sounds awesome and the girl on drums is kick-ass. I love watching the kids' faces as they concentrate (or groove) and their proud little smiles at the end. <3

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Tiny newborn kitty babies!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is so old but I'm incapable of watching it and not smiling. Kristin's reaction when the woman who was totally randomly brought up on stage is just... priceless.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Lovely thread. Some from my faves playlist -

Same song as the yellow bird dancing above

Marching, playing, etc

There are two more like this on the channel

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I love all the music recs, it's been very nice to listen to some new stuff!

And I'm here with a couple things that make me laugh.

So this is a pretty popular video, but I always die laughing every time I watch it. Despite Simon Cowell being...Simon Cowell (that man makes me grind my teeth like nothing else lol) I just adore every single moment in this video.

Now despite me hating Trudeau with a burning passion, this is one of the dumbest things that absolutely cracks me up. It's so silly and dramatic (though it is a very real and serious topic...which is ironic with the hindsight of having him as PM lol), and the music edited over it just makes it a million times better.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

If you need a good laugh and haven't seen this yet, you need to watch this video:

I haven't laughed that hard over a video in a long time. A+ april fools prank and improvising (by both the teacher and other students), and how hard the students were trying to understand killed me. And I died at how long it took them to get it at the end (with the "formula" written on the board). I would've loved to have this guy as my math teacher in high school.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

One of the creators of Fortnite is buying thousands of acres of national forest just to keep it from getting developed and it's just a really nice news story.
whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 pm If you need a good laugh and haven't seen this yet, you need to watch this video:
I haven't laughed that hard over a video in a long time. A+ april fools prank and improvising (by both the teacher and other students), and how hard the students were trying to understand killed me. And I died at how long it took them to get it at the end (with the "formula" written on the board). I would've loved to have this guy as my math teacher in high school.
I just crylaughed at that, oh my god. That guy gets all the awards.