Superfruit/Pentatonix

fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

As there isn't a thread for them yet, I thought I'd quickly make one to share this video:

wow, this is so good. I mean, I've always loved their music, and it's good in this as well. but what absolutely blows me away is the kids and their dancing (I love dancing so much!!), and the way this plays with gender and presentation and expressing yourself. Wow. Since Mitch seems to express his gender in every way he wants too as well, I imagine there's quite a lot of personal thoughts that have went into this.

anyway, I love them, and maybe others want to discuss something about the two of them or the group once in a while too. :)
[x]
[x]
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm a very very casual fan of Mitch and Scott but I was blown away with the revelation that they used to date. I've always seen Scott as very protective of Mitch to the point that I suspect/ed that there could still be some non-platonic feelings on Scott's side. I absolutely have no basis on this. Just a gut feel. I'm just curious for those that actively follow them, did their revelation make you swing on either side (in that there could still be a romantic future for them [or there is now], or that they've really limited themselves to platonic friendship only)?

Also, there have been a couple of times that D&P and Mitch and Scott's relationships were compared because both present themselves to the public as bestfriends and roommates. I'm just curious too if the fact that Mitch and Scott used to date (and apparently they did twice and had casual hook-ups if I remember correctly) affect your perception of Deppy's relationship? My answer to this is that my belief in Deppy's relationship was strengthened in that I don't fully believe that Mitch and Scott have only purely platonic feelings for each other. I'm kinda on the camp that if they're not together, at the very least, they still have non-platonic feelings for each other and are just choosing not to act on it.

But I guess the biggest difference between Deppy and Scomiche is that Scott has had known boyfriends in the past while Deppy has never had a known significant other in the time they're together, and Scomiche openly declares that Mitch is single and they were even joking that Scott was trying to find a guy for Mitch, while Deppy never mentions things like that. I'm really curious as to the opinions of non-casual fans of Superfruit. I am in no way pushing my opinion on anyone else and I don't have basis at all for my Scomiche views. I just find their chemistry explosive. ).
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

fondsmiles wrote:As there isn't a thread for them yet, I thought I'd quickly make one to share this video:

wow, this is so good. I mean, I've always loved their music, and it's good in this as well. but what absolutely blows me away is the kids and their dancing (I love dancing so much!!), and the way this plays with gender and presentation and expressing yourself. Wow. Since Mitch seems to express his gender in every way he wants too as well, I imagine there's quite a lot of personal thoughts that have went into this.

anyway, I love them, and maybe others want to discuss something about the two of them or the group once in a while too. :)
YAAAAS!!! I found my people. Their EP is good but Worth It (Perfect) was not my favorite until I saw the video. The dancers were amazing. I immediately thought of Dan. I really want him to see this video. I am not sure if this is his kind of music coz he's a music critic :sideeye: . But I see him intrigued of the music video's concept. I think Phil will like Superfruit if he hears Mitch's voice. I see Phil as someone who listens to music if the sound resonates with him. Who is not enamoured of Mitch's voice any way?

I was a big fan of Superfruit. It died down when they neglected their channel. I don't really hold any grudge coz Scott and Mitch were busy with Pentatonix. I am a bigger Pentatonix fan so I was still happy. I admit that I started watching Superfruit before Pentatonix coz I shipped Scomiche. But I stopped shipping them when I saw how Scott loved Alex so much. It broke my heart when they broke-up. I am really intrigued on how Scott and Alex's relationship worked coz:
1. Scott and Mitch were shipped by their fans. Fans were harassing Alex.
2. They all live in the same house.
3. PTX was always on tour. They were so busy they hardly go home.
4. Scott and Mitch are so flirty with each other. It was disturbing sometimes.
I was shook when they said that they used to date. Scomiche happened and can happen again. But I really think that they decided to just remain friends coz their friendship is more important.
RRR98
drama llama

Did they ever say they had never dated in the past when asked if they were together?
saffarinda
truth bomb

RRR98 wrote:Did they ever say they had never dated in the past when asked if they were together?
In their uncut video with Kyle they did say they were "Always platonic" :lol:

I've gotten back into PTX and Superfruit so much recently. Before they released the book and revealed that they'd dated I always used to think that they'd dated in the past because some of their interactions reminded me of the interactions I have with my friend who I used to date. I also think they've hooked up more than they revealled in the book over the years (I actually find it quite funny with the parallels between me and my friend and Scott and Mitch. We both dated each other then hooked up two years later lmao).

It was Scott and Mitch that strengthened my belief that Dan and Phil had kissed and possibly dated at some point, perhaps not dating now, but at some point in the past for sure.

I've always thought about how Scott and Mitch easily show each other affection, even kissed in a video and were open enough to reveal the fact that they dated, and can easily continue on with their lives. Dan and Phil could literally do the exact same thing if they wanted to, so many people set it up like if Dan and Phil revealled anything to the phandom they'd go insane and be relentless, or something akin to that, but honestly there'd probably just be drama or shock for 24 hours and then people would chill.

Plus, no one could verbally confront them on it, so if they wanted to avoid questions they could really easily (Scott and Mitch jokingly claming no recollection of the La la land kiss reminds me of dnp with the cake scene so much).

I actually love the album so much! I'm looking forward to part two as well.

Shame about them giving Wyatt away, but it was for the best considering how often they're on tour.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
Phandumb
smol bean

I’m sad I missed a Scomiche discussion. =( anyone else REALLY miss Superfruit? The withdrawals are real.
-Angel 💜
Philena
blobfish

Bringing this back so we can discuss the most recent developments, particularly regarding Mitch's new phase, and his usual end-of-relationship shenanigans.

Any insight, @liola?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

TIL Mitch and his boyfriend broke up. How do we know this?
liola
rankussy

Basically, well first of all to the more involved fans it started to be kind of obvious because his boyfriend wasn't 24/7 glued to Mitch's side. BUT and here's where it gets juicy, Mitch leaked his own breakup to a couple of "trusted fans" (aka fans who suck his ass sorry not sorry I've got beef) and asked to spread the news quietly cause he wanted to avoid drama. So that's how the news started to spread and we all know about it.

As for his usual attitude post breakup, this is mostly something that only old fans would really know. But basically, he's been very private throughout the years, and this was his first public relationship since he became famous. The last one ended a few months after they started superfruit and it was bad the fandom flipped out. However, one pattern that seems to be common when Mitch breaks up (which is also highlighted in their fucking book who I will never forgive them for making me pay 36 dollars of shipping just to have it) is that he starts getting real close to Scott again. It's like he's unable to actually share his focus on more than one person at a time, if you follow them closely it's pretty obvious.

I mean Scott is another kind of messy with relationships but he seems to be able to divide his attention (way too good at it tho)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:06 pm Basically, well first of all to the more involved fans it started to be kind of obvious because his boyfriend wasn't 24/7 glued to Mitch's side. BUT and here's where it gets juicy, Mitch leaked his own breakup to a couple of "trusted fans" (aka fans who suck his ass sorry not sorry I've got beef) and asked to spread the news quietly cause he wanted to avoid drama. So that's how the news started to spread and we all know about it.

As for his usual attitude post breakup, this is mostly something that only old fans would really know. But basically, he's been very private throughout the years, and this was his first public relationship since he became famous. The last one ended a few months after they started superfruit and it was bad the fandom flipped out. However, one pattern that seems to be common when Mitch breaks up (which is also highlighted in their fucking book who I will never forgive them for making me pay 36 dollars of shipping just to have it) is that he starts getting real close to Scott again. It's like he's unable to actually share his focus on more than one person at a time, if you follow them closely it's pretty obvious.

I mean Scott is another kind of messy with relationships but he seems to be able to divide his attention (way too good at it tho)
cackling because #throuple

that's pretty wild tbh. i'd label myself a fairly casual scomiche fan in that i was (still am) deeply in the a cappella community and so have know them/about them for a stupid long time. so i keep up, but i'm not in the fandom side of it enough to know about these "trusted fans" you mention (i hella want more deets on that) or mitch's relationships or any of those shenanigans.

i gotta tell ya tho - this is so sad - but mitch attaching himself to scott again? sign me up. not healthy. but sign me up.
Philena
blobfish

Yup, @rizzo, what @liola said. It seemed super sudden, like right after Valentine's Day, I think??

And agree with everything said. Mitch seems to go through these big changes, looks and personality, after a breakup. He used to say he was "married" to that first boyfriend back in the day. He changed almost over night, imo, after that was broken off.

I really want to hear what you all think happened with Scomarson. It seemed messy.

Eta: I am digging the new Scomiche hang outs. I adore Mark, so much. And I really want to know Matt Sallee's deal. He hangs out with them all the time.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Philena wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 pm
And agree with everything said. Mitch seems to go through these big changes, looks and personality, after a breakup. He used to say he was "married" to that first boyfriend back in the day. He changed almost over night, imo, after that was broken off.

I really want to hear what you all think happened with Scomarson. It seemed messy.

Eta: I am digging the new Scomiche hang outs. I adore Mark, so much. And I really want to know Matt Sallee's deal. He hangs out with them all the time.
God, can he please get rid of that mullet now?

I love Matt Sallee and am also curious about how he hangs with Scott and Mark a lot.
liola
rankussy

I am definitely NOT a casual fan lmao like I'm as deep in scomiche fandom as phan if not more (hell for a certain time I had inside knowledge from one of their friends because a mutual took singing lessons from them cough cough )

God the throuple was messy. Apparently something started brewing when Scott was still with Shawn (their ex editor which btw fucking messy Scott stop dating people you employ) during EDC. Then apparently Mark and mason decided to take Scott on casually but it was obvious since the beginning that Mark was way too interested and Scott leaned more into Mark. So lo and behold one last vacation all together which apparently is Scott's favourite way to preface a breakup since he did it with both Shawn and Alex, and then Mason started tweeting emo shit and unfollowed everyone and Scott and Mark took less than two days to start calling each other boyfriend publicly. A mess.

I'm also not a fan of Mark tbh he seems to have abandoned all kind of careers to just leech off Scott and like.. no honey. Why would you leave a stable career at Amazon.

Matt is..interesting. I've heard rumours about him but nothing confirmed

Ps. No joke I took Mitch off notifications when he got the moustache cause I just couldn't fucking handle it. I'm both sad and relieved he wiped off his entire insta account so that there's no more proof of that monstrosity except in my heart and mind and all their videos dammit

CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

That moustache was absolutely tragic but the mullet is a close second.

The throuple sounds like a disaster. Was it after the Greece trip that they broke off with Mason? It was weird how he was just... gone. Same with Mitch's ex.

What have you heard about Matt?
Philena
blobfish

@CapriciousCrab, perhaps Matt is the new addition to their throuple. I am so kidding, but at this point nothing phases me about these guys.

And I completely forgot about Mark quitting Amazon. What a dumbass. Wonder if he is persuing some modeling gigs. Something, please. He has to know this won't last, right???
liola
rankussy

What I heard about Matt is mostly that fame is getting go his head kind of quickly (expected imo) and that he's a bit of a lady player. This last I'm more inclined to believe cause I heard from a close friend who had some kind of thing with him. Again, wouldn't surprise me that much. And it would fit the hole left by Avi not just in the music department but also the messiness lol but he's still so new and fans are desperate to make him feel accepted (and rightly so cause ya know drama aside he is good and gives a new energy and groove to the group that I was really missing)

Did any of you know about the fucking superfruit book btw? I just looked over and saw it collecting dust on my table and felt a pain thinking about how much I hated that whole ordeal, but I said it when it came out and I'll say it again - that is what phannies wish tabinof had been. I knew about Scott and Mitch dating before the book came out (most of us did) but I still remember the rage I felt.. the mix of emotions.. god they're lucky the book came out after the last world tour or I would've smacked them with it

Phandumb
smol bean

Wooooowwowwow I agree with everything you said and I have so so many feelings about these boys. Superfruit disappearing killed me and I miss them so much. I didn’t get to get that book but I was out of town at a friend’s house when she got her copy so I got to have all the feels with her about it all a few times before I left and I can’f Imagine just having that sit there like that. 💜 I am so bad at keeping up with people and their relationships but just from their instastories I had kind of figured that is how most of that messiness went down and I feel bad for praying that I get some Superfruit content now that they aren’t both buttoned up in relationships but ughhhh so many hiatuses and I’m dying =P anyways, I would also be interested to know more about what Matt’s up to and I uhhhhh had suspicions about him and Kirstie? But like I said I’m so bad about keeping up on things and am pretty alone in the fandom so finding this discussion was great. Ahhhhhh I just. Miss them so much! 💜
-Angel 💜
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Philena- I guess I wouldn't be terribly surprised. They clearly dont mind throuples lol.

Liola- gimme the dirt on Avi please. He's always been my fav but so closed mouthed. I heard that there was some nonsense with Trisha Paytas (is that right? I dont know who she is other than the lady who cries all the time).

Interesting about Matt being a player. I also thought there might be hints of something with Kirsten.
liola
rankussy

Okay okay one thing at the time.

Re: Kirstin and Matt, I've also had some thoughts about it, they seem to have gotten pretty close but there's not much about it. But they have similar characters and especially compared to how things were with Avi (god Avi and Kirstin is such a fucking mess all in itself, and a lot of it in half said things, I feel brought back to 2013 just thinking about it).

@CapriciousCrab Avi.. is messy, there's not much to say. He always had that aura to him of nature loving stoner that fooled a lot of people, and one of my closest friends is still his biggest fan and kind of stopped following ptx after he left. There's a lot to unfold about him. First of all, apparently one of the main reasons PTX hasn't been able to release original musical since he left is because he's demanding a good chunk of money for all the things he's written and arranged while he was still with them(kinda valid) but also a good chunk for everything unreleased as a founding member of the band. There's been a huge mess about it, Scott half confirmed it in DMs and liking tweets about it. Apparently the label paused a lot of their solo stuff as well to settle this mess first (and he conveniently waited until his solo album was out before starting any legal battle).

On top of that, it's pretty much confirmed that he and Kirstin weren't on the best of terms. You can clearly see a difference between how they used to be aftet the sing off (where it seemed like they were flirty) to 2013-2014 where it seemed to be awkward but pacific and then apparently it all went to shit around 2016 (so when he was deciding to leave) and apparently that played a big part of it. I've personally seen Kirstin's messages with fans saying that we dont' really know him and what kind of person he is and it's been rumoured A LOT that he doesn't have an issue sleeping with fans. As for Trisha, it's pretty much confirmed that he was hooking up with her and leeching off her house for a bit and then pretending like he didn't know her, she leaked videos and pics of them together and such. A whole mess honestly.

CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Wow, that is messy! What a shame that they ended up like this, especially since they all seemed so close in the beginning.

Seems like the only one who isn't a mess is Kevin but who really knows lol